X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ May 25

Good Morning!

How is everyone this fine day?

Had a little excitement yesterday..nephew was bailing hay across the street and the bayor caught fire so we had to call the fire department and burning rubber and burning hay are never pleasant things to smell. But the good news is that he bought a new one and it is much better than the old - just like cars, they get more sophisticated all the time.

No plans. Exercise and therapist coming this afternoon.

Have a beautiful day!,

Good Morning everyone..

How is everyone doing with this weather..

This is crazy weather..

I thought we need a funny pic...

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      My get up and go is still 'going' so I am taking advantage of it, and it's because the weather has been so nice...but they speak of 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms this afternoon...so will do what I need on the outside and save the laundry and dusting for later..

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler,lol..You know..I would...The weather it is wounderful..They say "might" rain..lol...Save the laundry...The dust will be there....

Good Morning, good morning, good morning to you, good morning, good morning and how do you do? Another great morning outside but they speak of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon...so I will enjoy the doors and windows being open for now, and watch my nice clean windows get spotted later...

Ladies that told me of Olay face cream, let me ask you this, what flavor do you buy? When I went looking they had a multitude of choices, one for fine lines, one for age spots, one to even out color, one that has a color enhancer, one with sunscreen, etc., etc. help me out here, I have all of the above, and need help...

Had some delicious kabobs on the grill last night, chicken, gr. peppers, red peppers, onion and pineapple, and when almost finished brushed them with a mixture of Lawry's Sweet Asian BBQ marinade & Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame lite dressing..hubby loved it, so will write the concoction down to use again...

Got the oil changed in the car yesterday, then went to the store, came home and got busy cutting up the things I needed to make kabobs, got the skewers in water to soak...next thing you know it is time to get supper started on the grill, clean up and then it was almost 7:30...when hubby retires I so look forward to having our bigger meal midday...the late night clean ups are getting to me..

Well I still need to find boxes to ship a few things out today so I best get dressed and get this day started...Have a day filled with good thoughts and some smiles...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Olay total effects 7 with SPF. I also have the color tinted but it is to dark so if I need 'makeup' I put a small drop into the white cream and mix it together to get a bit of color. Now if I am out pool sitting I do use a sunscreen made for the face with a higher SPF.

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday wasn't near as productive as the day before, but enough. The sweet ants have shown up again this year, so I cleaned out all of shelves with food & spices, wiped them with Clorox water, then put tabs with Torro in each. It'll take a few days, but once they take that stuff back to their nest, they'll be gone for a while. My friend Jennifer came for a visit, which was nice. Blaise & I went to the library. I actually picked up a few books. I back into the reading mood. Kathy & Jimmy showed up. Made meatloaf for dinner. Oh did that taste good! Haven't had that in quite a while. One thing nice I'll say about Jimmy, he knows how to show appreciation for a good meal....and cookies.

Cork came home and worked on getting the pool ready. Now I just have to buy the proper chemicals to clear the water. Maybe by the weekend we'll be able to dip our toes in the water. Way too cold for me yet. Had a nice chat with Becca once she got home from work. Found out not all the boys there are troubled children. Some are orphans or abused children and were just placed there until they either age out of the system or get adopted. Breaks her heart.

This morning I'm going to Aldi's to pick up their Wednesday super meal sales, then it's home to cook & bake. The restaurant called last night for a cake & pies and it's my final cooking day for my cousin Karen until next school year. Then tomorrow I have to bake 55 cupcakes for an order.

Have a good one all! Elaine...thank goodness it didn't catch the field on fire.

Comment

Woke this morning with a stuffy nose, clogged ears, headache...has anyone mentioned how bad allergies are this spring? Sitting at a cold baseball field may not have helped. We did not get home until 11:00 from a 9 year olds baseball game! Game has a time limit of 10:00 but then factor in travel time and it was past my bedtime. And the score was 20 to zip...we being the zip. But boy did those kids look great in those brand new spanking clean uniforms! Hot Dog! get to do it again tomorrow night but I think it is a home game, still 8:00. Yesterday the power went out right in the middle of my shower. Boy is it dark in a shower with the lights off! Was out the door heading home with my hair wet when it finally came back on with a swoosh. It kicked over all the power surgers. Never had power come back on with that force. Country living....something is always going out and this city girl liked being able to count on having lights and tv and internet all day every day. I would not have made a good pioneer...bitch bitch bitch all the way across the country in my covered wagon. Today I need to grocery shop since it is my only day home for the week. Suppose to rain but did not yesterday so maybe it will miss us today too. My son is over watering our new plantings and they need a chance to dry out before rain moves in. Can you believe he bought a new hose and water head and chemicals and went into this flower business like it was a career. Weeds have perked up their little heads and are settling in for the summer and bringing their buddies..unlike the hummers who are still keeping their distance. Have a good one everyone...

Comment

Good Morning .

Donna forgot to mention , the sun is shining!.... altho' I keep hearing a mourning Dove coo ing outside.. that used to mean there would be rain shortly.. for me it means , his wife has went off shopping and he wants her to come home.. it such a sad sound.

slept in!. until almost 8am... unheard of around here!... hopefully will help motivate me... we will need a trip to groc stores. today.. and get whatever else D. needs.....

HE WON!!!.... Nyle won the DWTSs ...I predicted that ( on my little "keep-score" sheet) the very first week.. he was my choice the whole time... would not have been upset if Paige ,the little boxer, would have won... but she was brought up in her Moms dance studio.. so had a head start on technics... Think Peta deserved a special award for her work with Nyle.... what a challenge for her.....NOW, I get my Mondays back ... I don't commit myself to any TV shows.. ( including ballgames ,NCIS ,CAstle ,eetc.. )... like to be able to read read read.

