Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday - 10-13-2016

Good morning. Where is everyone today?

I did make the Apple Brandy Poundcake yesterday.....had enough leftover batter for a few cupcakes, because I used a smaller Bundt pan.
    The cake is So delicious! Even E kept saying how good it was after each bite. My hairdresser will be delighted to get this.

We're still getting ready for the trip. E has yet to get out the suitcase, but I'm sure we'll be packed by tonight.
    Tomorrow will be taken up by labwork and infusion, and afterwards we will head out towards the wedding destination. We'll be a few hours closer, and have less driving to do on Saturday. That's what getting older does...makes sitting on long rides difficult.

Well, it's my breakfast time. Guess I'll get that over with and then on to getting today situated.

How are you doing today, Cookie?
    Beth, I hope today goes better for you at work.

Have a great day, friends.
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-13-2016, 08:34 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning, have been up for awhile but had a bunch of paperwork for SS to fill out. so got those done and in the mailbox. Seems like even though they are taking over from IN they are making me fill out the forms that I have already filled out.
    Last night was another one of the dry hacking cough, praying that one of the 3 items I have for sale on the facebook sale site for here will sell so I can buy me some cough syrup or allergy pills. Goes to prove that as soon as a Dr sees the word smoker on your chart then everything is blamed on it. I have had maybe one pack of cigs since I've been here and am more congested than ever.

Comment

Here's a kitty for today, sent by my cat-loving DD.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning
        Running through and still getting ready for the day. Baby is staying home today so that makes a huge difference in what we can do (more) so trying to set it all up.
        Have a good day.!

Comment

I slept in but was here earlier and saw no one was here...late morning for a lot of you? Last night was the start of hockey season and the Blues won! Tonight is the home opener..cannot wait! Last night's spaghetti hit the spot. Andrew had no idea I made my own meatballs and thought they came from a bag. I do have a reputation of feeding them from bags cooked in the microwave but I do make my own meatballs. AND that is the only standard I have! Microwave and crock pot are my chief cooking appliances for most other things. Lunch with school chums was ok yesterday. They met at a restaurant I had been wanting to go but the food was a little to fancy for me...plentiful but fancy. When I left they were planning next month and ask if I had a suggestion...hey, you know me, I may not even show up next month so just call when the date gets close. Why do I dislike these dates? I could be cooped up in the house without seeing a soul for 6 weeks and still not want to go meet them for lunch. I guess all that is left to me becoming a hermit is letting the hair, beard and nails grow...I have the antisocial part down pat! Sierra stayed over last night and is still sleeping and I think she has an appointment with her advisor this morning. Guess she is old enough to set an alarm. If I wake her it will be to early and if I let her sleep I will have ruined her appointment time. Yep, I am a loser! Have a great trip JoGee...determined I do not know what takes so long to get people in need the help they need. Cloudy and cool this morning but house not overly cold. Think I have some turkey medallions in the freezer so supper will be another quick and easy masterpiece.

Comment

Good Morning! They must have lost the other morning posts when they tried to merge them. Came back to read and they are gone.

Anyways....yesterday was good. Saw the surgeon and I'm scheduled for Nov 3rd. Had lunch at Chili's on the way home. Mom & I are good together on road trips. Came home and started working on the orders I had for the restaurant and today. I was still baking late. I watched the last couple episodes of House. It's taken me well over 2 months to watch the entire series on Netflix. I'd watch 2-3 episodes a night before bed. I liked the ending.

This morning I got up early and baked 2 pies. The apple pie and coconut cream got delivered to the doctor's office for his staff per his order. Made a quick run to Aldi's. HAD to get a ripe banana to come home and finish another pie...coconut banana cream pie. The lady arrived to taste test cookies for her daughter's wedding that's coming up in a MONTH! I think she's going to order 100 dozen total. I AM SO BLESSED!!! She traveled a long way to try my cookies, but I came highly recommended by a co-worker who is one of my regular customers. I feel honored.

Well...time to get some laundry done and a bit of cleaning before heading back into the kitchen. Think I'll bake a couple carrot cakes for the freezer. I had one, but my customer who's coming soon wanted it.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Goodafternoon..everyone..&Cookielady too..I try to find it too..I lost it too..Thank-you..
              For mege them other..We write at the same time..I could be bump off..That is so weird..
              I did not do it..I was out shopping early this morning..Thing happen..
              I know little Germlins..lol.

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              I cannot imagine 100 dozen cookies! How do you keep count? Guess after a while you don't play one for me and one for them? I'd have cookies in every room and then some hanging from the ceiling plus I would be as big a house from sampling! No one would hire me to be a bakers assistant because I would cut down on the profit!!

My other post was using my phone...I couldn't get the thread for today on my desk top. Hope it was a one day error and not something that is spreading from one device to another.
            Wow! 100 dozen cookies! I can't even picture that many. You are blessed but you also Share the blessings.
            So, again, hope you all have a good day, and hope, Determined, that your medical needs get met soon.

Comment

Comment

Here is cute pic..

Comment

I am sorry..I hit the button twice...My mis take...

Comment

Working...
                  X