Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ August 30

Good Morning, Everyone.

5a here. Another long day ahead. Got plenty to do. Just hope I do it.

Hot here but lots of pop-up showers in the afternoon. Everything is green once again.

Was just thinking how much life has changed for most of us here over the years.

Thinking of each of you this morning and hoping your day goes well. Hugs ~ ~

Good morning I am up early this morning...got up to feed Cori and just stayed up. I have cleaned the kitchen up and fixed my new to me shoes for work today...and petted cori...

Yesterday at work was difficult because of another coworker making everything difficult for me...she came into my area and was trying to do my job for me and tell me how to do it and what she thought I was doing wrong...my job coach finally told her that I had not even gotten to the area she was in and that she needed to go back to a different department and let me do my job! I went and got the supervisor and asked him to come to my department and my job coach and I both talked to him..at the end of the day I was not happy with how my department looked but there was not really much I could do about it.

After work I did some shopping in the store I found 3 shirts...and two expensive brand of shoes for a total of 13 dollars...then managed to lose a shoe on the bus but when I realized it was gone the other bus driver had already found it. I will meet that bus outside the store and get my shoe back.

Today I work....This afternoon I voluteer for a couple hours...then tonight I clean my room.

Comment

I thought that cori was being a bit quiet..so I went looking for her...she had found a pile of screws and metal pieces her papa left out...I put them away..I don't want to step on anymore screws..

Comment

Good Morning!

Yes Elaine, a lot has changed and happened to all of us over the years since we all met...some good & some not so good.

Yesterday was good. Spent the morning finishing up the cookies for the order I have while Sue made pie dough & rolling out half of it. We work very well together. After she left, it seemed so did my energy. Took a power nap and then we headed to the bakery supply place. Got another big box of cherries and blackberries. Since there hasn't been as many peaches this year, I've had to make other kinds of pies and had to purchase more berries than last year. Came home, made fillings, and finally got the pies made for today's stand order. After dinner Blaise & I went down to the pool for a swim. Hadn't done that in days. The water was very nice.

Today is more of the same. It's Blaise's last day of summer vacation. Awwwww....YEAAAAAA!!!! Baking pies this morning. Lots of laundry that needs done. Probably will go swimming later.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, the sun is coming up so it will burn off the moisture that is all over, I love these kinds of mornings, will take my cup of coffee and go out on the deck, this kind of morning might not be around much...

Elaine smiled when I read about the changes we have seen, was on my mind yesterday also, was thinking of our get togethers and how many we no longer hear from, was thinking about the one at Donna's and only a few of us here now that post on the forum...sad as though were such fun times and the sharing of family...I do miss the people, hate that they can still lurk and read what we are doing but we know nothing about them anymore...

I will be getting my grocery list together today, hubby is doing baby back ribs and chicken in the smoker, will buy enough for 'two extra' people just in case at the last minute they 'decide' to come...so sad for the hubby...I could give a 'you know what' if they come or not, but when I see how it bothers my hubby it makes me so 'angry'!! Even if they do come now, the damage has been done...I have had enough of their *hit over the past 34 years to last a life time...on to bigger and better things...

Today I will start the housekeeping, also putting the extra leaves in the table...I like getting things done, hubby always says, "we have plenty of time", I don't deal well with last minute... Also going to make a run out of town to get a few things I want that we do not have here locally...

Cookie, soon you will have some 'free' time with Blaise back in school, I always looked forward to that. The evenings are getting so cool that the water in the pool is cooling down to much for my liking, I like it around 88 degrees when I get in...glad your partner in pies is working out so well..

Okay one and all, off to get this day started...have a good one...so very much to be thankful for...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            You all will have a wonderful time with or without them. Do they do this to the other kids too when they invite them, or have they given up? Hate to say it, but I don't miss my MIL little remarks which sent me over the edge at times.

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            No it seems most times they go to things his sister has, but they are only about 20 mins. away, his brother never has anything, but her hubby's family is having things all the time and they are always going there, graduations, put to eat, cruises, the list goes on, it is all about his family for sure, which for years they never had anything to do with him because of her..but now they have accepted and like her so they are always doing something with his family, even his brothers. Yes we will have a wonderful time without them, and I pray all the time for forgiveness and to remove the anger I feel...we have lived here almost 3 yrs. now and they have been here once, BUT when they have anything going on we are always there no matter what!!

good morning .

