Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday... 18,, HI Gang!

Good Morning

well, good except for its raining.. cold ,wet and we are making a 2 hr trip to see DAvid's sister, in hospital , again.. she now has pneumonia.. a low oxygen input.. and was unconscious when brought to hospital yesterday ...had to do intubation down her throat .. legs,feet swollen with fluid... not good news at all.......daughter Karen is driving us ...sister Bonny is 11 years younger than David.. has progressed downward in her health these last few months... she is very heavy and a type 1 diabetic.(severe).. multiple problems.. ...
    .... the aggravation of not being able to drive ourselves is high on the list of "old-age" drawbacks......would have gone out more but I can't tie up my kids time ...I can drive but on a high speed turnpike with them big big trucks.. I just don't feel confident to go that far .. darn darn

hope to be late this evening ... to everyone be good today.!
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Combine our post, I was typing as you were posting...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning. It's blah out there.

Yesterday was OK. I got moving first thing and got the banking & grocery shopping done and all put away, then I ran out of energy. I did take Blaise to the library, but while there Becca texted and needed stuff from my car before she went to work, so we zipped back home. She was in a foul mood by then. We then went back to Saxonburg to go to Dollar General and pick up a few items plus a few other things we didn't KNOW we NEEDED. LOL! How does that happen? Just puttered the afternoon away. I never did get the cookie dough mixed up.

Today is cooking day for my cousin Karen's family. I see she's not going to be home, so I guess I'll be delivering it. Will call her later & find out. Ham & scalloped potatoes are on the menu. I've got the ham already on roasting slowly. Maybe I'll mix up the dough this morning.

Kathy is supposedly applying for a job down at the restaurant I bake for. I hope they don't call me as a reference. Becca turned in the days she was available to work for the month of May and they scheduled her for every single day she circled. At this rate, she'll have her 160 hr apprenticeship hours completed in less than 4 weeks. Working this many hours means she'll be tired and grumpy...good thing she'll be moving in 2 weeks, so she'll come home to her own apt and growl at nobody. LOL!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning still don't know what in the world is going on with work...my job coach is just as confused as me! He is going to try to learn more this morning and text me...My allergies are horrible again today...I am going to make a doctor's appointment for Friday...going to try to get a nose spray...and get my ears checked...

Volunteering this morning chiropractor this afternoon...maybe dinner before church with a friend this evening..

Going to the zoo with a group of people tomarrow..I am hoping that I feel much better for that!

Comment

Good morning, all. Another hot day at 91º for a high. A/C this afternoon. Cooling a bit tomorrow and much more so next day.

Only thing on my agenda today is baking my pound cake and setting up the ingredients for the Focaccia bread so I can get it into the oven early tomorrow.

Oops! forgot to take my morning pills. They're in a little cup on the counter as I set them there every evening while I'm getting
          ready for bed.

Maye, I know about not being able to drive ourselves anymore. Haven't driven for over a year. Now I have this PT for my knee so I have to go in twice a week. Thank God for baby sis. She's almost fourteen years younger than I and doesn't seem to mind driving me around. It does bother me, though, but I nearly caused an accident last time I drove so I quit right then and there.
          I can usually get a ride with the Dial-a-Ride service if I notify them ahead of time but it seems that if I have to go around 9:00 they are all tied up with other people. I can also get a Day Pass for only $5 if I have several stops so at least that's a saving.

Beth, sorry for the allergies. Have fun at the zoo.

Hey! Donna, busy as usual. Will go read boffler's post.

Comment

Good Morning, not much going on here, well at least nothing that I want to talk about, just say that if you all can say a little prayer that things will work out around here.

Paula, was wondering if the person you were helping to get back home by Greyhound made it, if they at least contacted you to say they were there safe and sound.

