It's Monday Morning coming down! 9-19-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Monday Morning coming down! 9-19-2016

Good Morning all you sweet loveable people, a bit of low lying fog out there this morning.. I started my morning by opening a can of cat food and liquid splashed up on my face, yuck, stinky poo...wake up call it was.

Today is our 34th wedding anniversary, we went out to dinner Sat. so no biggie today, hubby has never been one on the mushy stuff like flowers or gifts, so today will be just another day.

My cousin is stopping over at lunch time, I put vertical blinds up for sale and she is interested in 3 sets, I have 14...they were special order when I bought them, selling them for $12 a set, real bargain, they are not cloth, but vinyl with a pattern..

Not much else planned, do a little laundry and continue to read my book...trying to get back into doing things I enjoy instead of staying on Facebook...

Have a great day one and all,....hope everyone is on the mend...doing things you love to do, if not, get back into them, slow and steady...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning...work today...errands this afternoon I think...I will talk to my sister when she picks me up..mom said my sister and I may be going to see my granny while she is still in the area before my sis leaves to join my parents in branson on Wednesday.

Cori was pretty much full of it yesterday...knocked two full glasses of water off my computer desk...one being in the middle of the night while I was sitting here and holding her...nothing like cleaning that up in the middle of the night and starting a load of wash so that I didn't leave wet towles.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

The Festival was a very enjoyable day. It was much bigger than what I had expected. Even though everyone drove separate cars, the plan was to meet at the vegetable soup tent at 11:30. We all made it and that soup was like a chowder that dad and I use to get in Illinois. Very tasty .

The ski lift at the zoo, as I understand it, stops and lets everyone on, then starts moving through the "African area" of the zoo. At this time, don't know if we will be going tomorrow or Friday. Depends on if my great-niece and her baby, 21 month old, can go Friday.

The whole family went to Bob Evans for supper last night. Several of us got the breakfast meals. I got one that will now feed me for the next 3 days.

With the schedule that was made at supper, I guess they don't intend for me to work too hard in the garage. Seems like they have something scheduled for every evening or day. I know my sister-in-law wants to visit some grave sites to get an idea of what kind of stone to buy, and there was something else she had told me on the phone about 2 months ago, which has slipped my mind.

Better get my breakfast, and then go into the garage to see where to start. Everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! I need some SUNSHINE! Yesterday was muggy & wet.

Yesterday I lounged almost all day. Took a long nap. I didn't have to make any pies for the stand, so I felt no pressure. Took Blaise to Kidz Club at the church and then went to Giant Eagle to coupon shop. Got some good deals that way. Jars of Skippy PB for $1! I use LOTS of PB. I'm not one of those extreme couponers, but I almost got my bill down by 50%. If I hadn't bought that big bottle of Era for $10, I would have saved more than 50%. Takes so little to make me happy. Got home, everything put away, Corky's salads made for lunch, and then off to get Blaise.

Not sure what today will bring. Need to make 4 pies for the stand and 1 cherry pie for a customer. Haven't decided if I'm going in town or not to go to the bank & Aldi's. Probably wait until tomorrow when I have appointments there. Need to call the repairman for our a/c. Cork's done as much as he could, now it needs Freon. There is always laundry. Maybe will read a bit.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am up early because I got a call at dawn to go out and dumpster dive for my son. I gave one of the neighbors a real thrill when I strolled out in my nightie and bed head. I kept my head high and tried not to stagger to much going down the steps...takes my legs a minute to work and the trash man was coming! You know when I lived alone no one ask me to dig around in a trash can at dawn. I fell asleep last night watching the JonBenet Ramsey special and never saw the end of that. I am guessing they are blaming the little brother but who knows. Another mystery I will never learn the end of. I didn't even know it was on until I stumbled upon it channel surfing so I am not missing anything I was looking for. We took the pool down yesterday and I am sore. Jon says watch this video and we can fold the liner just like this. Well the guy who did the video was a fraud. It is very easy to set up a new pool and then take it right down with the factory folds sharp and the liner not sun stuck to the side plus he has some accent that was hard to listen to. I understood the guy but it grated on my nerves listening. All because he did not level it during assembly earlier...my son and his son are the adventure that keeps on making life interesting. Same son that had me dumpster diving this morning! Think I will pour another cup of coffee and go watch the news about more bombings. I don't want to hear it but must keep informed...more than I can say for some around here. My politics are so different from the people around here...they get bored and go shoot their guns and drive their atvs, day or night, weekday or weekend, holidays are biggies. Bonfires every weekend...ok we have them too but we are roasting marshmellows in a firepit. I will have to ask Andrew what they are roasting because he much prefers theirs to ours. How long can a dog bark without breathing? i will let you know later cuz this one is still going for the record. Gripes!

Comment

Good Morning, not much different going on here. Kids that are in school are 2 little ones are here, 2 year old being herself and the baby fighting sleep.

Maxie, not sure about the whole JonBenet case, The show last night they were saying the oppisite of what they were saying on Dr Phil. I don't think that whoever did it will ever pay

Comment

Well, had a bit of trouble posting. I hit "Post Reply" and it's insisting on a photo! Geez.

