Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 27th

Hello.. and this will be fast

Dr. took me off pain pill perocet .started neuron ton?. suppose to soothe the nerve ends. used for Shingles..so far.. I have not noticed any thing but pain.. unrelenting hurting in left corner of abdomen.. I looked on google and I see where taking acetaminophen would be ok.. no interaction with the Neuron ton .. so here I come Tylenol...
    Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts... as you are in mine....

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

((((Maye))) there is a gentle cyber hug...

Work yesterday was a bit aggravating but I survived...and it wasn't really to bad until the last hour when others began getting in my way and putting things not in their proper spot making more work for me. I went to Walmart and got what I needed after work..went to Walgreen and came home..ordered a pizza last night...that was my splurge with this pay check..trying to save the rest only using it as needed

Today I am getting a few burgundy highlights put in my hair. and cleaning the house..

I have decided that for the most part Saturday will be the day that I do most major house keeping jobs...laundry...room..eject

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining. It's back to being muggy hot summer weather.

I didn't get here yesterday cause me feet hit the floor running and didn't stop for quite a while. Prepped stuff for the making when I got done running a few errands. I had asked Sue if she could come 3 days next week since I didn't think she would want to work on Labor Day. She couldn't next week, but she could come yesterday. She mixed & rolled lots of pie shells. I made pies, fillings, and potato salad. Kathy showed up mid-afternoon and we had a nice chat. We went down to the pool and relaxed for a bit before I started supper and baking some more. Yesterday when I arrived with the pies at the stand, they had 7 pies left from the day before. I brought 15 fresh pies and that threw him in a small panic. He didn't think they could sell them all and would have enough for the next day. Now 4 pies sold while I was there, so I didn't think there was reason to worry. I went ahead and baked 10 pies for today plus the 2 a customer ordered for pick up yesterday. Around 6pm Greg called & they still had 5 apple pies left, which shocked me that the apple were left. Anyways, he said to bake 4 more berry pies, which I did. My kitchen just never stays clean for long.

This morning first thing I finished preparing and baked a loaf of Artisan bread that looked good on FB. Will let you know how it is because it was SUPER SIMPLE to make....no kneeding....just mix and let rest 8-24 hrs, then bake. Made the spinach dip to go with it. That's one of our snacks for our evening of card playing. Right now I've got a cake in the oven. Will get the pies delivered and bake at least 10 more for tomorrow though I KNOW he'll need more. I desperately need to sit down and do some paperwork in the next couple of days. I'd just rather be in the kitchen. Becca is coming home sometime this afternoon then my Mom & our friend Sandy are coming to have a dinner of Pizza Hut pizza, snacks, & cards. Kathy & Jimmy want to have Blaise for a while today, so I'm dropping him off on my way to get the pizza. I'll just warm it back up when we are ready to eat.

I am SO READY for him to go back to school. Wednesday is his first day...only 4 more days! I love the lil booger, but he is so bored and needs to be back among other kids again. Hopefully he behaves this year.

((((Aunt Janet))))

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning. Hubby is up and fixing breakfast, hard to concentrate on anything when in the midst of it he starts talking, I stop to listen, then the train of thought leaves the station....
        Maye, constant pain brings a persons mood way down, hope this passes for you soon. ((((Maye)))
        Cookie, yes please let us know about the bread...pie season slowing down..
        Son and his SO will be here today so I best get a move on, want to sweep the floor, cat hair drives me bonkers...have a great weekend..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, all. I really am still around.

Yesterday, sis took me shopping for a new printer. She helped set it up but couldn't stay to finish it. Took me almost the whole afternoon to get the computer to accept it. Also got groceries and a pizza from Papa Murphy's. Think that may be breakfast today. Laughed at the young clerk who asked me if I wanted to make it family sized. I told him, "I am an old lady. This will make four meals for me."

Maye, I'm so sorry to see you have Shingles. I'm wishing you a quick recovery.

Time to warm up pizza. Have a good one.

Comment

Good Morning, so much for yard sale today, stormed all night and supposed to be more today. Guy was supposed to come mow today and guess that is out too.
            Aunt Maye, hope the neuroton works for you. Dr wanted to put me on it for the neropthy, told him I would prefer the Lyrica. Kenny's Mom was on the neuroton and it seemed to cause her so many other problems with her BS and the side effects but then again another friend was on it and it didn't seem to cause the problems with him, if it did he never said anything.

Comment

Good Morning.

Got my eyeglasses ordered yesterday at Penney's. 2 pair bifocals $99. I asked what they would cost without the special they were running. $500! Really?

We ate at Red Lobster, went to Kroger and came back home. Bought a bedding set at Penney while there. Got it all washer and ready for the bed. Good day. Enough activity for us.

Today, who knows?

