• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mother's Day

God bless each of our Mothers.

Happy Mothers day..Everyone...

Comment

Happy Mother's Day, sassy!

Since I don't have kids to make things for me, I thought, "What would my mother make today?" Boston Cream Pie! I just took my cakes out of the oven and have my custard cooling on the stove. Yum! Will roast a prime rib for lunch and watch the Rangers beat the Tigers (I hope!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Comment

good morning .

and I am on my way to Elaine's house!.... yummmy....

Mark ,the oldest , has been here ,, his usual Sunday mornng visit. . said ,what do you want Mom,,, I told him. nothing today because just about every time he stops in I have a little job for him.. That is my Mother's day gift all year long ...

been babying a knee , I twisted it and it has been super untrustworthy ever since.. so not doing a lot of walking....Hannah has one last soccer game this afternoon... may or may not get to it..

thinking of our Jo s this morning .... JoG..Jostoy and JoS.. prayers for each of you. and Val, (Punkin)... Wondering how Mickey is doing....

so happy to have all of you who post be with us as often as you are... .....some of you could be my kids!...

David and I are going out for late breakfast.. the noon time will find all restaurants too crowded.

see you later.

Momma, I still miss you ..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, Elaine the flowers are beautiful....I received a nice card from the kids and hubby, hubby bought me a smoker that I have been wanting, so very nice day yesterday. Today I am on my own, no hubby, no kids so I guess I will either cook for myself or grab a Lean Cuisine out of the freezer...Actually it will be a day of rest. I am hacking up some nasty thick greenish looking stuff from my lungs so I will be calling the Dr. tomorrow, I actually don't feel that bad but don't want to take any chances. But I do hate the thought of an antibiotic as they get my Crohn's going...

Happy Mother's Day to all of our Mothers here, any woman is a Mother of some sort whether it be to your husband, nieces, nephews, etc. God Bless us all.

Maye I am with you on all of our Jo's here, keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers...haven't seen hide nor hair of JoS, wonder how things are going for her.
          And Justy has been gone again, and Mickie from what I have seen on Facebook stays very, very busy with family...
          I don't know if I am going to keep this new mattress or not, last two nights have been very restless on it, maybe between not feeling well, hubby gone, and new mattress might not be a great combination.

I picked up two movies yesterday to watch today, so that is on my list..
          Oh My I almost forgot, tomorrow I have an appt. at the camper place to put a new plug on our break thingy, they put the wrong one on last year...so I guess I won't be going to Dr. tomorrow...ha ha

Well off to get this day started...hello to all typing same time as me and those who have already been here.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning and Happy Mothers Day! Sierra stayed last night and she and her father brought in a beautiful bunch of flowers. Then we couldn't find a vase...until someone notices the antique one I keep out on display. Lovely!! Today Sierra and I are getting ready for our 2 hour drive to my sisters for Mothers Day, graduation party, my brothers birthday...she has lots of friends and family coming and I am so ready for a gathering. Scott will meet us there but Jon is working as is normal..he seems to miss everything. He cannot call off on a weekend. Since there will be no swimming Andrew is staying home with his mother but the little brat would have thrown her over for water in the pool! Yesterday I was up early and had all the laundry finished and put away by noon when the hockey game started so I watched the Blues beat the Stars, then switched to watch the Cardinals beat the Pirates, then the Kentucky Derby race, and back to hockey with Washington beating Pittsburgh. I was exhausted and went to bed early! Just wish there had been food n the house..someone was so busy running around this week that they did no grocery shopping. Oh well, tomorrow is only a day away. Had a dooozie storm blow in late afternoon! 70 mph winds and rain. It sent my gazing ball flying and when I went to grab it had my hair standing on end. Other flower pots I always weigh down with a brick or rocks. Today not as sunny or warm but should be rain free until evening when we are home. Gotta run for now. Have a beautiful day everyone...I am looking so forward to mine. Gonna war one of my new summery tops...hot dog!

