Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ August 24

Hello Everyone!

Have not been here for a few days. Been out of the house every morning by 7:30 and that left me with too little time to check in.

Sharon, I know the potato drama wasn't fun, but it was really funny.

Speaking of cookies, I detest store bought but am always hoping to find a good one. Bought some Soft Batch Peppridge Farm Raisin yesterday. Waste of money. Going straight to the trash.

Cleaned the church yesterday with 3 friends. Took 3 hours so I am not interested in cleaning anything around here, although we did get two chandeliers done.

Dental cleaning at 8 so I am off again this morning.

Janet, hope you are improving. Hugs ~ ~

Good Morning! Suppose to be a nice one.

Yesterday was good. I'm SO HAPPY that I hired Sue to help me. My stress level is so much lower, plus it's more enjoyable to work with someone & to have someone to talk to. We got all the pie dough rolled out and mixed up the cookie dough for the orders I have. Might bake those off tomorrow. Didn't bake as many pies, but that's OK. Was told the peach season might be over after this last round of peaches he picked up yesterday. It was a very short season this year. Apparently something happened during the Spring.

Would you believe I actually had 3 people contact me from getting me info from the stand? And one former customer who wanted a special order. The one ask if I could make a choc pie. Never have made one from scratch, but I told her if she's game, so am I. Searched for a recipe on Allrecipes.com and picked one that got rave reviews. She wanted meringue on it too, so I ordered a couple dozen fresh eggs from the neighbor and got those mid-afternoon. I was set! On my way to get the whole milk, my friend Lori called & said she could do our haircuts that afternoon rather than today, which worked better for me. Came home, got one round of pies baked, and then we went for our haircuts. I feel human again.

This morning I got up early and got this chocolate pie made. It turned out beautiful I think. After dropping off the pies at the stand, we are going to deliver the pie since the lady just lives down the road and we are going into town anyways. Good way to impress a new customer! LOL! We are going to go shopping for a few clothes for school and a new pair of shoes for Blaise. School starts next Wednesday. Then home to bake pies. The customer that contacted me yesterday wants a shoofly pie & lemon meringue. Glad I got those farm eggs yesterday because they make a beautiful lemon meringue pie with the rich yellow of the yolks and the meringue whips up high. Guess I should think about making a real dinner since we've had leftovers the past two nights, although that's why I made all of it on Sunday. Blaise has been asking for meatloaf. I LOVE meatloaf, so that may be what I make.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Donna I love homemade chocolate pie with a mile high meringue, it is my oldest sons favorite only he takes the meringue off of his....and lemon meringue is my favorite, but at times with the lemon one I have seepage and it seems no matter what I have tried it still happens...yuck, makes for a soggy pie crust when it does that...meatloaf does sound good, will check my freezer.

Good morning...work went very well yesterday...followed by a visit to Saint Elizabeth to volunteer for a couple of hours...at Saint E there was a new lady that was being a bit difficult with the staff and confused in general..it was her first day...and for some reason she has fallen in love with me.. mom said I have a gift....anyways Maggie asked me to come even if its just for a few hours on the days the lady comes and I have agreed to that starting next week I will be back there on Tuesdays and Fridays after work unless I have something that I have to do. Then in the late part of September I am going to start attending a disscussion group every other Thursday evening for 4 sessions it is through the activities group that I am a part of.

Today after work I am going to have lunch out and do some shopping at the store where I work...I want to look at purses and shirts...church tonight if I have a ride..

Comment

Good Morning....I think today will be a day of housekeeping, got all the laundry done yesterday, all the motorhome sheets, towels and washcloths done...even did some shopping at Dollar General to buy more towels, washcloths and got those washed also...also more paper products for the motorhome as well as hand cleaner foam...less messy with the foam hand cleaner..and a quick supper of chicken strips, flavored chicken noodles and green beans..now need to decide something for supper tonight...you know, I really get tired of thinking about what to fix for supper..

Hubby is getting spoiled, been fixing his lunch every morning along with his banana, apple and yogurt he takes everyday...he is loving it... Need to clean my desk off again, always so much PAPER!! But I don't want to go 'paperless' would be screwed if my computer went down and couldn't see or pay a bill....