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Heard from the doctor yesterday and my self diagnosis on the x rays was correct...he saw nothing so wants to try a cortisone shot. AND he wants even more blood work and an EKG. I give up! He is bleeding me dry but maybe there is something wrong someplace. I have been a little lackluster lately. All the days I have sat here and had no desire to do anything may be a symptom but I am not worrying about it. Could just me my seasonal change...trees lose their leaves and I lose my energy or something. But onward. Andrew ask if he could come this afternoon after we got an unexpected call to run and meet the bus yesterday. I need to run out for sandwich makings and snacks...maybe a watermelon. He probably has plans with the neighbor boys and I won't even see him. Last I heard from Sierra she was sitting in the parking lot in traffic after the concert. But the concert was awesome she says. Can't think of anything new from here or anything I want to do other than buy food today. Maye so sorry those shingles are still bad. Do they have a time limit? Surely there is something that could help the pain and discomfort. ((JoGee)) We have a sunny Saturday and the boys were in the pool last evening so they may take a dip when Jon gets home from work today. Rain missed us last night for once. Enjoy your day everyone.

Comment

Good Saturday Morning!
                  Didn't sleep too well last night....kept rolling onto that biopsy spot at the back of my hip. Still hurts almost as much as it did yesterday. The young lady doctor who did the procedure really didn't do the full numbing of it at any point, and it felt like forever. I did post in yesterday's sign-in thread about it. If I have a high pain tolerance, as I was told, then I'm thankful..... because if I didn't they'd still be peeling me off the ceiling.
                  So I go back in 2 weeks for the follow up and to discuss where we're going from here. We'll also see in these 2 weeks how much my blood will build up on its own.
                  I learned that the chemo treatments I had were not to kill cancer...they had gotten it all in surgery....but to prevent any more cancer from developing, if the possibility was there. He doesn't yet know if I'm good with what chemo I've had, or whether we'll start it again later on. The most important thing at this point is to get my Myelo Proliferative Neoplasm (the new name for my blood disorder) back in shape with better numbers on my bone marrow blood producing properties. If you didn't know it before, your bone marrow is what produces the blood for your body. Busy little sucker❣

I didn't mention that we had unexpected rain yesterday. A half hour before we had to leave the house, it began pouring by barrelsful. At 30 minutes it let up a bit, but the streets were flooded over the curb. A mile down the highway there was no rain, and the Cancer Center area was bone dry! We got nearly 2" of rain, according to our gauge.
                  Today is another very good chance of rain, MAYBE, according to the weather gal on TV. I hope so.

Nothing on my agenda for today, except what I feel like doing.
                  Yesterday Boffler got my taste buds going for liver wurst by mentioning it. Our store didn't have any. So maybe today E will try the other grocery store for me. One store is managed by Indian (not Native American) guys and put in a Sushi Bar by their Starbucks; and the other is run by Hispanic. I guess those cultures don't like liver wurst?

(((((Maye))))) gentle hugs as you recover. Sorry about what you're going through. Let your doc know in a few days whether the new Med kicks in at all.

Beth, keep your temper, and don't let things stress you at work. Jobs aren't always easy. Now you know where the glitch is. Find a friendly way to deal with it.

Wow, Donna......so many pies, plus. That artesian bread sounds good --- I hope you'll post it! I love breads.

Sharon, enjoy the weekend with Son & SO.

Barb, we like pizzas, too, but can't finish one. So we decide on whether to get individual (smaller-sized) pizza and get our separate favorites with more leftovers, or get a medium size of one we both like and have less leftovers. I don't mind reheating a slice for breakfast.

Well, I hope your day goes well, whatever you're doing. 🤗
                  Have a wonderful day.

Darla, Elaine, & Maxie.... Looks like we were all typing together!☺️
                  Last edited by JoGee; 08-27-2016, 09:37 AM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

OH, one other thing about the biopsy. I didn't see what the new piece of equipment, but it's supposed to "ready" the spot they'll be entering without needing a topical numbing solution. The said it will sound and feel like a blast of air. Okay, they "blasted" it. I told them it sounded and felt not like a blast of air, but like the snapping of rubberbands, and I hated that. (Then I wished they used the topical ointment instead.). But they all got excited over my description, and agreed it did sound more like the snapping of rubber bands than air blasts. They would use my description from then on.
                    I never did see the instrument they used.
                    But the second they used it, I immediately "saw" my prankster uncle in my mind, snapping or shooting rubber bands at me. I really hated that!
                    So if the docs ever want to prepare you for a procedure by using an instrument described in that manner, think of me for giving them the more accurate description of what you'll feel.
                    🙄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I had cold pizza for breakfast...headed out the door to get my hair done...using up some of the points mom and I have...

As far as getting annoyed with the people at work....I have to realize they have issues just like and come from a different agency...The job coach they had wasn't great...and I just found myself helping when I could still doing my own job and keep my rack out of their way. I will talk to my own job coach on Monday...she is going to be with me the whole day...I will ask her to help them some so I can do my own job.

Comment

Maye,I was something for you.
                        Like cute kitty pic..But i saw this pic...I thought it was cute..

And it will make your day..Keep your chin up...(HUG)....

Comment

Aloha all!

May all of you with ouchies feel better soon.

Nice day here with a cool breeze which is nice. Not so hot.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                          X