• Show
Clear All

• tuesday 14 June..

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I hope it rain to day..Hot,Hot..

the kittys are watching birds to day

this is cute pic...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

GOOD MORNING.

amen to your cat picture SassyG.... thats my house for sure!

on Sunday I looked at the calendar and thought ,,,oh and almost clear week , no plans" ... HA!,, today is a trip to insurance office.,,tax office. ,,,Walmart.. celebrate lunch with a young lady who is moving away...couple piano lessons.. Wed is spaghetti sauce making day,, plus a pedicure late in afternoon.. Friday is home permanant day .( thank heavens for a granddaughter, beautician trained).. and Im wondering what surprise is waiting for me on Thursday..
    nothing earth shaking in any of that but enough to keep this old gal busy.. plus I have three books on the Nook reader.. and the three I ordered came in the mail yesterday... (Plus three more on Hold for Nook).. spent the last 45 minutes making out monthly bills, scanned into a computer file.. and ready for the mailbox.. whew... time for second cup coffee..
    Sharon, how was the weekend?.
    Elaine.. did you get mowed out?
    Donna. do we need to plan a "grease" day?

and Hi to you all.. be back to read later.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet unless you want to come visit and do that. I'm still waiting for you to return my phone call from 2 weeks ago...LOL! You are busier than me. My business is almost all here at home.

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      me too..lol

Good morning to everyone in our little corner of cyber world.

Sorry for the "left hanging in the air" end of yesterday's post, but I got a call and had to get dressed and leave. Today, so far, is nothing scheduled until about noon when I leave for Vincennes. Of course nothing was planned yesterday until evening. Best laid plans get an early change to schedule.

My left forearm looks like mince-meat right now. Made some new "cuts" on it while mowing under a pear tree. It already looked beat up from the incident at the Lake. Guess that's what happens when you get old. Skin tears easily and you fall harder.

Have a load of laundry in the washer, bedding, as I didn't do it when I did the rest. Put on some new sheets this morning and not sure I'm going to like the polyester. They seem to be a little slick. Knowing me, I'll slide right out of the bed to the floor. Oh well, just pick myself up and get back into bed.

Hope all have a good day. Don't work too hard, there are 4 days left in the week to get all the work done.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Jostoy you are not alone with the bad looking arms...my dad was here to do some work last week...by the end of week he looked like I had been hitting him and leaving bruises...of course I wasn't...and every time he poked himself or anything he would bleed and bleed and bleed. its from the baby asprin he takes daily.

Last night I decided I wanted peanut butter and Jelly for supper to hot for anything else...well I went to get my new jar of peanut butter out of the pantry only to realize that I bought all natural crunchy last week instead of creamy..I decided to go ahead and try it...oh man I won't be eating any other type of peanut butter again.!!

Volunteering this morning early afternoon...then spending the rest of the day trying to stay cool. Tonight is America's got talent on T.V. love that show.

Comment

Morning all

Nothing new to report. Get up, go to work, come home, eat supper, and go back to sleep. That's our entire world.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          No luck on the apt hunting?

• Pat B
          Pat B commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. I'm guessing we will have to wait until tourist season ends.

Good Morning! The sun is shining & might get out of the low 70's today.

Yesterday was good. Got vehicles swapped with Becca, went to the bank then swapped vehicles with Cork then took his car to the shop to get inspected. Walked home and started working on the front room which is divided in 2....Becca's room and a sitting room....both were a disaster. The sitting part most of the concession stand supplies which I got situated in the pantry, then gave it a good sweeping. Looks nice! Then onto tackling Becca's room. I had ask her what could go up in the attic, but she never said anything, so I made that decision. So now there are 3 boxes of stuff and 4 bags of blankets ready to go up. Her bedding in the the washing machine and once they are dry, I'll assemble her bed again. I would not be ashamed to have company stay in there now. Blaise & I then headed down to the pool. He played, I cleaned & got splashed occasionally. Made Orange Chicken for dinner...yum!

One of my emails came through for a $9.99 sitting for pictures, so I made an appointment for Blaise since I didn't get his pictures taken yet for this year. I then called Lori to get our hair done tomorrow. I'm getting a perm. Can't stand my flat hair. We'll get Blaise looking like a little boy. Kathy wants to shave his head, which I'm fine with, but not until after his pictures.

This morning I had to head down to the pool first thing. I put in a new algiside that claimed NO FOAMING...guess what?...it foamed. What a mess! Laundry and more cleaning are on my agenda. I'm working on dinner for right now so that I won't heat up the house when it gets hotter this afternoon.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning!

Therapist just left and I am out the door to the dentist.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Donna, sorry about the phone call not returned .. did not even see it on phone... ( little old people claim bad memories when it suits them )
            I am ready for visit and grease balls...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, got the call from the dentist office. She had looked at the x-rays and said it should be no problem to remove the last teeth, but will have to find another dentist to do dentures. She refuses to do any on the State plans, she said they are very poor quality and she doesn't want her name associated with the shoddy work that is the only thing they will pay for. Since everything is up in the air and it would take at least 6 weeks to be fitted for them I'm okay with that. At least they will be out and I won't have to worry about dealing with them hurting all the time.

