Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 4th Wednesday

Rise and shine everyone..

Might see the sun to day..More rain coming and hail again..

Going to do some early shopping...

Here is a funny pic..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good Morning.

Busy day at the RT yesterday - so nice to have folks here. Where is Pat?

Must make a trip to the market today. Running out of staples.

Weather cool but nice. Ground still soggy, so grass needs mowing big time.

Sharon, glad you got your stove sold. I have a new cooktop. Bosch induction 5 burner. Love it. It has a rapid boil feature. and you can boil in seconds.

Paula, the traffic around you must be horrendous. We can go all the way to town and back and never see a car. Of course, town isn't much to brag about.

Nalani, sounds like a lovely time with your family. Wonderful.

jostoy, I am amazed at all of the things you tackle. You rock!

JoG, glad you have your PT scheduled and very happy your feet are getting back to normal.

maxie, most people I know are cooking less and less. You are going in the opposite direction, but I know your folks love your cooking.

Donna, I can only imagine how excited Blaise is about his birthday and his goodies. He is so cute.

Janet, wish we could spend some time on the phone. Miss talking to you.

Well, better get busy. Have a lovely day!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I am glad also, can you believe the shipper will be coming today to pick it up, it will be going to NC, she thought it such a good deal that she thought it worth it...The stove I bought yesterday has the rapid boil feature, had it on another stove I had, loved it..also got a two oven stove, with just hubby and I having the smaller oven to use will be great...Lets see, in 2000 bought all new appliances, moved in 2010 to IL, bought all new appliances then, moved back to OH in 2013 bought all new appliances in 2014 when we moved into new house, now 2016 getting a new stove...hopefully I am done for awhile...hubby was smart when we built this house and I wanted to get a gas stove, he knew I would eventually change my mind so he had it wired for a stove also.

Good morning....Yesterday was a long but great day!! My parents made it back to il fine...

I have a pretty quiet day planned...getting groceries and relaxing...and maybe church tonight.

Comment

Good Morning .

finally got a decent nights sleep... sure does make a difference .. I might even be nice to people today..
      If the sun shine shows up...

Hi Elaine and Sassygirl.. yeap, we could keep the telephone busy for a while!..

Sharon, happy stove hunting . altho you probably know exactly what you want... do you have a preference in stores?.. I have a lot of stuff from Sears. and now they are closing our closest one.. possibly because there is so many competing stores in the vicinity.

Pat is the bookings filling up?.
      Jostoy.. DONT over do it.. ( from your friendly Nag)
      Barb . how are you feeling today.
      Hi Bethina..

Donna, yummmmmy carrot cupcakes.but I like the Cake form better.. ( more icing). .hugs to the little guy..
      JoG.. sure hope you are hopping around today...

Hi Justy... are you up and about today?
      Hi Paula... read about your plans,. water, food in the car..for evacuating or unplanned traffice problem,... I was reading about big forest fires in Canada already.. and one whole town was evacuating. awesome, scary.

hey .better get moving .. the house must need something done to it.. I have to make phone calls to sons. I need to have a yard party..to get the weedeater run and the all the shrubs need cut back ... see you later .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye I always buy Whirlpool, local and made in USA! Found the stove I wanted yesterday, double oven, 5 burner smooth top. Will be delivered Sat. Our Sears store also closed...I think once they aligned themselves with KMart things went downhill.

Good Morning to all...another dreary rainy day outside, I have plenty inside to keep me busy, couple of pairs of pants to cut off and hem, and laundry..the shipper will be here early afternoon to pick up the stove to ship to NC. Went shopping yesterday for my stove, found the double oven one I wanted, paid for it, will be delivered on Saturday. Got about 14 dozen cookies baked off before the stove was disconnected, I have a convection microwave that also bakes really nice so I can use it if needed.

I tried to find a hot plate yesterday, went to three different stores and not one store had one...so I guess I will have to order one.
      We are in for a rainy, stormy day, I have a bit of a sore throat this morning, and my head feels a little congested, hubby has been sick for over a week, he is down to the coughing, coughing, and coughing stage, have tried everything I know to do to not catch what he has...

I need to get busy this morning also, I will be glad when this man retires and I no longer have to deal with 'corporate casual' clothing!!! It has been over 30 yrs. and I am getting older and more tired... and also tired of hearing that alarm at 6:00 a.m. every morning..

Have a great day one and all, time for newspaper, coffee and then getting the day started...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was good. After dropping Blaise & his cupcakes off at school, I headed into town. Came home & started baking off the sugar cookie dough. Had to stop and go pick up Kathy & Jimmy. They kept Blaise entertained while I kept baking. They brought tie dye with them and made him 3 shirts, a pillow case, & a sheet. He had fun helping them. Cork took them to see the car the guy down the road is selling and Kathy has fallen in love. She should be able to afford it once they declare her car totaled. We had a great dinner...per Blaise's request...hamburgers, french fries & tater tots, nacho chips, and pizza. He was thrilled with everything.

