Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ July 18

Good Morning, Everyone.

Been reading too many news articles this morning. Sad times.

Therapy continues. John's blood test and then home to veg. Hope he wants to eat lunch out.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..It will be another spotty day..

I saw this pic..And show it off..My cat would do the same thing..
    Back to the salt mines...lol..

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice graphic, my cats would not get in the box with those peanuts in it, but empty, they would be in it in a heartbeat.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank-you..Boffler,Mine would..Just for the fun of it..lol..

Good Morning! Suppose to rain today. Heard the first shower before 6am.

Yesterday was good for the most part. Was dragging butt all morning during church & SS. Had planned to come home & take a nap, but before we got home we stopped at an Estate Sale and the flea market. Didn't have any money with us though. At the ES they said anything under $100 was going for half off starting at 1pm, so came home, had lunch, and headed back to the sale for 1pm. I really wanted a set of pots & pans for Becca and a group of bath towels. Well I got the towels but the pots & pans were already gone. I found a bunch of other stuff though. My biggest thrill was getting two non-stick 5qt pots which will be great for making pie fillings. Came home and cleaned up the kitchen, made a batch of sloppy joes, and then headed to my Mom's to play cards with her & 2 of her friends.

This morning Blaise starts VBS at our church for the week...8:45am - 12;15pm...nice! Coming home & mixing up cookie dough and hopefully baking off some. I know two kinds of the dough need refrigerated overnight. Of course there is always laundry. Need to cook Cork a nice dinner. Will have to think about that one.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Enjoy sometime without a young one in the house, LOL

Good Morning, looks like it may rain again today, yesterday a couple of thunderstorms passed through. Won't call Maryann today, think she is taking her granddaughter out to eat for her b-day. Will make sure to call her tomorrow to see how she is doing, since it would have been her daughters birthday and it is always hard for her.
    I don't know if the muscle relaxers are doing more harm than good or what, Since I have been taking them, seems like the pain that goes across the middle of my back when walking or standing is getting worse. Not good while trying to figure out what I'm doing in order to have stuff packed and ready to go. Have decided to put a price on the picnic table and chairs, we haven't been able to use the chairs since we got them, he didn't pay attention (nor did I since he had already decided that he was getting them at a yard sale) The chairs had cushions in them so didn't lift the cushions, sat down in one once we got it home and the rubber band looking things that make up the seat and back were completely shot. I know that I could redo them but someone would never take me and let me get the stuff to do it with. Or give me the money so I could get it while I was out. So just used the plastic chairs that I had picked up here and there (mostly ones that people had set out on the curb but were still in good shape (he yelled at me when I put them in the back of the truck but he didn't mind sitting in them. Oh well have a feeling he is going to know what it feels like to be broke and have to do things on a budget. Maryann laughed and said that maybe he would move into the assisted living place that one of the older guys who comes into the bar lives in, of course he wouldn't like that because they require that you sign your check over to them and they give you an allowance plus they allow no drinking on the grounds and we know that they fuss at Freddy when he walks to the bar and comes back (and he don't get drunk, he has a couple of beers and leaves). The staff there has went into every bar that they figure is within walking distance and told them that they are not to serve him.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard time coming for both you and Kenny, but maybe a blessing in disquise. Sometimes we let others pull us down to their level, and maybe, just maybe, better things to come..Would be funny, he is not one to let anyone have any control over him, yet he is not able to stand on his own two feet, so moving to the assisted living place would be perfect for him..

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler, lots more for him. I'm going to family and will be basically back where I grew up and have friends. I'm used to the chaos that is my sister's house, Our house was that place while we were growing up, The place where everyone showed up knowing they were welcome. I don't see him moving in anywhere that he can't do as he pleases, He may end up living in his truck somewhere.

Good morning..yesterday was good. We went to church and out to lunch. Then daddy got a hair cut and we all headed for Illinois..today I am having lunch with friends..getting my nails done and seeing more friends..

Mom and dad set up the camper for me...its working out great.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Today is "country mowing" day. Hopefully we can get started early as the forecast is for rain this afternoon. We couldn't get started before 4-4:30 as she takes care of her GG from 1-4.

If I have enough time after the mowing, I would like to go to the Lake to get my bicycle carrier as I bought a new bike while in Vincennes Thursday. Got a Schwinn this time. It was a little pricey, but at least I can sit on the seat and have my feet flat on the ground. They will also change the brake cables around so that the rear brake cable will be on the left handlebar.

Time to get dressed and get my day started. Everyone have a good one.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        As usual jostoy is on the move with work in her future... Always out for the adventure, no grass growing under her feet...

good ,wet, morning .. not a hard rain,, just wet drizzling stuff... will make mean driving for Mike. we are leaving shortly for the day... driving over 2 hours east to visit Davids Sister... she is in a rehab home.. that is also a "care" home. and she may end up staying there permanently .

will not be back until evening .. so behave people.. I will check in tonight..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope the driving and trip aren't to mean! The much needed rain, wish we had more of it, had some overnight, but not enough to soak the hard, cracked ground, the only thing growing is weeds. Would be a better place for David's sister.

Morning all

Day two off for me.

Yesterday was wonderful. Got everything prepped early for dinner. Chris and I had a great day together. Family & friends came over last night - dinner was done right when they walked in the door, so we all ate and then just sat and gabbed. Sang Happy Birthday to Chris and had cake. Just a perfect day.

Tons of leftovers so no cooking for me today - but I will make a loaf of bread with the leftover ricotta cheese - think I'll use Schmitty's cottage cheese bread recipe and just sub ricotta.

