Wednesday August 10 Good morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday August 10 Good morning

I have been awake since around 430 thanks to miss cori...I have been up since about 545. I leave for work in about 30 minutes or so...I think that I am going to really like my job once I learn the stuff I need to learn....Yesterday I was only supposed to do paper work and ended up being asked to work on the floor for a couple hours just so that I could kind of learn the lay of the store...I helped put new merchandise on the racks..it was not to bad at all...that is not what I will normally be doing...my normal job will be to help prep the racks for new merchandise on a daily basis...again not so bad.

I walked across the parking lot and got some lunch at McDonalds...then caught the bus home...I may or may not do the same again today...it all depends on my timing and how I feel after I get off work...

Church this evening....or a quiet evening of reading depends...

Bethina our cats seem to have their own schedule which seems to change daily, mine also like to wake me early one of the reasons I started closing our bedroom door at night..

Not much happening here today, still working on cleaning my desk and file drawers...hubby wants me to keep everything, I say it needs to stop...

Had beef and noodles for dinner last night, only used 8 oz. of noodles but it made way to much so will be sending some friends a message to come and get a bowl of noodles..

Way humid out there this morning, the windows were covered with moisture on the outside...our summer is fading away and we still need rain....have not got to enjoy my yard, flowers, etc. this year, everything brown and dying.

Thinking of JoG and hoping this round of chemo will go good for her.

I hope jostoy sees the reponse from nightstorm and they can find out the problem and she will get back with us...

Have a great day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler, I was just thinking "Jostoy would know that" so hope she gets back. Was listening to the radio when "Bad Moon on the Rise" came on and remembered that hrhouse's girls used to annoy her by singing it "There's a bathroom on the right" so wondered how she and Jr are doing,

good morning

dau. Karen and I have appointment at the Jazzy Nails to have pedicures this morning .. love pedicures.. not feeling great in the tummy ,, ( too much ibuprofen ?)..so hoping I can make it ..maybe getting out of house, being with female company ,, will do me good. . I loved being at Donna's yesterday...

will check in again when I get home..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye,You will..You need a girl day out..And have great time too..

Good Morning, went through some of the kitchen drawers yesterday, Have some small "junky" stuff tossed in a bowl and I'm gonna set it out on a .05 cent and see how it goes. The kind of stuff that my Mom would have picked through and found something she just had to have. Also kept finding myself arguing with My Mom and his Mom in my head when I would toss something in the trash bag. They were both raised rather poor and were depression era people and so saved everything, broken crayons, broken pencils, screws out of who knows what, you get the picture. Found lots of rubber bands that were shot, pull on them and they just snap. In my brain I could hear both their voices "Somebody may NEED that someday" Did come up with an interesting find, a dance card for a 1950 high school prom. Have no idea where his Mom came up with it from since I know that she went to school in KY and not sure that she went very far in high school. Found a facebook page from that high school and posted that I have it and put out feelers to see if I can sell it. Went through the cast iron and put back what I want, Left the rest sitting out so he can decide what he wants to keep.

He went to the gastro Dr. yesterday and is to have a scope done, asked me if I could wait another week to leave. Told him no that since Charlotte is trying to get her hubby in respite care so she can come with the girls it has to be when we have set up. so he will have to find someone else to go with him since he has to have a driver. That or he may have to just go into the hospital for a couple of days and get all the test done while he is there. He sees the cancer Dr. on Friday and I'm sure he is going to want test too.

Comment

Good morning Beth, Boffler, and Maye. I usually find a lot more here in the morning.

Not much to report except we will be back in the 100s after tomorrow.

Will go for coffee and donuts at the rec room but will probably bring my own coffee as I got a new Keurig and I'm still figuring out how to use it. I understand the process it's getting the right amount of coffee into the little cup. I just can't justify buying the K cups. Too expensive and too much in the trash. found a place that I can order much cheaper and they recycle. Right now I will continue as I am.
      Manager, Mike makes excellent coffee but I will make my own 'cause I'm still trying out the process.

Have a pork chop thawed for my dinner and a small sweet potato to go with it. Ho hum. Not really awake yet so will just wish all a great day.

Comment

Hi, Darla, we were posting at the same time.

Comment

Good morning. I am getting later and later mornings. Have the entire house to myself which hasn't happened for a couple of weeks. Niece called in tears yesterday and is being jerked around by her movers always changing days and times and this is a reputable moving company. Anyway she has to be in St. Louis by 7:00 this evening and movers will not give her a definite time so Jon drove to KC last night to be there if she has to leave before movers decide to show and then load and drive cross state. My boys and Kate are very close so it is like his going to help a sister when she called. Great that he is on sick leave. He can't lift but kept her company last night since she has had the internet and cable shut off yesterday since they were suppose to move her Tuesday, then Wednesday morning, then Wednesday afternoon and on and on. Andrew cut grass last night so yard looks nice. Need to run home today and do some banking. Buy some stamps and mail bills. Think I might stop at the old local grocer and check out meat. That IGA has the best meat! Never did get a hair appointment made. Another sunny morning and heat is suppose to be back on. School starts next week. Bummer....I hate having to do homework again.

Comment

It is New Child/ Good bye to Kindergartener Day...tears, smiles, lots of toys out ( as she tries out everything)!
            But, the words: When you clean up, we will go outside, did the trick and the other kids helped her see where to put things back.
            This is one of the Tests of Patience days.
            Our temps are going up again. The school kids are in the pool every day. By the time daycare is over I usually have errands and dinner and very seldom swim in the evening. I always think I will...somehow my book and bed wins!
            Darla, I have another fundraiser yard sale coming up for a friend's son eye surgery. I just need to go through my kitchen drawers, too. I have too many utensils. Pans, too.
            Thinking of Jo and this next chemo round and all the rest of you.
            Stay strong and keep hold of your friends!

Comment

Good afteernoon everyone...

the time just fly by for me..

Trying to clean house...I had too much help to day..

And clean all those cookie jars..There are so many of them..

I wish there little fairy...And swing it little wand...It is clean..And supper it is done..lol.

I can dream...lol..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Aloha all!

Comment

Hi everyone.
                  Today I'm tired, though I had to wait only 20 minutes for labs to get me and do my port. Saw my doctor after a 30 minute wait. Ellis wrote what a convoluted mess things are, and I'm glad he said it with a gentler outlook. (See his post in th the Family Room.). Today I feel more let down than anything --- but, it WILL pass, I promise. The doctor-people have changed my calendar (I think I still have some cancellations to make anyway.) so I can get the bone marrow test redone.
                  So, today I didn't get my chemo infusion, We're changing course in mid-stream to take care of more serious problems which have emerged. With me, nothing seems simple. Maybe I'll go take a nap now.

So, that's my input for today.
                  Paula, Sharon, and anyone else.... Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts.
                  Last edited by JoGee; 08-10-2016, 07:02 PM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X