X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ May 24

Good Morning, Friends!

Well, I stayed in bed 5 hours. Awesome!

Need to make my way to the freezer to see what we can take our for lunch.

Last night John had canned chili and I had cottage cheese. We need to do better than that. LOL

Have a good day, Everyone.

Sharon, I don't need a cat tunnel, but please tell me about it. It's wonderful!

Good morning...my parents are here leaving this morning...I am volunteering then have no plans...will get a few groceries in the morning on the bus...Will come home from volunteering and just hang out....not feeling the greatest..allergies again.

Comment

Good Morning, Had a long talk with my sister yesterday so kind of have a plan for me and the critters if worse comes to worse. She doesn't have a lot or much room, but she has told me that she will come and get me and the animals and make sure that I have a roof over my head and food in my belly. Really don't want to leave IN right now since don't know if I will get health coverage in IL and also have just started my SSI application and don't know if it will pick up there or if I will have to start all over. A couple of people told me that everything will transfer but guess if I have to start everything over that I will survive. He on the other hand refuses to even talk about a plan B and if I try to talk to him about one he gets mad and tells me that I'm being negative, so if things work out and we can stay together they work out, but I'm the type that I can hope and pray for the best but have to have a back up for the worse.
      When talking to my sister I said that I'm going through either I don't eat or I find myself grazing and all my pants are getting tight, she laughed and told me not to worry about it, that she has a closet full of clothes and is sure that I won't have to go naked

Comment

Good Morning and another day of warmth and sunshine, love it, but I will have to make sure to stay out of the sun for now until my 'sun rash' heals, seems I am allergic to the sun now...probably because of the mega dose of Remicade I am getting, never did that to me before...I have a rash on my face, ears, neck, top part of my chest and back...and it is itchy....was told if it doesn't get better will need a shot and some cream...guess I will be buying myself a large brimmed hat and sunscreen now.

Determined, I am with you, I want a back up plan, but with having critters, lots of places do not want to rent to you either because of it...is this Kenny's Mom's house that there are taxes due on? He just let it get to far out of hand...we live by a budget to make sure the money for taxes is always there...I am sure he doesn't let you take care of any of that, LOL...I sure hope things work out for you.

My plan of action today is first get the oil changed in my car, appt. at 10:00, then head to the store, need to find a box to ship something in, that is hard to do...will go to the post office and find one..then need some things from the store, then back home to finish up the laundry I started after I got back home yesterday. Things went great at pulmonary Drs. COPD doing great...no breathing issues...but I will be getting a special scan of my lungs to check for any signs of cancer, my Grandfather died from lung cancer, add to that my years of smoking before I quit, being raised in a house with smokers, a coal furnace, woodburning fireplace, years of breathing hairspray, and a basement that tested positive for radon, so good reason he wants me to have it done.

Everything planted in the garden except my potatoes, will do those tonight...had to cut them and wait for a skin to form before putting in the ground..so here's to everyone having a wonderful day...thinking of so many of you..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning .

and there is sunshine. so that will help restore this tired old gal... loved the weekend to pieces . but sure does take a lot of energy to keep up with these kids.....(and I needed all those missed naps. ..
          one load clothes in washer. more to come.. David is snoozing already.. hope he can set still today.. I do not feel like walking stores today...

((((((((((((((Darla))))))))))))))))))...
          Hi Sharon ,love it when you sound chipper..puts me in the mood to work
          Elaine , that sounds like some of David's and I evening meals.
          Bethina,, allergies are the most miserable thing!

will sign off and come back when more of you have signed in..see you.~~~
          Last edited by Mayebarnes; 05-24-2016, 07:36 AM.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
            boffler commented
            Editing a comment
            Maye I am so chipper even the birds are chirping louder...

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was SUPPOSE to be sunny ALL DAY, but we got that 20% chance of rain for at least a half an hour.

Yesterday was very productive. I cleaned...which you all know I HATE. Of course every floor that I mopped or swept got a spill on it last evening...grrrrr! Roasted a whole chicken served with lots of veggies....yum!

Not sure what today will bring. I was suppose to be meeting with a friend from church, but haven't heard back from her. The sweet ants have showed back up for the year, so I need to clean out a few kitchen cabinets and put out the Torro. Cork is coming home and hooking the pool pipes back up. We may have the pool up and running next week. I'm in no hurry though.

