Tuesday 10/11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 10/11

Morning...I am barely awake...I was awake every hour last night...I guess I was excited for the cubs game..fell to sleep only to wake around 230 to see them lose. Work yesterday was crazy as I expected it to be. Lots and Lots of customers...half way through my morning responsibilities one of my supervisors came to me and said he would rather have me straightening the store. I have never seen so many messes! I think that from now on when we have big sale days I will ask to strictly straighten...and then volunteer to stay over doing just that...about the time I got through the entire store once the entire thing needed it again..it was like the customers would take something from the rack to look at it and just let it fall where ever..not excited to see what kind of mess we have to deal with this morning.

I may get to work late afternoon hours on Thursday. They are having another halloween event. This time I will be witch with no make up.

After work today I am having friends over we are going to make tie dye shirts and eat junk food and order pizza. tonight I have a class...after my class I will come straight home and watch the rest of the cubs/giants game..hoping the cubs are able to pull a win off tonight.

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning, Beth. Looks like we're the only ones awake yet. I guess my body decided to have daylight saving time early because I was up at 3:00.

I'm excited, too, as weather underground predicted 100% chance of rain Friday. Hope it doesn't change.

I have finally found a Dr. and have an appointment on the 25th. I hope this one is as good as the one that moved away because the two previous ones were a couple of nut cases.

About all I can think of right now so everyone have a great day and take care of yourselves.

Comment

Good morning everyone..
      I am glad that i stay home..That would be a mess..
      I like to shop early in the morning..When there is know one around..So going to the store and get few things..

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi beth! Hi sassy! Hi Barb!

No, I have not been asleep. I have cleaned 3 bathrooms and a filing cabinet full of "stuff," and now I'm ready for a break.

I got rid of my kilns, but now I have to eliminate all of the paint. If I were to look at the cost of what I'm trashing, I would really be down in the dumps. Oh well!

Hope everyone has a good day. Chicken on our menu.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We actually had a bit of frost out there.

Yesterday was good. Mixed up 4 kinds of cookies and made 2 batches of brownies before we headed out to meet Sue for lunch at Pizza Hut. Came home and started baking off dough. I baked off & decorated 3 kinds of cookies. I've got the wedding order complete. She didn't give me a date, so I just wanted to be prepared. I'm sure it's not this weekend, but better safe than sorry. Once I got my second wind during the evening, I got them packaged up and down in the basement freezer. Feels good.

This morning my SIL and I are meeting at my Mom's and we are cleaning for a while. Mom wants us to start on her kitchen. First thing will be bringing down the curtains and getting them washed. Depending on when I get home, I may bake off the 2 cookie batters in the refrig. I won't have time tomorrow to do anything since Mom & I are going to meet with the surgeon. I'm sure we won't get home until after 2pm.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, Everyone!
            Elaine, I am in the process of going through tubs that have lots of craft kits and supplies. And planning on a trip to Good Will to donate most of them. I try not to think about the cost I paid out, either..It will be the tubs of stamping things that will be my challenge to stay positive and just donate. Neither of us do that anymore and I have a lot of good stamps. At least the memory of all the fun Stampin' Up parties is still positive.
            Not much different going on today.
            We have rain forecast for the end of the week and hoping it is a go, like Barb said.
            Have a good, safe day with whatever is on your schedule, Friends!

