Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ 9/25 ~ Beautiful Day!

Good Morning!

Not really beautiful yet - still too dark to know - but HOT already.

Amused at your conversations about deer hunters. Nobody in John's family drinks, so that works for me, since I grew up in Mormon country and detest anything to do with alcohol.

Nalani, I feel the same way about smoking and was very alarmed to read about smokers whose habits are infiltrating your living space. I wouldn't take the time to complain, I would move. Or did you buy your apartment? I hope not.

About the wedding. You have to realize that we live in tiny Texas towns and aren't too concerned with fashion. I wore a see-through sort of blouse (with a Tee, of course) with slacks, and all of the women there were dressed about the same. I think I saw one dress. The bride (64 and second marriage) wore a knee-length lace dress in her favorite color, deep salmon. Just perfect for her and gorgeous! Then we went to their home for Texas BBQ.

Donna, I am making your Snicker Apple salad for church. Only because I have both ingredients. I find this salad too rich, but I know the folks at church will enjoy it.

Better get to hopping. Have a lovely day!

maxie, I have always been motivated by food - my big problem!

I miss Darla (and everyone else, of course) and hope she is doing well.

Good Morning.

hey,, it slept in!!!!!! until 7am... when David gets up at 4 or 4:30.. he makes sure to talk Loudly to the Kat ,,,guess he thinks if he's done sleeping I should be also.. but somehow I did not hear him until 7... Mark was already here. ... I will feel better all day because of the extra sleep I'm sure.. (wellllll,,, I did read until midnight and needed the extra hours..)...

sounds like a great wedding Elaine,... , like you I prefer to wear slacks now.. since wearing stockings has went out of style. at least around here.. I like my old lady legs covered up.....

today has a question mark about what to do? do need to talk to daughter. and get her help on a computer problem. a form to fill out that I can't make sense of....maybe she can... hopefully she will be home.. have phone calls to make.. going to get piano kids scheduled..and hope I feel good .. they have not had any lessons for over 2 months. the senior girls were busy getting started and my 13yr old boy had broken his arm in mid-august. . is better now. I have missed them.. love teaching .. but it is winding down. my senior girls will only have about 8 months. and Boys leave early , sport coaches get them away from piano.. sigh.

hi to you all.. will be back to read and comment this evening
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It was down right cold out there this morning & it cooled this hot house (due to oven going) down nicely. This lack of a/c has been a bummer.

Yesterday was good. Spent the morning in the kitchen making 2 different kinds of breads (yam & cottage cheese) and then pies. Once I got that all done & cleaned up...sort of...I headed out the door to deliver the bread & a couple pies to a disabled customer a couple miles past the Aldi's I shop at. I sat for a good hour and just chatted with her & her daughter (both disabled). We talked baking & family. Then onto Aldi's to stock up. They have their sugar for $1.59 and flour $1.29, so I bought over 20 of each. Had a nice chat with a couple of the customers there. Corky laughs at me. Came home and found out the restaurant called & needed a carrot cake, so after dinner I got the naked cake that was in my freezer iced & delivered. Another customer stopped to drop off the pie pan she wanted me to use for her apple pie she ordered for today. She says I am now her to go person for goodies. The customer I chatted with at length yesterday, she says she's going to work her way thru my entire list of pies. God is blessing me!

This morning I got up early to get that pie in the oven before we went to church. Tried two features on my oven. I set it to start warming up before I got up since I wanted it at 400 degrees. Then when we were getting ready to go, the apples still weren't soft enough, so I set Time Bake for an add'l 20 minutes at a lower temp than what I was running it at (375) and figured it would be done btw that amt of time & the cooling off time of the oven. It was perfect when I got home! Delivered the pies to the stand. I think I only have 2 more days to bake for them. YEA! I've been blessed with that work, but I need a physical break. At least for a day or two. LOL! I'll be leaving in a bit to go help serve at the Meat & Greet lunch at church. I had a couple extra loaves of bread yesterday, so I think I'll slice them up & take some apple butter to put on it if they so desire. Come home, bake for tomorrow's stand order and then go play cards at my SIL house for the evening. This I'll bake an extra apple pie to take there.

I am a slack person anymore. I don't remember the last time I wore a dress. My MIL died in the winter, and I know I wore slacks to her funeral, so it's been well over 10 years since I've worn a dress.
      Aunt J's daughter is coming to play cards with us this evening, so I know she won't be helping her then.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning to all, definitely a fall morning...except everything is still green.

Elaine glad you enjoyed the wedding, sounded perfect, love the Texas BBQ afterwards.

Will have to go read what is going on with Nalani's place of living...Know it has to do with smoking, I am an ex smoker and now know how badly me and my house must have smelled, I use to be insulted when anyone wanted to sell something or buy something they would put or ask about smoking...I now know why. It lingers....had a container with material I got rid of because of it, it was my own..

Yesterday hubby said lets go to the lake, so go to the lake we did, same place we took jostoy last year, wish we had taken her to the winery caves instead of the one we went to, yesterday hubby and I went to it and was amazed at the crystal formations that were there...in the cave that is all there was...they said my selling them that is how they kept the wine business supplemented...we did stay for the wine tasting, can honestly say I am not a wine drinker at all, let the hubby have mine after a few sips and went for the grape juice...riding around the island on the golf cart is always so much fun...but this morning I have a sore throat and chest congestion from all the cold air I breathing in...

Today will have to make a trip to grocery store to get 'stuff' for hubby's lunch and a few things we need here...bought a few articles of clothing at the stores so will get those washed, end of season always bring better bargains...

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. It's 6:15a, but it "feels" too early to be up. Today is supposed to hit 90° --- get this ---- tomorrow only 77°.

