Sunday ~ July 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ July 24

Morning all Guess where I am? That's right! Work!

But the good news is that we start having every other weekend off starting next weekend - and I get the first one off! YAY!

Tourist land is slowing down tremendously since people are staying home - football practice, band practice, cheerleading practice, etc. etc. prevents them from traveling with kids - even though most schools don't start until mid-August. We aren't super busy again until Labor Day weekend (and I have a 3-day weekend then too!)

Working until 2pm and then heading home to figure out supper. Chris brought home fresh cod last night and we had homemade fish and chips - biggest problem was the batter stuck to the fryer basket! We gotta figure out how to prevent that in the future!

I made a Pea Pickin' Cake (or a Pig Pickin' Cake depending on where you're from) the other day - it was light and moist! I'd forgotten how great they are in the summer. If anyone wants the recipe, I will post it in the kitchen.

So I'm off to run reports and make out deposits. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning .

early for me ... was up at 5.30... reluctantly... the phone text message chimed in at 1.30am. Mike ,Pam were home in CO.. then I went to sleep..
    but David got up early and had to chat , loudly , with the cat... Mark arrived to have morning coffee with us...
    so the house is quiet again. Pam did all the laundry up. and swept and clean their area so house looks good.. looking forward to reading .
    .... making list of to-do projects for the coming week... .

Pat.. the school activities start in early Aug here too.. ... the Coaches, band director get the kids First. ..and I found their "authority " is law... ...

HI Paula, Justy

Nalani.. hope you are tucked in safely... see you are getting the Darby effects ... lots of Rain..

Hi Elaine, JoG.. Bethina, Jassygirl.. and all you sleepy heads... see you later gang!
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

It was pretty hot out there shooting. But there was only 3 of us, so it wasn't too bad. At least it wasn't like 10 people having to shoot those 30 rounds. We got a chance to "practice" shoot from the 10 yard line with 10 rounds. Since everyone hit the target, that was the end of practice. I hadn't shot a gun , except 3 rounds in a gun I never liked, since I retired from my job. I did trade that gun in for my gun that I have now, which is a 22 hammerless revolver. The other 2, who were husband and wife, shot a single action long barrel 22. I can't be bothered with a single action gun.

Anyway, we all passed the written and shooting with "flying colors". The other couple were very nice people in their late 30's. We did have fun with the class and Jason, the instructor , laughed along with us.

Today is to be another heat advisory, but I don't think as bad as yesterday. Yesterday at 1:30 p.m. it was 115 heat index with 99 being the actual temp. Church today and then home for the rest of the day. No Church tonight as VBS starts this evening.

Everyone have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning. :

Pat, I would love the recipe.

I LOVE fish and chips. My favorite thing ever! I have some cod in the freezer. Wonder if I should risk making a mess of it?

Got my dish ready for church. Now to get me ready.

Hi Janet!

Hot hot hot here.

Have a super Sunday, Friends.

Comment

Good morning.
          Looks like the weatherman boosted chance of rain to 30% today, 40% tomorrow. We'll see if we're lucky enough to be where it falls. It'll be 102° today, which is a bit down from where it was.
          Nothing much going on today. Will be reading the paper, cutting coupons.
          Surprisingly, E's up early today...very early for him.
          We have to be up very early tomorrow, too. We have an hour's drive to get me to my DEXA/bone density tests by 8:30a.

Hi Pat, Maye, Jostoy, Elaine, ........and all who follow.
          Have a wonderful day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning Cori had me up at 4:00 she sent stuff crashing from a high shelf...scared her mommy and herself! once she calmed down I was able to lay down and she layed close and I fell back to sleep. I am beginning to leave my bed room door open now If I am going to be home...she will go out when she is ready..! She is so sweet...just doesn't understand why her mommy isn't a morning person...usually if I wake up enough to give her some attention then she will settle back down...

I am headed to the store in just a minute then home to get ready for Bible Study...our lunch today is a breakfast theme..must go find something to fit that theme.

Comment

Good morning, all. 106º forecast for the high again today. I foresee a lot of indoor time for me. I used to truly love summer but it is getting too hot for me now. Probably because the old swimmin' holes are gone or closed of with no trespassing signs. I don't drive any more so I couldn't get to one anyway.

Even though I have wonderful A/C I still have little urge to cook. Made myself a small pan of stir-fried chicken and sugar snaps. Sure would like to find out how they made the sauce for the last chicken and asparagus I had in our favorite Chinese restaurant. It was a clear sauce but very flavorful.