Was thinking the other day, they wonder why the large malls are not doing well, why the large anchor stores are closing, Sears, JCPenney's not doing well, etc...I believe once they stopped sending out catalogs three times a year changed things, You have the Spring/Summer one, the Fall/Winter one and the one kids always loved, Christmas catalog...they forget that a big majority of buyers were the women at home, the ones that do not shop on line, etc. My Mom was a big catalog orderer until they stopped doing catalogs, she did not live in an area that had those stores so they lost business, wonder how many others are like that..I miss having a catalog at home, I loved looking at them, they always gave you a complete look, you could see and imagine it in your home, now all you get is a picture of said article and nothing with it and you have to go searching for the pieces to go with it...oh well, nostalgic this morning, miss those days.

Also miss getting a paper newspaper so told hubby beginning of the year we will start receiving paper newspapers again, so we can sit in the mornings and enjoy coffee together, read the news, then do the crossword puzzles...he will be here in the mornings when he retires, and he loves 'noise' I on the other hand like the silence, so we both have some adjusting to do...

Well folks time to go read the news, get dressed and get this day started...have a good one everybody...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, looks like it's going to rain again today. Kenny has appointment with the cancer Dr to find out the results of the biopsy. Not looking forward to it since the appointment was set for the 2nd and the office called and said that Dr didn't want to wait until then to see him, so I'm worried that they found something bad.
        Went for the X-rays yesterday, I thought it was for my back since the letter simply said X-rays but when I got there it was for my knees (the Dr who did the exam did seem to feel both of my knees extra long when I saw him).
        Boffler when Mom was done with those catalogs, we girls would cut our paper dolls out of them, can remember going through finding one that you could see both arms and legs and hitting the jackpot when you found one that other clothes would fit on. When in NE went through a JC Penny's store and saw a stack of catalogs sitting, was going to pick one up and found that they weren't free but you had to pay $3 for them. But I guess that they figure that paperless is the way to go now. Funny that with all of this and SS saying that you have to do stuff on-line because or the paper reduction act but then when you get a letter from them you get 2 of the same thing. One tells you that they have sent you a letter about an appointment, which you may get after that one, and the letter about the appointment that you have to sign and send back in, both have the same 3 pages of information with them.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Darla pray that the news from the biopsy are bad news...
          Hope you get news about your exams and such for the disability, would be nice to have it done before leaving IN.
          We loved the catalogs growing up, of course the outhouse thing was not joke for us, LOL...

Catalog shopping. I did so much catalog shopping and browsing. That is where you got your decorating ideas and saw what the seasonal fashions would be. And the Christmas catalog was a blessing...mom gave me hers so both boys had their own catalog. Actually that is a nice memory to have early this morning. We had a hard shower earlier but now the sun is out so will get humid. Need to finish up the laundry I started last night and make a pot of beef stew for supper. Sierra is coming by after school so we will have a nice sit down meal tonight. Have you noticed how much earlier it is getting dark? Need to call my sister and run some things by her and tell some things my boys told me about Sunday when we were together. Evidently while we were having our discussion with the 2 year old upstairs there was a discussion going on around the pool with the adult children. Nothing going on today but general housework and meal planning. yuck! Lemon meringue is a real favorite of mine...it would be my all time favorite if it weren't for blackberry cobbler. Well,enough procrastinating...gotta get moving. Maye hope you are feeling better and Jo hate to hear about another biopsy. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Good morning.
          I loved reading the catalogs when they were sent just to see what was available, but we did not order from them. We went to the stores to look for the things we wanted. My mom always paid cash. When I had kids, I liked going into the stores, and often found sales not offered in the catalogs. But I didn't carry cash; for me checks were "safer".
          Speaking of catalog orders, I ordered a Raggedy Ann and Andy set of dolls for GGD. I ordered a handful of related books from Amazon, and received them before the catalog co. sent notice that the dolls were enroute. Catalog pkg arrived, but only Raggedy Andy was in it! So today I'm calling to ask why Raggedy Ann was crossed off the packing sheet!

