Rise and Shine Wednesday 10/5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise and Shine Wednesday 10/5

Good morning...Yesterday was ok...I got a lot done that needed to be done...work was just ok. Apparently they have let the lady that helped me in men's go. So now I am responsible for maintaining all of men's. It can be stressful especially when I have another employee coming to me after I have already cleaned up an area and telling that it needs it again already. She then expects me to go back redo the area...I did the first time but the 2nd time I asked a supervisor to look at.

I had really scary experiance with Cori. I have coat tree in my bedroom I keep all my scarves on it...Well Cori was playing close to it...chasing a toy...next thing I know I see the tree moving and hear her cry...she had hung herself in the tree..she had gotten the front half of her body threw but not the 2nd part...scared me and her too!!!

I sorted through some stuff in the garage...

Daddy and I ordered pizza last night...worst experiance and worst pizza ever..

Work today...more sorting this afternoon...church tonight.

Good Morning. Really windy out there this morning but I must get out and about this morning, I need to find a fanny pack to wear while in FL, do not want to carry a purse or anything over my shoulder, maybe something big enough for a small bottle of water...

Got my pork butt smoked and shredded yesterday, takes about 8 hrs. at 225 degrees, but it is so yummy. Will be making smoked mac & cheese today AFTER I get back from the stores I need to go too.

Beth you have to really think outside the box with a cat, just like with a child, need to 'kitty proof' the house...glad the tree did not fall on her....I love having live plants but since having these two I can no longer have them because they eat them, get sick, throw up all over the place, hubby can't buy me flowers unless I put them in a closed bedroom and can watch them constantly during the day because they will knock them over and try to eat them also...I am going to hang some shelves in areas that have nothing around so they can't jump on it and then maybe I can have flowers or plants.

Well down to the wire now need to get things done, sure hoping that Hurricane Matthew does not ruin our plans...Pat hope it doesn't come close to you for sure..

Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning. .

going to a day trying to straighten out stuff.. confrontation meetings coming up... I used to love them but not so much anymore... prefer peace.
      ...first , going to go to a store, cancel my credit card.. in person..
      ...second.. about a month ago my printer started yelling at me I needed Black ink.. went to staples,,, ask for , and paid for the ex/large Black .almost $20
      ...yesterday it finally showed Black was empty... so I proceed to change the cartridge, which is a job in itself.. only to discover I did not have Black ink , it was ex- large BLUE... and won't fit in the black slot...I did find the sales receipt. and .. will go back to store. I did not take the ink off shelf . I just ask for it.. the checkout man and I were discussing using re-manufactured ink.. pros.cons. and did not pay attention to the ink.basically this is my fault as much as stores.. but now I have to go back and buy Black today.. so Im going to see if I can return .exchange. get refund. or discount. something. the ink has been opened and they cannot sell. I could use it, (install where the reg sized blue is on printer .)
      so question for all you with printers ....do you use re-manufactured ink cartridges???

also have to call David's doctor office. get scrip for his pain med.. to be picked up tomorrow ...

who needs to clean?.. amazing how long the carpet will wait ... I am only really fussy about the bathroom and the kitchen ..

and thats my life today..

be back to read and comment about yours later this afternoon.

DWTSs got the right folks off last night .
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine everyone..

Going to Wal-mart and get kitty litter..to day..

Then will going out for by B-day to day...

And everyone have nice weather..And be safe too..

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it your birthday!?
          Happy Birthday and have fun going out!

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A.."YES" it is...
          Thank-you...I will...

Good Morning! The sun is SHINING!!!!

Yesterday was good. I actually found out that I have kitchen counters and a floor underneath all the flour & sugar crud...just kidding. I gave the kitchen a good cleaning...not great, but good. It felt wonderful. Worked of the dining room some too. Went out to lunch with Lori before she moves this weekend to SC. Just kept puttering along all afternoon. It's nice to not feel out of control. I don't like cleaning, but then again I don't like a messy place either.

