X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ 8/15

Good Morning, Folks! ♥ ♥

It is past 6:30. Where is everyone?

It is raining. Can't believe it. We were predicted to have 3-5" but this gentle rain won't result in that. I'm just grateful for anything at all.

No news. Blood test for John and annual blood work for me.

Hope you each have a good Monday.

Good Morning! We had rain off & on yesterday and zero sunshine. I don't mind the rain lately, but a little sunshine every day is much needed for me.

Yesterday was good. After church & delivering the pies, I just puttered around the house trying to get things back in order. Blaise & I picked up my Mom and we went and had dinner with Becca. Afterwards we went and saw her new apartment. It's not big or fancy but it's nice enough. It's bigger & nicer than her dorm rooms ever were, and she'll be fine. I'm proud of her. I took her some groceries. Every bit helps. I saved her from having to go grocery shopping last night after an 11 hr work day. We went to Hoss's for dinner and will never go there again. I think we would have enjoyed Pizza Hut much more and it would have cost me WAY less, but it was an experience. Came home & relaxed.

Today is back to the grind. I'm trying to get things prepped before Sue arrives to help me. I've hired her to work with me on Monday & Tuesday morning. Hopefully this works well and alleviates some of my stress.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...I am heading to work in a few...my keyboard is giving me fits!

Comment

good morning..

moving slow.. no major plans for the day... return library book. pick up Davids Scrip from Dr. and take to pharmacy. stop at grocery store?.

Still have a nagging sort of pain ,,may end up calling a gastroenterologist ... still think I have an irritated spot inside stomach... and by the time I would actually get to see one, it will be gone .

happy to hear Becca apartment if just what she needs... Proud of that young lady!..

my favorite shrub at the side of the deck... ( its is a privacy fence from the neighbor) is infested with Bagworms..they make cacoons. and hang down like little lightbulbs... however , in the process they feed on the needles. and berrys and slowly kill the shrub.. Got the sprayer and the stuff to spray on them... but will have to wait until we have a clear day or two. ,,don't want the rain to wash off ...did not realize they were even there until there are hundreds of them and started seeing dead spots.. so the Buggers have got to go... read about on Google .. cannot see that they have any useful purpose around here..

better get myself and house tidied up and get ready to travel.. see you all later
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, looks like it may be a rainy one. Didn't get much done yesterday, every time I moved felt like my stomach was going to go from both ends. Did pull the boxes of dishes out of the one closet. I thought the way his Mom carried on about them that they were "good china" but they aren't. Told him I'm just going to set the whole works out and say X for the whole bunch. Was going to count and list the pieces but was so hot and not feeling good. There are like 11 large plates, then only 5 cups. Today want to go through the cookbooks. I know there are a few I want to keep but the rest will go (well hopefully someone will buy them).

My fan wasn't dead after all. He must have kicked the cord on his way through and didn't say anything. Carried the other one in and thankfully before taking everything apart plugged it in and it didn't work either. So climbed back to where it is plugged in and found it helps if it is plugged into the wall.

Comment

Good Monday. It will be hot today again, so enjoying the open doors and windows before my air kicks on.
            Swiffered the floors and walls ( it is great for the dust and high cobwebs!) and things are moving along.
            Only today and tomorrow for the two school kids. Love the extra money, but with it comes a lot of extra drama, so that by the time they are getting ready to be gone, I am not even thinking about the money!
            Today Becky starts back to school. She has Statistics for one of her classes and was talking with Spencer about it. " beck, you are gonna love it! It was one of my favorite classes!" Whose kid is this?! I guess there is a reason he went into finance...
            Hope you all have a good day and pass along many smiles!

