Friday 8/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 8/26

Good morning..Work yesterday went very well...I took my youngest niece to the movies last night and that was fun..After work today I have to pick up meds all of them...and then I am headed home to do nothing..tomarrow the only thing I have to do is get highlights put in my hair...I think I am getting Burgandy.

I got my first pay check...Lets just say I am very pleased!! I can't tell you the last time my check was this good...I will doing some shopping today. I can go ahead and get cori some more food today..and may be a new toy or two.

Comment

Good Morning, a busy start to my day....today was treat day at work for the hubby so I made ham & cheese sliders for him, then started making potato salad for tomorrow, son and his SO are coming down from MI to visit, got the roast in the crockpot for shredded Italian beef sandwiches, will also make some sloppy joes...after I get my shower I will bake a cake the 'better than anything' chocolate cake. Went and got all my vitamins yesterday learned the proper way to take all of them when and how you should take them...told my hubby I need to go buy some liver and spinach to rev up my iron intake...(he hates liver) I love it and until I met him I made it often...

Praying for my dear friend of many years, the one I had breakfast with not long ago, she found out Aug. 4th her daughter 51 had stage 4 breast cancer, she passed away yesterday afternoon...my heart is breaking for her...need to make something to take there also.

Talk to my daughter a little while this morning, she will be turning 40 Sept. 5th and she is having a hard time with that, LOL...told her it is just another day, you won't feel any different than you did the day before.

Beth glad you had a good day and an even better day when you saw your check.

Well folks time is of importance today...oh yes, heard back from all the people hubby invited they are all coming except his Mom who sent him a message last night she would let him know when they 'decided' what they were doing...don't think she realizes the hurt she causes her son which in turn makes me FURIOUS!!! Like he said they are retired they can go to TN where they have a cabin on any day of the week...

Have a great day one and all, need to finish up my potato salad...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning!

Paula, thank you for your post about Avatar/Photo. Because of that, I went into my profile settings and changed the size of this type . It was really getting hard to see.

So, speaking of seeing, we are on our way out of town (once again) to get eyeglasses. Can't do that locally.

Hope you all have a very good Friday!

Comment

A Friday Good Morning to you all.
          May it be a good one, whatever you're doing.

I'll be at the Cancer Center about noon today, for that bone marrow biopsy. So I'll be preparing physically and mentally for that this morning.

Nothing else on my agenda today.
          Will be back later for reading and maybe posting.

🌺
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Thinking of you JoG, saying a little prayer for another always helps..

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            JoGee, prayers for you and for the Dr. ( that he not be iffy)

Thanks, Sharon. I just may need that extra help. I find my head Oncologist an "iffy" guy.....his personality is much nicer when E is right with me. And he will be for this procedure, as he was for the last one....if the doctor will allow it. (E doesn't have to directly watch, just BE there!). I know the last procedure was difficult for the pharmacy nurse who was attending. She made painful-looking faces. But I felt very little or nothing. I kept the NP who was doing it informed of what I was feeling. I just hope this doctor is as cooperative.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning

well. good in the sense, the sun is shining ,,, the tornato warning last night at midnight came to naught....
            and I do have appt. with PCP at 1.30..
            I am running out of pills before I run out of pain and shingles. She , of course, has to see me.. and I'm feel sure she will want some sort of TESTS made.. this dear little lady Dr.. has never made a decision in all the years I have been going to her... with out first having a test run... so I am making a list of questions I want answered. might as well use up her and my time to my benefit... ... yes,,,I'm feeling cranky this morning .. was a terrible night .... pain pills did not work on pain.. did make me a bit sleepy. but the pain went on . and on.. .....JoG...My grumbling must sound petty to you . and to you too Sharon....and in reality.... it is ..I feel God is saying ..."Testing, testing".. so I will not stop , and concentrate on the good things like:.
            I do have a wonderful niece, who brings me good food. and a piece of great chocolate PIE...

I will come back later..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye, you do not sound petty to me at all.
              People have different levels of pain thresholds. And different conditions have different pain levels. I'm just thankful that my pain threshold might be a bit higher than average. I'm sorry that you have to feel such pain from the shingles, and have hoped daily that it wouldn't last. But maybe the Angel who hears my prayers is a bit more deaf than I am. Maybe I need to pray for my angel, too. 😇

Lucky you....homemade chocolate pie! *sigh*. E will have to take me to The Village Inn, or pick up a frozen one if he can find it. Darn, I don't see pie in my avatars, either.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Morning, off to see Kenny's PCP today and see what he has to say. Kenny is still in denial and keeps saying that he does not have cancer, but then before, he was saying (at least to me) that he thought that may be what was wrong. This has moved very fast, it hasn't been that long ago that he had a PET scan which showed a spot, had the biopsy done and was told that it was just a very bad infection. Since it has now since traveled into his bones it has to be moving very fast. I do understand his no chemo, and I know there is hospice but it really bothers me that he is here, with no family and really no friends to count on, and that he has shoved what family he has away from him through his actions. I know that I have to do what I have to do which means moving to SO IL. Just wish my heart would let my brain know that.

