X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday the 18th April

Good morning ..Rise and shine..

And another sunny day..But cold..

To day it is Larry and Squeakie birthday they are 2 ...

I have to him my mother pair of pants to day..

Good Morning, don't have much time this morning, another appt. Hope to make it back here sometime today....supposed to be another beautiful day, hope everyone enjoys it..and if it is nice in IL, jostoy please still give your back a rest. (see I do read)

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning all

Yep, it's Monday and that means we are back to the rut. But it's a GOOD rut.

A good friend from way back passed away Saturday, so I have a funeral to attend Wednesday. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer exactly a week ago today and went immediately into hospice and died on Saturday morning. Very quick.

Jostoy, I, too, read everything - even though I may not respond or post that day at all. Hope you get some relief for that back problem quickly!

Erin spent the weekend at Turd's, so I got a break from being the parent this weekend. I actually got to take a NAP yesterday!

So I'm gonna get some more coffee and get this office rolling. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Hello!

It is not a nice day here. Been raining since noon yesterday and still going strong. Even rained out the Ranger ballgame in Dallas yesterday.

Another appointment this morning at 10. I'd better dig out the rain gear.

Have a good day, Everyone

Comment

Good morning.

​Yesterday's post was more about why my post started typing backwards. It just happened again, but I deleted the "as* backwards", and started again. My question was if this has happened to others and/or what I was doing wrong.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning everyone...I was up for about an hour and a half in the night playing plumber...My toilet broke again...but I fixed it again with out calling my dad! I am proud....I did call him this morning when I knew they would be up to tell them what I had done and make sure that I done everything the right way....I the next time that it happens I now know where the shut off valve is for the toilet. By the time I heard it at 1 it had been running atleast 2.5 hours....Dad thinks the float got stuck and my jiggling and wiggling stuff and adding water got it to unstick....but I am tried now from being awake.

Work last night was hard but ok...I worked hard the whole time that I was there we are preparing for inventory...I am off next Sunday...wasn't too happy as I like to earn the money but when I really thought about it I am fine with being off....its the weekend my parents will be here for a visit and its my youngest niece's last children's chior concert at church. My boss took me off because she needed to have people there that have a lot more experiance than I do...she needs people there that don't need a lot of help and can just do the work with out asking stuff...I am not that person yet..One day I will be that person...and One day I hope to get a few more hours...I still have a lot to learn.

Today I will go cash my weekly check...pick up the one thing at walmart...A new cup..pick up a couple things at target...come home and get groceries at the store by my home...I also need to check the movies to see if there is anything that my youngest niece and I can go see...we both had alot of fun doing that last week...

off to rest a bit more before I need to get ready.

Comment

Good Morning, have a feeling it's gonna be a long day on the phone. Called yesterday to fill my scripts and was told that my insurance isn't valid. Supposed to have a Dr apt today so will have to call and cancel it then call the insurance company and see what is going on. I know the pharmacy called while I was gone and saying they needed my new insurance card, which I don't have yet, and Kenny told them that and they told him they could use the old one until I got the new one. I had called to make a payment and was told that I couldn't until April 1st (when it came due). So called on the first, made a payment for 6 months, and was told I was covered until Oct.1. Got a letter saying that I owe -$6. Looked at my card and it is dated 5/15. 5 is May right and this is April so the card should be good. Will have to wade through their computer crap before I can get a real person.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday I was whipped. Stayed after Sunday School to help with a lunch for the Mission Encounter team & their missionary guests. We were out of there by 1pm. I came home & took a nap. Dropped Blaise off at the church for Kidz Club and went to play cards at my brother's house with my Mom & friend Sandy. We had a good time.

My brother is waiting to hear today his he's being let go. Apparently a whole group of salaried personnel is getting axed. There was an email marked TEST that was rec'd by some of them and my brother was one of them. He was hired to help with the new steel mill they built....doing the computer programming. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. He's been on the other side too....the one left after they've fired a bunch of people and he says that's not fun either. You are left holding the bag and expected to do your old job plus 3 other people's and do it right...for the same pay.

My morning started out very nice. Blaise just couldn't wait to give me a present that he made at Kidz Club for Mothers Day. It's a red blanket with his hand prints on it in the shape of a heart. I feel so honored that he gave it to me rather than Kathy. I will cherish it forever.

Kathy showed up early this morning. Had to take her car to the garage for a 9am appt and it needed time to cool down. Since she's going to be around, I'm picking up my Mom and we are going into town to look for curtains for her living room. Kathy will get Blaise off the bus.

