• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed.29..June..

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..

To day it will be hit miss rain...

I do something funny to day...With my pic..We need a good laugh to day..

How is everyone doing to day..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good Morning.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your sweet comments about John's birthday. We love you all so much.

Nancy and Frank took us to my eye appointment and then we ate at Olive Garden. On the way home we stopped at a shop that specializes in fried pies, and John ordered his favorite - apricot.

All in all, we had a very nice day and it only took 6 hours. LOL Frank can deal with that Dallas traffic better than anyone I know. So we are blessed.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Have to go grocery shopping today. Yesterday I got 2 pair of shoes, 1pair sandal and 1 pair of Scetchers. I really like the feel of the scetchers on my feet. I already have a PAIR OF WHITE AND 1 PAIR OF BLACK. This time I got a pair of blue denim looking. Then we stopped at Macy's and they had 70% off some slacks and tops. I just had to have a new outfit.

Then on to Bob Evans to eat lunch. They still let me order off the child's menu, and I still couldn't eat it all. So I guess I'll have the same meal today for my lunch.

JoG, I don't think you are able to do half of what I do so don't feel bad about not being able to do it. I think you are doing great with what all you have to go through. I use to get gout a lot in my feet so I somewhat know your pain. One time I was on crotches for 2 weeks because I had gotten it in my arch and ankle, and the Dr. said they couldn't put a shot of cortisone in it like they did for my toe.

Pat, I have known other kids who got their high school diploma on line. They had to go to the school to take some of the test. My neighbor boy was a night owl and would do his studies at night. It might be the answer to Erin's problems.

Best get off here and get my breakfast. I slept in today so am running behind.

Everyone have a great day.

(I have no idea why the capital letters showed up above. I certainly didn't do it, and I'm not retyping it!! )
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning all

Jostoy and everyone who responded about online school: I think it could be the answer to many anguished hours. Erin is a night owl - she stays up all night and sleeps all day - and I am her polar opposite. I actually am friends on Facebook with the lady who heads up the Virtual School program, so I will PM her today and ask what I need to do to check it out.

Yee haw! It's payday. And everyone loves ME on payday.

Most of my daily work is done and I'm about to peruse the weekly grocery ads and plan my attack. Y'all have a good 'un and try to stay cool.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Kathy was NOT a self motivated person, so therefore when we tried the online classes, she bombed them.

Good Morning, Dr appointment was a bust yesterday, well the nurse listened and understood what I was saying, Dr basically just looked to the numbers but didn't listen to the "problems" his reply to the low the other night was " did you eat differently?" told him that I always check at bedtime before I take my shot and the numbers were the same as "normal" he said to go back to 35 units and then went and got my A1C results and said go back to the 40 because it had went up. So I will be following my own dose, instead of his. I really think that with today's advances, that each visit should be recorded, so that when there is a problem that you tell the Dr about it is on the record, instead of your chart showing what he chooses to put in there. I noticed on my little print out thing that it says Type 2 diabeties with no complications. but when you look a bit farther it says that I'm on Lyrica for the neropathy, if there are no complications then why is he treating one?
        Then got home and started fighting to get minutes put on my tracphone, didn't need the minutes but needed the service days. Anyhow when trying to see if they were added, I accidently hit my SIL's number, I thought I hit the end call before it rang on his end, but must not have. because got a call from my daughter, not quite in a panic, but almost. Seems that his phone rang and showed that it was me calling but I didn't say anything, so he called her and told her she needed to check on me, guess he was more in a panic than she was. She is more like me and panics once everything is over with. Gotta keep your head in the middle of things.
        Kenny has a Dr appointment today so will have to get dressed and ready in a few minutes.
        Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Good Morning ...

and the week is picking up speed... Grandson finally got his car fixed and all paper work from dmv straightened out..( so he is legal in all states).
          He travels a lot to these Furry Conventions.. to state fairs. city celebrations.. etc.. he also gets some of his airbrush -painting ,(on T shirts) done at these places. today he needs to find a zipper for his costume .and hopefully I can get it in..

