Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ October 16

Good Morning, Everyone.

Hope all is well with everyone. No news from here. Did absolutely nothing worthwhile yesterday.

I need to get my casserole in the oven and get myself ready for church.

Have a lovely day.

good chilly, morning

slept in!.. unusual around here... but will make my day better...

. I am going to go to church with one of my senior students and her parents this morning.. Danielle is playing a piano piece for the offertory and they invited me to go hear her.. hope i don't make her nervous...David was invited too, but that type of setting makes his back ache..so he will hopefully behave while i am gone.. he has hopes of going to the sawmill this afternoon.. so no lunch out for us... soup and sandwich lunch..

had a great time watching great grandson Logan at his #1 birthday party ..amazed at how active and sturdy he is for just being one... he is in a day care 2 days a week ..( his grandmother has them the other 3).. and you can see he is used to playing with other children., not the least "strange" around people. smiles at everyone, but did not like held.. we got pictures galore!.. all four of my granddaughter were there .. they did get pictures of the four generations.. David, Mark,Ian and Logan.. all first born males.. they wisely did not try to open any of the mountain of gifts.would have taken forever!.. . just thanked everyone ..

better get moving , time flies by so fast..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Beautiful morning...hope the day is a repeat of yesterday! Watched hockey last night and the Blues won again. No more games until Tuesday. I think we are picking out paint for the boys cave today. But before I get all excited just because we have the paint does not mean any painting will be done in the near future. This son moves at his own pace and is easily detracted...other son is a barrel of energy and would have had the room painted, cleaned and put back together before going to bed tonight. How can two boys be so different? No kids this weekend so the house is so clean and quiet. Hoping for a repeat today. Still need those new jeans so may do that today since I have a coupon. Had a coupon in my bag yesterday and forgot to use it..darn!

Comment

The dogs let me sleep in a bit, too, Maye, and it is a great feeling. Just 30 minutes is luxurious!
        Donna, Thank you for the informative answer! I will be trying the sour cream frosting recipe today. I have a cake to take to our youth meeting Wednesday and figure I can make the frosting and use it in a few days if I keep it in Tupperware in the fridge.
        My tapioca I made for Barbara yesterday tasted great but did not set up well. I am not sure why, but maybe my egg whites were not what the recipe meant...beat until soft peaks form? So I took it to her for her to see if she could tell what went wrong and also bought some individual tapioca cups from the store (the Kozy Kitchen brand.)
        I got my flu shot yesterday. The pharmacy was totally free of customers when I went to ask and I just decided to get it. It was free, so just as good as waiting for the drive thru event. And this way I have proof on paper for the State that I got one.
        One baking success yesterday was the vanilla bean scone recipe that Becky made. With a vanilla bean glaze. Where the glaze ran off the scones and pooled on the parchment paper I stood and dipped my scone in: it was too good to throw out! So, I am a firm believer in Real vanilla and vanilla beans!
        Donna, about your raisins: we buy them in big boxes, not sure if it 5# or 3#, but they go pretty fast, too. Mostly in cookies...
        Church today and then just at home. More rain and wind and that makes for a good reading day. I have a book that I need to finish; Becky is right behind me in the series and I will pass it to her.
        My niece's baby is still in the hospital but the feeding tube was removed yesterday and they are hopeful she will be going home this week! She still has some serious issues. She was diagnosed with a severe hearing loss and only time will tell if hearing aids will help. Her other lymph issues are (hopefully) cosmetic and can be taken care of with surgery in a few years.
        She is so cute and has the biggest dark eyes that look so sweetly up into her mama's face in all the photos and videos they have posted.
        Hope your day goes well and restfully! Stay healthy and keep your chin up!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun disappears behind lots of clouds...boooooo.

Yesterday was good. A nice easy pace. Was at the church all morning working on today's meal for the homeless shelter. Normally it only takes us about 90 minutes from start to finish, but yesterday's menu took us almost 3 hrs. I went straight to the orchard from the church and bought 6 more bushels of apples....6 different kinds. Thank goodness most of them are bigger apples, so won't take as long to peel. Came home and ice the carrot cake and put the finishing touches on the birthday cake. I actually cooked a semi-good meal. Was going through the coupons from the Sunday paper and found a Totes storm jacket I liked & ordered it. I don't know what happen to all my jackets, but there are none for this time of year.

This morning was church & SS. All I HAVE to do today is make the potato salad for this evening's card game. I may start cutting out & baking the bat sugar cookies. I ordered them Friday and USPS already delivered them this morning just as we arrived home. Going to my SIL mom's place for cards. She doesn't like to drive at night, so about once every 6 weeks or so, we go there to play with her.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, yesterday we went to my Aunt and Uncle's 50th anniversary party, saw a bunch of family I haven't seen for years. Ate to much. Stopped at a flea market on the way back and Charlotte started my cow collection back to growing, Got home and found 3 little kittens in front of the carport door, brought them in and then Charlotte went out later and found a 4th one. Today going to take them out (think they are 2 different litters) One Momma takes care of hers but the other abandons hers at about 3-4 weeks. So will take them outside and see which Momma comes to the rescue, then catch her, rub her nose and the kittens down with alm so that she can't tell them apart and she will raise all of them. If that doesn't work I then become the foster Momma and will hand raise them.

Comment

Working...
            X