The cat picture SassyG has on has the coloration of my KatieKat.. .Thanks Sassy.

Hi to all .. be back later ..I hear DAvid making ,,,,lets-go , moves...
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          Full day ahead. I have to check if E did my laundry......I have special oversized tees for days like today. It has an easy access neckline for using a port, though it still covers everything..... I wear a buttoned shirt with it anyway. (I may order additional ones.)
          Today I have PT at noon. I will have to leave early though, so I will tell my therapist to skip the darn foot massage, as it is still hurting and inflamed from the last one.
          I'm leaving early because yesterday afternoon I had a call from the cancer center, my cancer doctor is finally ready to see me this afternoon. I don't think they'll begin the actual chemo today. I get there mid afternoon, they'd have to send me for labs, hook me up for 2-4 hours and whatever. The appointment notification says it's a 20- minute appointment. So what I'm anticipating is a review of procedures & meds, and scheduling the chemo itself.
          Then I have to juggle calendar days for PT for the next 3 weeks.

OK, now I've finished breakfast, and need to wash my hair, find my outfit and be ready. Also need to dump out half of my purse contents. It's getting too heavy.

Sharon, a lot of those additives in Olay are for personal taste. The color tinted stuff is for if you want to have a hint of tan.....really unnecessary for most times. I just get the bottle of Moisturing Lotion with Subscreen SPF 15.....best bet for every day. Get the other stuff later to experiment if you want.

Maxie, you make me laugh. As much as you like to bitch, it's all honest and coated with humor. The pioneers would have loved and accepted you for who you are!

Sassy, I love that cat pic!

To all, have a great day.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..MAY have found my kitty she is a brownish grey tabby with sage green eyes..her name will be sage...I slept in too..am headed out the door in a minute to the laundry mat across the road..my sister is coming to put my bed together and I want to be out of her way...and I decided it would be good to wash the quilt before It goes back on my bed...

Have a hair cut this afternoon...

church tonight...pizza at church

Comment

Good Morning

Elaine, I hope that the baler catching fire didn't hurt to much, yes the balers are expensive but loosing hay is also bad. Hope it didn't take out to much of the hay field. One of Daddy's worries was that he wouldn't get enough hay baled for winter and would have to buy some to tide the cows over. He always knew about how much would be needed (always counted on a bad winter) and until we got the last of his "needed" hay into the barn he would worry and fuss.

Maxie, growing up out in the country we always had the power going off, sometimes for days on end. Can remember a few times of one of us getting caught in the shower when it happened, we had a cistern and an electric pump, which meant no power no water. Always a big rain barrel sitting and so whoever wasn't caught in the shower would have to carry a couple buckets of water into who was caught so they could finish up. Wouldn't want to go back to that but know that as much as I wouldn't like it, I could do it.

And yes ladies, Kenny needs to learn, but his being 62 years old don't know if he ever will. He is still talking about "If" and refusing to make a plan B. I have not told him my plan B since I know it will cause a big fight and I would most likely end up leaving here without the animals, yes he can be that petty as to make them suffer because he's mad at me. I blame his lack of responsibility on his Mom, I loved the woman to death but she never made him stand totally on his own to feet, she was always there with her checkbook to bail him out, and always with the "it wasn't Kenneth's fault" And Boff, no he won't let me handle anything to do with the money, how many times I have sat down with paper and pen and showed him, this is what we have to have for bills, this is how much we need for household stuff (toilet paper, detergent etc) and this is how much is left over. And what I get is "I'm the only one with money coming in, it's my money so don't worry about it, if you don't like it pack your clothes and leave." Once he said he was going to turn the checkbook over to me and I told him that I would deal with it, but that meant that he would have to live in the restraints that I set, that meant no borrowing from anyone, no tabs anywhere, no withdrawing money without my say, no checks without my say and if he would follow that I would have us set up and have a little extra put back for emergency's. As soon as I told him the terms he got mad and said "It's MY money and you are to stupid to deal with money" I pointed out that I kept a roof over me and 3 kids head's for years on the amount of his check or less. Anyhow looks like this time he is gonna fall flat on his face, which I really don't want to see happen, because I do love him,

I had a phone interview with SS yesterday and he is already making plans for when I get it and how much I will get and this is what we are going to buy.

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd say....MY MONEY...I'll deal with it.

Well, good morning, Rounders.
              Darla, thinking of you non stop.
              I was so happy about that Mirror Ball, Maye! Everything I read about Nyle was just so outstanding. His background, his feelings for the deaf community. His humility when he was misunderstood in his comment about Val... Just such a great man!
              And Paige, too. For a season that started with my really not knowing very many of the "stars" it has turned into my favorite. Three of the nights we have " protected" on our dvr so they won't be accidently erased. Not for awhile.
              Hope that smell is gone by now, Elaine.
              JoG, what size, style of tee shirt do you use for these treatment days?
              My brother emailed me my ticket information for the November wedding in Tampa. The search for something to wear is on in earnest! I know what I don't want: anything like the last two outfits I bought. Too loose/ shapeless and in pictures I thought they looked like maternity clothes. Plus, the silk tunic I wore in October to that wedding got wet in the rain and looked awful....
              Ok, enough and on to that Great Day I wish for us all!

Comment

Darla, I'd open another bank account to have the SS check directly deposited. That way he doesn't see it. Out of sight, out of mind? Fewer arguments??
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Paula, the tees are a simple, tunic length, round-neckline, knit cotton blend (they feel like bamboo, very soft). I found them somewhere online, maybe Amazon. I bought a size XL, which is slightly large on me. They aren't shrinking in the wash. But, as is, it makes easy access to uncover my port; the length covers my colostomy bag.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X