Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ May 2 ~ Hello!

Good Morning, Everyone.

Seems like a slow morning at the RT. No one about yet.

Nothing to report. Blood test this morning for John and other than stopping off at the market, nothing going on.

Hope you all have a good day.

And a hardy hello to you and all those to follow...it has been slow in here lately, think its all the rain...we had a thunderstorm overnight, it sure was lighting up the sky.

I am going to feel like Donna today, have cookie doughs mixed up and will start baking them off today..hubby has his annual fishing trip coming up and I bake cookies to send with him and also make a large container of potato salad. It will be my week of total freedom from wondering what to fix for supper each evening, I can eat earlier in the day and have a small snack later...

Hope to hear when they will deliver our new mattress set, hope it is this week while hubby is here to move it...those king size mattresses are HEAVY!! This mattress is made by an amish maker, what I live is the removable memory foam top that you can replace when needed...but yet a firm foundation underneath, for the price you pay for them they sure do not last long...but hubby is a big man and that sometimes hinders the warranties...

Well it is a good day to stay in and bake, still rainy, dreary day outside, I also have three pairs of pants to cut off and hem for hubby...

I am selling my gas stove, or at least hope to, tried gas for the past two years and it is much harder to keep the top clean that it is for a smooth top, plus I can use my smooth top as a counter top when needed...it is a really nice gas stove, paid over $800 for it 2 yrs. ago, asking $350, it has lots of bells and whistles...my first time ever buying gas, hubby was afraid this would happen so when we built he had it so if I changed my mind it is also wired for an electric stove, LOL..

Well ladies and gents time to finish my coffee, read the news, hit the shower then get busy baking...Have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good another wet Morning... I thing Elaine sent me all the left over rain they did not have room for.

Sharon, SOLD.,,,I will take your gas stove.. and I do wish I lived close enough to make it possible..!... 1. Gas is our cheapest form of utility. 2. I like using gas.... easier to regulate when cooking on top burners.. 3.. when the electricity goes off .. could still heat the kitchen a bit and make a cup of tea.. we had an electric stove when we moved in and I though by now iSURELY ,t would be needing replaced.... but it just keeps going and going and going.. we would have to have someone come run a gas line from somewhere near the furnace area to the kitchen using the same hole the elec does. and that is the major hangup. don't know who to call for that..

Had a quiet day at home yesterday.. an the week ahead looks pretty calm.. no appointments.. except for the car #2... going to garage to have them check out a Gas Smell.. it has all new gas lines.no visible gas leakage but still smells like there is.. .best to have them check it out.

Hi to you all. be back later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        It has a warming drawer below really nice when you have buns in a basket, etc. you want to keep warm...wish you lived closer also...and it has what is called aqua lift oven cleaner, just pour water in the bottom of the oven...the convection part is nice also with a blower..full grid on top, five burner, I could go on, LOL...

Good Morning! I woke to sunshine and in a blink of an eye it disappeared behind clouds. Yesterday afternoon we had sun which was nice.

Yesterday we went to visit Becca to switch vehicles. Came home and took Blaise to the movie theater to see Jungle Book with the Kidz Club from church. It scared him. Had a nice long conversation with my brother Tom and told him to have my SIL call me when she got home and when she called, we had a nice long chat. Friday evening they went to hear their son's Senior team presentation. They won 2nd place & $3000. Apparently they are going to use the money to try developing this and get a patent on it...I'm so proud of him. He'll be graduating in a couple week. He's already got a job lined up and will be starting it June 6th and it's just west of Cleveland.

This morning I plan to mix up sugar cookie dough for an order and maybe some choc chip dough too. Going to bake and decorate cupcakes for Blaise's class treat for his birthday tomorrow. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Blaise is just so excited for his birthday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Took advantage of no appts. for today, and stayed in bed to get a full 8 hours sleep. Lately, I've been waking up at 2-2:30 A.M. So today I turned on the TV and went back to sleep.

Since it is muddy outside today, I'm going to transplant my binca from around the shed I'm having moved to around the patio area in the back. Will put it between my hostas to use for ground cover. Get tired of looking at either bare ground or moss. Think I'll have enough to plant some on the other side of the patio as well. Since it doesn't "weigh" too much, Think my back can handle that job.

