Morning TGIF 9/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning TGIF 9/23

I am up before I have to be because Cori is being bad!! I got up at 5 and gave her breakfast...grabbed my breakfast pop-tarts and headed back to the bed for a bit...well Cori quickly ate her food and then jumped in the bed with me and ate part of my breakfast! I tried to snuggle back down under the covers and she jumped on the dresser tipped my Tervis of water over...I had to jump up and take care of that because the water landed on the same surface as my satellite receiver...didn't get the receiver.

I gave let her play in the sink and put some water in it for her...and she has new water in bowl...hoping she will be happy now..

Work yesterday wasn't good but it still wasn't horrible...now I know I can handle a bad day at the store...everyone was tired..a few attitudes...and I ran into with a huge cart of donations....I did end up getting off early because there wasn't much for me to do once I got my men's department stuff done.

Today working and volunteering...not sure what after work..probably home to relax and get some groceries.

Good morning

up early.. moving right along ...had a load of dark clothes for the washer... and some bills to make out to mail today... Sept has been a very expensive month around here.... the yearly property taxes and regular bills and then the car needed $200 repairs.. our two cars are paid for and have low milage.good condition so worth keeping up repairs., insurance is low on older cars too.. now will tidy up the kitchen.. hoping to get to Donna's this morning .. will make her grease balls while we visit..

Bethina that kitty has your number!!!! Suggestions ....can you keep her up later , and play her hard. with something where she is jumping and running .if you have a piece of rope or old belt and just drag it , she will chase it..make her really tired.. have had many cats . and lots of experience.. when KD Kat was new here , she wanted to be up at 4 am... I would get up and put her down the basement steps,shut the door .there is where her litter box, and another dish of water/food were too.. she gradually got to know that if she woke me at 4am she was going to do downstairs

HI to you all.. be back to read.. have a great day.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Alot of times she waits on my alarm to go off. she is up later if I am up later....Being up at 5 during the week is a great thing I need to leave no later than 720 for work..and I need to awake enough to think about work once I get there...and alot of times on the week she lets me sleep later...This morning she was just completely full of it...I told her I was going to send her to live with my sister if she didn't lose the aditude

Good Morning...a very busy morning already, always is on trash day...I awoke and came out into the kitchen this morning to find the livingroom light on and the barn garage door open...sometimes hubby just doesn't 'think', I am always asking did you close the garage door, did you close the barn door, did you lock the doors..etc., etc. walks into a room, turns on a light and walks right out without turning it off...geeeesh have a hard enough time remembering my own 'stuff' let alone his also...but did I ask last night all those questions, NO and look what I found...

I want to get out of the house today, just feel the need to be out and about so I am going to hit the shower and do just that.

Maye, loved your post from last evening of the good morning post, it is true, just like our own little neighborhood, sitting on the porch chatting, and seeing each face in our minds eye...I also miss the ones that do not visit anymore and those that have passed...sure wish we could get some of those that no longer post to come back....wonder if they just had troubles like a few of us did and can not get back here..

JoG, got a good laugh about 'your medical advice' from your son and dil...

This fall weather is making me think of soups also...and what to fix with them..

Have a great day one and all, enjoy this wonderful weather..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning!

Speaking of cats, already have a throw rug in the washer thanks to the cat, but grateful his hairball was there and not on a carpet someplace.

Must make a trip to the market today. Other than that, no plans.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Started to get out the fall hangings etc yesterday and Jon brought up the Halloween tote so I have the Halloween decorations up. They may be early but they are only out for such a short time normally and it is a nice change. I put out some clay pumpkins of the porch and Drew tells me, Ralphie, the neighborhood old dog will just knock them down. I said he never comes here and he says yes he does cuz he loves the new porch to sleep on. How did I miss a 2 ton hairy monster sleeping on my porch? Hope he doesn't spend his last hours up there and we have to remove him. He is so old! Yesterday I was not in a cooking mood and just made BBQ from the left over chicken breast and tater tots. I have never eaten a tater tot let alone cooked one before but the package said in the oven and I love anything that cooks in the oven! I learned one thing about a tater tot..it needs a lot of ketchup! Sierra will be by after class this morning and stay until time for work. Kate texted Jon and will be here this evening so we will eat later but it will just be taco salad. Andrew requested it and it is something with little clean up, plus Andrew will wait to eat later if it is taco salad. Another beautiful morning but the days are really getting shorter. Need to mop the kitchen floor...big surprise of the day will be if I actually do it!

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I love, love, LOVE tater tots, and even more now that I've learned to use the convection mode when baking them. It makes them so nice & crisp. No ketchup here....just salt. YUM!!!!! Believe it or not, I like them more than Blaise.

Good morning, friends.
        The sun is peeking over the mountain top now. I love the half minute of seeing it in golden rays!
        We will have weather I. The 80's for 5 days.....today 80° is as high as it's supposed to go. Delicious! Coolness has come with Autumn. 🍁. Love it! Yay!

No plans for today. Just do what I'm able to, and what needs to be done.

Cats - after 15 years, I still miss mine. 🐱 But I know my limitations. Besides, I want another Maine Coon, if I have any cat at all. Not as expensive as my brother's SO's cat specially bred to look like a tiger. But costly. But til I get past my current state of health, no pets for me. I couldn't properly care for any. E never had pets growing up, so it doesn't matter to him.
        They are beautiful creatures. But they never intruded on schedules or did anything destructive. They learned the "house rules" and abided by them nicely. Like my kids. My kids were not allowed to play fiercely with them, which teaches attacking, biting, etc. No rough play. Maye makes a good point on the "night visits" and breaking that habit.