I'm off to surf the web and see what's happening. Y'all have a good 'un.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        And a good time was had by all, and pretty darn sure the food was delicious...I have not made that cottage bread of Schmitty's in forever, think of her often and wonder how she is doing, she is missed here, as a lot of others are also.

Good Morning, had some thunder boomers overnight and some much needed rain, need a whole day of a nice gentle rain to make a difference..all that is growing in our yard now is weeds and small trees...we had to take out a lot of trees when we built the house, and now the roots of them are sending out shoots...

I stayed in most of the weekend, did make the smoke pulled pork, have lots left. Hubby got the TV's installed in the motorhome, also got our fire pit and patio area finished, he did a paver patio area and a fire pit in the center with a liner...he is very good at that...now to take my little bistro set out there, which is cast iron and heavy, but can sit hot pie irons on it without worry.

Today I need to make a few errand runs, also need to make a list of what I need at the store for now, and make a list for what I need to bake and take to a family reunion this weekend..always lots to do, so will read the news and then get started...

Always, always find something to be thankful for, reach out to a friend, etc. make your soul feel good...jostoy does it all the time, so her heart is fulfilled all the time..
      Happiness to all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Pat B
        Pat B commented
        Editing a comment
        Truth! I had two mini-reunions with high school chums this week - hadn't seen one fellow since graduation (37 years!)

Good Morning.....or as I used to tell my kids on school mornings, "Up and att'em, Adam Ant !!! ". 🍊

Yesterday ended up being mostly sunny, and no rain. I finally went outside and fed/fertilized the trees, since the heat wasn't oppressive. Also had E clip some tree suckers and remove a too-low branch from the front tree...it nearly reached the neighbor's car door.
      This morning is dreary gray again, the fence is rather dark so there must have been rain before we had light. Temp below 100 again today, so hopefully the rain clouds will linger and give up more moisture. Perfect weather for the weed/bug man who's coming around this morning to spray. 🌵
      I'm up early this morning. Made myself a breakfast sandwich: nuked egg with green tobacco, on toasted dark rye, and my cuppa hot tea ☕️. Hit the spot!

No particular plans today. I hope to count lots of raindrops all day. (wish in one hand, and spit in the other, E's mom used to say) 😄

Have a great day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo my Daddy used to say that his other saying was "Want in one hand, SH** in the other, see which gets full faster"

thought I was up early! You people beat me by a mile and i am up for a reason. Heading out to get the car serviced and have my annual blood work done. Since I am fasting I choice a early car appointment. Suppose to be hot and the sun is shining. Do not know what to fix for tonight...but I will fix something. Gotta get moving so flying through.....sooner I get out of here the sooner I can get a cup of coffee!!!! Wish I had a bunch of leftovers but guess you gotta cook to get them? Good morning all!

Comment

Well, Maxie, it isn't really feasible that we send you our leftovers. But crockpots make cooking (and potential leftovers) pretty easy. A meal in a pot, cooks itself all day, and is delicious at dinner time.
        I used to make "New England dinners" out of most things while raising a large family. Throw it all in the crockpot to cook - meat, veggies, and broth. The first day I'd plate the meat and veggies (there'd be enough for 2 days of the plated dinner) the 3rd day would be whatever was left in the soup plus maybe a can of beans and ladled over macaroni. Friday's meant mix the soupy part with all other leftovers or turn it into a goulash or meatloaf. Actually it looked like a different meal each day, even though it came from the same pot. Weekends were often burgers, pizza, or take out Chinese. The kitchen used to be my "playground". I find it harder to cook for just 2 of us.

Darla, I've heard that, too. However, like E's Mom, I prefer to avoid using the crude version. In many ways, she & I were alike, and she became my mentor.
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-18-2016, 09:16 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Monday afternoon!
          I must have not fully understood the timing for the floor guys because I super stressed and worked and they didn't show...so, it is ready for them when they do show.
          Swim lessons started today and I now remember why I stopped doing them. So much work getting them ready, pottied, dressed, sunblocked, and in the pool and keep the other guys out of distraction distance. Then the get them out and dressed and fed routine...one week and the moms are so happy, so it is good. I was pretty impressed: the teacher I hired brought along another lifeguard to be in the pool or on the deck as needed.
          We got invited to a birthday barbecue yesterday, so after church we had the best meal! The chicken was great, the beans better than mine ( and I Love mine) and then the baked goods! Apple pie was perfect and the rolls were perfection plus! Honey oatmeal rolls.. The 8 year old had requested all gifts be for the shelter dogs. Her family goes to a shelter out of town every Sunday that lets kids walk and play with the dogs. Peyton has had bake sales to raise funds and I just thought it pretty sweet.
          Determined, I am sending every spare good thought your way. I am pretty sure this is a huge challenge, but from your many posts, I am very sure you are a strong woman. You have a plan and are open to change. Lots of good can still happen!
          Beth, enjoy your visit!
          Donna, I got my freezer half way cleaned out, thanks to all your energy!
          And the flat of peaches that was calling my name. As soon as we got home from the barbecue, we started the freezer jam. A dozen cute containers are safely stashed in the freezer.
          Hope you all are ready for a calm evening. Be back earlier tomorrow.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Paula, I was reading somewhere and someone said you can now get mason jars in plastic. The idea was to make your own lunchable using a mason jar and an empty fruit cup container meat goes in the jar and then the crackers go in the fruit cup, ring goes over the cup then the lid and then the lid with the cup is screwed onto the jar. The person said it wouldn't be good for kids but then someone said that the mason jars come in plastic now and they were made for the freezer jam.

WHAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!! Just made our final tuition payment for Becca's last semester of college.

Comment

Yahooooooooo, now maybe you can have some breathing room before having to worry about sending Blaise.

Comment

Working...
            X