Finding Chemo Round Three

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Chemo Round Three

Well I don't know how much longer I can take caring for Grandma/Mom/Aunt/Jo. Her leg is mostly healed now so she is walking without the need of the wheelchair or walker. All she needs now is her cane or, darn it, a shopping cart. She races around the store now like she was going to make up for the past four and a half months of no shopping.

She even traipsed outside and put fertilizer around our heat stressed trees without so much as a "May I?"

And she now sashays into MY kitchen like she owned it; making soup with chicken broth, noodles and cut carrots and celery. Was the Progresso vegetable or tomato bisque I offered all that bad? One day she even made pulled pork with barbecue sauce sandwiches as if to say that four months of Healthy Choice haute cuisine wasn't good enough.

And yesterday she barged into MY laundry room and threw some recently worn garment in with the clothes I had been marinating until I had a full load. It's not my fault the load wasn't full. She's the one who insists that when we wash the colored clothes we separate the blue and greens into one load and the red and yellows into another. (It's something about not having all our colors turning out forest green or royal purple I think.) So she just puts in her stuff and then washes and dries the clothes like she doesn't have to get my okay! And I haven't even turned all the whites into pinks yet.

It's gotten so she thinks she can go back to the way it used to be before the surgery, cellulitis and chemo.

Ain't it grand?

Grandpa/Dad/Uncle/Ellis
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Oh, my gosh?!
    Could you volunteer or hire out to write for all those talking constantly to us from convention sites around the country?
    You two are the best example of working it out together'
    I will be checking back to grin a bit...

Comment

Thanks, Paula. That is a huge compliment. So, MANY thanks.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Love it, Glad he listens about the sorting of laundry, don't know why but most men, and some women, just throw everything in together. I sort the way my Mom taught me which maybe a bit different than yours but basically the same way

Comment

Love his sense of humor. Glad you can zip around with a shopping cart.

Comment

Ellis, that was great. So glad Jo is doing better.

Comment

Darla, I usually do reds by themselves, but when we are using up the older clothes....they no longer run colors.... then I put those together. Come the day we buy new things in those colors, he will be flustered because they will again be separated.
              Aside from colors, there's the heavy fabrics and towels that are separated. And he had to let it sink in that delicate fabrics do not go in with those, even if they're the same color. And what does NOT go into the dryer. He's a real trooper about it.

Barb, I didn't think I was "zipping around", but I don't stop in one place for long. He goes off to find things on the list, then has to locate me in the store.

Hi Nalani. Thanks. With the swelling down in my feet, I'm getting around much better. Hardly any pain/discomfort or toe numbness at all now. The chemo doesn't bother me, except I'll need a nap while on the meds.

Today E woke under the weather. Didn't say a word about it. Just went to his appointment and came home. We had Tomato Bisque with some small shell pasta for lunch. I did make a big pan on Mac Salad today, so that and pulled pork pitas will E for supper tonight. He was going to go out and pick up his frozen cuisine for dinner, but it's totally unnessary!
              It'll give him time off his feet for a bit.
              Last edited by JoGee; 07-26-2016, 03:19 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I love the way Ellis views things, makes it so enjoyable to read without all the doom and gloom that goes with having something wrong with you...
                He is "the man", you are very fortunate to have found such a wonderful and loving man, I know what a great feeling that is...
                He sure has a way with words.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                X