Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday ~ Aug 31 ~ Farewell to August.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ Aug 31 ~ Farewell to August.

Good morning, everyone.

Couldn't sleep, so here I am. ☕️

It's the last day of August........is there cooler weather around the corner?

Yesterday I was lightheaded and dizzy all day. E reminds me how anemic I am right now. I had Insure with extra protein later in the day...that helped. Today I'll just have to be careful. Not to wish my life away, but 1-1/2 weeks til I see my oncologist and start getting fixed up again.

A few things I want to get done, but I'll have to be slower at it, I guess.
    Sunday our stepdaughter from NM will be visiting. We are excited.
    She is in town to deliver a Mermaid afghan to somebody out here. Great minds... I had ordered the kit to make one, just hadn't started it yet. She will be staying only the day, so we'll be going out to eat. I noticed a new restaurant when we were out a couple days ago.... a microbrewery (her husband has a thing about beers and collects "growler" sizes of them). Surprisingly we got their menu (not bad, reasonable prices) in yesterday's mail, so maybe it's the Fates urging us to try it. You don't *have* to drink beer, there are other beverages. I don't care for the stuff, myself.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Darla, good luck on the move!
    Last edited by JoGee; 08-31-2016, 06:38 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good morning..Here I am getting ready in reverse order...I usually eat breakfast last thing on my way out the door...This morning I had to get up extra early to finish my picking up that didn't happen last night..I came home from volunteering with a horrible head ache It stayed with me all evening....Not sure what time it was but I had just layed down when I got home and I heard a horrible Thunder sound scared me bad enough that I called my dad and told him I was sure that something got struck by lightening in the back yard..never did make it outside to investigate...feels like I am growing another head ache and I don't have time for it today...working this morning then running to the grocery store where my brother in law will pick me up...we are headed to my sisters house for a family lunch...my parents will be in town and bought pizza and cookies from a fundraiser my oldest niece was having for her volleyball team...Then after that I have a psych appointment and need to run to walmart to pick up a few things that I would rather not bring home on the bus...kitty litter and dry cat food being a couple of the items....flavored water being the other...

Then I am planning to go to church tonight....Really looking forward to it....small group on Sunday was really really good and our preacher is preaching a series of messages on the book of the Joshua which happens to be one of my favorite books in the Bible.

Have a great day everyone!

I almost forgot...my job coach told me yesterday there is big chance that I will be completely on my own by the end of this week I am pretty proud of myself and how I have done with my job.

Comment

Good Morning.

Jo, hoping this is a feel-better day for you.

beth, great news about your status! Excellent!

Cat taught me a big lesson last night. We are out in the "big" room watching ballgame and he starts to gag. Hairball coming. So because I didn't want to clean it up, I put him outside. He came back in 30 minutes later without the hairball but with a mouse that bled on the white rug. Give me a hairball to clean up any day over that!

Shot for John this morning and then we must use our gas points to save $1 on 30 gallons - filling up the truck and the gas cans for lawnmower.

Hope you all have a good day.

((((((Janet))))))

((((((((darla))))))

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was very good. Sue came and rolled out the rest of the pie dough while I made fillings and did other baking things. One was making coconut cream pies for an order in the late afternoon. Sue fell in love with in. I sent her home with a mini CC pie. She said I'm going to make her fat....LOL!! I had enough for an small pie that I took down to the stand for Jeff...one of the workers. He LOVES CC pie. While there, Lew...the stand owner...ask Blaise if he'd like to run errands with him for a few hours, so Blaise & the teen across the street went with Lew. It gave his something different to do and he had fun. Lew & Linda never could have kids, so they spoil everyone else's. He got home just in time for dinner...chicken, corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes, and new red potatoes that I did up with parsley....YUM!!! After dinner I went over to visit Aunt J and take over a cream that was recommended for Shingles that I picked up from the health food store. I told Cork I'd be right back....an hour later...LOL! We sat out on the back porch & visited.

Today is the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL....WHAAAAAHOOOOO!!!!! Of course I'm only wanting him to go to learn and be with other children. I'll be heading out shortly to go deliver the pies and then head into town to the bank, Aldi's, and the Thrift Store. Then it's home to bake pies & mix up some cookie dough. Want to try to be done before Blaise gets home at 4pm.

Oh funny thing....I called the Egg Lady because I had less than a dozen eggs. She came up to deliver them and we got chatting....surprise, surprise...and she ask about the pies I make. She ask if she could buy one and of course I would never say no. She wanted an apple pie. Well they had 10 more minutes in the oven, so she got one straight out of the oven to take home. Talk about getting one as fresh as you could get it. She'd like to try a butterscotch pie, which I've never made, but will give a try for her.

