Tuesday 9/27

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 9/27

Good morning..very rough night..cori wanted to play all night! At some point she throwing a fit. She wanted to eat at 230 or 3. I tried to ignore her...she began pushining stuff of my dresser. At around 400 I put Cori her litter box and food and water out of bedroom and closed the door.

I got my new phone yesterday. So far I really like it.,☺

Work was a little stressful. I think for everyone..

Volunteering this afternoon

Meeting tonight.

Good morning everyone.

I'm home for a while at least. Will have to go back north when the kids get their big items out of the garage so I can have some room to re-arrange things. Since the nephew is buying a house, it will probably be in November before I go back, IF the little white puffy things aren't flying in the air.

The worst part of things when you are away is trying to "catch up" on your own things when you get home. I have 2 weeks, then my cousin and her husband are coming down to go to the lake with me. Maybe I am looking for the winter this year so I can get some rest.

Don't know what "catch up" will be done today, but just know it won't be anything that needs "concentration or heavy lifting". So I will get off here and bid you all a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning

a nag for Jostoy.... do not overdo, skip over the things that can be done inside in the winter... pat the yard a bit. and leave the kitchen and bathroom looking nice... thats all company ever sees anyhow.. but I just want you to stay well.

hooray. Beth.. that is how to deal with naughty kitty!... if she did any mess anywhere else in house.. next time shut her in bathroom..

Got all the bedding washed and dried outside yesterday...makes the beds and bedroom so nice... one more light weight comfort that DAvid like to use in summer to do..but will wait until he switches to the heavy one.. to wash that one.. .. but that kind of work ate up all the days supply of energy.

They did manage to get DWTSs in , rush rush , last night ... but tonight should be slower ....

I did not listen to Debates.. maybe I am sticking my head in the sand... but..these two powerful people. fighting for a powerful office... keep acting like more like 8 yr old brats... scary situation!...May God take mercy and control of our country. When the adults don't do their part in training up their children in Godly ways. this nation will fall. I look at my baby Great-grandson and wonder what kind of a life will he have as an adult ...my Grandparents lived through two terrible world wars.. so this Nation stayed free.. .oops.. getting way too serious for this hour of the morning ..

hi to all ..may you have a great day...
      haven't decided what to do with mine.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye, I want to stay well also. My back is very sore, but I'm giving it a rest so hopefully I can last until Dec. before I have to have another injection.

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jostoy..i know you feel..We both are in the same boat..But mine do too..all this moving..Not fun..

• Nalani
        Nalani commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't watch either, Maye and I am ashamed of them the way they are presenting themselves to the world

Good SUNNY Morning! Probably the last for the week.

Yesterday was good. Thought yesterday was going to be my last pie day at the stand, but when I arrived, I was told that they were staying open until Wednesday now and would left me know in the afternoon if they needed any pies for today. I told him I'd just want to know by 3pm. Well at 1pm he called & said they'd sold all 4 pies I had taken down and he wanted 6 for today. Before I started any baking, I worked on getting all the laundry washed & put away. Also found out that there is a floor in the pantry. LOL! I organized and cleaned in there. I've been stocking up on sugar & flour for the cookie baking season and got those all put away and I wouldn't be embarrassed to have someone walk in there now. Cooked a nice dinner...roasted a whole chicken.

This morning I had to get an apple pie in the oven first thing and now will get the banana cream pie made up. A customer ordered them for noon and will pick them up at the stand. I have to get the apple pie cool enough to take down there. Have a hair cut appt this morning. My gal is moving to SC next week. I'll miss her. I've been going to her for about 30 years and have known her since HS. I'm sad. She says she'll call me & do my hair when she's back up visiting. We've bartered hair for goodies close to 15 years now, maybe more. Not sure what project I'll get into today. I'm completely out of pie dough & pre-made crusts, so I may do that. Think I'm going to pull out furniture and sweep behind all of it. Leftovers for dinner I think.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...
        Yesterday's rain forecast was as good as nil. It was a light sprinkle all morning, everywhere we went. Didn't even need to open our umbrellas.
        Today scattered showers, 40% chance? I wonder. We are back to temps in the 80's. E just took the trash out, it's trash day. He said it's starting to rain....okay, I hear thunder now. Good! We can always use whatever Mother Nature providess us.
        A good morning for donuts, huh? 🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩🍩
        E is brewing his coffee and making my mocha right now. ☕️ He's sure up early today. But he's so thoughtful of me. Nice!