Finally getting a handle on the Shingle pain.... call the Doctor yesterday,, too much pain and the neuronton was not doing anything for that Jabbing pain... so meds got another same pill added . (3 a day). plus I added 2 (500) tylenol. and finally the jabbing stopped... Have one very very sore spot but can handle that...this is sure one miserable painful disease... just hope it don't drag on and on... .....got things I want/need to do...

Bethina,, hang in there Girl,, you'll get it worked out!...
          Sharon,, .you want to enjoy yourself this weekend ...don't let the *hit ruin it ....maybe would be better if they don't come. you are one busy lady.
          Yes we have changed . but never will forget our get togethers... a person to a name... is it 12 years?.

Elaine, I love Green,,, grass ,trees, fields.. .hope your busy day goes well.

need my tea.. see you later
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye I sure hope you are on the home stretch of getting rid of those shingles, pretty much what I have always heard how painful they are...I plan on having a wonderful time with all that come for the cookout...I just think it is a shame that a Mother would let any man come between her and her children, or why it should even be an issue....she can drive, she knows the way, tell him I'm going to my sons house to be with my children see you when you get back from TN!! They have been here one time since we moved here, it is about an 1 1/2 hr. away, and that was last Thanksgiving and 'he' said they might come but was waiting to hear from his son to see what they were doing...in other words, a better offer...

Morning all

Looks like we might get ourselves a little tropical depression Thursday. Guests for this coming holiday weekend are totally freaking out and trying to cancel plans. What they don't understand is that it's going to rain on Thursday and then it will be completely beautiful the rest of the weekend. Told one guy yesterday that I would have to charge him a $200 cancellation fee and he totally freaked out. Ah, the joys of working in the tourist industry.

Otherwise, not much new to report.

Y'all have a good 'un.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Have vacationed in Florida long enough to know that not many days are a total washout. It was in Florida that I first witnessed rain on one side of the street and not the other. However, I think I would fear a tropical depression and isn't there another storm coming in behind or is that Hawaii? I get the states in Paradise confused. Yesterday was a wasted day for me. Sierra got to school and hurt her knee so she gimped here and I took her to the doctor...he got her right in. She is waiting for the xray results but I am thinking it is just a sprain or strain. She is off work today and has been resting it. So it was a pizza night but at least Andrew had no homework. Day ended better than it started cuz homework is going to kill me with that stubborn little boy. Jon cut grass first time since his surgery and then fixed a loose gutter and did not feel well after. He sat in the pool a while but we both went to bed early. It was very hot yesterday and super humid. Suppose to cool for the weekend but I wish it would stay hot until after the last summer holiday. Then it can turn into jeans and sweatshirts for all I care. Faster the seasons move on the sooner school will be over and it will be summer again. Sharon, I also plan and do ahead for gatherings. The more I do in advance the more time I have enjoying it when everyone is here. I laugh when you said table leafs...Actually I have to do them early so I can get them in instead of waiting for the day of and no one has time to pull one end of the stinking table! I still have the leaves in from Andrews birthday because no one can stop and pull their end of the table!! But they can complain because there is no room with the table open. Boy, did I make seem like a rant? I seem to have a lot of them suddenly. Think this entire family is moving into a season change and slowing down. Sunny and hot again today with rain tomorrow. The water grass, of which we call our lawn, is seeding so the front looks like a pasture. I am sure Andrew will be cutting for his supper tonight. The back looks bad even though it was cut yesterday. I do not find fall to be a pretty season...it just brings in winter. Cookie, our kids are two weeks into school. Maye, finally some relief! Pat, you have had a lot of rain according to the news and I have stored in the back of my mind to be a better tourist. Next summer we are doing Disney again then back to the beach...we do love a beach and cooler. Beth, hang in there. Have a great one...I have to cook today and then do homework but it will be a great sunny day here in spite of those horrible chores.

