Tuesday morning sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday morning sunshine

Good Morning, the sun is shining, but sure wish it was ready to rain, we are suffering bad from lack of rain...the watering of plants everyday is getting mighty old.
    Did make a run to the store yesterday, the humidity out is horrible, makes it hard to breath for sure.
    Today will be doing some laundry, and getting all the things together to see what I need to purchase before our trip.
    Hubby needs to open the motorhome, put the levelers down and see what size bed the bed is for sure so I can purchase sheets and a memory foam topper..also want to get a memory foam topper and twin sheets for the front bed...I like to be way ahead of the game, he likes to be two days before, not a good thing for me..
    He at times puts a strain on me for doing things so late, I like to be prepared...one of the biggest differences in us, LOL
    Well the firepit patio area is finished outside, he did a wonderful job, just what I wanted and plan to enjoy.
    Time to read the news, drink my coffee and get this day started..
    Oh and I ordered running boards for my Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday, since some peoples legs are shorter than others (jostoy) (evil grin) instead of having a step stool in the car I will now how running boards to make it easier..
    Have a wonderful day everyone...do something that makes you smile.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning..yesterday was really really good...I spent the afternoon with one friend getting my nails done and having lunch. She dropped me off at my old apartment building... I got to see all but 2 of my friends and people I was close to there...Then one of the couples I am still close to took me out dinner at Our favorite Mexican restaurant. I came back to my parents and my uncle was taking peanut butter cookies out of the oven. A really good way to end a great day.

Today mom and I will leave in about an hour. We are headed south to Marion. My granny has a physical therapy appointment. Then the3 of us are meeting one my mom's sisters for lunch. Mom told granny last week I was coming and she was happy. I will be glad to see my granny. She says I am her favorite of her grandkids. The only one that pays attention to her. After that mom and I have some shopping. Then this evening I am going to spend sometime with another of my best friends.

Comment

Good morning ...

flying pass again... Pam and I are leaving with dau. Karen to visit a friend who has invited us for lunch in her "new" house... the friend lives in Colorado.. but is from this corner of Pa. .. so she decided to buy a house instead to use as summer, vacation home.... should be fun just chatting a lot..

our day was good yesterday.. but wore me out.. slept over 8 hours last night...

oh oh ,, people in the kitchen,, see you all later today..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all

Back to work for me after two excellent days off. Chris's birthday is actually today - he is having lunch with an old buddy from his former job. And still enjoying his five days off.

Had a HUGE storm that lasted about 2 hours yesterday - dumping about 2 inches of rain (badly needed!) This morning it was nice 72° for my drive to work. Ahhhh!

Darla - I know you might be having a hard time seeing it, but there IS a light at the end of that dark tunnel. Trust me - Been there, done that. Hugs to you.

So I'm off to run reports and get the deposits done. Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          Pat, thank you for the hugs, I know that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I believe that God puts me where he wants me and when he needs me elsewhere he moves me there. Sometimes it's just hard to figure out why he puts me in places.

Good morning everyone.

Boff, one of these days I'm going to get even with you about all the comments on my "stature".

Today I will run to pick up my new bike. I called yesterday to let them know I would be there today instead of 2 weeks later. She said she could everything I ordered put on ready for this morning. At the last minute I ordered a carrier to be put on the back. This way I can carry my cooler when I go to the State Park to ride.

Then it will be to my friends house in the country. She had to cancel her Dr. appt. to take care of her GG as the paternal grandmother had surgery yesterday and possibly again today. Her daddy says he can't take any more time off work so E. is going to fill in for a few days. That may not seem like too much to some, but E. fell when we were putting the new bushes in last week and has hurt her back. At 85 she doesn't need extra duty of anything.

If the grass dries out, I may be able to mow. We did get some rain here, and I drove through very hard rain on my way home yesterday. That rain was for about 40 miles where I had to use my wipers on high, and yet it still wasn't letting me see very well. But that hard rain stopped about 6 miles from my house, and we only got 2 tenths of an inch.