Falling must be in the air, talked to Sheryle last night and her husband fell twice in one day, she said that he needed stitches but seems they can't do those after 12 hours. They had went to the ball game and he fell when they were leaving ripping up his arm pretty good. The ambulance wouldn't take him to the hospital where his Dr.s are (had to take him to the nearest one) So once they checked him out for the bump on the head she brought him home, where he fell in the yard, so she took him to where their Drs are and they said they couldn't do stitches. The hospital he was taken to the first time, is a very poor one. Neighbor is a nurse who only works "on call" and she refuses to work at it, she calls it the waiting room of death.

JoG, the comment button should be at the bottom of the post, no matter what you are using. Right below each post are 4 tags, Quote, Comment, Flag & Like, since it is part of the forum design, and not the devise, it should be there.

Comment

Good morning.
                I just vegged in bed til 7. I meant to get up earlier.

I think today should be 100° or slightly more. We will have 115° this weekend. A pool would be nice, but I never want to deal with the upkeep again. We had a pool in Phoenix, but after the fun nobody would help, they disappeared. Unless all I asked was to take a jar of pool water to the pool supply place down the road to get the right chemicals. After startup in May, July would present swamp-green water for different chemicals. We had a "regulation size" pool and a diving board.
                A big house, a big pool, plus the yard work got to be too much for me.

It feels, so far, that it'll be a good day.
                Yesterday my physical therapist told me there's nothing more that she can do for me at this point. My foot with cellulitis only hurts on one side now, but it hurts more than before. I see my head oncologist on Friday, so maybe he can figure out what to do. It sure impedes any walking I need to do. Anyway, I cancelled the remaining appointments.

Darla, my iPads show a folder for Infractions, the Quote, Flag, and Like.

Well, most of you have your day well started, morning is almost gone for you. I have yet to do anything. I have my mocha, but not breakfast yet. I need breakfast to control half my medications!
                Oh, then I have to call for medication refills for the upcoming Round 2 of chemo after my week off meds starting Thursday.

So, wishing you all a very good day! 🌵
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Flag Day!
                  Busy paperwork done day here. I needed some bank statements and tax returns faxed and actually put my hands on everything without any panic time.
                  Cool this morning and no air needed .
                  I went to dinner with friends last night. Thai shrimp salad at Applebee's and then another local restaurant for dessert. I chose Applebee's and I am over it.
                  Lawn guys are here...noisy morning.
                  Have a good day! Count your blessings! It sure helps me focus on the positive things in my life!

Comment

Another day in paradise...or at least a day with the grass finally cut and the yard beginning to look normal. This heat is so nice for me but the son likes the a/c more. Silly boy lounges around all morning (he is on vacation) then goes out in the heat and complains it is to hot. Early ball game tonight so it will be hot but at least it is a home game so no travel involved. The liner for my sister's pool is being installed today and they are livid that it has taken this long. She says when they close it this fall it will be with a different company..no excuse for shoddy customer service on old customers. They leave for a week on the beach in NC Saturday. Can you believe I gave up a week on the beach? Me!!? Next year we have promised Andrew Disney so looks like I will not beach-it next summer either. We do have some small trips planned for Andrew during the next weeks, the water park and Six Flags (which I will NOT do). A one day tubing trip but a two day trip. Suppose to meet Scott in St. Louis Saturday for the Spaghetti Factory and some shopping...neither of us are in shopping mode so may just eat and come home to swim with the kids. Still waiting for the porch bid...yes more work on the porch, we should have done it all instead of just the new steps the first time around but we didn't know we wanted to do more until we saw the new steps. Have laundry going and that may be all I do today. Why am I still working when the vacation boy is practicing some easy living?

Comment

Maxie, it wouldn't hurt to teach "vacation boy" to do some laundry. When my grandkids were about his age, their mothers taught their kids to do their laundry. Or the loads of towels for a start. Wash, dry, fold, and put away.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, before I moved in he did do laundry and when he came to my house I would rip the shirt off his back and iron it...even a tee shirt! His laundry skills are horrible and always have been...as are his house cleaning skills. He mopped floors when he stuck to them and did laundry only when he was out of clean. I am a little OCD in clean and neat as is my eldest son. This one is a lost cause and always will be. I tried not doing his laundry but it laid around until it was piled high. Sooo, I do the laundry. It certainly cuts down on the stink. Some guys are not trainable. His father was the same way...a perfectionist in his work and remodeling skills but a total pig in his living habits.

Comment

😄 Some girls are untrainable, too Maxie. Seemed to be on purpose, though. They did have chores to do, and if necessary I stood behind them while they did. One of them has her daughters' help these days. The other one, her husband does most of the domestic chores and cooking. He doesn't seem to mind, though. Lucky her!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X