Comment

Good morning. I have broccoli wafting through the air..looked it early enough ( I thought) and had the exhaust fan on and my Scentsy going but, it may be a smelly morning.
              I am making a vegetable casserole that is broccoli, cauliflower and carrots ( more smell to come!) that has a cream cheese sauce poured over it and then baked.
              Rolls, ham and Elaine's cake will finish it off. We have known this family ever since our two oldest boys were in school.
              Donna, Maye and all the rest who get snow: do you shovel your own drive ( those in the right age range) or pay a service? I told my son he should see if a lawn service does winter snow service.
              Here comes another child...hope you all are on the mend or maintaining today!

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                We've never paid anyone to do our driveways. At our current house we share a big driveway with the camper sales place beside us, so they plow most of the driveway. We were told they don't charge, but take of pizza to them occasionally as a thank you. I haven't done the pizza, but I have taken over pies, cookies, soup, & fresh bread different times. I love bartering.

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Hubby does our driveway, usually shovels it but we have a snow blower and a tractor, but there are times while he is at work my cousins son has a way of surprising me and doing it and I don't even hear him plowing it...

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks,my our guys! Sounds like doing it yourself ( and teaching his boys) is the best way to go.

Good morning everyone..

Went to doctor appt..Then went to Wal-mart and pick up gallon of milk..And got my Flu shot..

Maye,This pic it is for you..I hope this make you feel better.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                I've been struggling for an hour on my other iPad (most used one), but couldn't open apps, get on the RT, or even Google. Not sure what the problem is, but E can look at it later.
                I've been light headed this morning. Hoped coffee would kick-start my day, but No. I'm hesitant to get up from my chair to make toast.. This sucks.
                But the weather is in the low 90's, and the sun is playing peek-a-boo with the clouds ⛅️. "Chances" of rain coming up later this week, but at an "iffy" percentage. E says he's certain our yard has gotten a bit more than the average rainfall this year. So any more will be a bonus. For us, anyway. 🌵

Yay, Maye! There IS control for that pain. Gads...I can't take that Tylenol 500.....have had very bad reactions from it!
                But I'm glad it works for you.

Yes, Elaine & Cookie.....we've all gone through quite a bit together. We are a cyber family. And for those who aren't here with us any more these days, for whatever reasons, I miss them like I do miss having my relatives. People move away, lose addresses, some drop in occasionally to say Hi (I love when that happens!). It's nice to know we're here for each other.

Boffler, the get-together sounds pretty grand as it goes right now. It will be a big success, I know. Whether or not his Mom shows up. I do understand your anger with her though.

I've probably already written a book, but need to somehow get my day started. That means I need to eat something, probably, to get past this lightheadedness.

Hope you all have a great day. ☀️
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, I once made a casserole using up all my leftovers. It did have an unpleasant smell. Then I remembered cheese slices, and at the end of baking I covered the entire top with cheese slices. As the cheese melted over the top, the smell disappeared.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, have been on the phone and Friday is going to be hetic. I have an appointment for yet more X-rays for SS. Sister is going to see if she can get the girls out the door a little early so we can pick up the truck and they can load stuff while I'm getting the X-ray done. Of course someone has something bad to say about that "They aren't going to know what to load" etc. Now he has come up with "don't know for sure about the truck" crap. He reserved it and got an e-mail confirmation on it, so don't know why it wouldn't be there.
                    As far as Fred goes, If the dog catcher had caught him he would have had to stay at the pound, no way could we have gotten him out. A friend one town over just had to get his out and it cost him $100 and Gary is way higher than that. You would think that since you need a County permit, that you wouldn't need a City one, but no you have to have both, County is $50 and not sure how much the city one is. Then they fine you big time for not having them.

Comment

• maxie
                      maxie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You might want to call later in the week to make sure a truck is available and at that location. I moved with a rented truck and when we called the day before were told we had to drive to another location for an available truck. Good luck with the move!!

• boffler
                      boffler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Darla I hope the move works out for you, I know you are emotional about it but I know you have to do what is best for you...Hope you can take the dog and cat with you, they would be better off...don't know how long Kenny will be able to care for them...keep us up to date on your move and landing...
                  Working...
                  X