DS & his wife did not let up on the subject of cannabis yesterday. I lay down some serious facts to them, especially concerning me, and how none of it covers my needs or treatments. I want my actual problems treated, not the symptoms or side effects. She says "I believe in preventive medication, too." (That is in no way what I was saying!!!) So they must be using cannabis, and it's not helping their brain cells. So I just thanked them for trying to help and for their concern. That ended the lengthy, useless texts, anyway. Idiots! (Pardon my frustration.)

I think I'll pull the leftovers out of the fridge, and turn it into chili today. Cornbread sounds good, too.

Have a great day! 🍦
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula couldn't get in here at the RT this morning.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            So, same issue. This time I saw a banner at the top briefly that says
            AT&T GUI
            Looked it up and it seems like it is an AT&T U-verse tech ( ha h?) issue...
            I am not sure how to clear my browser...
            I may not be able to get on until I get some real help.
            I am commenting here because I see you checking your RT often.
            Hoping to get this fixed,
            Paula

Cornbread sounds great!
          I am on my phone. For some reason my iPad keeps getting in ale server.
          Big news: daughter Becky got her acceptance to Chico State, our closest State University.
          u.t
          Tiny Tupi g

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe the " ale server" was my problem...

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Well good for her!!!!! Congrats!

Paula! Congratulations to Becky on the college acceptance!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            She cried! Even with her good grades she was stressing.
            Thank you!

Hallelujah! Just got in!

Comment

Maxie, cookie....does anyone NOT like those? Good with catsup. Good with melted cheese. Good plain.
            How about melted chees mixed with salsa.....I'm sure going to try that, next chance!

Paula, what's your little singer singing today??? 😄
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              She and the doll she brought are singing
              "Let it Go, let it go"...,
              Way better than the doll that cries for its bottle.
              ( that she forgot at home..)

Today started out bumpy with not getting right into the RT.
            but it is looking good again!
            Hope you all have a great day and hope to be back soon to make sure my connection is still working!

Comment

Good Afternoon all!!!!! The morning just flew by.

Yesterday was good in a way. Went to Bible study after delivering the pies. I had an order for 3 large pies for 4pm pick up and I got up extra early and got them done before leaving, so I was able to go to BS. Didn't think I could, but where there is a will, there is a way. Went to the bank & Arby's before my doctor's appt. Had a nice visit with my Endo. doctor. I lost 6 lbs which isn't good, because I lost them due to blood sugar levels being too high. My A1C is 9.3...NOT GOOD. She's tweaking my insulin dosages again & we'll see how that goes. I have to go back in 3 months, but in the meantime, I have to have surgery on my thyroid. She said sooner rather than later. The huge goiter is just big...0% chance that it's cancerous, now the little one came back inconclusive and has a 20-30% chance cancerous, so I called the surgeon and have an appt in 3 weeks to see her and then schedule the surgery. I'm not worried. I just hope they take them all out. I know I have 6-8 nodules/goiters/whatever they call them and she agreed with me they all just need to go rather than have this surgery later on to remove them. Now if they find cancer, they'll remove the entire thyroid. They'll test it right there in the operating room and make that decision immediately. Works for me. On the way home, I stopped and picked up a few items that were on a buy 10 get 1 free sale. I had 2 $1 off coupons on the toothpaste, so I got all 11 items for $8. What a deal! Chatted with Kathy for a few minutes. Came home and started right in on baking the pies for the stand's order for today.

This morning was a bit crazy as far as I'm concerned. Before delivering the pies, my friend Sue who helped me for a few weeks, stopped to pick up her cookie order. He son & his friend made me a sign for the business. It's only one sided, but that's more than I had yesterday! She understands if she gets me business, she gets to work too. We work very well together & enjoy each others company. She's having lunch at a local family owned restaurant down her way, and she's going to talk to them about buying from me/us. They use frozen desserts now.

Aunt J came and scooped grease balls for a couple hours this morning & we had a nice chat. Right after she left, two customers called and ordered pies for this afternoon. The coconut cream pie looks gorgeous. I use 5 egg whites for the meringue and toasted the coconut, and it turned out so beautiful. She's serving that pie after she goes out to dinner with her friends & then giving her son & DIL the apple pie for their anniversary. The other two pies are for the restaurant. Another PB pie. They are going thru 2 of them a week. Good seller! I had hoped to get down and pick up the 6 bushels of apples I ask the orchard guy to hold for me. They are only $5/bushel. But now I have to wait for customers to arrive. I might wait until Blaise gets home & we'll go down then. Somewhere along the line I also have to bake 8 pies for the stand. This morning I made up 3 kinds of fillings and mixed up some pie dough since I'm running out of shells. A good problem.

I've presented God with our issues and prayed for help and these phone calls are definitely answer to prayers. God is good!!!!

Comment

Aloha all!

Paula, congratulations to Becky!

I love cornbread and tater tots with ketchup.

Comment

Paula, can you contact Nightstorm or Kim about this problem?
                  I haven't got a clue how to clear that up.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I sent one message to Nightstirm and will try again.
                    I am in my phone now.
                Working...
                X