Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...July 23

Good morning everyone.

Seems a little lonesome in here. But I got my coffee so I guess I'm doing O.K. Up earlier than I wanted to be. Set my alarm for 6:30, but my inner alarm went off at 3:20. Got a call yesterday from the firearms instructor that the shoot will be this morning. That's is fine with me.

Stopped on the way back from T.H. and got a water melon and a muskmelon. Still have to clean the melon as I want to take some with me today. Sure smells good and can taste it now. Probably have some for my breakfast as well.

Got the Milky Spore spread yesterday evening, so that job is done and waiting for the rain to put in the ground. Can't mow until it is in the ground.

Not a lot of information to pass on from this household, so everyone have a great day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning all

It's my weekend to work - hopefully this is the last big weekend until Labor Day!

Got all the reports printed and am ready for the busy day to begin.

Yesterday was a good day - got all my chores done early and then relaxed until Chris came home. We grilled out and then went to see a friend's band play downtown. We had an afternoon thunderstorm and it cooled things off considerably so it was very pleasant sitting outside listening to them play.

So I'm off for another cup of coffee. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...its a good good thing that Coriander the kitty is cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She decided we needed a play time at 2:00 this morning and knocked my lamp the floor...I don't use it and it still works so I will put it out in the main room...I am completely ready to move her litter box out of my room...I was trying to go back to sleep and she was making noise in her little box for atleast a half hour....She hasn't eaten anything yet...and is back to sleep...she found the shelves in my head board and loves the ones that are just above my head! She loves loves loves attention and is a fool for it and begs for it at times....in the night I was sitting on the edge of the bed trying to wake a bit before I got out of the bed and she was petting herself on my feet.

Plans for today...need to run to the store...will spend the biggest part of the day with Cori....then this evening I have a pool party with church...

Comment

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        Beth welcome to "motherhood" cats like babies don't live according to your schedule and they want what they want NOW

good morning

everyone here up early . moving around, coffee. bagels. etc etc... this is the day Mikes fly home to CO...early evening flight out of Pittsburgh..
      so Pam is doing laundry. gathering up, packing . she always leaves the place neat and tidy...

so hot and humid... David back is really acting up.. so he prefers to set in the recliner.. so the guys are stuck in the house with him.. Mark has been here , said his goodbyes .

so I will leave here for a bit.. will be back to see whats happening in your world.. its been a busy 8 days..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends.

No news from this household either.

Just made John some biscuits and they are in the oven, so that is taken care of. Hunting for something in the freezer to cook. Nothing appeals.

My friend Jan called at 6:30a yesterday. She had fallen outside and had wormed her way back into the house but was unable to get off the floor. My # is the only one she has memorized, so I got the call.
        I was getting ready for therapy and knew I couldn't lift her, but I could not leave her there alone. I drove to Mt. Vernon just to figure out what to do. When I got there she was on the phone with 911 but cancelled the call when I came in. Within 10 minutes a policeman and a fireman arrived. They showed me how to lift her, but I could not have done it. She is much taller than I.

Anyway, they put her in her chair and left. She wanted to go to lunch with friends, and so I met them at noon. In the cafe sat the entire police and sheriff's dept. I know they were thinking that this was very odd. Could not get up in the a.m. and at noon out to eat??????

Anyway, she has fallen quite a lot lately (86 y/o) but cannot lift herself. Once she is in a chair she can pop up like nothing happened.

Well, the buzzer is going off.

Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning, everyone!
          So nice see Judy Garcia posting here yesterday! Hi Judy!

Yesterday an unusual thing happened to me at the grocery store. E was trying to find a few things for me, so I found myself alone in the frozen food section. Oh, my fingertips did sizzle from the chemo meds even though I grabbed the bags of veggies by the smallest bit of the bags' corner. E returned eventually, and asked me something, but I couldn't move my mouth, so he couldn't understand me. So the cold section of the store affected that, too. So I indicated to him somehow that I needed to go stand in the sunshine, and he could check out and pay. That was really a weird experience for me. I guess I don't shop on chemo-med days. A couple weeks, and I'm halfway through this.

