Saturday ~ April 23 ~ Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ April 23 ~ Howdy!

Where is everyone? I have already scooped the cat food and steam mopped the floor. Getting ready to leave to pick up my English peas! So excited.

Also, I paid a lady to hem my pants. Had 12 pair and she only charged $6 each, which I thought was great, and I'm on my way to pick up those and throw out all the old pants.

Cleaned out the storage closet in the kitchen and have a ton of stuff to take somewhere. Why I kept all this stuff is really troubling. Nancy did take a few things off my hands.

Well, have a good day, Everyone! Hope you are all having fun and too busy to check in here.

Hugs ~

Good morning.
    When sleep won't come, the night is endless. I had another one of those nights. So it'll be another looooong day for me
    No plans today. We will take the day as it comes.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning ..

was up at 6 am.. but lounged in my sleepwear.. coffee. toast . Mark stopped in as usual... then read a bit.. organized ? the day on paper.. will need a quick short trip to local groc store.. milk and bread.. ..

Elaine,, after clothes shopping trip on Thurs.. I have two pair pants to hem.. have not re-tried any of the new clothes on.. but see I was in a blue, and green mood.. ... I should put the pants in some warm water and then dry in the dryer.. in case they are going to shrink.. before I hem them.. the real job that I should do is take all clothes out of my closet ,, try on, and ditch the ones I know I will never wear again... most can go to the second hand store.. I will probably find that I did not need any of the new clothes but once in a while you need a new top... right ladies?.

Jo.. when you can't sleep at night.. you get so tired , just turning from position to another position!... I eventually get spasm in my feet and legs.. .
      ..... we need to set up an email session some night . hope the day is better .

News... DAvid went to the sawmill and Worked for the first time since December... Bill took it slow and they stopped fairly early.... DAvid was in seventh heaven... did not hurt.. and felt so good.!... supposed to go over to sawmill for more today.. ..
      Also. His sister had appointment with her lung dr.. whos office is within 20 miles of our house.. after she was done we met her and daughter for late lunch... halfway between dr office and our house.. and had nice visit.. she is doing well for what all is wrong.. very bad Diabetes 1 and poor lungs.. ( thanks to a lot of smoking ?in her 18-55 years).
      She was happy to see David looking as good as he does.. I do not know why she come here to see this particular Dr.
      she lives 2 hour east of here. and when she has a breathing problem . she does not see him ??? oh well.. her decision.

have a good day one and all.. see you later.
      Last edited by Mayebarnes; 04-23-2016, 08:23 AM.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I slept in this morning and am not even sure what time it is now. Two nights of late hockey and baseball games plus last night something was making my legs crawl. I do not remember taking a new decongestant which is normally what causes that..in fact the one I am now taking isn't doing its job at all so certainly should not have caused that particular problem. Yesterday Sierra came in while I was gone and took a nap...she and I have been suffering with allergies so something different is in the air around here that we have not encountered before. We live with constant headaches and take meds. She said one of her professors ask if she felt ok and she just said' allergies'. That is the standard answer in the midwest in Spring. Lunch with the old gals was as I expected. No matter what I cannot totally enjoy those lunches. No one is snobby, in fact we have for the most part all lived the same lives, educated our children the same etc. None of us divorced, which if you think about it is an oddity, Husbands do not come up for discussions, we talk our grandchildren and we all have them, and we discuss who has died. My old best friend and I always gravitate together and sit comfortably then lunch is over and if I am lucky I can find excuses for another 6 months. Aren't I terrible? or antisocial? I feel bad that I do not like these lunches when the others seem to relish them. Andrew had early dismissal yesterday and hit the street running. The kids formed a ballgame and it was a hoot but I give the guys credit...they had the first grade twins and the jr high twins and anyone in between playing....all boys no girls around here. Then they broke off into catch as the younger kids bored. He stayed out until 7:30 and since it was left over night his dad and I let him play. He is old enough to come in if hungry or thirsty although I do think a carton of capri sun did hit the street. We are always willing to contribute until he passes out dollar bills. Our Andrew is a very generous little boy. Yesterday I picked up a hibiscus and when I got home found it is not the hearty one so now need a pot and another shrub. I hate getting out on Saturday or Sunday...all the working class are out on the weekends and we retired folk like a less crowded environment to buy our bushes and plants...plus parking is a bitch! Enjoy your weekends. Going to be beautiful and quiet around here.

Comment

Good morning..I am nursing a very sore knee this morning...Late yesterday I went to the grocery store to get the snack stuff mom asked for...while I was walking around the store there was something on the floor that I did not see I stepped on it...my knee leg went one way the rest of me went the other...had I not had hold of my shopping cart I would have gone completely down...I am sure that I will be ok and I told the manager what happened but told him I was fine...I can walk on it but it hurts..I was able to ride my bike home last night..so I just think maybe I sprained it good...so glad to be off work tomorrow.