Comment

I did not sleep much last night. First night I have like that in a while. So I stumble out with a headache and what hits me in the face? SUN!!! Glorious sun shining in through the front windows. Made me instantly feel better! Still have the headache compliments of allergy season but my spirits lifted immediately. I think I can even face the prospect of lunch with the school chums. Sierra showed up unannounced yesterday and for no reason although it did cost me $101.00 because the sticker for her car is due at the end of the month so we did that and had lunch. Then fixed a nice dinner which everyone ate like pigs...I need to make an effort and cook a better class of meal on occasion because these people can lick a table clean when I do. My sister called and is hosting Memorial Day and hoping the pool will be back together although It will be way to cold to swim. Jon is finally off a holiday weekend but is not off on official Memorial Day so we will do Sunday. Yay! I like having plans! Today is Andrew's last full day of school and he is so excited to be done as are we all. Watched the Blues play and lose, way to many turnovers, so back to San Jose for game three Thursday with the series tied. I mean they are out playing us all over the ice! But I sit and watch and never wish I was someplace else because I love hockey. I am betting the temps are still in the cold range so need to dig something out to wear to lunch...nothing fancy but whatever will undoubtedly need ironing. This sun is magnificent! I hope all you rain soaked people are getting this wonderful sunny morning..

Comment

Maxie, no sun in my area, but WW say it is to be mid 60's by 5p.

Someone needs to merge the 2 morning posts.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Determined, thanks for jogging my memory! That young man got home safely and got a job soon after he got home! All the shelter staff is just so happy and hopeful! Besides the snacks and food money we sent, someone else took him to dinner at a really good pizza place so he had some pizza to take with him.
                  It is a great day here! Our weather is just like Barb's. Rain is in the forecast for later this week.
                  Yesterday Becky received notice she will have a $6000.00 grant for next semester!
                  Maye, while she was studying for her Humanities final we both listened to selections of music. She had to know what period, style and composer...or something. All of a sudden, she turned one way up and asked, Why is this so familiar? After ruling out Fantasia and Tom and Jerry, I looked in our hymnal under composers. Yep, there were Hayden. And that piece was the first one on her final.
                  One of the daycare girls brought some really pretty Gerbera daisies this morning, artifial, from Dollar General. I texted my mom a picture and said we need to get more for Memorial Day. I don't like the super fake looking flowers our Walmart sells. Not sure if our new store has better ones, but I am definitely gong to check out DG.
                  I have been following Maye's lead in using my Swiffer where I used to use my broom. What an easy, breezy way to clean all our tile! After sweeping then I would wet Swiffer...knocked out a whole huge block of time, not to mention all the dust bunny chasing I was doing!
                  Chatted long enough.
                  Hope your day is happy and a bit quieter than mine....

Comment

Aloha all!

Maye, it sure doesn't sound good for David's sister. Prayers coming your way for her.

Think I might take the Kalama Heights bus to Walmart where it goes once a month. I could drive there but I like to take the bus and look around. Rather a nice day here but last night was muggy.

Have a good day all!

Comment

quick post and then to bed for me.

we made our trip.. on wet roads.. light rain. and lots and lots of BIG trucks ...everyone doing 70 miles hr. or more... so glad to have Karen driving

Bonny is very deeply sedated.. tubes everywhere and she is on respirator.. getting antibotics.. bed that vibrates her and shakes her lung area..
                      the nurse said to talk to her... she can hear us.. at least we were to treat her like she is hearing us. and we did ... but seeing her that way was heart breaking .... no temp. , her color is good. ... We could do nothing but look and pray... I personally feel she will make it though this .. but you never know with pneumonia,, sneaky stuff that it is........ . her daug. Amy's two children came in to see us.( with the little grand child).. and I think us being there gave Amy a lot of support she needs ... she is only child and has to deal with all of her Moms problems all by herself..

then it started to turn a misty , foggy look.. and we headed for home.. more BIG trucks and 70-80 mile an hour traffic.. I got home and promptly got sick..
                      nerves , emotions, hospitals germs .... so diarrhea, sleepy.. and sad..

Donna, I could have stayed and help eat your delicious looking supper at Karens... (but opt to get home...closer my own bathroom ..)

see you in the morning .
                      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                      X