X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 26 July

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..Early bird get the worm

Going the the store this morning ..And puck up few thigs..Ran out of Thank-you cards...

this is funny pic..

Good Morning. :

Hi sassy! I don't want a worm, but I might take a pancake.

Super hot and dry down here. Never see anybody outside in the hood. Miserable weather.

Stay at home day for us. I am doing laundry and scrubbing down bathrooms.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Ladybug....OK..I have the butter for those pancakes..

Good Morning! It's so good to be back "home". Missed you all yesterday.

Yesterday was up in the 90's and the heat index said 101 which is HOT for us, but that didn't stop us.

Blaise started VBS at a church just 3 minutes from here. I spent the morning doing paperwork while he was gone. We eventually went down to the pool which was wonderful. Cooked a nice dinner since I kind of slacked off during the weekend. My SIL called and asked if we'd like to go to the Pet Parade in Saxonburg...it's carnival week. Well Blaise was so excited! He freaked out afterwards when the people with pets started walking back down afterwards on the sidewalk with their pets...specifically DOGS. He was petrified. We went down to the carnival after the parade and those same people were there too...disaster. We won't be doing that again.

Oh...the drama of the day...Becca called. The night before when I texted her asking how her 12 hr day went, she said BAD. Well apparently one of the roommates that hasn't moved in yet has decided he can't. He had a major fight with one of the other girl roommates and can't see living there now. Fine. He signed a lease though. Well the landlord was going to let him out of it. If he does that, that means the rent will go up $100/mo for each of them and when Becca leaves after December, it'll go up more. Becca called the landlord and told him those two girls can't afford $600/mo come January, so he either doesn't let the guy out of the lease that he signed or he let's them all out of the lease so they can find some place they can afford. He had to call his lawyer. She called later and the deal is still $400/mo each and come January he'd leave it at $400/ea or they can call break the lease and leave. Now they have a decision to make. Personally Becca would like to leave and live in Grove City with one of her co-workers where she's at this summer. She only has classes 3 days this semester, so the commute of 15-20 minutes wouldn't be bad. We'll see.

After dropping him off this morning I'm heading into Aldi's to get a few supplies then coming home & mixing up some more cookie dough. I have a couple more orders now. More sugar cookies & cherry choc cookies. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Swimming of course somewhere along the line. Thawed a whole chicken yesterday, so may roast it today.

Thanks again Scott!

Have a good one all!

Comment

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Morning all!

HUGE thanks to Scott for getting us back in working order!

Back to work today. Chris and I decided to ride out to the beach yesterday evening after the rain cleared. Our intent was to eat dinner by the county pier at a little place we love called Hook'd Pier Bar and Grill. Lord have mercy, we couldn't find a parking place! So we decided on Red Robin, since Chris had to collect his birthday burger. I had a HUGE strawberry milkshake and it was heavenly!

Today will be blustery - double red flags on the beaches meaning STAY OUT OF THE WATER! Rip currents are very dangerous right now. You will actually be arrested if they catch you in the water when double red flags are flying.

So I'm off to do a little bookkeeping and do the daily reports. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pat..True...LOL..

Good Morning to all...sassygirl, like the self portrait, I am Lion here me roar, LOL

Well the reunion went GREAT, well over 150 showed up, more food than a person could imagine, the place we camped was really close to everything, two of my children and their SO's came and spent the night with us in the motorhome. A busy, busy time, and a lot of work also...having the community center building was a big plus because it was so hot outside...trip back safely, spent yesterday just relaxing....today have some sheets and towels from the motorhome to do and our laundry...also have a Drs. appt. this afternoon...time to pay some bills and make a grocery list. Going to read the news, drink my coffee, then get busy.

Thanks Scott for getting us back up and together, amazing how lost we feel when we can't get here...

Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Boffler..thank-you...lol..

Good morning...Cori decided to start her whining at around 1ish...I gave her a bit of dry food and few pats...was able to go back to sleep until 6ish...then she wouldn't stop crying...I don't have wet food that she will eat...only dry..so I gave her some regular tuna....mom seems to think she is over being scared and starving herself. She has now had all the attention she wants and had a good breakfast..she knows I am getting ready to leave and she doesn't like that so she is hiding and pouting...She is really going to be mad at me when I get home and run the sweeper..I think that I will use the littler one..its not so loud. I would say we are adjusting well to each other...

I went on the bus yesterday to get some groceries took the entire day! :l

Volunteer today..nap this afternoon.

My parents will be in town for the day tomorrow..other than a trip to the pet store to get the right food for Cori and maybe a movie...and church I have no plans for tomorrow.

Can some one please snag my picture of Coriander from my facebook and put it here for the others to see?

