Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Thursday ~ April 28***

Morning all

Not much new here - what's up with y'all?

Have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning...Please pray that the place I volunteer has a better day today...early in the week my supervisor at volunteering called and asked me to change my days this week...even though yesterday really was a bad day I am so glad I was there to help them...I felt needed....We had behavior..we had one trying to leave...one in a horrible mood verbly attacking our director and myself when I stood up for the director and simply asked him to please not say those things. There was plenty of other stuff that happened. I talked to my friend who is also the director last night checking on her after yesterday...and she said we 19 on schedule for this morning....eeekk

Today I volunteer 8-2 and clean my room...and pack my over night bag...

I have big meeting related to work tomarrow at 1 my parents are coming back for the meeting...and they are going to stay at least through the weekend..I won't be home most of the weekend..I signed up for a women's retreat through church..I am excited..I need my batteries recharged

Comment

Good Morning! It's suppose to be a wet one here today. Yesterday eventually turned sunny.

Yesterday was GREAT! No stressful calls or visits. Went to Aldi's, came home, and puttered the day away cleaning & cooking. Nice. Took Blaise to the library and we've read most of the 20 books he got.

This morning I'm going to Bible study. Not sure what the afternoon will bring. Going to the musical at the school my cousin Karen's daughter goes to. I'm going with my Mom & SIL Sherry....girls night out.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning .

very ycky, dark, overcast sky.... but thank heavens, I do not have to hurry out of the house today... can set around in night clothes.. and drink coffee.

and do some cleaning... well.. run the sweeper at least..
        Sure wish I liked to cook.. this would be a great day to make stuff.. soup. cassoroles.. however.. I don't even feel like making cookies..

Pat. doesn't that sound like an exciting day?......
        Bethina, you have a full day planned!...
        Donna, many prayers and dear thoughts of you.
        Elaine,,, very concerned about you and John..

Sharon, sure hope you are feeling better.
        Hi Darla, Jostoy. JoS.
        JoGee. and hope you are feeling better too.
        Hi Barb and Darla

Punkin.. miss you.

Hi Nalani... send us some warm breezy weather please.

Mickie, Miss you .

Kim.. Kellie. Cynders. LisaUk.. Judy. .and all you remembered friends

HI Justy.. hows it going today.

and last
        HiPaula...

see you all later,

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

What is going on with Schmitty? Haven't seen her around in ages.

Off in a bit for a spinal injection. The new surgery...medicare is dragging feet. Might be Jan. 1, 2017 before they approve.

As to my brother, he sees his PCP tomorrow. Don't know how a Doc. can tell if a stroke happened a week ago. My brother says he doesn't remember anything about that night. Tomorrow evening when I talk to him, I'll tell him from now on to let Linda make the decision when Medics ask IF HE WANTS TO GO TO HOSPITAL. Still say it's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Everyone have a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
            Sunny & windy here today. I could do without the winds, and hoping they won't be severe.
            Yesterday's trip to the PCP-substitute was a waste of time. The young doctor had to go talk to his "boss" once or twice.
            After telling him I'm not sitting in a wheelchair all day, I do manage to get up and do things for myself or even a small chore now and then, I do hand massage my legs at night with a calming cream so more than half my old pains are gone, and I also have that professional leg massager (medical grade) for daytime leg massages.........he's telling me I need to go to PT or my muscles will atrophy from all my sitting. My NP already said to hold off on the PT for now, because with the remaining pains in my feet it won't do much for me. Then this guy gives me a lab order to check for diabetes (he couldn't find my numbers in the computer file,) and wrote a prescription for a diabetes medicine which "won't hurt me whether I'm diabetic or not".
            The thing is I'm off my all but 1 or 2 minor prescriptions, because I have a serious blood & marrow & maybe DNA problem that will take a week or two to get figured out. So I'm not getting any iffy tests or additional medications at this particular point.

Today's agenda.....I'll be talking to my oncology prescription nurse about a refill of the Lasix to keep working at getting the foot swellings down. Then we'll stop at our former old PCP clinic and see if one of the new permanent doctors there can take us. After that, a drive across town to a mall where JCPennys is, as they sent an ad and there's a dress I'm interested in. But I have to try it on to see if it fits to gently cover my lump & colostomy bag decently and comfortably. We also need to find the medical Walgreen's store to get fitted for a larger size, while I'm dealing with my current foot problems. Then E needs to find a store or two to get a few things he needs. So.... A busy day ahead.

Good luck at your volunteer job, Beth. Hope all goes well.
            Cookie, I'm so glad to hear yo had a good, normal day yesterday. Hope today goes as well.

To all, have a great day.
            ---------------------------------

Jostoy & Maye, looks like we were typing together.