Time to get my breakfast and get this day started. Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning, Sun is shining, yesterday was cloudy and cold all day, then we had a good thunderstorm last night.

Boffler, I don't like anything but gas stoves, mostly for the reasons Aunt Maye listed, but then I grew up and learned to cook with gas. Mom had an electric stove for less than 24 hours, Someone convinced Daddy that it would be better so he bought a brand new one. The next day he came in from the field and lunch wasn't on the table since the power had went off, the brand new stove went out to the porch and the old one came back in the house. When it cost a farmer an hour out of the field and he has to settle for a hamburger it does not make him happy.

Jostoy, are you selling your house and moving to the camp ground full time or are you splitting the time?

Comment

Morning all

Monday and back to work for us.

We actually got to spend 3 hours on the beach yesterday - the surf was rough and it was windy, but we had a great time. By the time we got home I had a blistering headache - eye strain does it every time.

Just got notified that I won a prize from one of our local TV stations again - this time it's a gift card for a massage. YAY!

So I'm off to find some breakfast. Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning..today is my last day with my parents here...and they are not sure when there next visit will be Headed out the door in a few minutes to have breakfast with them..I have been so busy while they have been here this time that I have gotten to spend very little time with them this time around. I will be providing lunch for everyone one meaning parents and sis and 2 nieces sandwiches chips cookies and favorite drinks...

I have a meeting at church tonight..this is the meeting that I become an official member of my new church...feels good to be a member of a local church again..

Work last night was great...Love my new job coach..he acted like he wanted to be there and wanted to help..not so much like he was there because it was his job and he HAD to be there...

Comment

Good morning.
                A sunny day today, back to 85°. (Tomorrow we hit the 90's.)
                I didn't sleep any better last night than I did the last couple nights, waking frequently.
                But - this is a first - I got up this morning needing the walls to steady me, as my balance was a bit off. Just a bit of dizziness. I don't think I'll get out of my chair til E gets up. I hope this isn't a bad symptom of anything.

We are thinking of going to Phx this coming weekend. The thing is, we get a suite and the kids/grands/greats can come see us there. I won't be troubled with walking, climbing stairs, or dealing with some personal issues with my situation.
                It will be good to see them, I think. Funny, they all picked the same day, same morning. Except on GD and her boys, will come after church the next day.
                We will pack the car Friday, see my surgeon at noon, have dinner in Casa Grande, and arrive there Friday evening.
                That's how it stands at the moment, anyway. Looking forward to seeing our #8 great grand, Alora Rose. 👶🏼

No plans today. E wants to do some cleaning he's overlooked, though. I'll rest and read.

Sounds like you've all got plans and accomplishing stuff already. Have a great day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

The cookie I was dunking broke and is floating in my cup...now I need to get a fresh cup of coffee but will check in with you guys first. Blues won in OT so we have a split series when they return home tomorrow. Cardinals are wavering a bit and I think are needing more attention than I am giving them with hockey season still on. We are going to the baseball game on Friday. Today I am getting my first pedi of the summer and it is to cold to let my toes out this morning! All this rain and gloom are sure a let down from the sun and warm of a week ago. Kids and dad fished all afternoon yesterday and were catching but we are a catch/release family. This year the kids are taking the fish off the line but Sierra will still not put the worm on. Her dad says she is just a girl and she tells him putting worms on hooks is a dad thing. I am not sure these kids eat other than when here. Never many leftovers after a meal...Tonight and tomorrow they will be faring for themselves and I am glad to be gone and not having to cook. Oh wait, the sun is peeking. Quiet so you don;t scare it!! It's gone...gotta clean the floater out of my cup and move on. Have a happy Monday all!

Comment

Good start to the day, just a bit later getting here. We will see how much the baby will let me do before I have to pick him up.
                    The party yesterday explained one thing: even though the mom told me his language at home is English, I was having trouble communicating with him.
                    Guess what? Yep, Spanish was all around and Noah was in his element!
                    I was very happy I went. And could tell it meant a lot to the family.
                    Thank Heaven for Google maps!
                    Fussy time, gotta go.
                    Have a good day!

Comment

Paula, what did they serve at the party?
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X