Comment

Birthday party was a success! Andrew was in hog heaven and we had a special guest. I looked up and Kate came in...Jon invited her as a surprise. Going to be so nice to have her close! The ice cream cake was as I expected....not a real cake and I really wanted a piece of real cake with my coffee this morning. Boy for my birthday there had better be real cake! Uncle Scott gave Andrew his own engine and they ran trains in the boy cave. My husband had bought Sierra a Disney girl (pink engine) train for her first birthday with the intention of adding a car every year. It would be her own train but he was gone before that birthday and mommy dearest took off with the train. When it came back Jon has been adding the cars. Drew wanted his own train, too, and Scott had been giving him a new car every birthday and on his 10th he said he would give him his own engine. It is spectacular! Smokes, toots, lights up and even automatically uncouples! He dug out some of his cars and they ran that train all afternoon. It will be the train around the tree this Christmas...Sierra's train runs around the second tree upstairs. My husband was a Lionel trainman and he passed it on and now the boys are passing it on. It was a wonderful day with the trains out again. Kate said she remembers sitting on her Uncle Charlies lap and watching the train go around the tree. It was a nice moment. But now the mess is left. I will clean floors and vacuum and do a load of laundry. It is raining again so not much else to do. I swear if it isn't raining up a flood this summer we are sweltering in unnatural heat and humidity. My plants look so bad but the water grass is loving it! Getting a hair cut Wednesday and need to call for a pedi. Big weekend pool party at my sisters this weekend and have to look my best around the pool...picture those dancing hippos in the Disney movie, but with beautifully manicured and painted toes, a fresh haircut and that is me in a swim suit!! You gotta love summer!!

Comment

Good morning.........I think. ☕️
                I woke up with a pouch malfunction. E helped me with that and applied a new pouch.
                My nightie had to go into the wash. E asked if I had any more...yeah, two more. We found one in the closet, but one is AWOL. He's suggesting I left it behind last time we were in Phx. If so, a needy maid has a new nightie.
                Then the toaster didn't quite heat the stupid Eggo. So much for breakfast. The mocha is good, though.
                Had a heck of a time getting into the RT this morning. I didn't bother trying to count the tries before I could get in.
                It's going to be just one of those days, I guess.

Into every life a little rain must fall. (After the rain comes the beautiful rainbow.). Take that metaphorically if you like.
                Literally, E thinks we've reached our annual expected quota of 13". Oh, more is forecasted, but no guarantee of it happening. It's welcome to happen, but don't raise your expectations in the desert.

Nothing much new here. I hear from one DD daily.....where the heck are my other kids. My son says "you may not hear from us much mom, but you're in our prayers." I'd LIKE to reply, "I pray all your efforts to get rich quick come true, so trust my prayers and don't count on anything from my will!" He doesn't answer his emails or texts, and you can't call because of his work hours. The other DDs do periodically contact me every week or two.

Hi Elaine. I'd feel better if I was going for my usual tests, but they've shelved me completely til the biopsy. I'm okay with not having the chemo if the cancer is essentially gone, as they said. But the med that controlled my blood disorder was stopped, too. And they WONDER why the red cells are now on strike? I'll feel this discomfort for the next couple of weeks, when they get back with me.
                Cookie, sorry about the bad restaurant experience. Check out new restaurants and its menus on the web for people's comments. I like very few western steak houses. We have one we love, "Daisy Mae's". Discovered it in S.V. First, but it branched out to Tucson. I like a steak that's really tender, and those people know grilling. Goes great with the baked potato & small salad, but I skip the beans which aren't to my taste. Nobody's perfect.
                Hi Beth & Cori.
                Maye, hope you get those bagworms under control soon.
                Darla, good luck on the sales. Doesn't sound like he's any help to you at all. You're ingesting all the stress, and shouldn't have to. No wonder you feel sick. Wishing you luck in your move.

To all, have a beautiful Monday!
                Last edited by JoGee; 08-15-2016, 10:04 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, Maxie....looks like we were typing together. I was slowest! 😄
                  Paula, your daycare kids are an adventure. Your own kids, impressive! You did good.

Maxie, am glad the birthday was a success. I like the train idea. I remember my brother's Lionel train....he took the engine
                  apart to see what made it run. He put it back together, and of course there were extra parts. It never got fixed.
                  I remember our first Xmas with E, we had a floor-to-ceiling pole lamp with a table on it. I created a "tree" with blue-green garland and fairy lights strung up and down on clips at the table and ceiling. I had toyland and nursery rhyme and cartoon ornaments attached with twisting wires on the vertical garland. I had cotton "snow" on the table, where E set up a small N-gauge train that ran its circuit. It was really beautiful and whimsical.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What a beautiful Christmas memory for you!

It is that, Maxie. The kids loved it! Their eyes shined every time they looked at it. And there was plenty of room under the 'tree's" table for their presents.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X