SassyG... you are teasing us... I know you are a young chick...with sexy curves and gorgeous long hair.. driving the boys wild.. ( and how did you get a picture of me???!!!!).

I have a pair of summer weight slacks, new, to hem.. been procrastinating but want to wear on Sat. to Picnic.. .

Might have been John's birthday but I think you benefited too Elaine... Apricot pie... I have not had for years...tell John that is one of my favorites too... ( David doesn't like so I never make).. what a good birthday!..

Jostoy, I may have a hard time picking clothes.. but I could shop for shoes anytime..

Hi Donna, Nalani, Justy,, JoG. Pat.. Punkin.. Sharon. Kim, Labbasgle, Becky ,Mickie.

if anyone new is just reading .. sign up.. all visitors are welcome.... its a BIG ROUND TABLE....

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye,i am sure are..lol..Pretty young...My waist line 24-36-24..lol...It was..I did..
            Did you know..I took that pic..I behind the camera..
            I saw "YOU"..And had to take your pic..You might be famous..You might on cover of the magazine..
            And it will be your pic..Do it all..lol

Good morning! A bird is singing away so I am sitting outside on the patio enjoying the concert.
          6:42 and 74* already. I am watering and drinking my morning smoothie.
          The garbage trucks started much earlier today. 4:00 am wake up with the noise of a different sounding truck.
          Yesterday I washed curtains from my room and the daycare bathroom and hung them out. The kids' bathroom is all ready to paint the window. The primer has been applied and this coming weekend I will paint early Saturday morning so I have time to let it dry and do another coat. My windowsill will be trickier: it is where my cat likes to spend the day. I will probably do it in the evening. I didn't notice any odor with the primer...when I paint it I will have to do something because I don't want to sleep with wet paint above my head.
          Elaine, I totally know what you mean about having someone drive in a big city. There was one part of my drive Sunday where I came close to understanding what an anxiety attack feels like. Real physical changes and luckily, Becky just said very little other than, Mom, you are doing great...if I could have stopped and cried a little I would have! Coming back the interchange wasn't as crazy, and gong into downtown Sacramento went really well. I don't want to drive there but I guess if I had to...
          Jostoy, which Sketchers did you get? I need a new pair and your denim ones sound good. I have lace up, and Darla told me about my red ones, but I need another slip on cute ones.
          Spencer's wife Nikki, finally got her visa yesterday! So many hoops to go through, but now she will be able to get a job when she wants one. Their house sold so this was the last step to being able to return together at the end of July when their escrow is done. They had a realtor but it actually sold to someone Spencer works with who had been interested as soon as they knew they were moving.
          I hope your day is good, everyone! Pat, enjoy your PayDay popularity, but with all the goodies you bake, I bet you are popular everyday!

Comment

Not a drop of rain but cooler temps...guess that at least is something. Yesterday my sister and I drove down south to visit Scott and ran into rain that had us joining a line of cars and semis on the shoulder. Dropped the temps by 10 degrees...when it let up we were back on the road and into the heat and dry. The ball fields are so dusty you cannot see the kids running the bases and that dust is drifting back on the fans...no wonder I have a chest thing starting. Drew won last night and it must have been a doozie. The fields were not watered down or marked and the umps stunk. Andrew was called out on stirkes and his response was he cannot hit a ball he has to move onto the plate to even see then swing over his head to try to hit. Glad I missed the ball field drama. But it is the first game I have missed and it had drama! No one has bought groceries around here in a long time and we are out of bread, milk and eggs...not to mention anything else you might want to eat. Jon made popcorn last night and he doesn't even like popcorn! This afternoon I am meeting my granddaughter for pedis and then I think dinner out. Jon is off tomorrow and we will do a big grocery shopping and then the last game of the season...unless we have playoffs. The opposing coach was so mad that they do not know if he will protest the game or not...however, I think protesting a game for 9 year old is rather small and not a good learning experience for kids who should be having fun. Local pervert is still traveling the area but the cops appear to be more serious about him now. Yesterday I had an incident on the highway. I am driving 75 and a pickup in front of me just throws out a drink cup, hits my windshield and splatters whatever all over. It scared me until it made me darn good and mad. What a stupid thoughtless jerk. Well, need to get moving and find some food. Even the ants are packing up and moving out of here...there isn;'t a crumb!