My parents come tomorrow...They will be here through Wednesday!!! I am so excited to see them....mom has to have some sort of heart function Test on Thursday to rule out heart issues as the cause of her leg swelling...she is thinking its the new pill the doctor gave her. its some type of immunotherapy pill that she has to take for the next 5 years.

Today slow but sure last minute cleaning and another sink full of dishes since in the middle of everything my dishwasher began leaking...dad will fix it..

Also yesterday some close famiy friends lost their daughter in a bad car accident...she was in her 20s and left a husband and two little ones...

Comment

Good Morning, today has to be less frustrating than yesterday. First off as I was in the kitchen getting my coffee the doorbell rang, before I could even turn around heard the screen open and someone pounding on the wood door like they were going to knock it down. They didn't knock and then stop but just continued until I screamed "Just a minute". I don't just open my door, always look out the little window in the door and unless I KNOW you, you talk to me through the door, anyhow I'm asking "Can I help you?" and he is just looking at me waiting for me to open the door. He then starts telling me they were going to be trimming trees in the alley and asking me to step outside so he can show me which trees they were trimming. He told me it wasn't the power company but for "a neighbor", told him I wasn't dressed and as long as he didn't have to get on our property to do what he needed to do. Kenny had heard me talking and was getting dressed to find out what was going on. Kenny walked up the driveway with him and as they got to the gate Fred got very agressave (not something he usually does). Guy told Kenny that he was trimming for the power company and pointed to a tree across the alley (tallest one that could be seen). Don't know what he was up to but there sure wasn't any tree trimming done yesterday.If he was up to trouble guess he didn't count on the fact that the door wasn't going to be just opened or the fact that we have a dog that showed a nasty attitude in the back yard. Then when the mail ran I still didn't get my insurance card so called them and was on the phone for almost 2 hours and still didn't get any answers. So will have to make calls about it Monday again.

Aunt Maye so glad David is able to enjoy working at the sawmill and is taking it slow, probably the best medicine for him.

Maxie, bet those boys had more fun with their ball game than a regular game. Sometimes I think adults are better off just letting kids be kids than trying to orgainize everything for them. Wonder how we ever grew up without our Mothers setting "play dates" for us. Our neighbors were far enough away that ours started with a phone call and "can you come play?" and then we walked and met half way then back to whoevers house together, when it was time to go home we walked half way together and then split up to go the rest of the way back to our own house.

Well gotta get ready to go to the store, other wise we aren't going to have coffee tomorrow. Sure thought I had another can but looked and looked yesterday and didn't find one.

Comment

Good afternoon..everyone...

i was making meatloaf for dinner tomorrow..And get all ready..

Then i had to fix my mother pair of pants..

The day just flew by..
              i thought we need a cute pic..
              Then we had some storm last night...And there was lighting too..And scare the furbabies too..

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did venture out into the weekend planting crowd and did very well. Picked up several more plants and had a nice young man put the potting soil in my cart...of course I was the one who hauled it out of the cart and into the trunk and then out to the patio but will leave the planting to my son. I have been looking every where for a flowering almond and no nursery around here has them. Maybe will ask Scott to look and pick one up on his next visit. So my day has been productive. Beth sorry about your knee and determined how smart of you to handle the tree cutter and avoid possible trouble, glad David is doing so well in his recovery and hope Elaine and John get to the bottom of his problem. Whoever said meatloaf made my mouth water. If I missed anyone hello...Jo I always think of you. It is absolutely gorgeous here...may air out the closet and sit in the sun.

Comment

Very late Aloha all!

Since I have been here I have made several Bermuda shorts out of my pants. Wear them a lot more then long pants. I have shrunk and a lot of my long pants are too long now so those are the ones I make the shorts out of.

They make meat loaf here but the chef puts this weird herb in it. Don't like it and prefer my own when I used to make it. Bet you make a killer meat loaf, Sassy. Would love some.

Will just ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and have a good evening all!

Comment

Originally posted by Nalani View Post
                    Very late Aloha all!

Since I have been here I have made several Bermuda shorts out of my pants. Wear them a lot more then long pants. I have shrunk and a lot of my long pants are too long now so those are the ones I make the shorts out of.

They make meat loaf here but the chef puts this weird herb in it. Don't like it and prefer my own when I used to make it. Bet you make a killer meat loaf, Sassy. Would love some.

Will just ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all and have a good evening all!
                    Nalani,I save just for "YOU" a slice of it..I sure do..

Comment

Working...
                    X