No plans today. If he's going out at all, I want to go to the pharmacy for foot care stuff.

I did get a call from my cancer doctor's nurse. She's got me down for tests and a follow-up. He's not waiting til the head doctor is done "observing". So I feel pretty good that everyone isn't forgetting about making sure my condition is okay. The nurse was accommodating to schedule me AFTER our trip.

Good way to deal with Cori, Beth. She has to learn who's the boss there.
        Jostoy, rediscover relaxing! It'll rejuvenate you for the next work session. 🤗
        Hi Maye! We did watch the debate.....two more will follow in October. Nobody is perfect, but.... The one candidate scares the heck out of me. The other has proved to be more levelheaded and knowledgeable for what lies ahead, I think.

Greetings to everyone today. Hope your day is a good one. 😄
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, not much to report, got my shopping done yesterday, still cleaning and cooking 'stuff' out of the freezer, each day, stand there, look and see what is available then decide how to prepare it, or in some cases just heat and eat.

Did spend a good portion of time on the computer searching out campgrounds on the trip to FL don't want to drive totally through in one day so will be camping on the way there, better for me, better for the grandkids...couldn't believe the one closest to our daughter was booked up...so hopefully we can park the motorhome in front of their house overnight. Have a bit more searching to do today, so time consuming plus then finding out if space is available...

Hope everyone is as fit as a fiddle...smile and hopefully someone smiles back.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• bethina
            bethina commented
            Editing a comment
            Boffler some of my favorite memories of mycgrandpa..moms dad were of,the times visi5ed and parked the motor,home at the,house..my sister and i,had,sleep overs with grandpa

good morning! I watched and listened to the debates, too. On PBS so the after discussion wasn't news people I already know how they will talk...not sure it was unbiased, but I thought they made good points and were upset at the same things I had been upset over (who's biased now, Paula?) UGH! Like Maye said....I am going to watch the next ones, too...
          And really looking at the state and congressional candidates.
          Ok, too serious, I agree.
          Jostoy, I love the picture I get in my mind of your life, the lake and the cabin and the visits to help others.
          Not much going on here. I want to clear out the refrigerators for tomorrow's garbage pick up. Even a shelf or two would help.
          Stay happy and healthy and helpful to others. Makes for a good day all around!

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Paula, I get great joy in going to the Lake. When my cousin comes down, we'll put the blocks under the camper axels so that it will be steady and I won't have to re-level it with the jacks. Will also put the cable lines on it for high winds.

As to my going up to help my sister-in-law, she nor my nieces or nephew ever had to learn anything about tools as my brother always did everything that needed done. AND she no longer has any squeaking doors in her house. I can't stand a screeching door. My brother wasn't able to do anything for about a year before he passed.

Good Morning.

Off to cancer center for shot for John.

Watched the debates. I'm one who made up her mind long ago, so nothing moves my needle at this point.

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

Sunny but cold morning. First morning I wanted to snuggle back in under the blanket and stay put. Sierra's car goes in for repair tomorrow and she is afraid of the loaner car she will get. Her insurance did not cover a rental but repair shop offered a loaner which means if it does not suit her standards i will be driving the loaner and she will drive merrily off in my car that has a full tank of gas. Andrew coming tonight so need to find something to cook. Meatloaf was wonderful but took the baked potatoes forever to cook. Made eating later than I like but the leftovers must have been good because I have to clean that up out of the sink this morning. No plans for the day...motivation is not my strong suit. I also watched the debate...and I also fear for my grandchildren's future. What the world must think of us...it should be afraid, very afraid, of what damage a unprepared undisciplined man can do as president. I know I am!

Comment

Hello everyone..It is "Sassygirl"

I am back in the saddle a again..I miss you all..Let's have group hug..OXOX...
              and here is cute pic.And this is so true...lol..

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I made sure I had good treats last night to get me through the debate!

Well it is still morning. Things move at a faster more hetic pace around here. My computer isn't set up yet so have to share with everyone else. Told Charlotte last night that if the temp dropped like they were calling for I needed a blanket, did get a bit chilly at one point but just snuggled down. Growing up in the little brown house, sleeping in the cool/cold doesn't bother me so long as I can wrap up in a blanket. The Ebil one still isn't sure what to think of the new place and all the people who pass through, she waits until I go to bed and then is right on top of me. , the other night she was sitting in the window and one of the resident kittens was on the other side looking back at her

Comment

Working...
              X