Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ August 29

Good Morning! !

Typing this in bed on the iPad so I may make a mess of it. Hiding from the cat.

I made the "Are You Kidding Me?" Cake. You all must try it. Cake mix 3 eggs and a can of pie filling. I mixed white mix with Apple and then made a caramel glaze. Google it and you will find tons of combinations. Entire cake was gone and everyone asking about it. Super moist!

Janet, thinking of you this morning and hoping for better news.

Today is our Monday trip to cancer center for blood work.

Have a good day, Friends.

Good morning...Ladyebug I wish I could have hid from Cori all night!!! We shared the bed last night....then she left before I got up..I over slept....my sister will be here in 1-15 minutes I am almost ready...I just hate rushed mornings...makes my day bit harder to start...but its all good...I have a meeting at work because its Monday...meeting days usually go a bit faster..then I have had my eye on a pair of shoes at work...I can finally purchase them today if they are still there...fingers crossed....also eyeing a vera bradley purse a bit harder to get..they tend to sell quickly...the next I find one it will hopefully be when my parents are here and I can take a picture and send my mom in to buy it...only thing is I would have to pay full price...

I better my belly is reminding me that I still need to eat before I head out the door...today I will have turkey mayo and cheese wrap on whole wheat shell.

Have a good day.

Comment

Good Mornin' another muggy, foggy one here...hubby took out 6 walnut trees yesterday, that man is something else, the heat index was 101 and he was soaked with sweat, clothes all wet which of course makes the dust/dirt stick to them, he digs out around them, uses and axe to cut the bigger roots then uses his tractor to push them over...after which he cuts them all up. We have to do this in order to turn the soil and hopefully a garden will survive next year...never knew planting certain things by walnut trees would not work.

Well this week I will be giving the house a more detailed cleaning as some of hubby's family have never even been to our home since moving back...so I want it to be sparkling when they see it. Like I said he is pretty upset with his Mom, even more so with her hubby, doesn't make for a good relationship between us and her hubby...what a prick excuse my French!! If you haven't decided by now what you are doing over the weekend, then just forget it!!

Letting hubby pretty much decide what he wants to have he is going to have smoked ribs and chicken, and I will be doing smoked macaroni and cheese, baked beans, potato salad, green beans, corn on the cob and hush puppies...everyone wants to bring something, I say bring your own drinks and a dessert...I will also be doing the grocery shopping for said get together, going with disposable on any and everything I can..

Well I need to get this day started, I'm slower than I use to be so it will take all week...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Your gathering is shaping up Sharon. Sounds like fun and wish someone in this family would make plans for the weekend. Last of the summer! Jon did an outstanding job grilling yesterday and my cake was delicious! It is half gone and I will be systematically working my way through the rest of it today. I really needed that cake! Time for a shower and start laundry. Did a huge load of towels last evening that still need to be folded. Always something to do...Maye hope today is better for you. Time to start my day.

Comment

Good morning, all. Nice weather here for summer. Hot but not killing hot. Odd for August which is usually our hottest month. Fore cast to be in mid 80s before the weekend.

No Labor Day plans that I know of for us. It has never been a big weekend in for my family except sometimes someone would decide to have a
          bbq.

Made a Wacky Cake just for something sweet but ended up throwing our 1/4 of it. Nuts that I put on top were rancid and got tired of picking them off the cake.

Beth, I have always hated to have to rush around before work. Maybe that's why I've always been an early riser. If I sleep past 6:00AM I feel like I have wasted my morning.

Hoping to see that Maye is feeling better.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning!
            I really overslept this morning.
            The MyChart feature says my biopsy test results reached my Oncologist, but it's not open for me to read. Just as well, I guess, with the test name of "LEUKEMIA/LYMPHOMA IMMUNOPHENOTYPIC BY FLOW CYTOMETRY ". Right now, it's all about my blood disorder......and my previous oncologist/hematologist of 14-15 years used to emphasize that I absolutely didn't have leukemia, so I just read that part as "blood" and it doesn't look so bad then. So I'll find out the details at the end of next week.

Very interesting sounding cake, Elaine. If I find my cake pan, I might just try it!

Sharon, the gathering sounds like it's coming along well....with or without his Mom. It'll be their loss if they don't show up. But the rest of the family will love it! Maybe Mom's hubby feels "power" if he thinks you're begging them? Or he's just an all-around jerk? Well, they know when and where.....they'll either show up or not. [I can imagine how your hubby feels. My mother used to "disown" me frequently. Whenever she couldn't control me to her ends. Yeah, it hurt a lot.]