Darla...I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I'm the one who always has plan B, C, & D. I like to be in control.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good late morning. I went to bed after hockey and baseball but could not sleep. The Blues are just barely hanging on but those Cardinals beat the Cubs with a walk off home run! Sierra was at the ball game and after leaving her friends last night used me as company for her drive home so I had a late night. Oh well, nothing to do today but get a pedi. Then the exterminator is coming for his semi annual visit and tonight is Drew's first ballgame...a late game out of town...naturally! Weather indicated rain for the rest of the week but the sun is shining for now. Sure hope none of Andrew's games are rain-outs and have to be made up. If they want this season ended by June 30 there is no room for a make up game. This is a big run around week so not expecting much in the line of house work or even home time. Sierra joining us at Andrews game so will see both grands tonight. (((Darla))), sisters are the greatest. Elaine, Jo, thinking of you both. Boffler, make sure you use sunscreen at all times. There is sun screen even in my face cream. Maye, hope you get to stay home and relax...Beth, hang in there. Allergies will be gone soon..I hope! Happy Tuesday all, hope I didn't miss anyone. Need to get running..places to go, people to see, I never have to look far for a place to spend money.

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              I am going to have to do just that Maxie. What brand and name is the face cream?

Had to log in again today.
            Good morning, all. Still cool but the sun is shining though we did get a few drops of rain yesterday.

Short ribs are in the crock pot simmering away for my supper. Will have noodles and a salad or veg with that. I do love short ribs and the were very lean for short ribs so they will take a while, hence crock pot.

Sharon, I learned a long tine ago to always have a Plan B for anything major and a lot of minor things too. Good luck.

That's all for now. Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning.
              Trash pickup today....it makes for a noisy morning with the trash trucks all in the area somewhere.

No plans for today. Foot problems after the extended vigorous massage my PT gave me....I let her know it was hurting, but then she'd press even more. I have to go back tomorrow, but will refuse any massage from her.
              Shes trying to diagnose my feet now....not her job....I just finished a regimen of blood thinner shots, so she van (but won't) rule out blood clots. My dizziness is more from certain meds marked with that warning, and has nothing to do with blood pressure. My docs are happy with my current stats.

Oh, I nearly forgot....if I don't hear from the cancer doctors office this morning, I'm to call one of my nurses back and she'll see why the chemo people aren't setting it up. I assume now that it will begin next week. I still have to make up the schedules on my calendar, but can't until I get the stupid info.

Sharon, a nice facial moisturizer with sunscreen in it is what I use. I prefer the Olay brand....it doesn't seem oily like some, and my skin absorbs it quickly. It doesn't feel as heavy as regular sunscreen.

Darla, at least you have a backup plan. I agree that Kenny needs to learn to plan ahead, and set aside a certain amount of money from each check to cover those type bills. My DD learned to do that....she had a regular checking acct, a savings acct for medical emergencies, a savings acct for tax payment, etc., and it worked out fine for her. Her husband only had authorization for one acct she made for his allowance......and explain that if he brought home a smaller check, his allowance would be cut by the same percentage; maybe more, if there were outstanding bills because of it.

To everyone, have a super duper day. 😎
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Will be checking that out...my bath wash is Olay...

Yes, JoGee, Olay is also my choice and for the very reasons you listed. Have tried others but this is the best feeling for all day wear.

Comment

Good morning. I wish I had some answers, Darla. Thankful your sister is your safety net. I have thought through a couple of plans for "After daycare" and the budget cuts that are needed.
                Cloudy, overcast day with lawn mowers coming and two kids on a later schedule, so the day is starting well.
                I am in between books so I am going through my notebooks of recipes. Love reading and re-finding some old favorites.
                Elaine, one of my favorite meals is cottage cheese with avocado, tomato and cucumber cut up in it.
                Hope you all have a good day and find answers to your questions!

Comment

It looks like I will get my introduction and be double checked for chemo tomorrow afternoon.

Sharon... My everyday moisture is Olay's bottle of moisturing lotion with sunscreen. I may use a bottle of a cream for firming "mature" skin when I'm going somewhere special. I apply the moisturizer to damp skin for a better moisture barrier.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
                    boffler commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you, went looking yesterday and had so many choices I left without buying anything, should have come back and read some of the replies from you and Maxie, so back to the store I go today...

Aloha all!

Will have lunch with Patty and Walt today.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                  X