Thursday Good morning 8/25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Good morning 8/25

I didn't sleep well last night woke up feeling sinusy...not the day for that...yesterday at work my Job coach she feels that I am doing well enough to be on my own and will being faiding out...today she will not be there at all and I will text her at break and let her know how its going...

Today I will work this morning...come home and clean up the kitchen...I got a text after I had already gone to sleep from my sister asking if I would mind keeping my youngest niece for a few hours...there is a movie at the dollar theater BFG that she wants to see. My oldest niece has a vollyball game...my brother in law has a meeting...so I will keep her and we will go to the movie and my sister will probably bring supper home to us...

Good morning everyone.

The board "kicked me out" last week, and I couldn't even sign in. But yesterday after I got home, I tried and it let me in. Guess I had had enough punishment for whatever I did.

Got word last Monday evening that my cousin pasted so I will be heading north Saturday morning. My Aunt wants me to stay over and go with her and the 2 girls to look at a nursing home for her. She had been staying with her son, but is unable to stay by herself any longer. So I won't be around until maybe next Thursday.

Got my work done at the camper, but he will have to move the unused rock and excess dirt when I go back on the 8th of Sept. Hopefully we will get some rain before then.

Don't have much more to say so will bid you all a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      jostoy, saw on facebook about Paul's passing, please tell Chickadee how sorry I am.

Good Morning.

Not much to report here either. Stay-at-home day and I'm digging into closets and doing floors. Feels good to attack something.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning, rainy here again today, don't think there is any place that we have to go. Kenny's appointment wasn't good yesterday, seem that he has lung cancer which has already spread to his bones. Dr recommended chemo but said that it can't be cured just prolong his life. Since he has lost so many friends and family members to cancer he told him that he will not do chemo because it seems to just take more quality out of life than the extra time gives. So even with him being a PITA and all I do love him and am now upset that he will be going through this totally alone.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry about Kenny's news. Understand his reasoning on the chemo and respect that. Now you have another worry...so sorry for this upset.

• Nalani
        Nalani commented
        Editing a comment
        I am so sorry to hear this. I understand his reasoning too and think I'd do the same.

Good Morning ..

Ah Darla..thats a real shock about Kenny... did he not have any problems before this?.. and he is right . sometimes the extra month or two isn't worth the pain and appt. etc etc.. had an acquaintance discover pancreatic cancer. . she just got her 'papers" in order and then went to a hospice care.. Her husband had passed away about a year before that. its all logical.. but thats doesn't take into account your feelings. .

Jostoy..I am assuming Nightstorm tinkered a little and here you are ..to stay!..

Im waiting on phone call from Dr. office. my Pcp needs to make out script for pain pills of some sort.
      These Shingles are still being a real Pain ...Pain pills make me woozy but that only solves pain for a bit...and . whatever that big blue pill is supposed to be doing, it hasn't done it yet... I probably be all day waiting and waiting..

see you all later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Sunny morning here...got hot and humid yesterday afternoon so guess in store for today. I do not listen to much local news or weather. Hopefully I can stay home today. The construction in front of us is going to be an on going pain. I have some back roads i can take but it is still a hassle at intersections and with everyone else looking for a back road. I have no desire to clean a closet, or vacuum a carpet or mop a floor but I did sleep 9 hours last night. Slept like a rock! Hope I didn;t miss any late night/early morning stuff since I am always up between 3 and 4 every morning, watch a little tv or read then go back to sleep for a few hour. Lets see if this sleeping all night stuff is all it is cracked up to be. The plan for today is nothing...will do whatever comes my way. Have to cook again tonight so I could just worry about that all day and maybe inspiration will hit me with a meal plan. Hope your days are more structured than mine but remember there is nothing wrong with having a whatever day or two in a row.

Comment

Good Morning....I went to bed angry and woke up the same way, just talked to my daughter, had to blow the steam off one way or the other..My hubby's Mom is a piece of work, she needs to get her priorities straight...he very rarely ask anything or anyone in his family anything, he decided he wanted to have a get together here this month if everyone was willing, he sent out a message to everyone, they all responded positively except his Mom, she said they had "talked" about going to TN over that weekend since they had not been there since May....now mind you they could still go there and spend all the days they wanted, they are both retired, so once again, looks like other things are more important than her family!!! But oh you better bow down and do what she wants when she wants it...last year it was Thanksgiving and they had no place to go but more or less was waiting for a better offer...GRRRRRRRRRRR

Darla, so sorry about the news Kenny received....I know it is hard but they will be able to put him in hospice care when he no longer has a place to go...if love could cure us we would all be saved...you still have to do what is best for you.

Maye, sure hope you get some relief real soon...

Jostoy you best start behaving yourself so you won't get locked out, probably protesting because you are gone so much...real sorry to hear about Paul Henry, and real sorry about Mary having to go to a home, but better for everyone that she be safe...