Maye, I'm doing a little better now. Walking unaided is getting slowly easier. Right now it's a waiting game for serious test results; but til then, no chemo. I think we'll be missing our GDs wedding cruise. E will be asking my surgeon & oncologist if they might keep in mind if we might get a that week in October off, so we can be there. 🤗
            Last edited by JoGee; 04-28-2016, 08:21 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I had just turned off the lights last night when a storm came in. It rolled in so fast and the hail just bombarded us. Small and no damage but the racket! I ran to open the front door and turned on the porch light to see and you could see all the porch lights coming on. When the storm lessened one by one the porch lights went off. But today it is so bright and sunny. Sierra and I are heading to the mall at noon to the big Penney's sale plus she has a gift certificate from Victoria's Secret although she shops on the PINK side. Andrew's mother says if he wants to go to Missouri with me and Sierra on Mother's Day she is fine with it. The pool will be opened but only the drunk and young children will be dumb enough to even dip a toe. Will have to pick the kid up a swim suit. SWIM SUITS...can you beleive I said that? That summer is that close? Next week I have a week full of appointments, my first pedi of the season, hair cut, the dermatologist, dinner with a long lost friend. All the things for beauty and happiness and then the derm who will burn me and freeze me and force me into long sleeves and pants to hide the results. No cooking for me today!!!! I am sure the kid will force me to eat at Olive Garden. I do not know what is going on with her...she is sweet and happy and only slightly stressed about school. She laughs if I say something and doesn't take it wrong and make a scene. She is calling me everyday afternoon on her way home from school and again in the evening we talk on her way home from work. When I ask if she had thought about her career change she did not jump me but we discussed it rationally. If she says anything about mommy dearest I just smile and even make pleasant comments (hoping my fangs stay up). I want her to have a future full of all she wants and needs and not be influenced by ignorance and selfishness. Oh, well, what will be will be. For now I am off to the shower and then unload the dishwasher and be ready from my shopping day with my beautiful granddaughter. The only thing that could make that better is if she drives!! I know, her driving and me not cooking, I am a selfish one myself. Think of you Jo and wish you were over all this. Hello everyone..it is gorgeous out there today after a night of storms and rain.

Comment

Good Morning, cold and wet here, they keep saying we aren't even going to hit 50 today. Pretty sure we will have to run to the store since we are out of milk. Normally I don't drink milk and so we have times that Kenny doesn't drink it either and so will have it go bad. This time I looked at the date on it and decided that to stop that I would have a glass and wouldn't you know it he decides that is what he is going to drink and there wasn't enough to fill his glass (he only uses a huge one).

Jostoy, not sure what test they run but I think blood work and a MRI is standard, they look for changes in the brain. My friend Sheryle went through it all last year. She had went to the ER and when she went to her regular Dr. he was mad that they hadn't ran the right test and ordered them (6 months later) and told her that she had had 2 light strokes but they had not affected the parts of the brain that control the function of her arms or legs, but the one that affects her memory.
                I have had the conversation with my pain Dr. about how the insurance decides if they will cover back treatments, seems that it is all left up to a panel of Dr.s, who have never laid eyes on you, looking at the results and saying if it shows how much pain or what problems that are "normal" for what your test show. He said it is all a song and dance to get treatment approved and they end up spending more money insisting on this and that before they approve the treatment, which ends up costing more than if they would just approve the treatment in the first place.

JoGee, glad you are checking with your cancer Dr. about the new scripts. They seem to be the one right now who knows what is going on with you and what will or will not affect you with your conditions.

Comment

Good morning, all. We had a bit of rain yesterday afternoon and now it is nice and sunny. Gosh April is almost gone. Where is the year going too?

Made myself a yummy little dinner last night, Polish sausage, potatoes, and cabbage cooked together. Browned a little onion in bacon fat to start and it turned out better than usual.

Met with the PT yesterday to check my knee. Got exercises to do and will be going in twice a week for at least 2 weeks. Of course the stupid thing isn't hurting at all today.

Need to get dressed and take Miss Priss for a walk.

I, too, woke wondering where Schmitty is.

Later everyone.

Comment

Busy morning. The gauge outside says 60* but it doesn't feel like it.
                    We are supposed to get up,to 80* later. Our new insulation really makes a huge difference!
                    So happy for your day yesterday, Donna! You were in my prayers. As are all here who seem to be dealing with things.
                    Beth, your retreat should be a big de-stresser. Enjoy every minute.
                    It is a typical Thursday, nothing new, and that is a good thing!
                    Hope you all weather your storms, the outside ones and the inside!

Comment

Good Evening to all. Had an early morning appt. for my infusion, then after that went to GFS then came home unloaded the 'stuff' then got something to eat...I don't eat before my treatment and by the time I got home at 3:00I was pretty hungry...so return a few phone calls that called while I was gone, then started supper...now time to shut down and rest this evening..
                      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                      X