No plans for today, I think. E's brother broke his hip, so we can check on him today. I hope his daughters can keep up with the needs. Their mom is crippled with arthritis, and constantly in a wheelchair.

E ordered a body-length pillow for me, like a big fluffy hairpin. I like it. Now I don't need the travel pillows to tuck under my tummy or back. The new pillow takes care of my sleeping problems and saves more body heat for me, too.

I do have a few notes to write out today. I should get to that.

So, nothing really new happening here. Even the weather is looking the same....rain doubtful for a while, but still forecasted at a low number. 🌵

Have a great day! ☕️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, supposed to be hot here again today, don't know what will be. Kenny's Dr.s appointment is scaring him, truthfully it scares me too, As much of an a$$ as he is I do still love him. I told him that he has taken everything out of my hands, now he said something about figuring out how I can stay. Call me a fool but it does hurt to think about the fact that he is going to have to go through everything by himself. Had a long talk with myself that he isn't going to change and so I need to let the chips fall where they may. Have been telling him for a very long time about cutting his nose off to spite his face and Karma is a B**** but he is so much smarter than everyone else. Oh well, don't think he will get anywhere with his "plan" to keep the house which would be the only way I could even think about staying.
            Had a long talk with Maryanne this morning, gave her the heads up that he may think that she will offer to let him stay with her, she said that there is no way. She is one of those who is worried about what looks proper, plus she knows how he is. Her health isn't good enough either, so she knows that even if she was so inclined that she couldn't do it.. She said that he has painted himself into this corner and will have to figure it out on his own.

Sun is now peeking out and I can feel the temp going up. Well everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday morning was cloudy and it finally produced some rain. It rained for probably 2 hrs, which was wonderful.

Yesterday was good. FINALLY got all the sugar cookies iced and that messed cleaned up. That's a big mess with all the icings and their bowls & bags plus all the sugars & decorative things. Took Blaise to the library for a while. Started cleaning to prepare for my Norwex party I'm hosting tomorrow afternoon. Blaise & I went to the VBS picnic and had a good time.

Not sure what all today will bring. I've already got a load of laundry going & pulled some weeds. Need to do some more cleaning too. Didn't do much of that this week while baking all those cookies.

Just had some fun pitching. Cork just burned one of the two couches Kathy brought back with her. I then tackled & cleaned the area it left. Feels good!

Back to work....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! My week off has started and my floor was finished by 5:45 yesterday.
                Maye, I love the smell of cut wood. I got most everything I want back in place. I am taking a ton of books to donation and shredding papers. Old papers...
                Jo, good thing you could still stand and able to make your way outside. I will be thinking of you when I go through the frozen aisle...I take my time to cool off!
                I have a pedicure this afternoon and on Monday a nail appointment in the Afternoon. Usually I have evening appointments because of work but I can go in with regular clientele. Fun to see who all is there and catch up on what's going on.
                This weekend starts our temps going back into the hot zone: 106 today. I have my water glass chilled and ready. I need to go make my morning smoothie. Protein powder and I add the matcha ( green tea leaves) and some lemon.
                Beth, your kitty sounds so cute! We had a tortoise shell back when my kids were growing up. And I know what you mean about the litter box! My cat uses his every morning around 5:00am. Who needs an alarm clock?
                Donna, how far are you and Maye from Baltimore? I just realized when Spencer moves there and I visit I could possibly be close enough to meet you guys in person...
                When I first heard about Round Ups I thought it sounded great but I thought I would be too nervous about meeting all of you. Now I feel like I already know you and what was I nervous about, anyway?!
                Hope you all have a relaxing, no drama, day!

