Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and the ER

Thur .Evening

just a quick note.... I spent almost 4 hours in the ER today... and discovered I am absolutely healthy... Wonderful news..

I was in such pain.. left side, belt area.. for over 3 days.. finally gave in and let D. get me to ER... blood work. urine sample. Cat scan.
    and after scan results were in . Dr. came in .. ( great guy).. and said they show "nothing wrong".. no kidney stones. not extra lumps. no sign of obstruntion in Bowel...he said it sounded like muscle strain ???.. .I was thinking stomach ulcer. but there was no signs of that .. so he prescribed low doses of ibuprofen . for pain ..( did give me a scrip for vicoden ,few pills).. ...this evening . it is not as bad. but still there..
    I am to contact another Dr. ( he gave me phone number of next step dr.).. if it doesn't clear up by next Mon or tues. thank heavens for wonderful Daughter. who dropped her plans and drove us. handle the paper work. etc..

will see you all in the morning ..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Well booger. Ya know, you have a niece that would drop everything too. LOL! Glad it's nothing big & serious. So what kind of doctor is he wanting you to go to next?

Comment

I am so glad that they didn't find anything serious...(((Maye))).

Comment

I know the pain has to be bad for you to go to the ER.....hope you are feeling better before next week..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Aunt Maye, glad they didn't find anything serious. Strange how we can end up with muscle strain without thinking we did anything to cause it. Could you not just follow up with your PCP?

Comment

Janet, thank goodness you are totally healthy and fine! That's great news.
            Hope there are no returning pains. A few days of pampering yourself should do a lot of good.
            Maybe Donna will make you some soups to tide you over?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Glad you got a clean bill of health. But know you know you are healthy! Hope the pain resides soon.

Comment

Thank you ...

the next type dr. would be in gastroenterology... the cat scan could not see all the bowel loops..and there could be a "kink". or narrowed spot hidden..Darla .No sense to go back to PCP... she would only send me to someone too... who would want all the test run again.. this way my records are available to this Dr. office. all in the same Health system.as hospital.
                Jog. Donna is sooooo busy with pie orders .she doesn't what day of the week it is .... but I know she would have stopped and taken me

of course, either one of the sons would havebeen available. ( but hate to have them miss work)..

sharp pain has let up.. now its just a dull. weary. feeling ..
                Sharon so so right... it had to be really bad because I just did not want to go.!... but now I am glad because I did find out what I DON"T have.

Comment

Wow! So glad of how this turned out! Take it slower...I doubt you even know how to take it Easy!
                  Hugs!

Comment

Paula ...oh yes I do know how to take it easy... I read and read and read... I no longer clean like a fanatic every week.. things get swept, dusted. or washed. ..as the mood strikes me.. no pattern to my housework.. somehow the house looks fairly presentable . but I do like to read... My piano lesson giving days are about over.. think I will have 3 kids this winter.. but the two older girls may also decide they are too busy their senior year. I will miss giving lessons.. love seeing them learn. and I have had so many nice nice kids and wonderful families..

Comment

Working...
                    X