Comment

Morning all. Got my exchanges made yesterday then had to run back to town for meds for Jon. His cold came back with a vengeance and has settled in his chest. Sounds bad but he has no sick leave left because of his surgery. He was off yesterday but stayed in the boy cave all day. Sierra and I went out to eat and brought him back soup. Made applesauce yesterday in the crock pot and the house smelled wonderful. I see where he was up last night eating applesauce but he is off to work now. Have no idea if Drew will be here tonight or not but I will make a pot of tortellini soup. Kids are not big on soup but I think their father needs it and I find it to be delish! Got a call that the school chums are meeting tomorrow...phoofy! I have missed the last three lunches so must make this one. At least it is at a place I have been wanting to go even if I have to drive a zillion miles. Sierra looked it up on google for directions and then had to explain them to me. She gets so frustrated with me but directionally impaired people are just that...impaired! But I think I have it and tomorrow I have to dig out something decent that still fits to wear. Hate fall for how to dress. Today i will stay home and dust, run the vac and mop. All this construction is killing the house with dust and dirt. Could be another reason we are all hacking. Sun is shining and suppose to be comfortable warm. House feels warmer this morning..heat has never been switched on. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Good morning to all.
                Today will be more prepping for the trip. I will be busy.
                E has been doing "other stuff". He's the procrastinator, Mr Do-it-last-minute, for the most part.
                I need to check my baking supplies, as tomorrow I need to bake a cake, which I'm taking to my hairdresser the following day. Friday is labs and blood infusion....I couldn't get them scheduled closer together, so the day will be pretty much a loss of time: labs mid-morning and infusion mid-afternoon.
                So we won't leave til early Saturday morning; it's a slightly more than 8 hour drive.
                We have special early boarding on the boat on Sunday, for the wedding. The rest of the passengers will have to wait until after that event to board, I'm told.

That's all my news for today. Have a good one! 😊
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all

Well, I did a crazy thing yesterday. I applied to adopt a dog from a local animal refuge. They replied almost immediately to let me know there was a pending application for the particular Chihuahua I wanted, but that often these fall through. I am waiting to hear back from them - they said 48-72 hours.

Erin is pretty excited about it too. She has already picked out a name

I'll keep you all posted on what happens.

In the meantime, I guess I should do some work since that's what they pay me for

Y'all have a good 'un!
                  The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, I hope it works out! If not this dog, then one who needs you just as much!

• Nalani
                    Nalani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sure hope you can get that little pound puppy. will keep my fingers crossed for you

Well it is still morning, chilly here this morning, house is quite since the little one is sleeping. pretty chilly here this morning so waiting a bit to jump in the shower. have a dry hacking cough,feels like I ahe something caught in my throat, but not coughing anything up.

Comment

Good Morning

why am I dragging this morning ???...maybe because I woke at 3 am and did not get back to sleep.. aggggg.I made it through 24 hrs on just one of the neuronton pills... no sign of returning pain.. so took my pill at 6am and will hope to get through today,tonight same way.... see my Dr tomorrow.. reporting in on shingles... and hope the tapering off will continue and i can be done with this med by Sunday... and done with pain.. and pray for energy to come back..

finished two library books.. one of Nook.. gone back already . one for Library . drop off tomorrow ..

Pat. dog is a puppy? we had two chihuahuas..each lived about 14 years.. loved them... if you haven't had a Chihuahaus befor . I got some pointers for you.. .. hope you get it.

Cute picture SassyG... but a dog would not wait , the cat will..

Grd. Bethany soccer game this evening at 4 . would love to go.. but we would have to late. see a bit more than half.. and its a walk from car park to field .my energy level is in the basement today.. . so.. might have to skip..

Waving hello at you all... lunch time..Davids looking in fridge.. see you all later.
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                      sassygirl01 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maye,Thank-you..That is for sure..The Dog would go for it..

• Paula A
                      Paula A commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am looking in my fridge, too, to get all the excess out and clean the shelves.
                      I am going to combine the three open jars of green olives. Combo flavor a should be fine!

• Pat B
                      Pat B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Aunt Maye - I had a chihuahua for 10 years - so I KNOW, believe me, I KNOW. This particular dog is not a puppy - she is between 1 & 2 years old.

Not all dogs would "go for it". Not always! I had a fox terrier dog and a cat when I was a teen.
                    Mom had me put the dog food in one half of the bowl, and the cat food in the other half....canned food.
                    The dog would be the first to get to the porch when I called, but sat back and waited for the cat.
                    The cat sauntered slowly to the porch and dish. She walked around the bowl, sniffing it all, then she would eat her fill.
                    Only then would the dog step up to the bowl, and finish off what was left.
                    While the dog ate, the cat washed herself. When the dog was done, the cat would lick the dog's face clean.
                    It was quite a thing to watch.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X