Time to think about fixing some breakfast then get my rear in gear for the day. Everyone have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Only when I shrink enough to be your height..

Good Morning.

Flying out the door to go with Nancy to take her brother to his appt. Will be gone most of the day.

Will check on you all later. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! They predicted 100% chance of rain yesterday. We got maybe 15 minutes of gentle rain. We need the rain too.

Yesterday was good, though my energy level was a bit low. Mixed up 6 kinds of cookie dough & got 3 of the baked off. Cooked a nice dinner for everyone. Blaise loved VBS. It's the same program as the one he went to in June, but our church goes all out for theirs, so he came home with a REAL geode and couldn't stop talking about it.

This morning I'm going to try to get the rest of the cookie dough baked off, but these ones take longer. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring

Oh...the big news of yesterday was I made Becca's FINAL college tuition payment....yaaaahooooo!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning! 🌵

Today will be only 99°, and climbing after today. Yesterday we had about 15 minutes of thunder and high winds around 4 or 5 p.m., and then zilch! No rain. We are still forecasted for 20% chance of it for the next few days. I hope one of the days will be generous. But we did have a beautiful full moon last night.

My only plan today is to wash my hair. Tomorrow I'm supposed to start my chemo again. Got a very early appointment for my lab work. I'll probably need to be up before the chickens are, if I want a decent breakfast to get me through it all. [So I'll probably be very late in posting tomorrow.]
            I hope my blood levels are acceptable this time.

Nothing else going on to write about.

Hope you all have a great day. 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

wrote something and it disappeared. I hate when that happens and some where in cyber space there are a whole bunch of lost things I have written through the years. Probably masterpieces lost for ever! So I will give you highlights of yesterday which is both kids showed up and swam until dark with their father. We had pizza on the patio and it was a perfect afternoon and day. Those spur of the moment happenings seem to be the best. So now today I have that mess to clean up and laundry to do and floors to mop. Also must plan a few meals for this week so that means a grocery list to make and fill. Stay cool but get out and enjoy the sun. I love summer!!!

Comment

Donna, I always loved VBS at the little church I grew up in. Missionaries always put it on, They were the ones who were always state side and went around to the little churches and helped out, but sometimes they would have some of the people from other countries who had come to the states to be trained. One year when I was still pretty young, there was a young man from Chili that I just fell in love with as a teacher, his name was Paul but then at the end of VBS and his state side sponsors came to watch the program and he told them that he wanted to take me back to Chili with him it scared the daylights out of me, Think I stayed glued to my Mom or Aunt the rest of the day. When my kids were little I was usually the one in charge of the craft part, was basically the only one who could deal with little ones and the messes they made.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

Another "HOT" day..

this pic it is funny..Sometime my cats do that too..
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is my third attempt to finish reading and now post. Kids are happy, but needy! And my lawn mowers just arrived and that means run around and shut doors and windows to keep a lid on the noise.
                    In the spirit of de-cluttering and channeling my inner Round Table friends I decided not to throw away my old bedside lamp table, but take off the lamp ( which was not working) and sand and prime the wood top surface. It has a black iron magazine / book holder underneath and I may do something to that, too. But right now I am a little amazed at my " think it up" and Follow it through! I am not known for my finished projects...more known for my started and never finished projects...time to start a new rep.
                    I made spaghetti this morning so we will be ready to eat right after swim lessons. I had forgotten all the prep needed to make it run smoothly, including snack that is more protein than usual. I have one 3 year old that when he is empty or tired he goes from 60-0! Fast!
                    You all sound very positive and taking care of business.
                    I hope the rest of the day continues to go well!

Comment

Aloha all!

Boffler, I remember those running boars. A good place to sit too when one is just standing around and talking.

Happy Birthday, Darla or am I late. Well better late then never.

A hot muggy day here. Have already been for my walk and plan to stay inside for the rest of they day and stay cool.

Have a good day all!

Comment

• determined
                        determined commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you Nalani, and no you aren't late, it was today.
                    Working...
                    X