Tuesday 8/23

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 8/23

Good morning...I remembered to hit start on the coffee pot..but didn't bring anything to go with the coffee...working this morning and then this afternoon I am going to visit at Saint Elizabeth the place I used to volunteer...I miss them all so much...and they miss me...the one that is my most favorite will not be there...today..so I may go back next Friday...I have not yet decided..there are a couple of blankets at work that I want to purchase and donate to saint E. The warm fuzzy kind.

Crazy Cori was drinking the shower water this morning...I had turned it on to warm up..and it runs out on the floor as the shower I have is just a shower with a curtain and a drain the floor not a tub.... Mom said she thinks I have an austic cat...LOL She got to eat at 3 this morning so I could go back to sleep...we both went to bed about an hour or so early last night....threw both our schedules off..oops

Good Morning to all....beautiful morning, but it seems that our summer is coming to an end...but it just got here, LOL

Beth our cats control and train us, not the other way around, ha ha they always get what they want because we get tired of them meowing and such. I have two, they are rescue brothers..

I will be catching up on laundry today, just could not get with it yesterday at all...did manage to wash the stinky cloths that were in the same cabinet as the rotten potatoes...and cooked supper, that was the extent of my day...now today needs to be productive...being able to open doors and windows makes it so much better..

Also need to make a grocery list, I have been packing lunch for the hubby, he likes it, bad habit, LOL...
    Maye, hope you are getting some relief...
    Well onward and upward, read the news and then get busy....

Have a great day one and all, hope there is some sunshine in your life today...even a smile from someone can be the sunshine, so smile...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Heading out early this morning for a followup blood test and then to see the doctor about my knee. Will go to the bank and then hit the local grocery store to look at meat. Yesterday I put on a small pot of chili and son acted like he had died and gone to heaven. I, personally, am not and never have been a big chili eater...much prefer a big pot of vegetable soup! Only thing on my schedule is running this morning and maybe throw in a load of towels. Another sunny cool morning here. Some chirpy bird is complaining about something out there...probably in discussion with the flock about when they will leave to fly south. We waited and waited for months for summer and then it rained most of it or baked us and now it is over so fast. Oh well, things to do, places to go and people to see and the sun is shining...cannot complain to much. Maye hope things are better today. Morning all!

Comment

A quick Good Morning before Sue arrives.

Yesterday was very busy, but we got through it with a smile. Made a total of 22 pies. Had a couple orders thrown in there. Lori had a Norwex party last night & I went to that.

Today is more of the same. Pies and rolling out pie crust. I have an order for cookies in a couple of weeks, and I may get that dough mixed up. We'll see.

I've been known to smell my bag of potatoes before buying them because if you bring home one rotting potato, the rest will follow not far behind. I detest that smell.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning...

had a decent nights sleep.. ( take enough pills and something has to knock you out eventually )... and the energy level is up... but not sure I want to go anywhere... Aldis is calling to me. so is the Library.... not in a hurry to do anything ..

Thanks for the coffee Beth..the Knee Dr. suggested ( in a whisper) that my knees would like me to lose a few pounds... so will skip the donut today... your Kitty will soon have you trained..

Still waiting for those big blue pills to do Something.... Pain pill and Acetaminophen work more or less. but all new little red spots are the ones that itch, and HURT.........Im not good with Pain that goes on and on...... I give highest praise to people like Sharon,JoG and those on here who have an ongoing, painful situations...you are brave people in deed.

David is looking at me,, with that look that says....... are we going to the store? I guess he is tired of being housebound ..

a little sideline... when Karen and I shopped for flowers in May.. I picked up a small container with three tomato plants in it..for $1.50.. just for the fun of teasing DAvid.. so he could plant a "garden".... welllll.... we did plant them in the corner along the side wall of house... and yesterday we pulled off 6 tomatoes and there is going to be MORE ,, a lot more... DAvid is delighted with his Garden..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, did more sorting yesterday, today have to go get an X-ray for SS. Kenny actually called someone to mow grass but he can't come until Sat.

Beth, even with a bowl of fresh water, Gus will find water somewhere else to get a drink, I think it comes from her living on the street the first part of her life. Only had one cat that always got his way. My youngest had one that we got as a kitten from someone who had a shed full of cats. Every morning he would come in and start out by licking my face to make me get up, that I could ignore but then he would move up to my eyelids and that rough tongue on eyelids can not be ignored. My daughter would close her bedroom door so he couldn't wake her up, since she is the one who taught him the "trick" He is also the only cat I've ever seen that would give "kisses" on command, she would pick him up and say "Give me kisses Tiger" and he would lick her face just like a dog.