Well got a call from my Dr. my blood work showed I am need of much help in the vitamin department, my Iron should be 37 or above, mine is at 20, Vit C is low, Vit D is low, etc., etc...darn I need to eat more greens...drink more OJ, etc., etc...its a wonder I still have any energy... so a trip to the drugstore is in order...I even take multi vitamins with minerals, but the key is to take the two pills at different times...same with the Calcium citrate with Vit D3...oh the joys of getting old...

Also treat day for hubby's work tomorrow, going to make ham & cheese sliders, can make them tonight and put in over tomorrow morning...well folks, that is all for me, time for some breakfast...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Have your gathering without your mother in law. Bet once she finds out whee everyone will be she will show...not that you care if you are like me. I had a MIL from hell. My husband never spoke up to her and her shenanigans and she ruined many a holiday or gathering since hubby and I managed to fight through the occasions. I say plan your gathering and have a ball....especially if the old gal is in another place. If she shows I can recommend a dash of Rum Chata in your coffee and you will smile all day and everyone thinks you are a saint. I learned life is to short to put up with in laws from hell!

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie your MIL sounds just like mine and causing the same misery for hubby and I because he will not stand up to her either and continues to be hurt over and over again and makes excuses for her....I started letting him handle his family I have been slapped in the face so many times by her and his sister so many times I lost count...I just hate seeing him so hurt...I told him the same thing, pick a day and go with it, she is not the queen, I AM!!!

• Nalani
            Nalani commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Maxie. Have it anyway and have a great time.

Good morning. It is just a normal Thursday and starting a little slower: no kids, yet.
          So sorry, Darla, about the bad news for Kenny's health.
          And Maye, I don't even know what to say! Why did we get that expensive shot if we can still get shingles?! Hoping you get relief. Now!
          Going to sweep/ Swiffer so better get moving!

Comment

Good morning, all.
            This morning I had a bit oh a scare. After I got up and used the bathroom, I decided to empty my stupid pouch even though it wasn't urgent. So standing at the toilet I suddenly got very dizzy, room spinning. I just put my head against the cabinet and began counting. Since I do get dizzy spells often when lying down, I found that counting seemed to cut way down on that spinning effect. But I've not been dizzy when standing, before. That's what scared me.

Yesterday morning I received 2 calls from the Cancer Center - the first cancelled my appointment with my cancer Doctor, and the second cancelled my lab and infusion appointments. (I've only gone through 3 of the 8 rounds of chemo, so I feel a bit discombobulated with this.). They did say the doctors felt it unnecessary for more treatments. So I suppose for all intents and purposes I should consider myself cancer free. Which is a good thing. (So I can quit eating all the extra foods to protect my insides against chemo.)

I still have the biopsy tomorrow. It's imperative I get my blood levels back to something normal-ish.
            I have no idea yet what's ahead after the biopsy. They have to figure it out when they test the marrow.
            The "fun" of the matter is that they get to search my DNA, I betcha. That's how they found the chromosome that was mutated and causing the blood problem....its name is JAK2BAM, the BAM part meaning that it disguises itself as other problems! My previous Doctor explained that to me. I hope this doctor will be as open as she was about what's going on.
            My Imagination pictures a whole independent universe of life inside each of us. Keeping it under control when we reach Senior level is a whole new mysterious matter.
            *Would you agree?*

Darla, Ken will be appreciating you too little, too late ..... but looking back he has no choice but to see the true value you've been to him. He's probably made the right choice at this point, no chemo. The quality of life will go down. Whereas, the doctors can make him comfortable for the end.

Sharon, some parents are like that. (Mine, for one.). Mom in particular, and Dad just did what he was told. It's a shame.
            So just have the gathering without them? Maybe they'll show up. Maybe they'll complain, too, but chalk it up to who they are. I eventually learned to take my mom with a grain of salt.

Maye - Hope those shingles let up real soon. Have you considered an oatmeal bath? That's what pediatricians do for kids with pox. Run a cup or two of oats through the blender into a powder and pour it in your bath. It should stop the itching, ergo the pain.

Jostoy, sorry to hear about your cousin.

Beth, sounds like things are going well for you. I'm glad.

Hope you all have a great day today❣
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was busy but different. After delivering pies, Blaise & I went back-to-school shopping for him. Started at the thrift store and got him some shirts & shorts. Over half are too big for now, but he liked them, so I'll hold them back. Wednesdays are half price day. Got myself a few t-shirts for cooking/baking. We then went to WM to get him some shoes, bookbag, & pencil case. Of course several other items jumped into the cart. Then it was onto Aldi's & Giant Eagle for groceries. Finished off the trip with lunch at Arby's. Then it was home to unload & put away everything then start in on baking 14 pies. Two of them were for a special order...shoofly and lemon meringue. Did up the laundry too because I wanted to put away all the "new" clothes.

This morning Blaise had an 8am dentist appt, so I had to get up early and get the pies bagged & loaded. We dropped them off on our way home. Working on making fillings and pies for tomorrow. Think I'm going to make meatloaf for supper.

Sorry about Kenny's news Darla. And for your sad news Jostoy.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aloha all!

Very hot and muggy here and guess I'll drive in to Kahului and pick up my dark glasses at Lens Crafter. They weren't ready when I went in Tuesday so that's another trip for me.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                X