Comment

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        Beth, I tried but could only copy the link location, will try something else in a bit and see if I can copy the picture

Good Morning .

up and moving slow ..David wants to go to Sam's club. up the road about 14 miles.. sometime this morning ..I want, to stay home. but I want to drive him there. his bad ( cataract) eye and numb right hand .worry me when he drives in congested traffic.

Must have been really scary for Blaise
      SassyG... love the picture .. true to life. as we sometimes see ourselves different too.
      Sharon ... sounds like one great trip!... did you take lots of pictures.?.
      Hi, Pat. Elaine amd Bethina...

HiJusty
      ~~~~ Paula..

and be back to read what all the rest of you write today.

and another big thank you to Scott!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,Thank-you..That is so true..Just like super hero..

Good Morning, heat seems to be moving in. He said something about going to the store to get milk and cat food. The beagle is still hanging around the yard, not sure if she belongs next door or what, but around 2 this morning she was sitting on their porch barking. Sure hope she doesn't belong there, those kids are not dog friendly and will be mean to her. I have had to yell at them over Fred and the neighbor on the other side of them has yelled at them over her dog. Poking things through the fences at them, throwing things over her fence at hers. She made them come into her yard and pick up the rocks and sticks that they had thrown, since hers is a 3 foot chainlink they can see her dog and throw things over. Ours is a 6 foot wooden so they have to poke things through at Fred.

Comment

☕️ Good Morning.

🌵 Still 20% chance of rain here, & going to 102°. I still see sunshine despite the clouds, which will drift away as the day heats up.

An at-home day for me. E has to go for fasting labs, but that won't take long. I need to send a MyChart note to my oncologist/hematologist today, and get his take on the diabetes business. I think my blood stats are more from the blood disorder than from the disease....I've been told that for quite a while. Years. I had two calls yesterday, one from the PCP, and one from his nurse. The PCP sounded panicked until I reminded him I have the blood disorder. His nurse, more understanding and calm, said she just had to document what I told him...si I said yes, I'd make an appointment ASAP after talking to the other Doctor about it.

E sent out my medical update to family/friends, written in his funny fashion. I should probably post it for you. Oh, I think I said I'm halfway through chemo. Not yet. Having readjusted my electronic little calendar through November, I got confused. It can sometimes be a bit of a problem getting a doctor right on schedule, which gives me extra days in the non-med portion between treatments. It might stabilize soon. These doc's have offices at 2-3 different hospital areas. I think my cancer doc is planning to spent a bit more time in our area so these lapses won't occur...at least not often.

E took me out to dinner last night. The near-home restaurant turned out to be closed and now for lease. That surprised us. But I think they were a bit pricy for this area. So we went elsewhere. I made the mistake of ordering lemonade. I forgot the chemo effect and my throat felt like it was closing up. The waitress quickly swapped the lemonade for hot tea. That helped a lot! I got fish & chips (frys, actually), E had the tilapia. It was good. I brought half home. He cleaned his plate. We had pie for dessert....I had peach, E had triple berry.

We will be leaving for a long weekend in Phx, Friday thru Monday. Got stuff to take to the kids. And their kids.
        One DD sent me a pic of her HS daughter, whose school is working with a medical facility to teach these kids medical training while attending HS. (Why didn't they have these programs when WE were kids.) They cover all aspects of medical stuff....she's going into Medical Assistant, but there's also Dental and several other areas as well. I barely recognized my own granddaughter in her medical scrubs and in her work environment! Wow!!! (Part has to do with the fact, I think, that her hair is now reddish, not brunette any more.)

Everything else remains pretty much the same. As soon as E leaves, I plan to make some macaroni salad. Gotta find my gloves for the frozen peas. And to help me handle the eggs from fridge. I also bought potatoes for another day, to make potato pancakes. The restaurants all serve them fairly thick, and they're like hash browns to me. I make them thin, crepe style. That, to me, is the very best way to serve them.

Hoping you all have a very good day. 🤗
        Scott, thanks again!!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee..We reach our "HIGH" 97..And that was too hot...

Good morning! I am posting and reading later. I have a doctor appointment ( routine) and need to get going.
        Stuart and family are headed down. As the temperatures have gone up our plans have changed. I am just texting back Ok every time he texts or asks something ( do I have beach towels? Me, sweetly texting, Yes...him: for the beach, not the bath?.. I went out to the patio and took a picture of my 10 beach/ pool towels and texted it back.
        And I am not even trying to think which one of them this is coming from.)
        But I am so happy they are coming here and I am not doing the driving or flying there.
        Huge thanks to Scott for getting us back up.
        See you all later!

Comment

Aloha all!

Think I missed a couple of days but no reason at all except for yesterday. Had trouble with blurry vision (ok Now) So called the eye doctor and will leave in a few minutes to see him.

Hot and muggy here.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
          X