Comment

Happy Mothers day everyone, guess I need to turn my cell phone on since my youngest will probably text. Will be going to the grocery store today just didn't feel like it yesterday.

Boffler I think I saw something on facebook from JoS that James's sister in Texas died and so she is home alone.

Comment

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, and a good morning to you all.
                My Mother's Day was yesterday, basically. Saw all my AZ kids, many of the grands, and the newest great-grand...it was so delightful holding the baby. I watched the expressions on her face changing, as she was close to her family, heard the familiar voices, but seeing new faces, and kept an eye on this stranger holding her. She finally opted to be held by her mom or grandma. 🤗
                We finally went to lunch at The Streets of New York, and took up 5 tables pushed together. Lots of conversation & laughter.
                I got a few small gifts, and many beautiful cards.
                Later today a granddaughter and her 3 boys will be here.
                If my namesake-GD isn't called into work today, we will get to see her new home. It's not far from this hotel.
                So, mostly today will be resting. My feet did get a workout yesterday.

Elaine, you dinner sounds sooooo GOOD! I'll certainly show up in spirit! 😉
                Maye, wrap that knee in an Ace bandage before you do it damage! Maybe you should call your doc about it tomorrow.
                (I can nag, too!)

To all, have a really beautiful day.

💐
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all of us who nurture and uplift others.
                  I am on my way to Elaine's too! I was just telling Becky yesterday that what the store was selling was not a real Boston cream pie. And now I really want to make one!
                  It took me all day and more than a few stores to finally find the right gift for my mom. A wicker chair for her newly covered deck and some beautiful red hydrangeas and a rose bush. It was the chair that took me forever to find one that wasn't a cheaply made plastic imitation...
                  We are having barbecued ribs, red velvet bars, and a yummy looking macaroni salad Becky put together from two recipes. Garlic bread and asparagus, too.
                  I have to get busy getting ready for church. Yesterday we went to Macy's and I got a really cute jacket to wear that works for dresses or pants. So, skirt, top, jacket and I will be ready to go.
                  I will check back later.
                  Love you all!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining...love it! Happy Mothers Day to mom's and those that seemed like moms to kids.

Yesterday was super productive. Was in the kitchen 90% of the time yesterday and the other 10% down doing laundry. Made potato salad, mac salad, deviled eggs, swt & sour carrot salad, & Blaise's BD cake. I was finishing up icing the last 4 doz sugar cookies and decided they were crap, so either tomorrow or Tues I'm going to remake a major portion of the 12 doz. What a waste of time & money. I had wanted to get the floors mopped, but that didn't happen.

Got a call from State Farm and they told me they totaled Kathy's car & how much they were going to give us for it. WOW!!!! It was way more than we expected, but this will make it possible for her to purchase the car she looked at this past week, pay all the add'l fees & taxes, plus purchase a couple months of car insurance. God blessed her big time though I'm not sure she realizes that. So maybe by week's end she'll have wheels again, and hopefully get a job! I told her we were no longer pay for her insurance.

We went to church this morning and I came home and I'm working on making my SIL birthday "cake" which is a Lemon Meringue pie. I've got the filling made, now I'm waiting for it to cool a bit before I finish it up. We are all gathering down at my brother Tom's for the Mother's Day/Birthday celebrations. Kathy & Jimmy want to come, so I have to go pick them up. She ask if she was allowed to come, and she's always welcome, but it's usually her choice to not come to family gatherings because she feels like an outsider.

Think I'll go read a book this afternoon.

Have a good one all!

Comment

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ALL!

Rainy this morning but Kihei needs it.

Elaine, thank you for the beautiful basket of flowers at the top. Beautiful!

They will having a nice dinner at noon here. Prime rib or chicken breast with coconut shrimp, asparagus, and crème brulee (SP) plus other things. Yum.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Hello..trouble checking on will see everyone tuesday

Comment

Working...
                        X