Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye September ~ 9/30

Good Morning, Friends.

It is finally cooling down around here. You can even sit in the car with the motor off and the windows down while you wait for someone.

Final day this week for John's Vidaza shot. Tomorrow we can actually stay home. Yay!

Our lovely nephew, Byron, and his helper came yesterday and worked on cleaning out the shop so that we can once again park the mower in there.
    It lost its place when he brought us a Kabota RTV to drive around in.
    He took my 2 kilns and a set of cast iron furniture to an auction. Only got through half of the "stuff," but we can actually see the floor again.

Our pecan crop is so abundant this year that 2 of our trees each lost a limb yesterday from the weight. Sad. Hate to see these beautiful trees damaged.

Well, better get hopping so we can get to town. Have a great day, Everyone!

Good morning...Cori let me sleep again...We were up at 430. I had to get up to use the bath room anyways..work today...

I found a Vera Bradly purse yesterday...something I have been watching for since starting work at the store...took it to the register only to find out I couldn't purchase it until today maybe even tomarrow..I am so hoping its still there today..it had an excellent price on it! I also found my best friends Christmas gift if its still there...she is a huge Saint Louis Cardinals fan! They have a saint louis cardinals purse in the store..am hoping to be able to get it today or Monday...not sure how lucky I will get..If I am not able to get it I will continue with my original idea...I am filling a box with Saint Louis Cardinal shirts in her size as they come in and I am able to purchase them.

Work and volunteering and resting on my list of things to do today...must work in the garage tomarrow.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      So excited about that purse!
      Hope you get it!

Good morning

Elaine, its so nice to see a place get "organized".. I like cleaning out drawers( after I get myself pushed into starting ). just to see the empty spaces..
    .... and I know what you mean about staying home a day... I did that yesterday..even made it a lazy day. it was rainy, cool. and I read.. hey the sweeper can wait.. David likes to just "go" somewhere . so we will be out and about today..

Bethina, hope you get to buy that purse... what a find!..

had a good week ...spent a lot of hours with Karen, Son Bruce was here to visit Monday and has called twice , Mark has stopped in every day.. he has tennis elbow and is off work.. and son Mike called yesterday to talk to just me.. for about 20 min or so.. sure makes for a happy Mom when you are in touch with them all.. just to talk!.. and I think I chatted with Donna too.. good week..

I will be back to read .. hope your day is great . I can bring donuts from bakery later???

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye,I like them fresh..I will bring the coffee...Do you want something different..Pumpkin coffee??

Good Morning! Another dreary one here. The sun did peek out a few times yesterday.

Yesterday was a dragging butt day. Got home from Bible study around noon and just couldn't find my get up & go. It finally kicked into gear around 3:30 and I got the laundry done, made dinner, and rolled pie crusts for today's baking. I did have nice LONG chats with Becca & my Mom.

This morning I made a huge bowl (42 cups) of popcorn for Blaise to take to school. He's the student of the week and Friday they get to bring in their favorite snack. He has lots of favorites, but I think there is someone in his class with a wheat allergy, so I thought popcorn would be something they could enjoy too. Picked up a half bushel of tomatoes yesterday but since I has very little energy, they didn't get done, so that's on today's agenda as well as making 6 pies for the stand for tomorrow.

Time to get busy.....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

A bit of drizzle out there this morning. We are forecasted to have thunderstorms this afternoon, according to the computer weather site. The site I use is usually very accurate, and they even give a time that they will start.

I still have female hummers coming to my feeders. This is the longest into Sept. that I've seen them still around. Usually, they are gone by around the 24th of the month. I also leave the feeders out for a week to ten days after mine leave for the year so the transits can find food on their way south.

I was going to wash windows today, but since there is wind predicted to go with the thunderstorms, I think I'll wait until next week. Didn't have anything else planned except the electrician to come and put up a new fan in the front room. The old one died last week.

Better get a shower and dressed as I don't have a time for when the electrician is coming. Have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning, looks like we are in for more thunder boomers today, yesterday had some really loud cracks, one cat it doesn't bother a bit, the other one goes and hides, LOL...Got my infusion yesterday, wish it didn't take so long, also got my flu shot...didn't need the pneumonia one, took them awhile to figure out which one I had last received and if I needed another one...can't get the shot for shingles as it is a live virus and I am not allowed to do any with live cultures...

Need to go to the bank today for a notary signing, seems hubby can't retire unless I give my permission also, something to do with pension, retirement, etc. since I do want him to retire I will go get it done and signed, LOL...Even though he is a messy upper he is also a very good worker and helps me a lot inside also, all I need do is ask...sometimes I don't even have to ask, he just cleans up the kitchen after supper, he loves to cook breakfast on the weekends and cleans up after that also...so even though he can get me aggravated at some of the things he does, I'm sure that he could probably list things I do that aggravate him also, its a trade off..but we enjoy being with each other and doing things together, he is game for anything I want to do, even shop...

Okay, since I can't read when he is home I will be spending time reading today, the book is really good...will make crockpot Salisbury steak for supper, mashed potatoes and peas, sounds really good..

Have a great day one and all, and yes, where are you Pat? Justy how you doing?

Sassygirl are you all moved and settled in now..
        Darla, how are things going where you are living now? Hear from Kenny?

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Boffler,I am..It took whole day..I boy.!!!..That is one long day..
          We start early in the morning and did not finish..Around supper time..
          Now are unpacking..Just few things..We are setting now..It is turn out cute...