This morning I have to make a lemon meringue pie and then I'm heading into town to Aldi's. The have flour down to $.99 and sugar down to $1.49. I'm stocking up for the cookie baking season now. I pulled out 5 cookie recipes I want to mix up and bake off today or tomorrow. I had a call from a lady that wants to order all the cookies for her daughter's wedding from me. She's coming next Thursday for samples, so there are a few I want her to try that I don't already have in my freezer. It doesn't bother me to have extras in the freezer because I then can make a tray up in minutes. May take Blaise to the library after school if he's had a good day. He did great in school yesterday but got in a bit of trouble on the bus for swearing. Guess who had to bite a bar of soap?

Best get busy. Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Will go search for it. yesterday he did fine and only missed a few for first study time. We work every evening in prep for Friday's test and on test day the kid cannot spell Andrew! If he spells the same word correctly every night he will miss it Friday...I am way to old for this spelling stuff!!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Will go search for it. yesterday he did fine and only missed a few for first study time. We work every evening in prep for Friday's test and on test day the kid cannot spell Andrew! If he spells the same word correctly every night he will miss it Friday...I am way to old for this spelling stuff!!

Good morning.
        A sunny day ahead! It's 6am, 56°, but going to 87° today.
        No plans today, but E wants to do the floors.

Yesterday was good. It turned out that we were in the Infectious Disease doctor's office for 1-1/2 hours. He's great to talk to, as well as a thorough doctor. He'd explained again that antibiotics can be tricky.....they can cause recurrence of certain problems if you refill the prescriptions too often. Which includes C-diff. He was glad that my/our outlook is that the less medications needed, the better. Actually, I discovered that attempts to exfoliate the cellulitis and leg/feet swelling was more helpful than I expected---something I did on my own. I just didn't like the feel of "tough skin" that developed, so I kept it moisturized and brushed it. The discoloration is far less than it was. Anyway, he will not have to see me any more. 😊

Oh, and the day before when we went shopping, we had 2 close calls in the car...both in parking lots.
        Leaving Target, some guy driving a big (not commercial) truck, came barreling in the entrance and turned down the first aisle without slowing down. We were as far to the right as one could get. But if Ellis didn't lay on the horn for his attention, it would have been disaster! He stopped about 3" from our car, managed to pull around us while blaring his horn and "showing us his IQ finger" as he sped away.
        Then 15 minutes later in a Safeway lot, some woman pulled out of a parking spot and stopped her car on the left side of the aisle. I don't know what she was doing sitting there so long (cell phone?), but we were just passing her when she almost turned her vehicle in our car's path.....didn't straighten out til E blared the horn, but she shot ahead of us anyway and made a right turn in front of us.
        Where do these people learn to drive, anyway? And since when do they think going through parking lots at 40-50 mph is legal? And where can we get hood cameras that can send pictures of these infractions to the police???

Well, the rest of the week will be quiet, no demands.

Beth, Cori is in an interesting stage. She is still learning about things, and will get in trouble.
        Sharon....I'm told to save your plants from the cats, you have to spray the plants with a mixture (I don't know the amounts) of tobasco, liquid soap, and water. The cats won't like the taste. Hope the Hurricane doesn't ruin your trip plans.
        Maye, no we don't use remanufactured cartridges. We tried once, but it wasn't a good experience and they didn't last quite as long as the new cartridges.

To everyone, have a great day! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, seems way to quiet here. Kids at school, niece at work. Other niece and sister took the little one to take nephew, sisters car to use, so it is just me and BIL here and he is still sleeping. Ebil is adjusting and even let the youngest great nephew pet her yesterday, she is getting to the point if the back door opens she will just sit and look instead of going into hiding. Dogs came down this morning and she just laid real still and watched them.
          Have been teaching the two older boys to crochet, older one is getting pretty good, have to get him to learn to keep track of his stitches, he turns before reaching the end of his row, All in all he is doing pretty good considering he is left handed and I'm right handed. I refuse to be real picky about his stitches, It's supposed to be fun and I know that when someone just keeps pointing out "mistakes" it gets you discourged and makes you just give up. Other boy has stopped for now, he is just very impatient with himself. Youngest asked me yesterday to teach him, so once I get Griffin on his own then I will start with Noah. Sister bought a book about crocheting with your fingers, when the person she loaned it to brings it back I will look it over and start the boys on it. The only problem is the boys want to move faster than they have the ability, Griffin is already wanting to make a hat, told him he has to get the straight rows going before he can even think about working in circles, heck I've been at this for a long time and I get thrown off on the rounds. Told him that before we move on to those we will work with the regular stitches and do a baby blanket for his sister, we will have until May so plenty of time to work on it.

