Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ April 10

Good Morning, Everyone.

Overcast and cloudy. Nephew is trying to dig a new pool out here, and the machine broke down first day (of course). Finally got it fixed and it started raining yesterday. Work on hold it looks like.

We are back to watching ballgames, and the Rangers are on the West Coast, which means the games don't even start until 9p, and they don't end until forever. Today is an early game, thank goodness.

Well, nothing newsworthy here.

Hope you each have a good day.

Good moring...small group Bible study today..work this evening...nap in between.

Comment

Good morning.

up at 6, Mark was here .. chatting . catching on up on news of the week..

we will do lunch out today.. my Sunday treat .. David wanted to out yesterday, but no way was I wanting to get out on a cold ,snowy day in April (In April????)

However we did venture out in early evening. to go the mile and a half to Karens.. they were "sitting" Bill's mother for the evening . and waiting for Hannah to come down from college.. so got to see and talk to both of the women.. and Bill picked up supper sandwiches and salads at nearby restaurant.. we even play a few hands of cards.. which Karen and I lost ...was so nice to see the granddaughters. made a deal to make Hannah a helping of spagetti using my homemade sauce... ( its done already). she can take back up to school. stick in fridge and eat it tomorrow.. ...

still cold,,, 28.. but to warm up later in week. David and Bill were talking about doing some sawing at the mill this coming Sat... I hope he can ,, even just a little bit of work will lift his spirits on high..

that it from here...

Hi to you all.

Hi Justy.

and Hi Paula .
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning wedding went beautifully a few hickups but nothing major. Bride was beautiful, but I'm not prejudice at all. Saw the monkey last night. He came right to me. Didn't get to hold him long since they started the food line and parents lined up right after the wedding party.

Comment

Good morning, all.
          Last night I had trouble staying awake during a TV show, and then I slept through the entire night til 6! That sure felt good.
          Today we have an 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms. Am looking forward to that.

My hairdresser had actually tacked on an extra appointment for me....there were no other customers, just 2 new helpers being trained. We were right on the same line as to what to do with my hair to make it easiest-care for the months ahead.
          I envisioned a shag cut, but in the end (to her great delight) it ended up a cap of short curls. So much for natural curly hair. But I can live with it.
          She was discussing some stock with her helper, which caught my interest. A super hydrating light cream. She brought out a tube and generously applied it to my feet, calves, and parts of my face. It has oil of rosemary in it, which apparently a relaxant, a sinus remedy, among other things. Hey, today the foot swelling is down, and I hope it stays that way.
          But, yes, I bought a tube($$) of the stuff and hope it'll help fix my feet. We will see what it can do.
          My hairdresser reminded me of her cancer group connections (pro bono work), should I have problems with hair loss and such. She can help me to get products I might want or need.

While out yesterday, E did take a side trip and we found a lovely park. Grass, trees, a small lake, a very quiet place, it's natural beauty is an oasis in the area.......downside, the spot is quite a walk from the parking lot.

So....yesterday was good. Today will be quiet, but good. I hope it's a really good rain we get today!
          Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It is down right frigid out there. I see we are suppose to start warming up and having sunshine all week....yea!!!!

Yesterday was good. We got the food assembled & cleaned up in less than an hour & a half. We just clicked. After lunch Blaise & I went to visit my Mom and play UNO. My brother Ray was there too, so the four of us played. Mom & I then put in the last 50 or so pieces of her jigsaw puzzle.

This morning was church & SS. I convinced Ginger to put the 4 pans of scalloped potatoes in the oven early so they could start baking during SS and late church. They are leaving for the homeless shelter around 2:30pm. Last time the potatoes took almost to the time they were leaving before they were soft. I told her you can always just turn the ovens off and let them sit in there when they get done earlier. So I got them all in there and started them at 325 at 9:30am. Going to take it easy this afternoon. Taking Blaise to kids club at the church at 6pm and then heading to my Mom's to play cards with her, my SIL, and Aunt J's granddaughter Shawna.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Baseball and hockey...great combo for a Saturday night. Outcome was one great game and the other I hope is not a prelude to other years we have made the playoffs and not made it out of the first round. Need to run to the mall and return a pair of shoes I bought for Andrew but think I will wait until during the week and avoid traffic. Not going to do much today and haven't been cooking much lately so why start now? I will cook tomorrow and through the week with the kids in and out but son is old enough to find something on weekends. I happen to have a stash of cookies so I will be fine for today. Overcast and cold this morning. Waiting for spring to make a return or if Mother Nature just wanted to run right into summer that would be fine with me too. Started another book yesterday but not getting into it...too many words and not enough story. Going to be a slow day around here and nothing pressing for the week.

Comment

Maye, I always remember going to son Stuart's Idaho college graduation the last Saturday in April and dressed like a Californian and it Snowed! I walked in cute, open toed sling back pumps with a Walmart plastic bag over my head ( no umbrella ?!). I am sure I looked funny, but when I got inside my hair still looked good!
                In my college days in Utah my roommates made up a poem:
                There are two great big mysteries we're always not knowing.
                Where the Ten Tribes are and
                Why it keeps snowing!
                Not real poetry, I know, but after 4 years I knew I had had enough snow for my life!
                It is overcast here with little bits of rain predicted. If I ash the van do you think that will help us get the rain?
                My lilacs are almost done blooming, the Cala lilies are in full bloom, as are my two rose bushes. None of which are in the front yard...in the front my containers of pink geraniums are going crazy! When the city put us on strict watering days last summer, I started watering the containers when I emptied the dog water bowls to clean and refill. The geraniums must like dog slobber..
                I hope your team wins, Elaine. I will have to check and see which CA team I am rooting to lose...( is that how you spell that?)
                I went over to a friends yesterday morning to get their lunch order because they were packing up to move. They were all packed, ready to take off, and ended up giving Me all the food from their freezer! Lots of fish fillets, vegetables and two big bags of yeast! So I did not go to the grocery store. I already had lots of daycare food ( chicken, ground beef)
                Well, chatty me has talked your ears off again.
                Hope your weather cooperates and you all have a good day!
                Darla, I thought about you and the wedding a lot yesterday! So glad you had a great event!

Comment

Hi Maye and others. Nothing eventful here. Took my emergency water pill and hiked the oxygen up one notch. Dr. tells you what he wants it set on but when you can't breathe you have to improvise! Something has helped a wee bit. I am pretty good if don't move. That is impossible with all the water pills I have to take! LOL

Comment

((((((Justy)))))).
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Elaine, you are having a pool dug. A swimming pool or a pond of sorts?

Almost everyone seems to have had a good day. Hope today will be the same.

(((((Justy)))))

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X