Good morning!
              The sun has reached the top of the mountain, so dawn's rays are belatedly reaching across the yard. Beautiful. That'll last half a minute. Today we'll have mid-90's, and going down this week.
              So not much on my schedule today. E put off shopping for another day, so maybe today. We really don't "need" much more than staples. We found that "steamers" frozen dinners are quite likeable when I don't cook. He likes to keep them on hand, and that's how he cooks.
              Boff, you mentioned how you get engrossed in your book, and your hubby starts talking to you? Mine does the same thing......he's "got to" share the magazine or newspaper articles with me. Even the Sunday comics which I always read first. Then the puzzle he does. When I interrupt his reading (which I seldom ever do), he quietly makes a "thing" by silently putting down his iPad, closing his book, pausing the TV if it's on, and turning to face me to give me full attention face on. I'm done by then and tell him to go back to his reading. I think it's funny, really, but don't laugh.
              Oh, I need to be careful again. Had a couple dizzy spells yesterday......I just sat til they passed. Hope it doesn't return today.
              I've misplaced a gift package I bought earlier. Got to hunt it down.

Cookie, I can't imagine 50% off groceries. I'm lucky to get 20% off. Few coupons in general do not amount to much.
              The big coupons are usually for home medications anyway, which I don't need. Store sales don't discount much on name brands, but just keep their store brand marked lower. Gone are the days of double or triple coupons since stores have their customer cards. I don't get the super-duper visa store cards, because they don't need all the information they demand, and I don't need the extra junk mails or sales calls it generates. I do take advantage (when I shop) of meat specials, the 2-fers and buy 1 get 2's. I'm not sure if they list that in the savings.

Maxie, I'm so tired of the bombings, the fighting, the cruelty and unrest. I think it'll be getting worse as the world population climbs. Scientists are scrambling to create higher-yielding food plants. They've managed to get rice to grow in all sorts of conditions, any soil, any waters.....a start. They've created a fake meat that you can't tell from the real stuff, that unsuspecting testers really liked. People will balk at it when it's out for the masses, but it beats the alternative.
              Can't please everyone, but not everyone can accept others' differences in anything, it seems.

OK, time for me to start my day, like the rest of you. 😄

Have a great day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Monday morning.
                I already made a call to my pest control. Yuck. Cupboard had a mouse in it. Ugh. I hate that. How does one get in? My cat won't e en go near the cupboard, the chihuahua just looked at me like, Not me, either! My schnauzer we had years ago was the best mouse catcher ever. Only he would catch them in the field behind our house and bring them back to the garage. Anyway, I called, and wI'll wait for Rick to come set a trap. They also come by and check it or dispose of it if I call.
                Warm again. Then cool. Then hot...
                I didn't watch anything. My son called from WA. Then a friend called.
                I am seriously considering either getting new mattresses ( double) to be able to use the old antique iron bed with the footboard and rails, or figuring out Some way to keep the footboard up...
                My brownies from a mix were not wonderful even with a cup of chocolate chips in them. So I made some homemade ones. The Nestles recipe which turned out much better to take to a gathering.
                Well, Monday is in full swing here. Hope yours is full of good vibes and energy!

Comment

good evening

been dragging all day , again,,, the neuron ton has to be tapered off ..and the prescription is almost done.. so I stretched taking pills about 15 hr apart.. mistake.. I got up with pain again... and this evening it is still nagging away.. I will have to call Dr. office , report that and she will have to decide what I am to do... very very annoying and hard on the nerves..sorry, I am not a very good sick person.

Paula.. I too hate little mices... and this is the month they start sneaking in ..my kitty is great at watching and catching , shee does not eat.. just brought them to me to "see"... aggg... better dead that alive ..so far, haven't seen signs of any. and I sure wish I could collect on "full of vibe and energy" wishes.

donna and coupons, etc,,, I taught that girl everything she knows about bargining and saving...
                  her Mom is much too '"shy" to do this at stores, yardsales, etc.
                  ...... I just recently ask the my bank why they were going to start a $2 fee for sending me a bank statement each month... they wanted people to go to their online banking site and bring up your account and print it off ( but the charge would still be there..).. I ask , what if I didn't do computering and printing.. answer,,,, they will send a printed copy..however,,,,,, if you had another account with bank with a hefty balance. it would be canceled. Says I,,,Why should I split my checking account in two pieces when your interest rate on savings is $.005..?. my teller did not have an answer .. said she would call the home office and find out and let me know... later in the day.. I got a call.. "it's ok.. you will not get the charge , and don't have to change anything" .... now the $2 did not mean anything to me.. I spend that in tips to servers a month and then some.. but I could not see how sending that piece of paper meant that much extra expense.. they had to set up the same form. ( for me to copy). and a machine folds and stuff envelopes. etc etc..
                  BEsides, I just did not want my account to show up anywhere online.. I guess someone "higher up".. read between the lines.... " She might move it all out of our bank" ... and I could have. ......... felt great .. saved $24 a year.

DANCING WITH THE STARS IS ON TONIGHT..... Steelers ran then off last week .. grrrr...
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                  X