Comment

Good morning! Can't think of anything new from here. Getting my hair cut today then will meet the bus later. Dad has a dentist appointment after work so Drew and I will do Taco Bell....not a favorite eating spot for me but I don't have to cook it so don;t really care!! I remember that Christmas card picture, Sharon. I love Disney but Linda LOVED Disney! To be taking her grandchildren now would have been her greatest pleasure. You have a wonderful trip! This hurricane is horrible. Could impact so much of the east coast and Florida. Can you imagine measuring rain in feet? Haircut is early and i need gas and to go to the bank. Looks like rain but the warm is suppose to continue for a couple of days. First night of spelling Drew did pretty darn good. Round one over but 2 and 3 to go and round 3 seems to be when he goes totally deaf and dumb. Pat according to the weather you should be safe right? But who knows with the weather what direction things will go. Keeps up to date...

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Maxie....we got a note home from the school about a site specifically for spelling. Spellingcity.com You put in their word list and there are all kinds of games they can play using those words. Just a thought.

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Donna! One of my grandsons is having spelling trouble!
              This should help the parents, too!

52* and Garbage day here.
            Not much new in our zoo, but planning on having a good day. Hoping the kids will eat the porcupine meatballs I have planned for them.
            Boffler, I so hope the Disney trip does not get cancelled.
            And of course, hope Pat does not get trouble from Matthew.
            I trimmed some tree branches that were hanging over my fence from the neighbor's (totally ok with him). They were brushing my hair when I walked around the yard picking things up and now will start tackling the leaves...a big job if ever there was one. The lawn guys did a fairly good job about getting the leaves that fell right on the lawn, but none ever got the ones that were in the roses or landed and piled up against the fence...even after pointing out that previous yard guys hadn't done it and saying (the last guy), Oh, I think we can make you a lot happier. He was really good, but then got more and more customers and hired young men who just knowhow to push a lawn mower...so happy that I bought my own.
            I got to go...just saw the time!
            Have a great day!

Comment

a busy day for me.. very busy, wore me out...first there was the laundry. not bad.. then at least 45 min at the Triple A.. sweet young lady trying to find out where my $50 diner card has not arrived.. bless her..
              on to Boscovs... David was shopping for mens wonderful fuzzy lined ,zippered sweat jackets. for sons.. I went up to office, second floor .to cancel my credit card.... but they don't do that ..Just call the customer service no. on the card.. agggg.

then to Staples to tell them about wrong cartridge of ink that I purchases a month ago... ask for Black . salesperson. got it down from wall.. I paid..did not pay close enough attention.. and here it was Blue.. my fault and their fault. but I got a Sorry... can't return an opened box.... so brought it home ,will use some day ...bought Black one. .. but I am done with that store... will order ink online or go to different place.. by now it is 2 1/2 later. I"m exhausted..
              took a rest.. ...................Son Bruce and grdau. Carrie stopped in for a 2 hour visit.. loved that part of the day.!...
              then my only piano lessons ( until volley ball season is over). at 7. my 13 yr old boy.. neat kid. but he was tired from soccer practice and I was just tired..

notice no cooking, or cleaning .. ate leftovers and sandwiches.. ready for bed.

Darla how wonderful to be teaching the kids crocheting !!!!.. my grandmother taught me. she right handed me left but I set across from her and it made sense..did not get good at it until I restarted in my 20.s but did make potholders with her.. she also showed me how to cut pieces of different material and sew together. to make a quilt top.. a doll baby blanket.. she had me sew topstitch onto a "backing" piece the right side .. when it was covered she bound the edge for me.. I did not teach my granddaughters either.. but I did teach them to make Buns.. and Icing cookies. together .. the computer ,cell phones have ruin the kids from learning things like that .....almost.. keep it up!!!!

and Hi to you all about.. I am headed for bed.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
              X