Comment

Good morning. Greetings from the desert! 🌵
              Yesterday's "20% chance of rain" turned out to be an hour of impressive thunder. However, during the wee hours of wakefulness last night, I heard the rain coming down and winds blowing. I peeked out the window this morning, and the cinder block fence is dark with the moisture. Yay!

Good news! Yesterday & this morning the dark skin cells banding my bad foot are rubbing off with a wet, hot cloth. It's looking much better. The pain is definitely starting to subside, too. I still will take an oxycodone before the ultra sound test on Friday, though. Taking no chances. 😉
              Today, however, my retinal doctor will be seeing me for my annual checkup. He wil be very surprised to see what I've been going through these last several months.

Elaine, I've never had apricot pie, but do like apricots! I wish they sold them here. Tempted to order some from you!!! 😊
              Joystoy, thanks for the empathy. So many people don't think it's a serious thing.
              Pat, I think they appreciate you there aside from the pay checks. You really put a lot of yourself into your job.
              Darla, some doctors are just there for the paycheck, not their interest in patients. That's exactly how E felt at his eye checkup yesterday.
              Maye, I don't enjoy shopping so much any more. I have tops to send to step-daughter, because some stores are not consistent in sizing, and EVERY item needs to be tried on. I wish I knew how to take in pants and hem them properly. I have a closet full that just may end up in Goodwill. I've lost a bit of weight, but I see how my limbs have skinnied up now.
              Shoes, too, are difficult. I get SAS Shoes that are adjustable, for regular & foot swollen days. Goodwill may have shoes coming their way, too, as currently my feet are wearing a shoe 2 sizes above normal. Gunboats, we used to call them. 🙄
              Cookie, when does the new NCIS series start? Do you know yet? I'm tired of the reruns.

I found a picture of ear cover bands (can also be a neck warmer) for winter. I can copy that in different patterns and colors for gift giving later on. Looks like a simple pattern.
              I found that I'm tired of reading...tried a Rowling book, not from the Potter series, and don't like it at all. I realize Americans are prudes next to Brits and Europeans, but I don't care for coarse language.

Well, I need breakfast. An apricot pie or scone would be nice, if they were available here. Anyone have a good recipe for either???

Have a great day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey all! I was busy this morning & never got here before we left.

Yesterday was good. Made a quick trip to Aldi's to get the buns that I needed for lunch and a few other groceries that just magically appear in your cart. I had 7 guests for lunch and swimming. We had a nice time. Supper was leftovers. After dinner I went out & did my first berry picking. Got about a pint of black raspberries. Cut coupons while watching TV and organizing them.

This morning I cleaned the outside of the refrig and outside of the stove for tomorrow's appt. Kathy & I then headed into town. I told her I'd give her $20 for clothes at the SA Thrift store. She's going to help me wash the inside & outside of the house windows. Lunched at Arby's. Stopped at Rural King and ended up getting Corky a couple pairs of jeans for work. Kathy needed to stop at Advanced Auto and get oil & a filter for her vehicle. Jimmy was paying for it. First thing we tried to do in town when we got there was cash his paycheck at my one bank. Wouldn't do it w/o him there, so turned around and went to the other bank we deal with and they gladly cashed it. You just have to have enough in your account to cover it, which I did. I did at the other bank too...dumb! Not sure if we are going to do the windows today or tomorrow....might split them up btw today & tomorrow.

Jo...the new seasons usually don't start until late September. Normally we order the previous season on Amazon.com for Corky's birthday, but they don't even offer it yet. It normally comes in late August.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Aloha all!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                  X