Beth splurge a little with this paycheck and then with the next one make sure to put some aside for a rainy day. Glad you have settled into your job and are doing good at it.

Comment

I was here earlier but got side tracked when my sister called...several hours later and I am ready to start the day. Someplace in our conversation the doctor called but I do not know how to get from one call to another, weighed the importance or what I wanted to know from the doctor and chose to stay on line with sister. Have a call back to the doctor but if I miss that call because Sierra is coming that is ok too. I am sure he has nothing to say and they found nothing in the xray and my blood is super good. There, a self diagnosis..what do I need a doctor for? Sierra is driving to a Luke Bryan concert tonight and I am worried about two girls in a line of traffic at night. I know she is almost 20 but grandmas worry even if she is a brat at times...she is my brat. Andrew was here last night and the kid is a hoot. Two insurance guys came to the door for his Dad and Jon yelled up for me to get rid of them and I had to explain to Andrew that I was going to tell a lie and he needed to scoot downstairs and be quiet. I hated doing that and do not normally do that but these insurance guys are so damn persistent. They have been here before and he keeps telling them he cannot afford insurance and they keep coming back. Geez! Some people just WANT to be lied to. Nothing new from here...another day of no plans. I have showered and Sierra is coming by with lunch. JoGee thinking of you..why wouldn't they let E in if he is calming to you? Beth, a first paycheck to splurge with must be wonderful. Darla, sometimes what we sow comes back to haunt us but I do feel for Kenny no one deserves that type of news. Sharon, I can bet MIL will be there just hope she is not a pill about it. We could collaborate and write a book on mil horrors...you would think what they sow would have come back to get them but somehow they just seem to skate through life planting more misery. But for now I am off to spend another fast paced day of doing nothing..maybe someday something exciting will happen and I will be all rested up to meet it.

Comment

I am late getting here, but have enjoyed reading .
                    Well, I have tried a few times to finish posting and haven't completed a thought.
                    I hate it when I know my neighbors can hear me " dealing" with kids outside...
                    Jo and Maye and Sharon, I really wish I lived close by when I read of what you are dealing with...and Darla. Everybody. You all are examp,es to me.
                    Yesterday I got the message a friend's husband had had a massive stroke with ireputable damage. ( spelling!). They have chosen palliative care, new term to me. I looked it up. It sounds like hospice in the hospital with medical staff seeing to his comfort, as opposed to home hospice care.
                    He is the remaining of three brothers. Two died in a horrible crash a few years ago and this is sad.
                    We came out early to enjoy the temperature. It is only 77.
                    Hope you all have a good day. I am determined to make mine good!

Comment

THANKS for all your heartfelt thoughts (aka prayers) sent my way.
                      This time the biopsy hurt, even though I let them know. My doctor didn't do the biopsy, he had another young lady doctor (learning?) doing it, and it took longer. But he held my hand. He probably thought I'd break his fingers before they were done. At one point he had her let another injection of the pain killer (?) set in, while he tried to hide the face he needed to get circulation back into his hand. Ha!!! I told him I did my best to relax my muscles normally to make it easier on both of us (which I've done on my own for years); but he said I'd have to be a Jedi to accomplish that, it's not humanly possible. But he did come back to hold my hand til it was finished. I was doing a lot of deep breathing throughout it, too. IF we ever have to do this again, I will CERTAINLY request that his NP Sandy be the one to handle it.
                      Last time I had no after effects. This time I got dizzy when I started to walk. So a nurse gave me some OJ and a wheelchair (which I didn't need before). Also, this time the biopsy area is sore. I had no soreness when Sandy did the test.

So afterwards E took me to lunch at Mimi's Cafe. (They're under new management and things are much cleaner there now,). E got a Ruben, I got a quiche, we both had a fruit cup for a side. We both could eat only half. I usually order the florentine quiche, which is tasty....I never had quiche Lorraine before, or will again; despite bacon in it, it was totally tasteless. I'll stick with the spinach & veggie one. Believe it or not, it's the only thing on their menu that appeals to me.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X