Hi Maxie. I've got a bit of laundry to do today.

((((((Maye)))))), I hope you get over these shingles very soon. Meanwhile, i hope your doctor gets you some real relief.

I guess I'd better get my day started before it disappears on me. 😉
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, where is everyone? Fred had gotten loose last week (chasing after a female that was running loose and in heat) figured he was gone for good since he had managed to get out of his collar and the animal control up here don't bother with picking up dogs unless they have a collar or look like a pit bull. There was another male that had a collar and looked to be a pit mix, so thought since he was running with it that they would probably nab him. Was sleeping pretty good this morning when Kenny woke me up with "guess who's back" opened the front door and there he stood ready to walk in, and wouldn't you know it there was animal control going down the street, so I just closed the door and watched them from the window until they left the area, brought Fred in, Kenny went and got him a good collar, one with a belt buckle on it since those silly little plastic snaps they have now he has broken every time. Didn't say it outloud but was thinking "Just like your "Dad" in his younger days" Run wild chasing females and then run home when the police start chasing you"
              Donnie did come and mow yesterday took him about 20 minutes (and that was with breaks to drink water) where it would have taken us all day to manage it. He insisted on just taking $20 but Kenny did make him take $30.
              Found out Sat that Kenny really had no idea what the cancer Dr said, or didn't understand it. Told him this morning in lay terms what he said and that what he needs to have done is a PET scan and not the lung biopsy. The cancer started in his lung, and has traveled to his spine, the cells from the spine biopsy are lung cancer cells. Since he isn't going to do chemo he just needs to find out how far it has spread. Dr did say that it is the kind that moves to the brain.
              Still have not been able to put anything out to sell, has rained every day and looks like it is going to start up again today.

Comment

Good later morning, but it is still morning, right?
                My on again off and now back on invitation to my niece's wedding is causing many phone calls between my brothers and me...it was ok when they decided just a small wedding. I cancelled the days off, told parents, but now it will be really hard on a couple of parents if I change back. Wish me luck at getting through this without Drama!
                Elaine, thanks for thevgreatbrebiew on the cake. My friend's husband passed away yesterday afternoon and I am going to try and make this cake during nap time. I had signed up to bring food Friday for the family, but will take it sooner, I think, as more of the family will be gathering.
                I wish I had some words of encouragement for all of us getting through whatever stuff is in our path today...hope you know I think of you all.
                Darla, glad Fred came home!

Comment

Good Afternoon all! It's suppose to be pretty for the next 10 days at least.

Yesterday was good. Found the kitten that was lost in the house even though she didn't know she was lost. Becca headed home around 12:30. I did get much needed paperwork done, and that felt good. I met Kathy at Giant Eagle and she took Blaise for a few hours to a birthday party on Jimmy's side of the family. She brought him back to my cousin Karen's where we were celebrating Uncle Dave's birthday. Came home and rolled cookie balls for the order I have for next week. Baked off the one kind and baked off the other this morning.

Got both cookies baked, decorated, and in the freezer. They ordered 10 doz of each. Sue came this morning and made up some pie dough & got some rolled out. I need to bake 10 pies for the stand and 2 coconut cream pies for a customer who wants them tomorrow morning. I need cherries, so we may go to the bakery supply warehouse and get some. I just need to find some energy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good afternoon..

sorry,, not good news yet.... I keep hoping ... but so far. the valtrex has stopped any new blister from forming but the neuronton has not done anything to stop the "inside" pain... I still feel like there is a war going inside me. jabbing pains. can jerk you right out of a chair.. I called the dr office back . told nurse , my Dr. is out for the day..but they will run information pass the Dr. that is working ... maybe just increase more of the neuronton.. whatever.... just get me some sort of pain relief.... all together now, all you that have had these ..."I HATE SHINGLES"...

Maxie, I know how your feel, that Cake is just calling your name... been there done that.
                    Paula,, pray for No Drama for you this weekend.
                    JoGee... I 'm glad I can call mr Dr. office and get a response.. and not a recording .
                    Thanks for the well wishes from Elaine, Bethina ,Darla Barb and Sharon.

see you later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aloha all!

Happy Birthday to Dave! Donna are you making him a cake? At least any new blisters have stopped, Maye, and the pain will stop gradually. I still get twinges now and then.

Boffler, you are coming up nicely on your gathering. It sounds well planned to me.

Jo, glad you had a good nights sleep which can do wonders for a person.

Nice cool breezy day here and I'm enjoying it. Vacuumed my lanai this morning and also the apartment.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X