Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday ~ 2/12 ~ Good Morning!

Hi Everyone.

Well, they finally got the plumbing fixed last night and this morning I have tried to put the house back in order. Got 2 rooms settled but now the garage is going to be a challenge.

Home health is coming today to start antibiotic infusion for John. 5 days. Trying to get everything clean and presentable for the nurses.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will have to come back and read later.

Hugs ~

Good moring...not a thing planned other than relaxing at home...

I had a really really great day yesterday...I got to go with a couple of ladies from an organization that plan activities in the community for people similar to me.. mom and I are looking into signing me up for their program...it will be a very good thing to get out of the house once or twice a month for something other than volunteering and church....it will be nice to possibly make new friends. They picked us from the place that my group meets....we went to lunch and went shopping in the afternoon...I hit some really good sales...I got a valentine gift for each of my nieces and my sister....one store was having a huge sale...everything in the store was buy 3 items get 3 items free....I ended up purchasing 4 infinity scarves...a stocking cap with a cat face for my 11 year old niece and a pair of earrings for me. I went to another store and found mom a beautiful scarf the back ground color is light pink the design in large white roses printed on it...I think that she will like it...it will look pretty with 2 of her turbans.

Comment

Good Morning! Boy, we have a bunch of sleepy heads this morning. Me, I could have slept in because there is no school today, but I didn't. Snowy & cold here.

Yesterday I helped with the Valentines party at school. It was fun. Came home & became a slug. No energy. Oh....Aunt J requested a carrot cake and I still have a spare naked one in the freezer, so I got that iced & over to her. That was my big accomplishment for the afternoon. I did get chicken simmering in a big pot for soup...today's project.

I've got the rice simmering & I'm going to make a big pot of chicken rice soup. I've also got bread rising. Going to take some of each up to the guys next door as a thank you for plowing the driveway yesterday. We were told when we moved in that they did this & that they didn't charge, but to "throw" them a pizza every now & then. Well I've been taking cookies & pies up to them, but I thought on a freezing cold day, I'd take them soup & bread. Of course that will be our supper too.

Today is finally my appt with the Endocrinologist. Maybe she'll have some answers for me concerning my Diabetes and thyroid. My Mom is going to watch Blaise for me.

Oh..funny story...Blaise collects Pokemon cards and has close to 100 by now and you find them here & there occassionally. I've been saying we are going to get him a card collection book to put them in. Well Kathy & her friend created one for him & yesterday they sorted all the cards and put them very neatly & organized in the book. Kathy proceeded to tell him he was not allowed to take them out of the sleeves in the book...LOL!!!!!!! I said nothing, but chuckled to myself. That was very nice of them, but by evening everything single card was out of the book. LOL!!!!! I KNEW he wouldn't keep them in there. Whatever. She'll be hopping mad when she comes home & discovers this. She just doesn't understand children.

Back to the kitchen....have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning Elaine, so glad that the plumbing is now fixed...with home owners and the age of the house comes problems, LOL Hope your Dr. appt. yesterday had good results? Also very happy to hear that they are going to come to your house for John's infusions, I had the antibiotic therapy for pneumonia and it really did help, but the antibiotics gave me severe diarrhea and that is when the Dr. suggested taking probiotics, really made a difference well that and Immodium.

I got my grocery shopping done yesterday, but spent to much time there, so didn't get supper started or even done so when hubby got home we went out to eat, which was nice, hubby teased me when I said it would take to much time and would be to late, he said I was making excuses not to have to cook and do clean up, I laughed and told him it wasn't the clean up because he usually does that, LOL Sometimes that happens when you go to the grocery on seniors discount day, you run into friends and have to chat awhile, but I loved it..had not seen this lady in over 10 years was great to catch up and make plans to get together.

A really cold day here today, I will be making roasted chicken breast and chicken & dumplings...I like drop dumplings. Got all the furniture ordered that I wanted, hubby finished it up by ordering the Lazyboy recliner he liked and checked out the material I had picked, since it is his chair, he liked and ordered..so the sectional is ordered and the rocking recliner for him, will take anywhere from 8 to 12 wks. no hurry, the furniture we have now I bought while in IL...still in good shape, just want something different, people have suggested I sale it, but I have some friends in mind that really can't afford much and really could use it so I shall give it to them..A sofa, love seat, chair with ottoman and rocker recliner, they will be thrilled..