Jo...hope your back gets some relief. BTW...I've never had my computer type things backwards, but I'd Google it and see if you can get a solution.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
                  Not much going on today. I'm suppossed to eat lightly today, as I have to be at the hospital VERY early tomorrow to get that port put in. Other than that I'm not going to think about hospital stuff til I have to be there.

Elaine, all excess rain is welcome here. 😉
                  Jostoy, I've never had that problem of backwards-typing.
                  Pat, I have a friend in LA with stage 4 cancer, newly diagnosed. Hoping the docs get it all.
                  Darla, good luck with all that. Insurance, from our experience, never makes anything easy.
                  Beth, good work!
                  Sharon, Sassy, plus all those who follow or are typing with me....hi
                  Have a good day, everyone. 🌞
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is yet another beautiful day here and I am going to enjoy it! The patio is beginning to look so nice but none of the flowers are out yet ae the nurseries. The pansies and petunias and marigolds but I am waiting for the daisy's and poppies and pretty things but boy are those petunias are smelling sweet when you walk by an aisle of them! Still need a couple of shrubs then the back should be finished and we will start painting the front porch and getting someone in to fix the steps...they are way to high for me and need some professional help to add a step and lower them all. Bought a Crepe Myrtle and cannot wait to get it in the ground! My sister says they are hard to grow but I will try...could only afford a small one so hope it takes. Jon planted sand cherries a few years ago and those roots are so set we cannot dig them to move. He is using this rickety old shovel that looks like the handle will split anytime so that may be a problem. I know he took his dad's tools so where are the good ones I ask...and I got 'mom, dad has been gone 20 years..just how long do you think things stay new'? How did that time go past? In people time it doesn't seem that long ago but in shovel time it is a lifetime. Sierra was a newborn and now she is in college! We are having chicken stir fry this evening and grilling again tomorrow when all the kids are here. A great day in sports yesterday with the Blues and Cardinals both winning. More baseball tonight and hockey tomorrow. Need to run the vac from the weekend track ins. House is getting pretty warm by late afternoon and last evening it was warm sleeping..may be thinking of the air conditioner soon. I am not opposed to furnace in the morning and a/c in the afternoon. Enjoy the day...it will be a beaut here!

Comment

Crepe myrtle grow here, Maxie! One of the staples that can withstand the summer heat.
                      My new roof is getting started today! The roofer said " in two months" from my talking to him and getting his estimate, and next week is 2 months exactly. So noise on the roof, dogs barking and a big truck blocking our window, but WooHoo! I am excited! That tree falling was a blessing and I am dealing with the noise!
                      Kids are pretty oblivious to it...
                      Spencer got home to Japan and now we just wait for Nikki's visa to come through.
                      I saw Texas rains on Good Morning America, Elaine. A lot of water in a short time to deal with. Hope all is well at your place.
                      Maye, I am ready to vote! We like the same people.
                      To both Jo's: take care and know you have a bunch of good thoughts coming your way!
                      Have a good day, Everyone!

Comment

good Morning

I worked backwards today ... did the Work first, ,laundry .clean deck furniture. get the round table cloth anchored on .. and a half dozen other chores.. then I came to RT.....Im pooped....
                        wish I could find the place where it tells the computer to print backwards... I thought that was so cool... I can even read it..

we ended up setting and enjoying the deck for awhile ,,,, sunshine , deck, ahhhh, spring has returned... now for a green leaf or two. .

IPaula, Im ready for DWTSs.. hope none of my favorites to off.. my phones are charged and ready to vote too.

JoG... good attitude.. dont thing of tomorrows procedure today.... just enjoy the day.

Maxie,, isn't it amazing! how fast time goes by..

gotta get the biscuits in oven , going to make , for the first time ever, sausage gravy for over them.. should be interesting .. David is outside mowing grass that does not need mowed but he wanted to be busy.... this man will drive me to Maxie's closet darn soon.!
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aloha all!

Clear out but windy. May not walk around the outside of the building unless I want to blow away. Might walk the halls instead.

I didn't know a computer could type backwards either. I guess if you couldn't understand it you could hold a mirror up to it. I could read Jostoy's backward sentence yesterday but I thought it was purposely done but I guess not. Computers are strange and have their own minds I think.

Don't know what the day will bring. Have a good day all!

Comment

Jostoy, didn't you recently install Windows 10? It might be something in that. You never know. 😱
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by boffler View Post
                              Good Morning, don't have much time this morning, another appt. Hope to make it back here sometime today....supposed to be another beautiful day, hope everyone enjoys it..and if it is nice in IL, jostoy please still give your back a rest. (see I do read)
                              boffler,I had doctor appt..We wait about two hours..That was long day..

Comment

Working...
                              X