Good for you Bethina! Way to go!!!! ((((JoG))) Elaine...I've cleaned up my fair share of hairball AND "trophy" catches.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning to all..
          Bethina sounds like a busy day ahead for you, hope the headaches stays away and great news about your job.
          JoG, hope the dizzy's go away for you...I had to start taking iron pills this pass week, they said my iron level was at a low 20 and should be at 37, but to take it with VitC because VitC helps your body to absorb and keep it...and then there is the VitC issue, first it was D, which is till a factory, but I even take a multivitamin/mineral, what is it with this ole body of mine...LOL
          Elaine think of you and John often during the day, nasty thing to have happen with the cat, yes fur ball mess much easier to take care of than a bloody mouse...a white rug in this house would never work between cat hair and hubby...
          Hoping Maye is starting to get some relief from her pain.
          Darla getting ready for her big move,
          Jostoy helping Chickadee find a nursing home to move to since the loss of her son..
          Maxie always busy taking care of her family
          Paula taking care of the kiddies and herself, and always seems to be cooking up something
          Donna baking, baking, baking, taking care of Blaise, her hubby and sometimes forgetting to take care of herself. That woman has more energy than I could muster at my age..
          Well starting today will be busy getting prepared for the weekend, got my grocery shopping done yesterday, going to boil eggs and peel them today, also chop up onions and celery for the potato salad...have a haircut appt. and two pair of pants that need hemmed for the hubby so I can get the sewing machine off the diningroom table, also iron a shirt...so it is onward and upward for me.
          Nalani I have a friend that lives and owns a house here in town she also owns a home in Hawaii, not sure just where, but she is selling her home and making Hawaii her permanent residence...
          Have a great day one and all, looks like rain could be heading our way.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I decided to get here by here first...just need to start my day a little easier.
            Spencer txt do this morning he was teaching Boone and Hal the Pledge of Allegiance and that got me choked up. Such an ordinary thing, but touching to me.
            The boys loved their first day of school and kids talked to them. Hal's second grade teacher asked him to write some Japanese for the class and all the kids thought that was " cool!"
            Donna, Gary's favorite pie was homemade coconut cream. I always think of him when I see it.
            Beth, that is great about your job!
            I had to get two sets of booster shots last night. 107.50 which to me, means that Medicare doesn't think they are as necessary as the state of CA...
            Today is a normal, no extra cooking day. I am making Mickey Mouse waffles for daycare, just for something special.
            Fall is in the morning air, even if the afternoon still is summer.
            Please feel better; good thoughts and prayers coming to all. Elaine, ugh. That blood on the carpet! Hope you got it out of the fibers.
            Love you all!

Comment

Lost what I wrote...bummer! Yesterday mid morning a storm rolled through and it rained all afternoon. School called to say buses were running late with flooded roads. Amtrax is putting in fast rail and has cut every bit of foliage from the track beds. Jon says the flooding is the worst he has seen in the 10 years he has lived here and I doubt the town businesses are going to put up with it. Andrews mother called after work to make sure he made it here safe and said her entire lane is flooded and she cannot get home. Plus we have a new turn lane going in in front of our subdivision and they have torn down houses and Ameren is putting in a new substation around here so we are a mass of mud with the constant rain. A nice long hot dry summer would have been nice but we are so rain saturated that nothing soaks in. Fortunately we sit back and high with great natural drainage so our section is fine...someone must have put out a welcome sign for the mosquitoes because we can hardly go out in the evening. Cut out my tongue but I think I am ready for winter. Mosquitoes do not live in cold nad our neighbor just got on with the township so maybe we will get snowplowing. Talking snow plowing makes me happier than talking mosquito swatting. We are so sick of rain rain and more rain. Need to decide if I want spaghetti or sour cream and noodles for supper. Have both meatballs frozen and need to get them cooking. Both kids will be here and they will eat either item without fuss. Jon did homework last night and he said they had minimal problems. That is one stubborn little boy and if he decides he is not going to do something he won't do it and no amount of threats will coerce him. You cannot buy the kid either! Need to decide what to do today...stay home and run the vacuum or run out to get the additional blood work and ekg. Times a wasting so better decide soon. I'm leaning to the vacuum then I can dress comfy and wait for more rain to come and it will, it always does...but one the bright side the gutter no longer leaks!

Comment

Good mid morning .

getting my days and night mixed up... slept couple hours in the afternoon, so last night after about two hours woke up. read . finally heard David up.. at 4 am..I went out and took one of the neurontin pills.. but could not get back to sleep . so read. .got up finally laid back down and slept until 9l30.. no , not much improvement on my side.. still hurting .. the cream Donna brought makes the places where there are actual. blisters feel good. but the pain is deep inside. not a pimple to be seen where it hurts. ?. either neurontin is very slow acting or not going to work at all for me.
                .....so will ignore for now... but sure don't feel like shopping.

did you hear your prayer?... as I read the post above..
                you all got prayed for.. one at a time... and for all who come in later .. I will be back this evening and read some more..

need my coffee.~~~~~~
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                X