Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Rise and Shine

Good morning everyone.

Got the shed area tilled and seeded, but didn't get the house cleaned. I was to "pooped to pop", so that will be another day's job.

Church this morning then whatever happens happens.

Everyone have a good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 05-29-2016, 05:48 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning, Jo,and All Who Drop By ~~~

Quiet day at home for us (except for these bawling cows!) Made vegetable soup yesterday and have a ton of veggies left, so will make a meatloaf to round it all out.

Have a beautiful Sunday.

Comment

Good morning, all. Another very warm day. It is predicted to be 102º by Friday. Makes me wish for a swimming pool. Guess I'll just have to sir under the A/C and read.

Darned back went out for no apparent reason yesterday. Had planned on a Thai chicken dish for dinner, had the chicken marinating and had to shut down on that. Cooked up some spaghetti, warmed up some sauce, made a quick salad and had to quit before I had eaten enough to fill me up. Oh well, I have lunch all made and chicken ready to cook when I get it all together.

Must go see if Erika has posted any new baby pics.

Have a good one and keep cool.

Comment

Heading in to shower and then make my salad. Just the 3 of us heading to my sister's from this end of the world. Scott will meet us there....so looking forward to nice day with the sun shining. Last evening Sierra drove me home to see the flags on the graves. The scouts every year place flags on the graves of veterans and I always go look at my husbands. Noticed how faded the flowers were that we placed at Easter so need to replace them. I should have checked them sooner but who would have thought you would only get a couple of months out of grave flowers. He is in the old cemetery since the family plot dates back to 1906 so there are few flags out there. The new cemetery was beautiful with flags when we drove by. So glad the community honors the military. It is a gorgeous day without rain predicted...for today. I need to get my shower and salad put together. Have a marvelous Sunday.

Comment

good morning

been up for couple hours... getting my food prepared to take to DIL's sister's house after church..... Dear Great-grandson will be there.. finally get to see him crawling and jibbering ... Have not see much of this little guy... his Mom and Dad both work. and when they get home in evening they stay home to enjoy him.. on weekends . its catch up time for them too.. so I will enjoy just watching him today..

will stop at the cemeteries some time today or maybe tomorrow...... both our parents graves are in perpetual care and as is our grandparents but not the same cemetery.. I am not real sentimental over graves.. because they are not there... I have had more looking back thoughts on my Mother on Mothers Day... .

Barb.. I live with a guy with a Bad Back and know how quickly feeling good can go to "I can't move"... just have to stop and take it slow and easy.

Jostoy .. ah , smart lady.. do the house next spurt of energy!...'

Elaine, I' ll have a bowl of that soup please....sounds delious...

