would you like to meet my neighbors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you like to meet my neighbors?

My introduction came and comes from my 9 year old grandson. His descriptions are pretty much on the nose. Next to me is Pam, she is just Pam and where Drew always went for conversation. Now he comes to me and I wish he would sometimes go back to Pam. Next to her is sports guy...according to Drew he is a wanna be sports guy and is annoying. Next is the crazy guy...stay away from him cuz he wants to yell at you. He is the one that closed off the cul de sec last summer. On the other side of us is a young family with a baby..they both work but Drew knows all their names, the dogs names and that the baby cries a lot. Across from them is that guy...yesterday he came in and said that guy cut his grass and we all nodded our heads in agreement, that guy cut his grass at 10:30 Sunday night. Reclusive? Then we have the Toddicans...dad is Todd and no one knows their last name so I started the Toddicans and it stuck...they have jr high twins but I only remember one name, Colin, the other I just use whatever C name comes to mind. Drives Andrew crazy and he doesn't want me to use any name when he brings them into the boy cave for something. Sitting here I cannot tell you the other twins name but that is where Andrew spends 95% of his outside time...at the Toddicans Next to them is hootchie mama...yes my grandson described her to me that way and whoooa, is she ever. If you have no idea what a hootchie mama is just close your eyes and let your imagine go...she is the mama of the ist grade twins and does not beleive in wearing many clothes. One day at the bus I thought she would pop out of her top and even Drew got in asking if I saw her clothes. Then comes Jeffrey, sad case..Drew swears they are drunks and I kinda beleive it by the looks and actions of Jeffrey. It is Jeffrey's job to bring the 1st grade twins home from the bus but I am not sure who is leading who. Jeffrey is not allowed on this side of the street for reasons set long before I moved in and because Andrew says he is crazy. Last we have mean guy. When you say mean guy we all go yep, oh ya, he is a mean guy, we all know him...he is so mean the kids do not mess with him. He lives on the corner and moves railroad tys into the street so we do not drive in his yard..on a corner! with other traffic coming up the hill. So you have met my neighbors. We use very few names here but when he says mean guy or sports guy or that guy we know. Andrew is the ambassador of this street and knows everyone and probably most of their secrets. He gets along with everyone but mean guy...no one likes mean guy!

Very interesting.😂
    So somehow you got to move into the middle of a sit-com set? What TV channel are you on?

Thanks for my laugh of the day, Maxie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

You have a gift!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

LOL! Thanks for letting us visit your neighborhood. I can picture them all.

Comment

Like Jo I thought I was reading the script for a new sitcom. The one that I was wondering more about was "Just Pam". wondering if maybe she was Andrew's conversation buddy because she was interested in Daddy.

Comment

It would be interesting to know how your family is referred to by others in the 'hood'.. this was funny, but totally can relate by having moved myself a few times..So funny.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Why, they all think we are the Beaver Cleavers! That perfect family with perfect children who live in a utopia of good will and love and harmony. Whatever else would that bunch think of us?

Comment

Did I read it correctly: are there three sets of twins in your cul-de-sac?!

Comment

Two sets...the first graders and the jr highs. One day the bus had to do a double run and the kids were forced to sit by stops. He had to sit with the first graders and one of them fell alseep on his shoulder and he was livid when he got off the bus. When I ask what he did he said let him sleep what else could I do?

Comment

Working...
                    X