Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ May 12

Good Morning, Everyone.

We are back to having beautiful weather, thank goodness. Makes life so much nicer that way.

Trash day! Yay! And haircut for me.

Roast came out wonderfully well in the crackpot. John even agreed. Also finally made myself a pot of spaghetti sauce.

Hope all is well and that you each have a very lovely day.

Hugs ~

Good Morning...we had thunderstorms overnight, they say we are to get more today. Hope the weather gets a little better where hubby is on fishing trip or they will be heading home early.

Elaine glad you are getting some nice weather...I find I have been using my 'crackpot' a whole lot more than I use to, I love the convenience...
    Going to try and get some laundry done today, fight through the discomfort and get it done..also need to dump out the fridge and wipe down, my trash day is tomorrow so I need to round things up and be ready.

Not much else happening around here, just need to get busy...time for coffee and the news..

Have a great day one and all...see ya tomorrow morning.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, looks dreary out there but the furnace isn't running so must not be cold. Don't think my little seeds are going to do anything so he is talking about going over to the nursery and picking up some plants, of course that was yesterday, today he may have changed his mind.

boff, have you heard anything from jostoy and how she is doing since the loss of her brother?

Comment

Good FOGGY Morning. We actually had some sunshine come late afternoon, but that's just a tease because it's suppose to rain for the next several day....blah!

Yesterday was good. Had to deal with State Farm AGAIN. Corporate is insisting that Kathy be put on our policy since she's been living with us and we get back billed for all those months. Always something. Also found out that Ohio is a strange duck as far as titles. They don't give you a paper copy unless you pay extra for it, which I didn't for Kathy's car...did for my other 3 cars. State Farm wants the title, so the lack of one had to be checked into. Nothing can be easy, can it?

Late morning I got a call from the restaurant ordering a cake & 2 pies. He said the Kentucky Derby pie was a hit and he'd like to carry it more often. So baking all that kind of cut into my cooking time for Karen, but I managed both, just ran a little later for Karen. I was blessed. Corky came home & immediately started mowing the yard since it's suppose to rain so much in the coming days. After dinner I went out and did the hand mowing. Yard looks nice!

This morning I'm going to State Farm and hopefully everything goes smoothly. Will deposit the check and hopefully start the process of purchasing the other vehicle. Kathy says they are coming up later to test drive the vehicle and then we'll go from there. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. Told Blaise we may go to the library this afternoon. I had mopped the floors yesterday only for Blaise to tromp thru with his muddy boots, so that needs redone. KIDS!!! Today is Becca's last final. She's fairly confident. She found out she can leave most of her stuff in the sorority room until she's ready to move into her apt in June.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning .

white world outside... fog fog and more fog.. will wait for it to burn off before venturing out today.

Hi Elaine.. glad the rain has let up. needed stuff. but a bit much for you all this year.. How long did you leave the roast cook in crockpot?..and you just gave me an idea ... next time I want to make,& simmer spag. sauce will use the crockpot...

D. wants to go shopping... he has lost enough weight that all of his "work" jeans ,the everyday kind. are so big and baggie. He has dropped one full sie. , almost two ,,,,, and it don't look like he will gain it back.. soooo.. Boscovs have some more on sale and I have a 15% coupon . I swear he left those lost pounds on my chair and they hopped onto my hips..

So Hello and have a great day.. be well.. see you later
          Have some stuff that needs done before we can run run run...
          Last edited by Mayebarnes; 05-12-2016, 07:26 AM.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning. Not feelilng chatty. Just letting you all know I;m here.

Comment

Good morning...running late over slept...allergies are horrible this morning...looks nasty out side

Comment

Good morning.
                Looks like we should break 100° today. But this is the desert and to be expected. ☀️
                Today, an early appt for PT. Not sure what else might fall on today's agenda.

Cookie....rain....several days???? Count your blessings, girl! I would love that weather here.
                Maye, E has lost 1 size in his pants as well, since he has housework & me to care for. He's looking good!

Well, I gotta get cleaned up and dressed and out the door soon.
                Have a beautiful day, everyone!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

More rain on tap today but we seem to have missed the destructive storms that have gone around. Yesterday I went home to pick Sierra up from the garage and then we drove on to Kohl's and lunch and got caught in a gully washer where the streets were flooded. Drove her back to her car and they have to order a part so she will take it back next week. I did all this driving and hauling yesterday only to find out mommy dearest and her boyfriend were both off yesterday and live less than 5 minutes from the garage a shorter distance than my 35 minutes. I make the car payment so anything car related is mine even though they were way closer than me. I. just. hate. those. people! They treat people like dirt but yet seem to flurish...where is this what goes around comes around stuff? I thought I believed that but what goes around seems to be missing them when it comes back around. But on a happier side the Blues won last night and advance on. YEAH! Another round of games will start on Sunday and who they play will be determined tonight. However, I have no idea what the Cardinals did last night...those late night games are to much for me. I have been sleeping so well thanks to the knee pills and will hate to see them go. Nothing but rain around here but since we are missing the heavy storms guess I shouldn't complain. Thought the weather for this summer was going to be hot and dry? We have had enough rain in the last couple of weeks to never be dry again!

Comment

Good late morning. I have a potential parent coming this afternoon to see the daycare so I am trying to rearrange a few things and hang a few different posters. Just needs a fresh look every once in awhile. And I don't have any opening, but she has called me twice and desperately wants my next open spot so...not many family child care homes have a dedicated space for the kids. My old house used the living room and a bedroom for cribs that also was my daughter's room. When we decided to move I told the realtor ( who was a daycare parent at the time) exactly what I wanted: separate entrance for daycare and a room/ rooms for daycare only. We saw about 5 that met the criteria and a few that didn't, just because he wanted me to have a choice!
                    We are getting warmer and warmer. Low 90's ( kind of an oxymoron ) but so far, the new added insulation and ceiling fans have kept us really cool. Air conditioning will be necessary sooner than later, but it sure helps now.
                    Donna, I enjoyed seeing yours and Becca's pictures on Facebook.
                    I decided to keep the tv on mute to see any news I want to...just turn up the sound with the remote, and then hit mute the minute any garbage comes on. That way I can follow your weather and mine...
                    Hope your day is sunny and bright. I keep a picture of a beautiful beach scene right above my diapering area...it helps.
                    Have fun shopping! Cooking! Whatevering!

Comment

Working...
                    X