Thursday Morning and "The Heat Is On"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Morning and "The Heat Is On"

Good Morning one and all....the heat wave is coming, and the hottest day is supposed to be Saturday which is our family reunion in Indiana...We have a building with AC, etc. but don't think it will hold over 100 people, there is a shelter outside...we are putting our big awning in the motorhome just in case we need extra shade area. So today will be the cooking, getting motorhome stocked, and ready to head out tomorrow..I left the house pretty early yesterday to do some shopping, needed a memory foam mattress for the one bed, also a set of sheets that worked, also a set of sheets for the front bed, also needed blankets for them..also bought a twin air mattress for when we go to Disney in Oct., will have the grandgirls and parents with us.

Got our sheets in the washer now, washed all the sheets and blankets I bought yesterday, hubby took them out and put them in the motorhome, he said, "why do you have to wash all of them"? Well because I don't wear of use anything I buy until it is washed, he just shook his head at me, MEN!!

Well have to get a move on, already vacuumed utility room, kitchen, sunroom and livingroom, now onward and upward to keep this momentum going...Have a great day one and all, be safe, stay out of the heat...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning

I like to wash it too..To get rid of that smell..

I am doing my morning chores too..It cool now..

And everyone stay cool..

Comment

Good morning!
      Woke @ 3a, 4:30a, and 5....and decided I might as well just get up.

Supposed to get to 102° today, it's a nice 81° right now outside. And going up. 20% chance of rain today....somewhere in Tucson. Hope we get some more.
      We came home from chemo yesterday seeing puddles on the main streets of our neighborhood. Obviously, there was rain around noontime. E went to check our gauge and said we got 3/4" 😀.

This afternoon we meet our new PCP, at a clinic nearer our home. Our first question is "will you be here for a long while? We have been through 5-6 doctors in the last 3 years, and I'm even losing the surgeon I had for colostomy just 5 months ago; since she was fairly new then I thought she'd be around to uncolostomize (is that a word?) me in about 6 more months, but she's leaving next month😟 . At this rate, I think doctors should have "terms of service" more like the military, obligated no less than 4 years, and then only after they have finished with the patients they haven't finished with. As it is, my lead Oncologist will do my next bone marrow test himself, because his *amazing* NP did one double-sample test that didn't work out. I haven't seen her around since then. I don't know if my cancer Doctor/surgeon will undo the colonoscopy, or if it will be someone else........E found another surgeon's card with outstanding credentials, including being a dean of the college as well. This medical business is getting far too complicated.
      TMI? Sorry.

Today it's multigrain dry Cheerios, and hot tea. These next two weeks while I'm taking chemo meds I have to avoid cold foods and drinks...and even grab anything from the fridge or freezer, because my fingertips fel like sparklers, and it also affects the throat when something cold is ingested. If my eyes tear up, it hurts. And I even need to let the faucet water warm up before I can wash my hands.

Sharon, I agree on washing new fabrics before using them, too. People need to touch everything whether they're buying it or not. They even open packaged items to touch them. (Too many never use the sinks in the bathrooms, either)
      Also, the fabrics have a protective coating that "protect" them from damage from excessive handling and wrinkles. Lighter than a starch, but a coating nonetheless. You'll notice it's softer after washing???

So much for life in my little world. 🌵
      Have a great day, everyone!
      Last edited by JoGee; 07-21-2016, 08:13 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning

SassyG.. you always make me smile in the morning ... we cat lovers are easy to please... I have never owned a pure black kitty.. maybe next one?.

Sharon... slow down girl.... don't want to make yourself over tired.. !... hey, have a great vacation!

another great day yesterday , lots of sunshine, lots of setting on the deck.. went out to super restaurant last evening .. Pam impressed at out local place... expensive but not outrageous.. and you get tons of food... David and I got the steak,( him,) Chicken,(me),salads that were so big.. they would have filled the biggest mixer bowl .had every thing in ,besides the lettuce,.eggs,beet olives, onion, tomatoes. cucumber slices crotons. and was topped with french fries with cheese and the grilled meat . lots. in each one.. we easily could have shared one.. afterwards , in later evening some of relatives came and porch set with us..

today??? I need quick trip to groc store. Mikes talking about going to a Pitts.Pirate baseball game this evening ..

be back later
        Hi Justy and Paula..
        Hi Elaine,, hugs to you and dear hubby.. think of you guys a lot .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye I had planned on working at a slower pace BUT hubby comes home last night and said he planned on taking the whole day off on Friday!! That's really great but it puts more of a rush on me to get things made and load the motorhome, hence the reason I was washing all new bedding until 10:30 last night. So today the things I had planned to spread out between today and tomorrow must all get done today...GRRRR...All I ask is for him to do this sooner...I should have known, but not feeling the greatest just yet, still running low grade temp and sick to my stomach I thought I could spread it out more..oh well, just finished making the macaroni salad, now onto the cake making/baking...

Good morning..one more lunch with some friends..but first packing up the car. Will be going to see a friend after lunch...then shopping with my dad for my mom's birthday. I give her diapers for her birthday and we take them to a local maternity center. We did that yesterday. We also filled back packs for the family we adopted. So we basically spent the day together doing great things. End the day with delicious dinner...hamburgers..sweet potatos and brussel sprouts. Then spent the evening watching TV.
        Tomorrow my mother's actual birthday..we are hoping to adopt my cat and have a family lunch.

Comment

Good morning...
          Cleaning gal is here doing her thing. She uses vinegar to clean a lot of things. That's good as it doesn't cause any breathing problems like some cleaners do.

Better go as we always have plenty of chatting to catch up on when she is here.