and all of you have a great two days... see you later

~~~~~~~~Hi Paula

You ok Justy?

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
            Looks like another bright, clear day....it'll be 95° today. Wish our trees would grow faster and give us some shade.
            Looks like a quiet, peaceful day for us again.

I shall attempt to make spaghetti & sauce today. That's simple enough. The pain level in my bad foot has dropped a bit, so I can stand for short periods of time---enough to make spaghetti & sauce, anyway.
            I had E buy some meats that were on sale. That's to lure me into the kitchen to start cooking again.

The "Henley" style sleep shirts I ordered came in. They're about knee length. I hope a little shrinkage in the laundry will make them pass as tunic length shirts. That would make them absolutely perfect for chemo days, so the nurses can get to my port easily.
            Other than that, nothing much is new here.

Have a super-duper day! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I'm fine Maye, thanks for asking.

Son took the flowers to cemetery for me Friday afternoon since I am not able anymore. He took pictures of all of them with his phone so I could see how nice they looked.

Have an appointment with the pulmonary doctor this coming Friday. That is if they don't change it. This appointment has been change 4 times by them already, Going to let him know that I am really struggling breathing when I move a few feet. I don't think the high priced Spiriva is doing me much good if any. I faithfully do my Trilogy machine treatments so I don't know what he can come up with or even if he will try something different. I am just thankful I didn't have this when I was younger!

Comment

Maye, on occasions I think of my Mom, I also think of my grandma (mom's mom). She lived across the street and therefore played a big role in my growing up. She guided me in positive ways, whereas my mom was more a negative person. Likewise, when I think of my Dad, I also think of my granddad (mom's dad). Never knew my dad's parents, as they both had died by the time dad was in 8th grade.....but I wonder about them, too.
                My grandma liked that I baked them a cake on every holiday; her very favorite cake was the "confetti angel cake", a Betty Crocker innovation. 😊
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Church and then my friend's barbecue at her parents. We have all been friends so l g we consider ourselves " self proclaimed family."
                  I made the chocolate roll cake last night and Becky is making the filling and ganache this morning. It is a Peanut butter cup cake roll that she found on Pinterest, but we used another recipe for the cake and then the original for the filling.
                  Barb, come up and swim or float around the pool with me. We got in yesterday ( kind of shocking cold at first, then so refreshing) and now feel like it is summer.
                  I need to get a few more pool noodles.
                  Wishing all of you a great day of wonderful memories and gratitude for our free country and the men and women who have served so honorably.
                  God Bless America!

Comment

• BarbCA108
                    BarbCA108 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the invitation, Paula. Wish I could but traveling anywhere else just isn't going to happen. Even missed my daughter's wedding and it was just in Santa Cruz. Don't even go to visit my dearest friend who loves in Oakland anymore. Love the train ride but it has gotten stressful to sleep anywhere but my own bed.
                    I do call her fairly often.

Good Morning, got the grass 99% mowed yesterday, I was doing pretty good until I got to the hill and my knee started acting up.Sat down and took a rest and did some more, mowed what I could from the top and then what I could from the bottom leaving about a lawn mowers width in the middle. I used to walk sideways on the hill but now the uneveness of it pulls my knees out. Kenny did help but he had to stop more often in order to breath. Came in and took the 3rd pain pill that I"m allowed sat down in the recliner and was out, woke up to leg and foot cramps, couldn't sit, couldn't stand, couldn't walk, was just in tears for about 15 minutes until the pain rub the Dr gave me kicked in. Hoping that the insurance says yes to the shot this time without going through all the rigamarole I had to last time. He is pretty sure they will since I have had one and had to prove that PT did not help before it and that I got vast relief from it.

jostoy, I know he isn't going to make a total change, just looking for a little improvement in his attitude. Oh well maybe if things don't fall into place and we end up not together he will look back and learn from what happened. Marriage you are talking about I kind of watched but know that it was built on dishonesty on both sides.

Nalani, my niece, her hubby and daughter are in your neck of the woods on vacation, she has been posting pics of the beautiful weather, sea turtles nesting. Not sure where it is but they were at Black Sand something or other (nature preserve?)

Where is Pat?
                  Last edited by determined; 05-29-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Hey all! The sun is hiding at the moment. Heard some rumbling in a distance.

Yesterday was good. Worked a bit more on the pool. Had to put 8 more scoops of chlorine in it and it's still not clean. I don't think the filter is working properly. Will have to deal with that on Tuesday since everything is closed tomorrow...as it should be. Cork took Blaise to town with him, so I have a couple hours by myself. Did some cleaning. After dinner I went to visit Elaine, who I grew up playing with when we were kids. Her husband joined in on most of the visit and it was nice to get to know him too. I can see more visits in the future.

Mike...Elaine's husband...was telling me they are hiring 30 new people at the plant he works, so I got all the info for Cork to apply there. I pray (and will you too?) that he gets a job there. It's a living wage. He is getting hired at the plant he's been working at thru a temp agency, but it's not a living wage, though he enjoys it & who he works with. God is in control, and it'll all work out.

This morning we went to church & SS. Stopped at a flea market on the way home. I got 2 Longaberger pie baskets (with the shelf) for $20 total. I didn't have the money today, but the person selling it works at the beauty shop I go to, so I'll go Tue or Wed and pick them up. I'll have enough baskets to transport 16 pies now. Came home and grabbed a bit to eat then headed to the grocery store. I went for milk for my cereal and there was very little. Having Kathy & Becca around is costing me a lot more in groceries. Plan to do some baking & cooking this afternoon after I read for a bit.

I don't think Pat had to work this weekend, so I think they were going somewhere if my memory serves me right.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                    X