Not sure what today will bring. Contemplating starting to ice the sugar cookies. Need to find out if my cousin Karen wants me to cook for them. She hasn't gotten dinner the last 2 weeks. If she does want dinner, I'm making orange chicken. YUM!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Well the best laid plans get changed, as they say. Instead of doing the new corners on my shed, I started breaking up the concrete ramp that I had to get into the shed. I borrowed a heavy, long pry bar from a guy to lift the ramp up on some landscape timbers so I could break it up to smaller pieces so that I could handle them. When I got tired, I switched to using my weed eater. Then back to swinging the sledge hammer to bust up the concrete. Got it mostly broken up except 2 pieces that are too heavy for me to lift. My neighbor will take the broken concrete to the "farm" and said he'd get someone to handle the 2 pieces I couldn't get to break up.

Good thing I changed my plans as it is raining today. The wind is to blow, so hopefully it will dry out a bit. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to "mud" my plants in the garden. I did buy my plants yesterday as I returned the borrowed items. Had to go right by the greenhouse, so I stopped to get my plants. My garden will be much smaller this year as I don't need to can any tomatoes.

Hope all have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning. "MAY the 4th BE WITH YOU!" 😎

Well, I finally slept through the night! And that sure feels good.

Looks like today's high temp will be 97°, but will be dropping again with the onset of the winds tomorrow.

I told E that I need to pick up some simple, inexpensive tennis shoes....I can't wear slippers to PT. But I need something in a size that doesn't hurt. Still can't wear any of my regular shoes yet.
            No other plans for today.

Looks like most of you have already started on your day's activities.
            Elaine & Maye, thanks for your good wishes.
            Jostoy, take care of your back....some of your chores might prove irritating to it.

To all...have a marvelous day. 🌞
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Lovely day here as far as I'm concerned, a bit cooler and partly cloudy with thunderstorms possible tomorrow.

Cute Kitty Sassy.

Boffler, to each her own. When I went to live with Dick he had a flat top. I managed to kill it with a pot of tamales. Replaced it with a good gas stove from Sears. Have a gas stove here and all the burners get to hot to simmer but it gets way hot enough for a proper stir-fry.

Not much else except to hope you all dry out soon.

Comment

Full sunshine with a blue sky..what a difference a little sun makes. Dinner with friend was so nice. We are all caught up and then we texted all through the hockey game last night. Blues won and we play again Thursday in St. Louis. Great great game! Must finally stay home today and mop some floors. I can see the spots on the kitchen floor in the sunlight. Sister texted last night and there were major problems opening the pool and she needs a new liner. So the hole was recovered and no swimming on Sunday. Should all be ok by end of the month but I don't swim until that water is bathtub warm in July. Since I overslept I need to get moving. Hope everyone of you will be seeing this bright beautiful sunshine!!

Comment

Today is another day. Rain sprinkling, and thunder storm in the forecast. Hope so. Garbage truck has already picked up and I got the can in before any kids arrived.
                  I finally got to the bank last night. That traffic mess was between my house and getting to the bank, so...
                  That accident was on a bridge over the Sacramento River on I 5 , and I am sure we will be hearing from all agencies involved. No fatalities, but serious trauma injuries.
                  Our sick Pug has a lung infection and came home with medicine after getting a shot, too. Hopefully, the fluid in the lungs clears up with medicine and not a procedure.
                  Jostoy, again, I admire all you do!
                  Sharon, I wish my kitchen was set up for gas. I have had flat top electric and didn't like that; when we remodeled 5 years ago, I got a new Whirlpool electric.
                  I need to cook up some chicken thighs I thawed...what I really want is fried chicken. Just don't have the time during the day to watch it.
                  Hope you all get some sunshine along with whatever else is out there.
                  Stay healthy and ( live it!): May the Fourth be with you!

Comment

Mom and dad put flat top electric in this house...it is what my mom likes...I hate it!!! would rather just have plain old electric!

Comment

Aloha all!

Good grief, Jostoy, breaking up concrete. I hope you are not over doing it. Let the fellow who is picking up the pieces have someone else deal with the two large pieces.

Life is back to normal for me. Patty and Meagan left a little while ago. This old lady can't take all the excitement too much any more. But it sure was fun. All four us had a wonderful dinner out last night. We also shared one dessert which was huge. Meagan will be back as there are a things we plan to do. One is riding on a zip line. But I need to rest up in between.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and all have a good day.

Comment

So, what was your main course; what was the dessert; and are you going to zip line with them?
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X