Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Aug. 14. Good morning

Good morning everyone.

Maxie, the rain has gone north and south of us. BUT not this time. It is raining nicely out there this morning. Haven't been out to see how much we've gotten, but it started yesterday evening, and there is flash flood warnings all around us.

Today our church is in charge of the services for a Homecoming activities at a small town south of us. It is always held in their small park, but today it looks like it will be held in the large Methodist Church over their.

Will be leaving after Church for the Lake since we won't have any church services tonight. Have to be back home by Tuesday afternoon. Just hope the rain lets up enough for the guy to check out my septic system over there. I've been waiting to get rain at the Lake so I can hear the raindrops on the camper roof. I love the sound of rain on a metal roof. It is so relaxing to me.

Time to get busy so everyone have a great day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 08-14-2016, 06:23 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning.

jostoy, sounds like a great day ahead for you. Rain on a metal roof doesn't do it for me. LOL

Made a cheese ball for church - got lazy - and all is ready to go. Now I have to get me ready.

Have a super day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning...ended up having a pretty good day yesterday...went to ikea with my family..cleaned my room...The tin foil on top of the fridge did the trick for keeping Cori down...we are not sure were she is right now but she has been out and made friends with my parents finally! She was with me earlier to get her wet food....

Today church and groceries...I might make brownies or snickerdoodles...

Tomarrow is work...and then we are having a huge family dinner...I have been wanting hamburger fajitas like my mom used to make when my sis and I were little...she has agreed to make them for us...I will do the prep work..chopping of the veggies and mom will cook it...my sis and her family will join us for supper and I will be on clean up...I wanted them so bad that I agreed to that..

Will probably spend my afternoon today on laundry reading and watching olympics

Comment

Raining here today also. Andrew wanted grilled pork steaks for his birthday dinner and we will grill in the rain. Fortunately we will eat in the dry house! For some reason I have been awake since 3:00 and instead of getting up and doing something, like cutting melons and cleaning strawberries and making dip or cleaning the bathroom, I laid in bed and worried about not sleeping! We shopped yesterday evening and Drew has jeans and new shoes for school. I wanted to look at coats but he refuses to think coats in summer. Wish he would have thought jeans a few weeks ago because we might have had a better choice but he is sized and I will make an internet order for additional pairs. He needs clothes for both here and home. Not much time to sit around this morning. Scott is making the trip in a day so will be leaving by 4:00 to get home for work tomorrow and I had better have my dips ready early for him to munch when he gets here. Jon decided not to make his stinky salsa but will take it nest weekend to my sisters. Good, then I do not have to smell it because her patio is a lot bigger than my kitchen! We accepted the porch bid and should start construction the first of September...subject of course, to weather. It is a rainy Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in my part of the world!

Comment

good morning ...

and we have had those wonderful rains .. that come on dark clouds .. rain like crazy for 15-20 min and move on... the grass is so green and high.. ( a son will show up Tues to mow)... Jostoy,, I too like the sound of rain on the medal roof.. our deck has the 12'x20' roof on.. when it rains. there is just enough of the sound in the house to be pleasant . however, then sun is back and proceeds to dry up everything . humidity climbs and you gotta get back inside to the a/c.

Elaine, Maxie.. I will be right over to help eat the cheese ball and the dips and munchies. now we need Beth and her fejitas.. and Get Sassygirl to bring some Coffee,or.ice tea.

the sore spot at tummy area is still nagging me... I think I must have "acid stomach"... will get a new bottle of Tums ( the ones in cupboard are about 4yrs old).

hope to do Nothing today.....the rest of the week will be a busy one. Have an appointment with a "knee" dr... for evaluation ...sometimes the knees work great and others when I can't trust them at all... at least I will get started with a qualified Dr.. in case I would need someone in a hurry someday..

hello to all who came in while I was day-dreaming my way through this .. hope you day is great ..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am bring coffee...And some sweet tea...

