Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ April 16th

Morning all Rise and shine!

I'm at work - have the office all alone again today as everyone else is out of town.

I'm off tomorrow and my plan is to do absolutely as LITTLE as possible. Erin has exhausted me both physically and mentally this week.

So I'm off to make some coffee. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning.

Ready for anothe sunny day..

Today it is wash day..

and everyone have nice day..

Comment

Good Morning to all...I have two cats that are literally driving me nuts this morning, they are 'teenagers' just like Pat's Erin and I can sympathize with her, this excessive meowing and wanting attention is getting OLD!!! I guess I am so lucky to have had not many troubles/problems with kids and growing pains...wonder if going to a catholic school helped?

Well we are heading to MI today, taking the roto tiller up to our son and get his garden plot tilled up, won't be long and we can all start our gardens..made a pan of brownies, they were Kelly's/Kathy's Mom's recipe, she use to come to the Roundtable, she had cats also...best recipe for brownies I have ever used. Supposed to be a beautiful weekend and I plan on being outside and enjoying it...I bought a rotisserie for my grill last year end of season anxious to try it out, hopefully tomorrow I will use it..

Hubby is still sleeping so I am going to start breakfast and get this day started, doesn't take the men long to get started, me a little longer...

Have a great day one and all...hope some sun is shining on you also.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's going to be a perfect day weather wise.

Yesterday was good. Just kept busy puttering around preparing. Did go to Aldi's & Giant Eagle first thing. Went to GE to match coupons and sale items. My original total was $82 and I got it down to $47. The biggest expense was the 3 bags of cat food I got for a total of $25 and that was the big bags. My mail carrier is kind enough to give me 3-4 groups of ads every week, so I have multiple coupons for the same thing. I got several things even free. I was thrilled. I don't know how those coupon queens get a basket full for almost nothing. That boggles my mind. I think if I get a basket for 50% I've done fantastic.

Right now I'm steaming. Kathy has agreed to be my helper today at the concession stand. Guess who msg me at 5:30am saying she MIGHT now come now? She was partying. I am beyond ticked. I was paying her to do this, so it wasn't even like she was volunteering. Corky said he'd go with me if I found a babysitter for Blaise. Anyways, this morning I'm finishing packing the car and will be heading out around 11am and probably won't be back until 9pm.

Well, best get busy....have a good one all!

Comment

good early morning
          up early too... got a list and most of it will is scheduled all for the same time.... 9am... the bank ,library, and pharmacy all open at 9.. and have brief stop at each one.. then head to high school.. gymnasium. today is Bethany's last baton meet of the season... the only one I get to see. .which also starts at 9am
          however there is bunches of different groups there and the dance routines are first... so Beth won't take the floor until 10 or later ...after I get to the school and settled in safed seat... then its , just set and watch, wait. .they have little refreshment stand. to get coffee. and stuff.. afternoon is individual routines ,I would just like to see Bethanys free style routine . then .... if I still feel awake.. stop and see dear lady friend ( cancer patient) for a half hour visit..

David is supposed to be going to the sawmill. to "supervise".. hope he can enjoy just watching and helping a little..

Pat.. many many hugging thoughts coming your way... these are the toughest years ... for BOTH Erin and you... e

and Prayed it don't go on endlessly as it has for Donna,,, .. ( Head slap to Kathy from me)

I will be back later this evening to read..
          Last edited by Mayebarnes; 04-16-2016, 06:34 AM.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, think I may have caught up on my sleep. Well maybe caught up. Will try to put up a few wedding pictures, my phone battery died so am having to swipe ones that others have posted. Will get some once Ellen's photographier gets them back to her. Not sure if that is what the girl is studying in college or if it is just something she likes to do, but her parents are friends of Larry and Ellen's and she volunteered to do it for free. They have some really awesome friends who came together with volunteering stuff for the wedding.and they plan on making charitable donations in the names of the ones who have told them that they will be very upset if they try to pay them. The lady who did their centerpieces was one of Larry's accounts and when we took her stuff back to her she was telling us that she has her own little "Hobby Lobby" in her basement and doing stuff in it is her relaxation and since Larry took really good care to see what she needed for the golf course that she manages this was her gift to them.

This will sound silly to some but at my age I had never been to Olive Garden which is where Keithian decided to have his birthday dinner. I even tried the fried calamari.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning. 😊

It was a good night. I slept til 5 this morning, and no sleep aid! That's a good thing.
              I'm getting a bit nervous as the chemo days get closer. Tuesday I get my port. Wednesday the chemo begins.
              Today will get only to 75°, but will be sunny. The forecasters don't even mention the winds most of the time, but yesterday I thought it would take the leaves off our trees. It didn't, but the trees really whipped around. Crazy weather.

Nothing new happening here. E is learning to do laundry pretty well. He keeps the dishes rinsed and dishwasher filled.
              It's nice to see the sinks cleared again. He can nuke the hotdogs and frozen dinners.....he is NOT a cook, though.
              I had him put BBQ Sauce on the fz fish dinner....a very nice change! I will be glad when I get around normally again. Everything about healing seems such a slow process.

So...that's all that's going on here. Hope you all have a really great day! 🌞
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am waiting for my turn on the treadmill.
                Spencer got home to Japan yesterday and said he was totally rested from his flight: flew First class! A business friend who flues all the time, gave him points.
                Pat and Jo, I wish I could send real hugs and real help. Well, prayers are help, but you know what I mean.
                Parade today. I have the chairs ready to put in the van. It is always a 2 to 2 1/2 hour parade.
                Be back this afternoon to read more here.
                Hope you all have a good day!
                Donna, I hope Kathy has decided to come with you.

Comment

Going to be another beautiful day! Bought a couple more flowering shrubs but want to wait a while longer before putting them in the ground. Last night I watched hockey and baseball...one good the other not so good. Blues played great but sometimes you don't get the breaks. Cardinals are on a run with these big scores. nothing planned for today but an afternoon ball game. Going to go look for the wedding pictures. Have a great day..

Comment

Morning I am late today...Plan too clean my room run to the store and do laundry...

Comment

😅. A little more progress for me today.......
                      I had a pretty good sense of balance today, so at lunchtime I put some frozen perogi in a frying pan to heat, and opened a can of soup to put on another burner. Then I had to go sit a bit because my ankles were biting me. But judging from the cooking sounds, I went back and turned the pierogies over and plated them when they were done. Had to ask E to ladle out the soup, though. My ankles were yelling bloody murder.

But, yay! I did fix lunch today. One little chore, but it was a big accomplishment for me. All considered.

I also had to remind E to quit offering to do every little thing. Yes, I have trouble standing up from my chair, but I may have to make the effort 3-5 times before asking for help. I think if I don't make an effort to do the everyday things, then it's going to take longer to get better.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X