Pat I have made the Pig Pickin' Cake a number of times because we used to do a Pig Pickin' BBQ. Everybody loved it. Maybe I'll make it for a potluck here soon.

Beth it looks like you're having a great time with your new kitty. She will probably stop knocking things down when she gets a bit older.

About all for me for now. Have a lovely day.

Comment

Good Morning, have been up since about 4:30 with stomach feeling yucky, most likely nerves.

JoGee, I know about the perscription help but can't do anything right now, have to wait until I get to IL and then it is going to be a matter of finding a Dr. willing to give me a script without wanting to see me every month. The insurance I have now is only good in IN, it isn't considered as medicaid but has the same benifits, I pay $12 per year. The governor here in IN didn't want to have to put all low income people on the medicaid so he came up with what is called HIP. I don't think IL has such a plan and from what I'm reading for over there you have to be getting SSI, SSD or be pregnant in order to get any such help. I am hoping that since IN has decided that I am medically frail (meaning that with my medical conditions, not having treatment will lead to worse problems or death) that IL will step up and have something like that over there. My Doctor here in IN is on the state board that has pushed the HIP through, he said it is just stupid to not cover people who need to be covered until they have a stroke or something that will cause them to be completely disabled and cost much more to treat. My sister lives in a small area and there are no low income clinics close to where she is, I'm pretty sure that the closest would be 2 to 3 hours away either direction, which would mean having to have someone able to spend the day to take me there, since everyone is working, and she is left without a car, even if she did have a car she has her husband and grandkids to care for. So I'm just kind of going to be in limbo for awhile trying to figure out how and where to get help. I am really praying that I get my SSI approved since that will solve the problem of medical care. But the whole SSI thing is another pet peeve of mine. I know people who have never worked, or worked very little to pay in to SS and they are drawing. Can't get SSD because I have not worked enough quarters for it. (you have to work so many in the last so many years).

Oh well God has kept me alive for this long for some reason, guess he will keep me alive until he is done with me.

Comment

Well shoot....I thought I posted. Anyways...good morning!

Yesterday was a busy one & I actually had the energy & wasn't just dragging along getting things done. We burned one of the couches Kathy brought back with her. It was ratty & I was tired of the mess in the garage. After it was out of there, I could stack things more neatly on the remaining couch. We can now walk through. I also pitched things laying around. I had ask her several times to go down there & clean up and she didn't, so when I do it, things disappear. She was warned! I love pitching. Also cleaned up other areas downstairs & it feels good. Tried a new recipe I found on FB for Ritz PB cheesecakes made in cupcake tins. Turned out good. Will serve them today at my Norwex party I'm hosting. My SIL & niece came over for a swim during the afternoon. The water was a perfect 86 degrees. Warm enough that it didn't take my breath away when I went in but cool enough.

Went to church only this morning. Cork has a noon golf lesson to give. I'm getting the house & food ready for the party. Not many coming, but sometimes that works out better because you feel more comfortable asking questions. Will cook Cork a decent dinner....maybe. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am up and dressed and hair half done...no breakfast, yet. That cake is one I have heard of, Pat, but never tried. Next Sunday is a pot luck after church, so I think I will make and take it. Then no worries about cake calling to me!
                    Hot here, but right now, it is 70'and I have the windows and doors open. My new car doesn't show the temperature as prominent,y as the van did and I don't focus on it like I used to.
                    I love the new flooring and got a new area rug to go with the look. Our new tv stand is all in place and TV was back hooked up right away. Becky did it all with just a little help from me in moving the glass top coffee table out.
                    Church and then my mom is coming over to see my floor. I love a quiet day at home!
                    Jostoy, I don't own a gun, but I want to go to a gun range and try shooting. I have daycare parents who started a gun shop, with lessons, etc. Down Range in Chico, Ca.
                    I better get going. It is just so nice to sit and visit!
                    Have a good day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Storm has moved on and it's mainly overcast now, but we did get a lot of much needed rain and very little rain. Tomorrow they will allow us to move stuff back on our lanais.

All of you who are under that heat dome please try and stay cool and drink plenty of fluids.

Pat, I don't know what that cake is but will check the kitchen and see. Don't have a kitchen anymore so can't make it. There are times I wish I had gotten an apartment with kitchens but they are more expensive so I didn't.

Beth, I am chuckling at the mischief your new little kitty gets into. She will settle down when she is older.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X