Good Morning 9/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning 9/14

Thought I'd pop in before the entire day starts around here. Big difference between going from being basically the only one around to being in a full house where people are getting up for work and school and the activity level keeps up all day. Sister babysits for the 2 year old great niece and she stays busy all the time. For the last couple of days the niece has been babysitting a 6 month old, this 'granny' may be a bit slower but can still change a diaper.

Good morning everyone.

Mowed my yard yesterday evening. The weather weenies say it is to rain this afternoon. So got mine done so if we need to mow in the country tomorrow, then mine is out of the way.

For those who know chickadee, she called last night to say she was anxious for Friday, that is when I'll be spending the night with her. She said she is very happy in her new place, which is called supportive care instead of assisted living. Of course I think Aunt M. would be happy anywhere she can have her sewing machine.

I think I'll do laundry this morning so that will be out of the way for tomorrow as well. Don't have a lot, but my "essentials" are needed for my time away from home.

Everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 09-14-2016, 06:42 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm very happy for Aunt Mary, she will get to meet people and have activities and such, and yes, her sewing machine....Be careful on your journey.

Good morning..I think that Cori must have scared herself good this morning she is actually quiet...I was in the tub and heard a horrid crash...went to investigate all I saw after hearing the initial noise was Cori bolting from the room...she knocked over a large ceramic vase in the bathroom upstairs...I wonder if she maybe hit herself with it? The vase is fine...Cori is shook up..

Then last night I gave her a new toy mouse up stairs and she chased it over the edge of the stairs floor onto the step and went sliding off and rolled down the steps...

Today is a busy day for me...working this morning...birthday lunch for my youngest niece who turned 12 today. We are meeting my parents at the Saint Louis bread company that is almost half way between here and mom and dad....I am having broccoli cheddar soup and an extra piece of crusty bread. Reagan will have mac and cheese...she and I talked about it last night..I am not sure what everyone else will eat I just know that we all will find something to eat there...and I don't know what else the day will hold other than church tonight..

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      HB Reagan!!!! Is she skipping school today to celebrate?

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      No Cookie my nieces are homeschooled and are pretty good about doing their school work in the car if it means getting to do something cool

Good Morning! The sun is shining, and it's very cool out there. Yesterday was a perfect day temp wise.

Yesterday wasn't as busy or productive as usual, but that's OK. I did get the 9 pies baked in the morning and the other ones delivered, but then I petered out. I delivered the one pie & Choc PB log to a customer before going for the biopsy. The team there was super nice and the doctor funny. It hurt a wee bit, but I'm tough and only winced a bit. LOL! We talked pies most of the time. Came home & laid down until it was time to go out & get Blaise off the bus. He had a rather rotten day behavior wise in school & the bus. No TV or computer. My brother stopped by for his 2 pies for Bible study. He called late in the evening and said they were a hit and they want to order more for the next study next month. Works for me!

This morning started off exiting...Blaise coming in our bed feeling sick. Went to get the water he requested only to have him throw up on my bed & the floor. Had to strip the bed and put new sheets on it. Obviously he's home from school today. Baking is on my agenda for the day. The biopsy area is a bit tender, but I'll live. I had planned to bake a couple extra pies & take it to the Radiology Dept today, but that'll have to wait for another day. Tonight is a parent/teacher meeting at the school. No kids are invited, so Cork will stay home with Blaise while I go. It's not a mandatory thing, but I'd like to meet his teacher.

Have a good one all!

Comment

14369917_10210102853065621_8280711279615198095_n.jpg
      Home Sweet Home

Good Morning, cloudy out this morning, but the temps are perfect for opening doors and windows...the kitties are loving it out in their kittywalk...

I have beef sliced and in a marinade will get it in the dehydrator today...want to go buy some tomatoes at the farm market, I still want some canned tomato juice and canned tomatoes, must get my canning stuff together before I do that..

Jostoy so nice of you to go stay with Aunt Mary, tell her I said hello and think of her often, I need to get her phone number and address...we are supposed to get rain today also so good day to be inside getting work done..

Donna was real glad when they didn't want to biopsy my spots around my thyroid, there is 5 of them but they said it looked like calcium deposits and would only be a fluid that looked like wine if they did...I'm okay with that, will do a retest next year. Can't wait to hear about Blaise and how he is doing.... little boy with lots of energy...just needs to be around other children..

Bethina your day sounds fun, being with family always is.

Time to get busy, read the news, drink my coffee, get a shower and get this day started....

To all needing gentle hugs I am giving you one right now ((((((((hug)))))))))))) hope each and every day you get better...

