It's Fried Eggs Day, I mean Friday...April 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Fried Eggs Day, I mean Friday...April 15th

Good Morning to all...been so busy lately don't know doing what, but the day just seems to get away from me, seems as though time is moving way to fast, BUT then I figured out it was me getting older and slower, LOL.

My sister was here for a few days and that was a great visit, still going through files, folders, totes, etc. making hubby do his part also...he is not happy about that, now if I could get him to get rid of some things out of his side of the closet I would have it made.

Going to make some brownies today to take to my sons tomorrow, taking the roto tiller up to him so he can get his garden site plowed, we are all looking forward to having a garden...

I do hope John, Justy, JoG and so many others are doing better today, I have been pretty lucky lately with the Crohn's, hoping for a full remission for awhile, want to take our grandgirls to Disney in October, need to stay healthy...also so looking forward to some camping time....got the itch to be out in the wide outdoors...

Well going to clean out the fridge, do laundry, some house keeping today also check out a Dollar Tree store in town, so that is my plan...

Have a great day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Morning all

Not much news here. Erin is still being a pill, so am dealing with that.

I am the only one in the office today and tomorrow - hoping for slow days. The last of our snowbirds depart this weekend - let the summer season begin!

I'm off for more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning, all. Same old thing here, beautiful sunny weather, back aching, and dog wanting attention, usually when I want to finish a chapter in my book.
      Last book I read was well written but the author had to add every cliche he could think of. Dystopia, marine turned super hero, aliens, gypsies, Druids. I only finished it because the premise was so ridiculous.

Made myself Sloppy Joes for dinner. Had it started but found my bell pepper had gone bad so it wasn't tasting right. Also had the store brand ketchup that I find is way too sweet. Lily like the dab I gave her, though.

Well, that's the excitement here. Be good to yourselves and everyone else.

Comment

Good Morning ,, and it is still morning... had a sleepless night. ..just got awake and could not get back to sleep after the bathroom trip.... should have turned on the bedlight and read.. ..got a quicky snooze from 7 to 7.30.. ..got awake. made another cup coffee. fed the cats . the feral boy cat is so patient.. but he does like his warm milk and piece of cheap baloney...bed is made and I am dressed .. D. is asleep in the chair. What a homey little picture I just painted of our morning ... ... serious cleaning, sweepering. will have to wait until D. wakes up.. gives me time to chat here.. plan the day. which little corner needs me today..Sharon, I want to just open drawers and toss out things... full drawers that have clothes never worn ..old coats just hanging in closets..
        you keep talking about cleaning and I might just do some tossing .. I liked the "throw out 5 things a day."... will have to get to that method..too.

Pcp Dr. office called. My lab work I had done yesterday morn. showed I was "low" in potassium ( yet again).. and Dr. had ordered me some pills for it . at my Pharmacy -of-choice.. my fault. I do not eat right.. I had skipped my bananas , orange juice, yogurt, routine.. which would bring it right back up...

Pat.. the eternal struggle. mom and teenage daughter ( or son).. I have four kids... three gave us some problems , only one slid through the teen age years without being a pain in butt.. when he enlisted in Navy at the end of his Senior year.. I cried.. he was my dependable helper. the "good Kid".. but life does have a way of working things out.with the troubling kids ,,,,, Most of the time.... ( not always, but most of the time).

Sharon, agree, hope there is improvement for the not so well Rounders...

HI to you all.. be back later to check in..
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and we are to have more the same for the next several days.

Yesterday was good. Just puttered around and cooked a nice dinner. Kathy took Blaise outside and showed him how to play like a boy...LOL! She'll be working the 2pm-9pm shift at Sam's which is perfect for her since she's NOT a morning person.

This morning I'm running into town to pick up the rest of the items for Sunday lunch at church and the coupon items from Giant Eagle. Then home to bake 2 pies for tomorrow's concession stand and get that all organized. Don't think I'll pack the car until this evening once it cools off. It's suppose to be 70 and beautiful tomorrow. Kathy is working with me tomorrow.