It is a beautiful morning here. Hot today, but perfect right now.
          Church then I am taking some food over to a friend. Her brother as killed Friday in a bike accident; he was hit by a car. It is Nader investigation. He was 52, the driver 17.
          I need to get ready for church and then cook.
          Rain would be nice, but we won't get any for awhile here.
          Stay safe, you all!

Comment

Good morning.
            Yesterday after the sun went down and the whole world outside our door looked black, there was lightning and thunder and a sprinkling of rain. 😊
            Today appears to be sunny, hot, & dry. 🌵 Isn't that just like the desert?

No plans today. Haven't read the paper yet. Remember when newspapers were delivered to your porch? Well, these days it's on the curb (or the end of the driveway off the sidewalk if you're lucky). Sometimes the smartass aims for under your car, and you need to move your car to get it, then put the car back. 😡

So, looks like you're busy for today. I need to contemplate new slacks. I like exercise pants for comfort. But need something low-rise so as not to interfere with the colostomy pouch. The pants I have now are suddenly very baggy.
            But I need to try them on. I don't want to shop today, though.

Guess I should grab something for breakfast.
            Have a a beautiful day, whatever you're doing.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Cloudy here. We had rain off & on yesterday for spurts of time. Then the sun would come out.

Where was I though??? In the kitchen. Ended up making 23 pies since the restaurant called & ordered a pie & carrot cake. Fortunately I had a naked carrot cake in the freezer & the crust for his pie in the freezer too, so it didn't take long to fill his order. Actually, it didn't take long to create all those pies since I already had the fillings & crusts pre-made. I did have to make a coconut cream pie, but that didn't take long. Blaise & I slipped over to the library while we were out delivering the restaurant's order. Went down to check the pool since we hadn't been down in a couple of days and boy the storms made a mess of it. I probably skimmed & cleaned for a good 45 minutes. I was dripping sweat. I never use to sweat like that. Pulled some weeds on the way back up & since I was sweating, the dirt stuck to me. Went directly to the shower. Had a relaxing evening.

This morning we went to church and then I delivered my pies. They still had 6 left from yesterday, so people have a nice variety today. While there a customer ordered a pie directly from me for Wednesday. Today is catch up day. Will clean & do some laundry. Probably need to pay a few bills too. Becca has to work later than she was originally suppose to, but I think we are still going up. May stop at Aldi's on the way up and get her some groceries.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, so now moving has been pushed back to the 2nd. We had talked to U-haul corp. and they said there was nothing they could do because this is a busy time. So yesterday started checking out the Budget and Penske places. The problem with getting one of those is the return. There isn't a return place close down there and the closest one is only open during the week and 1/2 day on Saturday. Since the girls both work through the week it just wouldn't make sense to rent and have to keep it an extra week before we could return it. That plus where the return places are would be an entire day to just return a truck. I even figured that the closest college town would have one, but no, you have to go all the way into MO to return them. Just aren't any "dealerships" in that area. Don't know if it is nerves or the heat that now has my stomach doing flip-flops but even the thought of putting something in it makes me feel the need to run to the bathroom. I keep telling myself that it will all work out, one way or the other, but then the "human" factor kicks in and I stress all over again. Didn't sleep good last night, just kind of catnapped on and off all night, couldn't come into the living room since of all things my fan stopped working yesterday, walked in and turned it on and nothing. So will have to take the one that is in the stand out and put the one out of the kitchen in it. But guess the fan has lasted for longer than ones now days would.

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm so sorry you are going through all this. BTDT more times than I like & I know EXACTLY how you are feeling...mentally & physically. This last time I cried more often than I'd like to admit. Fortunately it wasn't the moving company (u-haul) that caused the stress. Actually once I got the right dealer, things went great because I was dealing with good people that time. Got great discounts, extra days, and extra miles, but we were moving at the end of May & early June....it took 2 trucks.
              Working...
              X