Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday.. April 25

good morning

will open the door... but have to take care of a few things before I can yak..
    Last edited by ladyebug; 04-25-2016, 07:42 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Morning all

Back to work after a restful weekend.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning. It doesn't feel so good though....nerves doing me in. Think I need a big cry and then I'll carry on & be fine.

Yesterday was crazy. We went to church and then headed down to the Pgh hospital that Kathy was taken. Of course it couldn't be a local hospital that I could easily get to. I DETEST driving in downtown Pgh. The stupid GPS lady wasn't giving us the right directions and sometimes it was while we were sitting at a stop light and we'd be in the wrong lane. GRRRRR!!!!!! It took 6 hrs for them to get her to a room. She was in a lot of pain but the duffus wouldn't take any pain meds. After many xrays, it was determined that she ONLY broke her collar bone and fx one of her vertebra....her wrist & hip weren't broken like they thought. She initially refused surgery on her CB, but her boyfriend's mission last night was to convince her to have it & she is. We saw her into her room and she wanted to start making phone calls, so we left. Her boyfriend was also admitted but he could walk so he came down to visit with her. He'll be discharged today. I came home & put on jammies. I had had it for the day. So many phone calls & texts.

This morning I have to make other phone calls...car insurance and the courts (she was to be finger printed today for something else stupid). A friend of hers that works at the Sam's Club she was SUPPOSE to be starting at tomorrow called them and told them she couldn't be there.

Becca called last night & she's having brake problems, so Corky's going up there after work and trading vehicles so we can get that fixed. It's ALWAYS something. She was a tiny bit resentful that because of Kathy we couldn't go up to visit her as planned. I consoled her because I was feeling guilty too about the frustrations I was feeling with her too. I know it was an accident, but it's always something with her.

Have a good one all....and thank for letting me unload on you all.

Comment

Good Morning.

(((Donna)) Just be grateful Kathy can be fixed and it wasn't something much worse. Glad you have your family nearby. Blessing.

Well, another blood test for John this morning and a dental visit for me.

Hope you all have a good day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good Morning, today will be another day on the phone trying to figure out what is going on with my insurance. May have to make another payment on the "new" policy to make sure it isn't cancelled out too. They already have the money, but it was applied to the "old" policy which they then cancelled and they can't apply it to the new one.

Yesterday put my seeds in potting soil to start, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, watermelon and cantaloupe. I know I should have gotten them started sooner but Kenny kept putting off picking up the soil.

Donna, you mentioned Kathy not having insurance, before you pay anything on her hospital bill, ask if they have an indigent program she can apply for. Most hospitals have them and depending on circumstance's they will cover part or all of the cost.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I think we have 2 good morning posts that need to be merged by a moderator. The other one was started by Boff.

Today will be to continue to clean out the small shed so it can be moved to the Lake property, if the ground ever dries out long enough. Yesterday after I got home from church, I moved everything that stays here to the large shed, and arranged everything in it.

Tomorrow is to the Dr. appt. and he will probably put the stop to my lifting for a while. Hope he can give me good news about the surgery that I need to stop frequent injections into my spine. AND yes I will listen to him. That's why I've been pushing myself to the "outer limits" to get this work done.

Cookie, hope Kathy will get her act together and act more like a responsible adult. You are being pushed to your limit as well. Just don't let her ruin EVERYTHING for you.

Sharon, sorry about the acid reflex that you have to go through. That's why my surgeon switched my surgery to by-pass because the surgery you got makes acid reflux worse. I can't imagine having to go through what you have to go through. I never aspirated any acid, but did have it to wake me up when it would "flow" up into my throat.

Best get my day started. I slept in a bit today so have to get this tired old rear in gear.

Everyone have a good day doing whatever you enjoy.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
              Well, I do have an agenda today. At the cancer center. About noonish I have lab work, and an hour later I'm scheduled for the bone marrow biopsy. So this morning I'll have time for some breakfast and a shower. For what it's worth, I'm getting around on my own better....even though my feet are still swollen. At night I massage the sore areas of my legs with a special cream, and that seems to give the most relief for the longest period of time. Our leg-massaging machine that Ellis ordered does a good massage during the day. I wish I knew why I can't lose that last bit of feet swelling, though.
              If I overdo the walking, the swelled skin starts looking inflamed.

It's been a very windy weekend here, and we still have wind advisory warnings today. Right now it's calm out there. But will be sunny and about 82°. So, except for the coming winds, it should be nice weather.

Cookie, it sounds like your whole family is in shock from the accident. Eventually, things will get back to normal. I hope Kathy gets another chance at that job. I hope your nerves calm down soon, too. Take care.

Pat, I'm glad you had a good weekend.

To all, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. Have a great day.

(Looks like a bunch of us were typing together this morning. 😄 )
              Last edited by JoGee; 04-25-2016, 08:15 AM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

I got up with the chickens..And did house work..

Another sunny day...

I went ot see my neighbor..Her husband just pass away..So made a dinner for them yesterday..And sat with her and talked..

Comment

Another gorgeous day and it may be the last for a while with rains moving in. Need to work on the hamburger I bought yesterday and will make two types of meatballs and freeze some meat loafs. Jon in pretty good about playing in the meat mix so will let him do it while I supervise. Going to call the doctor and see about my foot...it has swollen and is sore again and no, I did not fall. It is just sore and swollen and affecting my knee or vise versa, no matter they are both sore and I do not like to be handicapped with this beautiful weather. I have things to do, places to go, not to big on people to see but that is just my antisocialness coming out. Housework will wait until a rainy day. Sorry about the Kathy ordeal...always something in their lives. How do they manage such turmoil? Nothing new from here..

Comment

Good morning!
                    Windy here and cooler. I turned on the heat to take the chill off.
                    Donna, I agree with Darla, about not paying for anything. Let insurance company work it out. And you were not at fault.
                    We had a great time at Mary Poppins. And looking forward to other productions. The last ones I have been to were in San Francisco.
                    I am wanting to start back up at the gym I used to attend. My treadmill is gym quality, but I want to add weights and the machines the gym has are great. Here I have hand held 5 pound weights and not a lot of designated work out space or storage for more weights, etc.
                    Jo, I hope all goes well for your appointments this week. You are a lesson in Positive thinking!
                    Jostoy, keep yourself healthy for that surgery. Aren't we thankful for modern medicine?!
                    Hope you all have a good Monday!

Comment

Aloha all!

Jeepers, Donna, it never rains but pours on your family. Hope the sun shine will come out today and Kathy will be better, ins. taken care of, and Becca's car fixed and other good things to happen in your family.

Will take the bus in a half hour which will be making a trip to the PO, bank, and LOngs/CVS. Need a couple of things. Could drive myself but feel like being chauffeured today.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                      X