Have a great day one and all whatever your plans are, at least we all woke up, let's be thankful...
      Last edited by boffler; 09-14-2016, 07:10 AM.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        home sweet home..Home is where the "HEART" is..

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        And my heart has and will always be here in Ohio, was never happy anywhere else, I tried but hubby said he could always see a loneliness and sadness behind my smile.

So good to hear from you, I'm sure there are lots of changes for you, not having your own space is hard on anyone...I hope things come together for you soon...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning!

YES! I did it! I merged the posts. One person works fine, but two can mess it up big time.

So - I have stripped, washed and remade 2 beds, made waffles for breakfast, washed me and my hair and I'm out the door to the market.

Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning! Up but not at 'em yet. Both kids coming this afternoon so need to cook. Just not sure what else I will do today..I am having a hard time getting anything done around here. I need a pep pill or maybe some of that broccoli cheddar soup from the St. Louis Bread Company...they have the best! Sharon the picture of your house if beautiful. So neat and clean with nary a blade of grass out of place!

Comment

Good Wednesday morning (aka garbage day)!
            Cool again this morning. Yesterday the high was 78*! My house stayed nice at 75* and no air ever went on. Today it is going up a bit and tomorrow should be in the 90's again.
            Sharon, the house (Porch!) and lawn are beautiful!
            It is a quiet morning so far, with just the baby and he is on my lap sucking his thumb. So sweet!
            Darla, just like riding a bike, right! Diapering, rocking and soothing come right back to us. Those little hugs are healing to us all. Get as many as you can!
            I just feel like anything (good) is possible today! Grab your fair share of the Possibilities, friends!

Comment

Good morning.
              Yesterday's rain didn't happen, but it was very cloudy. We are back to sunshine and roughly 90° for a while.
              I've been dragging for 2 days, just very sleepy. Also feeling cold most of the time.

So, this morning E wants to go for coffee & donuts for breakfast. OK with me. Today I'll be switching email addresses with utilities, etc. We will be dropping our server after this month, due to their terrible service. We can get Netflex and such, but not our local stations. They think we are located in Metrocenter, which is Phoenix's big mall. We told the Phx & Tuc are not the same. They don't listen. I have changed most other addresses, just have the business' to go through now.

Boffler, your home is absolutely beautiful!
              Beth, Cori is funny.
              Cookie, I can sympathize with you.
              To everyone.......have a great day.

Not feeling too well this morning....very sleepy and feeling chilly again. I might go back and lay down.
              Last edited by JoGee; 09-14-2016, 03:05 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Like Paula mentioned, it has been much much cooler here. Only got to 70º here yesterday.

Went grocery and Walmart shopping with Sis yesterday. Needed some aquarium stuff from Walmart and a few more things from the grocery store.
                Our Walmart is in the midst of becoming a Super Walmart and everything is a total mess in the parking lot and inside too.

Tomorrow is our pot luck here and I have decided on Mac and cheese and a pan of Blondies. Will make the Blondies this afternoon so all I have to do is macaroni tomorrow. I have a 9:00 Dr. appointment so I have to make something that won't be time consuming.

Time to go down to the community room for coffee and donuts. Have a good one.

Comment

Good evening ...

well Mr david wanted to run again this morning ... and I like to drive him around so off we went.. home made lunch . then lady cousin who is into old family history ,had a box of pictures of our mutual cousins. when they were younger.. and could I help her maybe put names to some of the people... I did not know too many but I corrected some errors...they kept giving my Grand mother a different name. fixed all those... and we just had a great visit..
                  I missed my nap and am so sleepy .but hate to snooze this hour of the day.

Sharon I remember pictures of you dirt yard and barely started house.. and now it is just lovely!!!! how many acres are there and how much do you have to mow. nice and flat !.

slowly , oh so slowly the pain is lessening in my side... I make sure I take the neuronton every 12 hours on the nose.. 9am and 9pm.. and so far today the sharp pains have diminished to a "sore" spot..

hello to all you dear friends above.. you have help me wade through this painful mess.. just by being here and being You..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
                    boffler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maye that is why I out the picture up most of you have been with this from the beginning...it will be 3 yrs. this coming January that we moved in...hubby and I have worked very hard to get it to look like this....him mostly with his tractor and box grader, we did have lots of dirt hauled in and he did the planting and taking care of getting a yard planted, and together we have done landscaping...We own 4.4 acres and probably mow about 1 3/4 acres of yard...the part that isn't mowed is what is left of the tree farm...the man we bought it from planted acres and acres of trees for harvesting later in life for his children for money, well it was sold off in three sections...so now later in life our children will have to deal with it, LOL..

Wish I could do more than help you wade through...more like hurry it along!

Comment

Working...
                  X