I got a new Drapers & Damon catalog, which I was about to throw out. Glad I didn't. I was thinking about the stupid A-line dress I'm wearing to the wedding. Well, maybe it's more a shift than A-line. The problem is still disguising where my colostomy bag is. Well, the catalog has a "Chinese duster" , the length of a tunic, like an open overblouse. Floral print. Perfect to wear over my dress. And it comes with a $25 coupon. A bit pricy, but perfect to complete my outfit. So today we are going to D&D store to try it on, probably get it. I'll probably need the layered outfit on the coast anyway. My memories of the ocean are of colder air anyway. Oh, and I do have a sweater clip that I can use to keep the duster closed up.
          Another catalog has a number of tunics in the style I like, and I think I'm liking tunics better than regular shirts at this point.
          I saw 3 I want, E says okay, so I'll be set for holidays. I have no idea just when these doctors will be able to finish with me, and I doubt they'll be doing much over the holidays. I wonder if they'll finish with me by my birthday (come mid-year 2017).
          So...while I'm mostly wearing muumuus for their comfort, I did find low-riding waistlines on some exercise pants to accommodate the colostomy pouch. They had only 2 pair, but they'll restock. They can pass easily enough as leggings, which are popular here, til I get past my health business and wear regular clothes again.

Oh, my feet are less swollen these mornings. There is stil a semi-numbness around my toes, but they look less like little sausages now. Finally. It's been nearly 6 months of swollen feet. I've given Goodwill 10 pair of great shoes, kept back 3 that I've never worn, in case the swelling is going to reduce my shoe size. I just got 3 pair of new shoes I can wear, a wide width. 'Nuff about clothes.

Found shrimp and chopped spinach in the freezer yesterday. I heated that with Catalina dressing (makes a good sweet-sour sauce). Use the spinach sparingly, as its taste can overwhelm the dish. Ladled this over bow-tie pasta. It was good. E said I'd gotten "fancy". It was my Dad who taught me how to mix new stuff into a new dish....he got so tired of the same thing every day, so inspired himself to cook. (Mom never seemed to use leftovers, but Dad made a soup out of stuff so it wouldn't go to waste.) The very first thing he showed me was mixing mac & cheese with corn (leftovers), and scrambling it with a couple of eggs. We shared that and to me it was heaven!

Well, nothing much of note happening here. Guess I'll scrounge something for breakfast. E will have his cereal when he decides to wake up.

Have a great day. Keep on smiling. 😄
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Probably our last beautiful morning for a while...October is flying in. I haven't worn a dress for a long time. I remember the mini skirts and hot pants of my era and those skinny legs I had and now I look and see my mother's knees. Thank goodness I had no daughters to pass those beauties on to! I did absolutely nothing yesterday but eat my way through the fridge. Allergies are already bad and I am not spending much time outside. I need a huge grocery trip so guess I will put it on my agenda for tomorrow. Did I tell you about the day I went out this summer and my family was snorkeling in the pool with straws? Yes, their father too! So I ordered snorkels with face masks for their Christmas stockings. They came in yesterday in a nice big box so I have officially started shopping. All these pumpkins has put me in the mood for Christmas shopping and do not ask where that correlation came from. If the seasons have to change lets just move them along so spring and summer can come back. Thinking I will rest up from all the non activity I had yesterday and be well rested for the big grocery trip tomorrow. Watched the Cards beat the Cubs yesterday afternoon but tonight is an evening game. We are still fighting for a wild card position which is nice but hockey starts in 2 weeks and that will be GREAT! We have baseball tickets for Wednesday so should be an exciting atmosphere...

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought of you while watching this game yesterday! one of my boys team during Majors in Little League was the (forgive me) Cubs so when they play I kind of cheer them on, but Cards are high on my list because I know you are there in the cheering section!)

• bethina
              bethina commented
              Editing a comment
              Paula I love the Cubs and was sad to see them lose yesterday....but we will for sure be playing October!

good warm (70* at 7:00am) Sunday morning! I slept in, too, but it was because I got awakened by trucks and such coming home late and making a lot of noise! About the time the fair was shutting down for the night..
            Because it is a lot warmer this morning I had to rethink what I am wearing to church, although, the air is usually on pretty well, but not all parts of the church are cool enough...
            But no nylons! I may have a pair for an emergency (what that might look like I have no idea), but even when one older lady a few years back (probably the same age I am now) tried to suggest we should all wear nylons to church, None of us could be convinced to add nylons to our attire when it is so warm out. My motto is be comfortable and be happy. Whatever makes those criteria for me works!
            JoG, the great travel outfit I got for my mom for her birthday was on the cover of D&D a few months ago. And since ordering it, of course, now I am on their mailing list as well. It will be easier to find gifts for her, or should be.
            After church Becky and I are driving to Chico State so she can have a picture out front with her acceptance envelope.
            Yesterday was a nice, slow moving day. I did the grocery shopping in the morning and then later in the afternoon took the lemon sugar cookie truffles (like cake balls) to a friend for her birthday treat. Fixed a taco salad for dinner using leftover roast. Totally relaxing day and now ready to start another week.
            Off to finish getting ready for today (still now sure what to wear) but hoping you all are up and dressed with a great day ahead of you...Nalani, you better be in bed, still sleeping at this hour! I really hop[e the smokers are made to move! And why fire people dwho the residents like?! I always say Vote with your Dollars, if possible! The only message some people will get.
            Darla is selling some of her antiques on ebay and posted them on Facebook, as well. She sounds like she is adjusting. Hope so.
            Have a good day!

Comment

I didn't make it here this morning...cori let me sleep late today until almost 830!! She had me up at 530 the first time..which is also late for her...I am home from Bible Study going to relax until my sister calls...I have stuff to take them unless they stop to get it.

Comment

Working...
              X