Not much going on today. Need to get dressed and get the newspaper. Enjoying my Constant Comment tea and buttered Eggo. (I get tired of syrup.)

Thanks, Maxie. I'm not looking forward to the biopsy, but until it's done nothing else will be happening in my medical care.
          Sharon, retirement does take getting used to. Because E likes noise, we often just let the radio or iTunes play. I'm the one who enjoys silence. I might find a blue rubbery frog under my pillow some nights. Or stuffed animals under my blankets (which I'm trying to give away to the little kids in the family).

We're still having weather in the low 90's. But next week we should hit the 100° mark again. 🌵

To everyone, have a great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Growing up in a Navy family, we Lived for and By those catalogs! My grandparents ordered our gifts and had them sent to us and my brothers and I spent hours pouring over them and my mom ordered as well as used them for what was in fashion when she went to the fabric store.
            Youth activity went well, and I got home, put everything away and cleaned up and went to bd by 9:30. And still able to get up by 5:15.
            I have a big tub I am sitting with when we go outside and emptying and throwing.
            I have a friend who just moved from a 4800 sq. foot home into a 1600 sq foot. And didn't de clutter enough ( her words). She lives too far for me to go help, and the unpack g is really getting to her. Her husband doesn't like to let anything go...kind of like me, so I can relate and I am trying to conquer my ( not so ) inner hoarder/ pack rat...
            I am going to enjoy today and hope you all do, too.
            Elaine, when it is my turn to help clean the church, I opt for bathrooms. Used to choose vacuuming and dusting the chapel, but my shoulder can't do all that heavy vacuuming, and No one fights you for the bathroom job I get in and out fast! A little bleach to clear my sinuses..
            Beth, so good that lady bonded with you!
            It is Wednesday, the trucks have picked up the garbage and all the kids have arrived happy! Pretty good start!

Comment

Good late morning...

hey,,, this Shingle stuff STINKS... every little red mark ( the very beginning of a blister). thinks it is the King!. you can hardly see it but that is the spot that is driving a stake thru the body..I am assuming the BIG blue pill is keeping the number of new spots down..but yesterday/last night brought back memories of walking the floor with Labor pains.. .... will call PCP and see if she can put in script for more pain pills.. weekend coming up when doctors all disappear....................Thanks for prayers and concerns... now if David could just make tea.and cook .

been so long ago since there was calalogs. don't think the argument of going paperless. save on resources can hold up... I get more pieces of mail from insurance company .real estate .the list could go on for couple pages..
              my sister and I did the same thing .. cut out clothes. made paper dolls... .I even copied , very crudely , making doll clothes ( by hand sewing).. by matching picture in catalog. my Grandma would help. thanks Sharon, you just brought up a wonderful memory moment..

time to do something , throw in one little load of clothes. tidy up the kitchen . take a pill. plan dinner,..(take more pills)..

Thinking of you, JoG... being sick and taking pills is truly monotonous ...pill after pill after pill.. but ,,Thank God for Pills.

if I sound loony.. excuse please.. Percoset will do that to you
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye,I thought back surgery was bad..You poor thing..

I will bring your favorite donuts..and the coffee too..

I thought i had bad day..Went to the doctor and order more test for me..You know "YOU" are getting older...You do not want to follow your mothe foot step.

I was there all morning..I did not get out until..Lunch time...
                Maye,Here is a cute cat pic..The doctor name is..Peter..He is here to take your pulse..

Comment

Because my mother does shop catalogs for a few things: she gets Tons! Like at the height of the gift giving season about 80 pounds a month!
                  ( yep, she weighs them...)

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since I moved last year I get very few catalogs...I would get gift ideas etc., from them. Boys tell me to just look at them on line but it is not the same. Nope, there is something about flipping pages! Decided to do something I wanted to today so I have done nothing so far but put on that pot of stew. I know.....I am pathetic!!!

• Nalani
                    Nalani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I moved here to Maui I thought oh boy, not catalogs. But guess what they caught up with me. Can't get away from them.
                Working...
                X