Aunt Maye, have known many people who have had shingles and they seem to affect everyone different, the ones who had then in summer seemed to be bothered the most, sweat would cause more burning and stinging when coming in contact with them. ER doc may not have even thought to look since he probably saw that you had the shot so ruled that out.

Comment

Good morning. I woke around 6a today. Kinda wanted to stay in bed, but knew I wouldn't sleep any more.
              Yesterday I sent E to the gym. He stopped at the grocery store for...Popsicle bars and frozen dinners. When he got home,
              he found I'd already started a 1-skillet dinner (petite sirloin and veggies), plus made him a pan of EZ Fudge (chocolate with a hint of raspberry --- I shoulda left out the raspberry, I guess.) Maybe I'll cut up the rest and give it to the neighbor's on both sides of us. I still have the right stuff on hand to make plain chocolate fudge.

Maye, I hope the shingles quit pretty quick. Hopefully going shopping with D will distract you from the discomfort. Glad D is enjoying his garden. I know the feeling of picking nice, fresh, produce.

Yes, kitties do train us, don't they? I liked having 2 cats, so they'd have each other and wouldn't mess with me so much. It worked out pretty well for me.

Cookie, you're right about the potatoes. It takes only one bad one to wreck the whole bagful in short order. BTDT, too.

Maxie, I like soups, and chili too. But can't have any that contain legume type beans. It plays havoc with colostomy.

Well, I've no plans til Friday, when I go in for the bone marrow biopsy. Yuck. But it's gotta be done.

Have a beautiful day, all you lovely people! ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Beautiful cool temps in the am, so I am enjoying whatever I do, including the treadmill.
                22 pies!!! I doubt Marie Calendar even tops that, Donna!!!
                Maye, I gave away cookies yesterday because no matter how much I say in the morning that I will do better on my diet, by late afternoon and evening, those cookies win me over!
                I have to tell you why we made cookies this weekend. The yard sale was selling them along with the Indian tacos, .75 for two, and the people taking the money were extolling the greatness of these cookies....so, I thought I better have one. Oh, my gosh! Just ordinary. I ate a couple of bites and gave a cookie to Becky who said the same thing...so I said we needed to make some really great chocolate chip cookies. Obviously, I didn't say anything at the church yard sale...but I might take cookies to the next pot luck.
                I better go and take a " nice" pill...
                See you all later!

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love both your comments!

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you brought choc chip cookies to a Christmas cookie exchange Maxie, I wouldn't be pleased even it they weren't dry little mounds. LOL!!! I want something creative & special on my trays, and that's exactly why I quit accepting invites to join different ones. Snob, I know.

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Donna, my friend stopped Hosting hers when different ones brought 1. Decorated Ritz, 2. Store Bought cookies and 3. Oatmeal.
                  All at the same event. She labored over her decorated plates of gingerbread men and cute bags she made to send her cookies home with invitees.
                  We All make the regular cookies. Christmas cookies should be Better... ( don't tell your aunt I said you-know-what!)

Good morning everyone..
                It is woundeful day to day..to hand clothes outside...And have that smell too..

Comment

Well that trip to the doctor cost me a day out of my life. Had the blood work, went to the doctor and then was sent back for additional blood work and an x-ray. Since my doctor has moved to Texas I saw his partner for the first time. I really kinda liked him and his friendly approach even though I was prepared not to like him. I know I can be a pill when you change things on me. Sierra was working today so picked up my Aunt and took her McDs for lunch. She got a hug from her great great aunt and I do not have to cook today since we had a late lunch. Knee still hurts but stomach is full of cheap fast food so the day was not an entire loss. Not cooking makes every day a little brighter!

Comment

I love reading all about the cats, cookies and cooking! I hate that so many seem to be having medical problems. JoG - I really hate that you need to have that biopsy. I wish I could have it for you. Maye - I have had several friends who had shingles and some were really hurting. I am sorry you have to endure them. I am glad you got David out of the house! I wish I had someone to go shopping with! Donna - What is a Nexwel party?

Take care everyone!
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• boffler
                      boffler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Punkin, wish you would come by more often...good seeing you.

Thanks, Val. I'm not looking forward to another biopsy. But until they figure out what's going on, I'm not getting any other treatment. I'm already a good month behind on the chemo.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X