Jo gee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jo gee

saw this site on facebook and looks like it may have some cute shirts that will fit your needs.

JoGee,you should check it out..They have some cute things..The one "I" really like..

It is that...Butterflies at play tunic..That is really cute...

Comment

Thank you. What I need is a tunic that is cut straight across on the bottom......something to hide a colostomy bag. As much as I like that butterfly, that style won't hack it. I also don't want bling on my shirts.
      I found some I'd like to order from a SW Indian catalog. (Doesn't look like Native American apparel, but very pretty ones.)
      I did buy some oversize tunic-length tees that feel silky like bamboo shirts....I think I'll find some in my real size now for everyday. The big tee shirts allow easy access to my port for my chemo treatments,and the length is very adequate to hide the colostomy pouch.

Yes, I love butterflies, too, Sassy.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was cute..

YW, and guess there was no harm in trying. Have never known anyone with the colostomy bag, only had a couple of women in the nursing home that had the illiostomy ones and that style worked great for them.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would go for it..too

The colonoscopy bag would definitely show on that style.....yuck. 🙁
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Have you tried this site, looks like maybe some of what you are looking for, seems pricey to me but then I shop at the thrift shop LOL Zulily.com

Comment

Zulily? It keeps popping up, but I don't use it. If I can't browse without having to join, I'll just look elsewhere. Having to join in that way tells me they are "information gatherers", and I don't want them browsing through my computer, or using my private information.

I often use Amazon (Prime). Overstock.com is a good one sometimes, on all kinds of stuff.
          Or I google what I want and it finds sites for me.
          For less pricy stuff, there's a little catalog from National (that's the name of the company). I've ordered from their catalog, and for everyday stuff it's pretty good.

You know, Darla, I find that I really need to try things on. Sizes don't always correspond to what you expect it to be.
          I have size L that are actually XL. Sometimes a size L can be actually M. Depending what countries make their stuff.
          I hate to deal with returning items. It's time wasted, I have to get return packaging. I lose money as well as time. And, it's frustrating.

If we find we can go to GD's wedding in October, I'm going to have to go pricy anyway. (It's aboard a 3-day cruise ship.)
          The in-laws are Russian/Jewish and will dress to the 9's. I've met them. They are basically very nice people, but "Mama" there puts on airs almost constantly, and the girls follow suit (at least in her presence). "Papa" is just the opposite, very relaxed and casual. The boys follow suit. I want to find clothing that's in between. I'm my own trend setter.

Thank you for your efforts to help me. I do appreciate your help.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

No problem Jo, doesn't cost me a thing when I see something I think might be useful to pass on the information. and it kind of runs in my family. There have been several post on facebook about our "efforts" My cousin is like me and does most of her shopping at the thrift stores. She is larger size and one of the ones she goes to just puts all the sizes together and not sorted out. Anyhow she was there and there was a lady looking through at the same time. Sarah found a really cute shirt and so turned and handed it to her (sometimes this backfires and people act offended but not always) The girl got so excited and so Sarah grabbed a couple more things that she had noticed and handed them to her too. The girl ended up putting together like 5 outfits and was super excited and in turn handed Sarah a really cute top she had came across at the otherside of the store that was her size. There are many stories from Sarah's friends about my Aunt walking up to them and handing them clothes and saying "I saw this and think it will look really cute on you" Do you get an Avon book? I have a friend who is in sales and earns most of her clothes through that which she then models on her facebook page. Seems I have seen a couple of their items that look like they may fit what you are looking for. I have noticed some sites that give you a chart and show you how to measure yourself to make sure you get the right size.

Comment

I do read the measuring charts. Sometimes they will say "this runs larger (or smaller)".
              No, we don't see any Avon people/books here. Although Avon says they'll send their nearest representative to you, but I use very little in the way of cosmetics, and can't use some of their products at all (I've discovered from their samples in the past).
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, your cruise/ destination wedding sounds fun. I hope E will write it up for the RT...what you said makes me want to come along and observe!

Comment

If you would like me to I will ask Robin if there is a way that you can just get a book through the mail from the company, or if you pm me your address I'm sure she would be happy just to send you one herself. She isn't super pushy and wouldn't be the type to hound you, but she will tell you that if you are interested in something she would help you with ordering and having it shipped directly to you. We have a couple of friends in TX that she does this for, they really don't like the sales people they have met down there.

Comment

Paula, we have to go to CA to the ship, around San Diego I think. Not sure. It goes down to Baja. (Baha?)
                    Anyway, E & I don't plan to leave the ship. That will compromise my signing into the hospitals/clinics here...they always ask. But we've been to Mexico a few times, so aren't missing much. I'll just shop the ship's gift shop instead. 😄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X