Wel ladies and gents, time to read the news, finish my coffee and get this day started, and the kind of day it is depends on my attitude and how I react to things, I chose happy...and staying out of things that do not concern me, LOL...have a great day one and all..
        Last edited by boffler; 02-12-2016, 08:35 AM. Reason: Donna sure hope your appt. gives you some answers, funny about Kathy, if she says anything about him not doing as he is told, well tell her she set that example, LOL...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
          Still getting that server error thingy in the Daily History thread. However, the forum shows that something is posted there, so I guess I'm just not seeing it for a while. Seems to take quite a long time before it shows up.

Well, today will be another day of phone calls for me to try to contact the Endo clinic and find out about my appointment.
          I had no luck whatsoever yesterday. Then I need to contact the Anticoagulation clinic about my blood thinner med...I think they want me on another form of it until after the procedure. This is NOT fun! It's more like an episode of the Keystone Cops, trying to reach them all.

E is just about done with putting together our treadmill. He was at it most of the day. It requires 2 people, the instructions say....but he is managing well enough on his own. It's a monster, but it'll hold his weight.

yesterday wasnt one of my best days, but I got through it. A good nap helped.
          So far this morning I'm doing good. Later today E's friend is stopping by to go out to dinner. I hope they pick a restaurant that serves soup!

Right now I'm ready for my cereal and my cuppa! ☕️
          Hope you all have a great day! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Warmer here this AM and the days are just beautiful. Every one seems to be out walking their dogs or just chatting with friends and neighbors.
            Went to what we call Neighborhood Watch meeting yesterday. Discussed changing the title to Residents Meeting because there is very little crime in this area. Think that might get more people out and discussed activities we might do.

Rather upset as I can't find the watch that my youngest gave me for Christmas. It is a necklace watch and very cute. Hope I didn't leave it at my other daughter's place.

Chicken and drop dumplings sounds good to me but that is one thing that is hard to make for just one person. I'm pretty good at adapting things for one or two but that isn't one of them. Love lamb stew with drop dumplings. I have made myself lamb stew and that turned out good.

Elaine, I hope the infusion works well for John. Pneumonia can be a real problem.

Gotta run. I need to see if my sis will be home by tomorrow as my neighbor's birthday is tomorrow. She is 94 or 95 and I want to get her some flowers. don't know what else to give elderly people as we all have enough junk already.

Comment

Ate Chinese last night! Drew wasn't happy but managed to find enough to stuff himself. He has noon dismissal today and Sierra only has one morning class so we will meet the bus and do lunch. Never did make the Penney's return so will do that while out. Jon hung the new hood over the stove last night and huffed and puffed and snorted. These old arms only go so far up and only hold so much when they get there but it is hung. His behavior was so much like his father. Drew and I were laying on the bed counting the change jar when we heard him yell...Normally he is yelling for Andrew to help but that funny boy just looked up at me and said "no gram, he wants you"..smart boy to stay out of the kitchen. There is a new dusting of snow this morning and temps are in the 20s and dropping all day to single digits tonight. Thought the ground hog told us winter was over! This weekend I will make a list of the little stuff left up here then we can go into the boys cave to work. That is mainly a cleaning since the trim down there was one of Jon's last middle of the night deals before switching to days. The couch needs to be removed and then we will just have recliners down there. Andrew has his legos spread out and the big screen in down there. You know that commercial about the guy being nose deaf to his man cave? That commercial I understand! When either one of those guys come in asking where something is I always direct them to the couch in the cave...it is in there somewhere! Glad John will be getting special care and hope he starts feeling better soon. Cookie good luck with your appointment and Jo hope you get yours sorted out. Boy did this week fly by and another weekend here!!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

Another cold day..snow..

The furbabies find anice warm spot..With nice thick quilt..

I thought we need a good laugh..Of this cat pic...

I wish spring will get here..And everyone have nice day..And stay warm..
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good crazy party day!
                  Kids are so excited about Valentines.
                  Donna, just yesterday I had two kids do the same thing as Blaise! Cards all out of their pockets and I have no idea ifbtheynwere organized in any special way. I am putting them in a Big envelope and sending them off tomorrow, Donna. This little incident with Blaise has taken down my stress at sending mixed up cards.
                  So thankful I gave myself a three day weekend. I am going to Home Depot for new sand for the kids sand area...it used to be a box, but it kept getting piled other places.
                  No confining toddlers!
                  Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Aloha all!

Had to log in this morning.

Have a good day all and stay warm.

Comment

Working...
                    X