Best get busy.....have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, just got in. I had WI-Fi for a couple of days in NE but then didn't. Wedding was beautiful. Did find out that this Granny is out of touch. One of the little ring bearers came up and showed me a scratch on his finger and I called it a boo-boo, he looked at me shocked and said "No it's an owwie" Of course before I could get pictures my battery went dead in my camera. Got to watch the new grandson play baseball and celebrate his birthday with him (14). Watched the granddaughter play her first soccer game. She is pretty excited about the whole "now I have 3 family's"

One of the wonderful things with the wedding was that Son-in-laws X wife and her mother made the wedding cake for them, and it was beautiful. When I told Crystal (the X) Thank-you, she told me that she could not have picked a better step-mother for Keithian if she had tried. That she and her family love Ellen for everything she does for him.

Well didn't get any sleep on the bus so think I'm going to go in and climb in bed for a little while.

Comment

Your trip sounds wonderful, Darla!
              It is still dark out here and I am not sure about the weather, yet. It is supposed to be sunny, high 80's by Sunday, and windy. Makes for an interesting parade watching time, for sure.
              I have had meetings, social, and appointments this week. Tonight I have hair and nails. I am getting brave and getting layers cut so I can get some volume on top.
              Hope all are getting better and stronger and your days are getting warmer.
              I will check back and see what is gong on with thevrestbofbour crew later.
              Yay for Friday! ( That fried egg idea sounds good, boffler. Thanks!)

Comment

Good morning.
                I had literally no sleep last night either. And I'd taken 2 sleep aid pills! Go figure.
                But..........PROGRESS! Each time I got up in the night, and this morning, I've been shuffling around without my walker.
                The foot swellings are not completely down yet, and walking is not yet pain free from the accumulated fluids. And I can go through 2 rooms before having to sit. 😄 But I hated to wake him, as much as I needed some help with something.

E fixed me 2 PB Waffles before going back to bed. I ate 1. I'll have an ensure a bit later.
                I'm feeling the need to lie down for a nap now, though.

Have a good day, all.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Got a hair cut bight and early this morning and discover Jon was home...he called off and them instead of doing something..anything..he crawled back in bed and is still there. Makes me mad but he is an adult. I stopped by my local nursery and picked up an hydrangia and may plant my lilac today. It is gorgeous today!! Already decided not to cook and I made that decision when I discovered youngest son still in bed. I am not the cook or maid around here and would like a nap myself. Sierra helped me change my bed yesterday then we laid across it and watched the game all afternoon. So ok, my life is not so bad! Tonight have hockey and baseball so will be in my jammies early with my popcorn. Nothing going on around here I am pretty positive nothing will be done around here today. 70 at noon is pretty darn good for this part of the midwest,

Comment

Sorry for my rant earlier! I deleted it...and got to the bottom on of the problem...this pay check today reflected that I took off work the week before last...all I understood was that I was supposed to get paid each Friday...the only time that it wouldn't have been paid was the first Friday after I started working there. I didn't realize that pay roll will always run a week behind because the first time I was supposed to get paid I didn't and ended up having to wait an extra week. I jumped to conclusions that this what was happening again. IT wasn't what happened...I knew that I would have a week with out a pay check but I thought that it should have been last week but I got a check because they messed up the first week...I was wrong.

I am just taking a day to be quiet....going to make a pan of sloppy jo do some laundry sit out side and read.

Comment

Aloha all!

Taxes done and sent so that's done for a year.

Did not see a post from Elaine so hope John is ok.

Glad you are having a good day, Boffler!

Jo, hope you do better as the day goes on.

No plans for today as far as I know. But it is beautiful out so will take my walk in a few minutes.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Oh boy!!..I am late...
                        I been busy...Got up early and was all the rugs in the house...

I saw this pic on my facebook..And i have to show it off to everyone..lol.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                        X