Comment

• cookielady
                  cookielady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We would LOVE to have you visit. I looked it up, and driving we'd be about 4 1/2 hr, but if you could get a flight from Baltimore to Pgh then go on home, I'm sure it wouldn't be long. I even have a spare bed I can offer you! BTW...I've hosted 3 or 4 Round Ups in my home, and have never had a killer among the bunch. The first year I wanted to get a log out by my front door with a big ole ax in it, but didn't. We had so much fun at the RU. Some people started arriving Thursday and some didn't leave until Monday or Tues. TONS of good food and even more laughs and talking. I'd love to host another one, but I don't know if anyone would come anymore. It's been at least 8 yrs since the last one & it was down at Elaine's.

Good morning, all. Like Paula said, it's going to be another hotter one. Temps over 100º for the whole of next week. At least it is a bit cooler here than up her way only 104º.

Made Magic bars and deviled eggs for the pot luck. Eggs always go very well and I brought the only dessert. Wasn't feeling very well and couldn't eat very much. It was a BBQ and they brought good hot dogs.

Seems like I feel so tired all the time. Think I will veg out again today and finish watching Back to the Future again. Watched the first two but still want to watch III. I think it is the best of them but maybe that's because parts of it were filmed here. Good old Netflix.

Beth, enjoy the kitty. I had a Tortie named Sally and I loved her to pieces. She was a real lovey cat.

That's all for now. Have a good one.

Comment

Good morning everyone!

I remembered to come check in... hopefully I can make it a habit again. It's really going to be a scorcher here today. They expect it to hit 112°... and while I usually don't go out in the heat during the day, I have a baby shower to go to for my very good friend's daughter. I made a baby afghan and bought coordinating onsies, caps and mitts. The baby is due the middle of August, but a lighlt-weight blanket is good all year round.

Wow, Jo... I didn't know you were on chemo (my bad for not checking in, right?). Hope the sunshine helped! Sending hugs and well-wishes your way.

Elaine, does your friend have one of those "help I've fallen and can't get up" beeper thingies to wear around her neck? She really should get one. My BIL got one for my MIL because she fell one day and laid on the floor for 7 hours before anyone could get to her.

I see that Paula mentioned a Round-Up... is there one in the works?? Would LOVE to have details if there is. Now that both Ralph and I are retired, we are able to pick up and go at will... would love to attend another one.

Gotta run... have laundry to do before I go to the shower.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Judy, I read yesterday's post about the crochet outfits...can you post pictures on FB of some you did? I have two niece's having baby girls and would love to find some for them.

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wonderful to see you back!!!!!

Hi Judy,
                  Yes, I am on chemo. In Jan or Feb this year the doc found colon cancer. I had surgery in March. They did get the cancer. I've been on chemo after that to be sure there'd be no regrowth of it. I start with Chemo IV and 2 weeks of chemo pills. Then I get a week off. Then we start again. I'll be going through 8 rounds of that altogether. My next round takes me over the halfway point. This should end in mid November. Then we will have to reverse the colonoscopy surgery. (I doubt they'll do that during the holidays, so probably in January.)
                  It's been quite an adventure, including getting cellulitis in both feet. One foot healed with treatment, the other flared up with another infection. I was unable to walk without assistance for 2-3 months. I'm doing much better right now, though.
                  I have a friend near N.O. going through similar things. We've agreed that subtle changes in chemo after effects make each chemo time a new adventure. I'm just hoping for no new surprises. My family strongly believes that I'll be a survivor. I've survived life's medical challenges so far. And my comment is that, " I'm doomed to live forever. Mother Nature keeps kicking me out, and God keeps throwing me back."

Welcome back, Judy !!! 🤗
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Hi, Judy, good to see you here and Elaine, Judy is right about your friend getting one of those gadgets to hang around her neck if she falls again.

Cori sounds like and imp, Beth. Have fun with her and as she ages she will settle down and not cause so much mischief.

It is raining now and the wind is blowing but Donna is not upon us yet. Sometime during the night or tomorrow morning they say now. It's not too hot so that's good. Wanted to go for a walk around the outside of the building but that is out with the rain and wind so will walk the halls instead.

Have a good day all and all of you in that high heat area try to stay cool and drink plenty of liquids.

Have a god day all!

Comment

• Paula A
                      Paula A commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Knowing Donna, hope she brings cookies!
                  Working...
                  X