Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ♥ Thursday ~ 8/11 ♥

Good Morning. : Howdy to All Who Come By ♥ ♥ ♥

beth, join the crowd of people who are controlled by cats. I hate to sleep with my door shut, but if I get up to go to the bathroom around 4a, I shut the door and ignore the cat.

JoG, we are going through such similar circumstances here. John did infusion for 6 months, and now they have switched him to a shot (4X per month). Much easier.

sassy, whose cookie jars are you washing?

Not good days here. We hit 101 yesterday. We have had almost 1/2" of rain, which helped the grass, but not the people.

Hair cut and trash day here. Yay!

Have a good Day.

Ladyebug we must have been posting together...I deleted my thread and put it here...

Good morning...I am thinking that I am going to like the new job...still not enjoying the being up and active this early in the day...but thats what Saturdays and Sundays are for sleeping a bit later..At some point in the night Cori came and was wanting to play and attacking me I do know what time that was because I was able to ignore her... She has now had wet food and fresh water...I have a question...she doesn't always eat all the dry food...how often should I change that? will it get stale?

Working this morning...just watching more videos...still undecided about my new job coach...I can't really tell what she is going to be like and won't know until we actually get out on the floor doing work...

A new grocery store is opening today..I will check it out on my way home...its on my bus route home so I don't have to change buses or anything to get to it.

Comment

Ladybug...They are my mothers...

And there are still more...

It looked like another rainy day..I am glad that finish up with tha washinhg..

I do not like my door shut..It get too stiffy...Mine to run in and run out..And check on everyone to see there in bed..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

My kitty comes and goes as well unless there are other guest in the house then I try to confine her to my room...she is currently being very very vocal about something...probably the fact that mommy is already getting ready to leave the house.

Comment

Good Morning, am supposed to go out with Sheryle one last time today. Looks like rain anyhow. And I really need to get away from his "help" he won't do what I asked and tell me or set aside what he wants but is continually asking me "what are you going to do with that? Are you going to keep that? " Was going through drawers in the kitchen and handing him stuff not because I didn't know what it was but because I needed to know if it was something he was going to want to keep or if it would sell for little of nothing or if it was just garbage. He would tell me what it was and then stuff it into the drawer behind him that I haven't been through. I got so that I told him "I know what it is, do you want it or will it sell for a quarter or is it garbage?" Pulled 3 wooden handled "kitchen tools" out 2 can openers and a pasta cutter. He informed me that they are trash, but once I looked them up on ebay and told him that the bottle openers were going for $5 each and the pasta cutter was $15 he started about taking them to an antique store. Told him that we would have more luck and make more by putting them together for $20 on our own. The ebay listings were for antique stores and you know if they are offering something for $5 they want to only pay $2 or less for it. Found the cook booklet for the funky old pressure cooker that was here. I used it a couple of times but it doesn't have a pressure gauge so didn't really trust it plus it is hard to open since the lid fits down inside it and you have to tilt it just right to get it out. Put the booklet inside of it and will put $10 and hope someone buys it for "vintage"

Comment

Up early and showered and dressed too! Heading to St. Louis and meet the movers...finally! Jon did not leave KC yesterday until 8:00 and didn't get home until 1:00. He is sleeping. Damn movers had my niece in tears while she was on the highway driving home yesterday afternoon. So she called Jon and he called me and I called my sister and she called her husband and he called the dispatcher and the furniture will be delivered this morning. After being jerked around for days they called and said the furniture was going to storage! What ever happened to communication? My family has a great communication system! My sister and I will be there with Kate when the truck pulls up this morning and she may not have her closets filled but will have a bed to sleep in tonight. Needless to say this week has been full of moving drama and thank goodness Jon is on sick leave although work called him yesterday and ask him to come back. He still has stitches! Did listen to some news this morning and what a screwed up mess our politics are...I lived through the Cuban missile crisis and crawling under your school desk drills but I think this is by far the scariest mess our country has ever been in. Bet our world wide enemies are loving this crapfest. How did this happen? I do not understand how this happened... Oh well, off to the highway. Did all my errands yesterday and have a pot of green beans and potatoes in the crock pot. Going to be a hot one today. Have you listened to the night sounds? Summer will soon be gone.

Comment

Good Morning, have to make it a quick one, today I get my running boards put on my vehicle, so I need to get a shower, dry my hair, get dressed and out the door....I will leave it there for the day, will take it there and someone there will bring me home...always nice living in a town were people know you...Hubby is out of town, I told them I could find someone to bring me home, they said not to worry about it, they would.
              Not much happening here today except continue what I have been doing, dusting and cleaning out cabinets...Hope jostoy has seen and is getting help from nightstorm to get back to posting...she can read the board just not comment or post...

Have a great day one and all...they predict rain but it goes all around us, so sad to see everything so brown and dying...
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.....
                I guess yesterday left me in a bit of a funk. I'll be getting over it.
                Today will be busy. I have 2 appointments....morning at the AFB .......afternoon with my PCP. Hope he'll hold off on new meds til after the biopsy, and whatever the oncologist's decide.

Our rain has been overnight. Doesn't look like we'll have thunderstorms today. It's sunny. Yesterday did get to 90, so I expect much the same today. 🌵

Hope you all have a great day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

So this is where patience comes in: the 11 year old girl complaining to her mother about the 6 year old boy. Ugh! So I woke up to a text from her mother. Is it time for these guys to go to school, yet?
                  I haven't even read posts, yet. Here they are. I just had to vent.
                  Be back...of course, their day off is also cancelled and it is now a day on!!!

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday turned out very good. Kathy showed up and I ask her if she'd like to earn some money, so after her nap, she helped me for 2 hrs. Not that rolling dough & skinning peaches are her favorite thing to do, but for $10/hr she did them because she NEEDS the money. She's actually looking for a better job because it's dawned on her that they are now going to have to be responsible adults and pay bills. I told Corky this was a good thing. I started paying bills when I was 18...she's 22...it's about time. Blaise & I went down to the pool even though it was cloudy. It was still hot. After about a half an hour it began to rain and we eventually got out. Ten minutes later it began DUMPING rain and it rained & stormed off & on for the next 4 hrs. It's very steamy out there now.

This morning I'm doing more peaches and waiting on my new marble rolling pin to come so I can finish up rolling crusts for the rest of the week. Only 15-20 more to go. Need to bake 15 pies for tomorrow.

(((JoG))) We are here for you to listen, pray, and send hugs. BTW...thank you for the "extra". Have you been enjoying your treats? Like any of the extras?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Hi Cookie,
                      Yes, we've been slowly enjoying the treats. (Now that I'm in diabetes 2, and E is suddenly pre-diabetic, we are slowing down on the sugar & carbs. Darn doctors.). I think the most outstanding "extra", was the spicy chocolate. Was that chocolate gingerbread? That's my new favorite. Thanks. And you're welcome...you really deserve the "extra" I included.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
                        cookielady commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No....it's a gingersnap. We LOVE them.

You all are so busy! I hope Thursday is a good one and everyone's cats and dogs have a good day!
                      Sassy girl, how many cookie jars and what are your plans? What year's do they date back to ( what decades do you remember them from?)
                      I looked all over antique stores till I found one like the one we had when I was growing up.

Comment

Working...
                      X