Good Morning, looks like rain here and temps have cooled off, not bad just makes good sleeping for me, wrap up in the blankets and snooze away. Today is off day for the 2 nieces, the momma of the 2 year old is doing her 2nd job so "meanness" is here.

boff, yes I've heard from Kenny, He called twice to give me messages. He told me I was being hateful, I told him that I wasn't meaning to be but he could say "hello" before ordering me to get a pen and paper. The one time I was in the bathroom and even after I told him where I was he kept telling me to get a pen and paper, Sister must have heard me raising my voice since she handed me a pad and pen through the door.

Comment

Good Morning! Fr8iday, Pay Day, and rain in the forecast (well, in sight) so what could be better? I think they said about Sunday we could get rain. Fingers crossed!
          Newest pictures of the baby yesterday and posts that she could be in the hospital for weeks or months as they do surgeries and deal with her lymph system. But a cute little girl. IU am still waiting to hear what name they choose...
          I have to go clean the bathroom floor. Hairspray seems to make the dust stick and a dry Swiffer just doesn't get it up.
          Elaine, sorry about the limbs. But happy about the crop!
          Enjoy any at home day you get, Maye! But I am happy you and David can still get out and about, too. Have fun and enjoy.
          Darla, deep breath when the phone rings and just be happy for your safe place. Take care of yourself.
          I have to go and get that floor and the spaghetti sauce cooking for our lunch. All the kids are expected today and they all chow down on spaghetti!
          Have a good day, Everyone.
          Sharon, did any of your shots make you a bit ill? I had to get the MMR ad DTAP and felt a little under from it, I thought.

Comment

Good morning! 😄
            So nice to see so many here already.
            I slept til almost 7 this morning....so nice to sleep the night through.

Yesterday we did get rain. It arrived with soft thunder rolling across the skies at supper time. It was a soft, good rain that lasted an hour, but we did start getting little "lakes" in our backyard. The same weather prediction today with 90°, if Mother Nature cooperates.

With October almost upon us, I think I'll gather some rocks that seem to "grow" in the backyard and glue wiggly eyes and maybe tufts of "hair" for Halloween. They'll probably end up disappearing with the kids passing through.

Elaine, lucky you to have a good pecan crop. Too bad about the limb damage. I miss baking with nuts. I even liked them in salads, especially the sugared ones. Joys of aging......limits in ones diet.
            Beth, hope you get that purse and the shirts.
            Cookie, the popcorn will go over very well, I'm sure. Easy snacking, too. Are the tomatoes for spaghetti sauce?
            Jostoy, I didn't have feeders out this year. I love seeing hummingbirds, though. Sometimes it's so hot here, and or new trees don't provide all the shade they should yet, I'm afraid the feeders would gather the heat and burn the hungry little hummers.
            Sharon, I love that When I cook these days, E rinses the dishes and stacks the dishwasher, and scrubs the pots and pans before bedtime. Retirement has its upside and even sometimes it's downside - can't have one without the other. 😉
            Darla, I'm glad you're settled in with your Sis & family. Kenny sounds far too demanding, and not too nice with his demands. That's sad.
            Hi Maye, Paula, Maxie, Nalani, Pat, Justy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great day!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Nothing happening around here...I could wish for a normal family but guess I have never had one. The abnormal gene is from their father, of course! Andrew is worried snakes will get on his bike so he is parking outside the back door instead of the normal side going into the lower level. I don't know if I should worry about him or not...I just have this vision of a herd of snakes riding down the street on his bike. I made my mom's coffee cake yesterday and when he came in said it was better than Aunt Nan's (my sister), but then he hadn't had supper yet and may have been worried about repercussions cuz nothing I make is better than Aunt Nan's. Spelling was a WWIII event around here last night. How can you write a word 5 times and then not be able to spell it back? Such a block head!! I ended up throwing a paper ball at him and he threw it back so that broke some of the tension with a little laughter..not that he spelled much better but at least the growling stopped. But he can diagnosis what is wrong with your lawn mower and tell you how to fix it...usually he does the fixing himself around here. No word on Sierra's car and she is anxious to get it back. The loaner he gave her is a used 2016 Cruz and hers is a 2014 but she wants HERS back. 'I love my car'. Give me a newer car to drive and I will tell you right now which one I 'love'. We lost Wednesday at the ballpark and froze in the process of watching them lose. Watched from the comfort of my bed last night and we won. Hockey starts in 12 days and yes, I am counting the days. Andrew has a noon dismissal today so he will either eat me out of house and fridge or talk my arm off. Sierra will be here after class until time to leave for work so maybe she will entertain him for an hour or so since it is another cold and gloomy, misty day. Took the hummer feeder down this morning since I haven't seem a hummer for a few days. Hope they remember where I am next Spring. Sierra left a check yesterday and I made a Christmas order for her...she is half finished shopping and I have my three little snorkels. I am thinking my Halloween goal will not be met this season. Need to get dressed and ready to meet the bus. Have to leave early to park around the construction crews.

Comment

• Becky
                Becky commented
                Editing a comment
                Maxie, has your grandson been tested for dyslexia? He reminds me of a nephew of mine that is dyslexic. He couldn't spell but could diagnose
                and fix computers like a whiz. When he was in high school the computer businesses in the city where he lived had a bidding war trying to hire him.

Aloha all!

Off on a picnic today somewhere near Lahaina. Should be fun but hot.

Beth, I love Vera Bradley purses and have a couple. Just toss them in the washer if dirty. Hope it will be there for you. Can you sort of hide it somewhere so it isn't easily seen?

Have a good day all!

Comment

Becky, he was tested several years ago and they did find some learning disabilities and I am trying to get my son to have him retested. I also think there may be some ADD involved since his father is...hence we never have a completed project around here! BUT we have a mother in denial. Teacher conferences are coming in October so hoping he can get some guidance and recommendations from the teachers. Thanks for your input...it is good to know that I am not over reacting and you can see from my ramblings that there may be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                X