Comment

Good Morning, Like Boffler said it is hot here in IN. Kenny has an appointment with the lung Dr, guess he is going to have me go with him. Then he has one with the regular Dr. tomorrow. He talked to his son again the other day and was telling him all about "spots" on his lungs and stomach, (Regular Dr wants him to see a stomach Dr.) and his son didn't answer the way he wanted him to, he asked him if he had made any kind of arrangements, instead of saying "oh come down here and we will take care of you" Then last night I had posted something silly on facebook about my exciting life to which he posted a nasty comment. I started to get nasty right back but decided against it just said "I refuse to stoop to your level" guess he wants people to think that he is going to be better when I'm gone, when he is most likely going to be on the streets. I'm thinking that there are a couple of friends who he knows have an extra bedroom that will be willing to take him in, don't think the ones he is thinking are that dumb, sure they are smart enough to know what is going on and aren't going to get sucked into his game.

Comment

• jostoy
              jostoy commented
              Editing a comment
              determined, not to be nosey, but is there some good reason that you have to stay there until the middle of Aug.? Don't think I could put up with all the "crap" that he dishes out. But then, I've always been on my own so have never had to experience any "crap" like that. I can just tell a person "where to go".

• determined
              determined commented
              Editing a comment
              jostoy, trying to make sure that I have Dr.s visit's and have meds filled before I go. Once I leave IN I will be without insurance and don't know if I will be able to get any in IL.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Didn't get a ton accomplished, but oh well. It was a perfect day to swim. Had a nice chat with a few friends at the end of VBS. One was with a young lady that went to the same school as my girls when we lived here before. She was always nice to me then and we reconnected again yesterday. She's bringing her daughter to VBS.

This morning I'm going to bake off the two kinds of cookie dough I mixed up yesterday....ginger snaps & PB cookies. Need to package up the cookies I baked & froze the other day. Had to check with my customer to see if she wanted me to bag her cookies or arrange them on a platter for the "Sprinkle" (another word for a second baby shower). Blaise & I are going to DG to get stuff for the mission challenge btw the girls & boys. The stuff is for Operation Christmas Child. We'll then go to the library. Swimming of course.

Better get busy.....have a good one all!

JoG...got your msg

Comment

wrote something and lost it and do not have the time to rewrite anything so have a great day everyone. Enjoy this summer weather cuz in a few months winter will be knocking at the door....boo!!!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Heat advisor is in effect until Sunday. Sure hope they don't extend it because I "go shoot" to get my conceal and carry license. I travel alone and want to have "real protection" instead of carrying my weapon in one part of the car and the ammo in another. Was exempted from the classroom instructions because of all the firearms training I had with the D.O.C.

Well I have a load of laundry in the washer and only have 3 more loads to do. Must go to the store to buy potatoes to put in with the green beans I picked yesterday. Also have a pork roast in the crockpot to cook most of the day. It is already starting to give off a "good aroma". Then I'll make cornbread to go with the green beans and potatoes.

Guess I better get out before the heat gets bad. Everyone in the heat advisory area stay safe. Everyone have a good day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I want what your are having for supper, one of my very favorites for sure...

• jostoy
                  jostoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Come on down. If you hurry, you can be here for supper. Or I can wait for you if you aren't too late.

Two less kids today and that will ease it a bit. It is a trade off between more income versus more intensity with school kids here. My girl who comes on Friday is the total exception: plays and interacts with all ages and is the sweetest child ever.
                My flooring guys came yesterday and brought the flooring. They said it had to sit awhile here. Tomorrow will be the day!
                My brother sent me some Hawaiian sea salt, so I am getting a pork roast to do next week when my son and his family are here.
                Jo, will you still be able to drink your tea? Is room temperature too coo if you have air on? Thinking of you!
                I love reading all your busy posts! You all keep me motivated and thinking, If she can do it, i can sure try!

Comment

I can drink room temp drinks. I keep the A/C higher than usual.....more close to the temps the Power Company recommends. That way my drinks seldom get too cool. As for tea, I can always add a few oz of hot water to it if need be.
                  A cold drink feels like a pill stuck in my throat, usually. This morning it cooled down fast (w/o the a/c on) and I felt for a while I had a stick in my throat. But I'm a sipper. The nurse told me another woman gulped a cold drink and felt like her throat was closing up (it wasn't actually closing, but anything cold ingested will affect the way the thhroat reacts, too.)
                  So I will not have cold or frozen foods for two out of 3 weeks at a time.

Yesterday when we got home it was very trying. For the first time since starting chemo I felt very warm after I left them. I even turned down the a/c a notch. Then I could only THINK of the various ice creams E keeps in the freezer to cool off.
                  😥
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Maybe just hold one in your hands if you get hot?
                    Although, that could be considered cruel and unusual punishment.
                    Jo, you are an inspiration to me and I am sure others who are going through chemo where you go.

Comment

Paula, an ice cream bar or bowl or even ice cubes in my hands would instantly get my finger tips sizzling with the coldness that near, which is not a preferable thing. I just consider the countdown to the end of the chemo effects. After this 3 week portion, I am halfway done! I can often settle for a cookie or two, or ask E to make that chocolate-banana smoothie (no ice cream or ice cubes in it), and that can be good enough...under the circumstances. 😊
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yay, we have a new PCP! He has a very good sense of humor. He should be around a while.
                        Had to get a Medicare test, since they needed it for whatever ....... most of it seems awfully silly, but it has its purposes. (Psychological and memory, and doing math backwards.... all in my head.). I have to go for a couple more tests for osteoporosis and something else. He's also having my A1C test done for diabetis. I know 3 PCPs ago the doc said I had pre-diabetis , but he never said anything further, and the next two didn't follow up. Apparently I have a bit of a heart murmur but everything else inside me sounds clear. With everything else going on, that all sounds pretty good.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X